Spring '19 Scores & Standings:| BDA | CJSL | ECNL | BECNL | EDP | EDP Futures | EHYSL | Challenge Cup | State Cup |
| CDYSL | GDA | LIJSL | LI Cup | NCSA | National League | NPL | NE NPL | NJ Cup | NY Cup | NYCSL | WYSL | WYSL Cup | WYSL Premier |

Calendar: Add Tryout
Click here to post to the Tryouts Calendar
Nobody Does It Better
Latest Posts
Red Bull Update
by Dave Birnbaum. 04/19/19 11:52 AM
MLS To Expand To 30 Teams
by Dave Birnbaum. 04/19/19 11:27 AM
And the leagues just keep on 'a-comin'
by Anonymous. 04/19/19 09:42 AM
USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019
by Anonymous. 04/19/19 08:37 AM
Latest Tryout Posts
2008 East Islip FC United Boys EDP
by Mjd723. 04/18/19 09:11 PM
Freehold Storm u13G Looking for Players
by dmoore. 04/18/19 03:56 PM
PASCO Soccer Club Tryouts
by PASCOsoccerclub. 04/15/19 04:22 PM
Soccer Talk Radio
Tweets & Twits
EDP 2018-2019
Scores & Standings
Futures Scores & Standings
EDP Spr. '19 NL Brackets
USSDA Standings
GDA Standings
BDA Standings
ECNL
ECNL Standings
Boys ECNL Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '18 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Spring '19 Scores & Standings
Spring '19 LI Cup
LIJSL Spring '19 Schedule
Sportsmanship Fall '18
NSCAA HS & College Rankings
ENY State Cups
Challenge Cup
Open Cup
BOTN en Espańol
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720852
04/17/19 10:56 AM
04/17/19 10:56 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Larry any updates or rumors on when ECNL will announce the girls decision? I know a bunch of MSC parents are waiting with baited breath given that the boys program got it.

Interested in this one too!

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720853
04/17/19 11:21 AM
04/17/19 11:21 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ridiculous that Albertson has it for boys. SUSA should get it and remove Albertson.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720873
04/17/19 05:37 PM
04/17/19 05:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone keeps saying ECRL is ECNL Regional League, so I went on the ECNL website to get some info, but there is none, or at least I don't see it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

https://www.backofthenet.com/ubbthr...nce-regional-northeast-league#Post719659

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Larry Miller] #720875
04/17/19 09:16 PM
04/17/19 09:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So based on what most of the clubs are announcing, its seems that what everyone suspected is true, this is really just a rebranding on the NE NPL. So the competition will be no better than it is now. Seems to me to just be a hoax then. Just another ploy to make people think they are getting something better and new but it's really the same crap they already have

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Larry Miller] #720876
04/17/19 10:33 PM
04/17/19 10:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So based on what most of the clubs are announcing, its seems that what everyone suspected is true, this is really just a rebranding on the NE NPL. So the competition will be no better than it is now. Seems to me to just be a hoax then. Just another ploy to make people think they are getting something better and new but it's really the same crap they already have

Certainly seems that way

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720878
04/17/19 11:00 PM
04/17/19 11:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might be, but the ECNL RL announcement mentioned that more details are forthcoming, so maybe they will announce additional benefits for the league that NE NPL doesn’t have.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Larry Miller] #720887
04/18/19 10:01 AM
04/18/19 10:01 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might be, but the ECNL RL announcement mentioned that more details are forthcoming, so maybe they will announce additional benefits for the league that NE NPL doesn’t have.

What would that be though? Other than access to the ECNL tournaments, I can't see any benefit, and even then, the college coaches aren't dumb, they still know it's the NE NPL with a different name

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720888
04/18/19 10:11 AM
04/18/19 10:11 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What would that be though? Other than access to the ECNL tournaments, I can't see any benefit, and even then, the college coaches aren't dumb, they still know it's the NE NPL with a different name

I guess we will have to wait and see what they announce. But with the idea that ECNL is trying to make it's platform more attractive than DA or NPL, I'd imagine that they would want to do something more than just open access to the ECNL tournaments. Maybe do some D3-specific events? Or more fluidity between ECNL and ECNL RL rosters? Will be very interesting to see what they come up with.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720897
04/18/19 12:06 PM
04/18/19 12:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, until we hear more, based on what is out there thus far, i.e., clubs just changing their NE NPL teams to ECRL teams, I am assuming this is more marketing than substance with no real benefit to the kids.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Larry Miller] #720900
04/18/19 02:07 PM
04/18/19 02:07 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This allows players to play in both leagues within the same club. In the current state, NE NPL cannot play in ECNL. Under the same banner, it will allow more movement and players to move up and down. Could also mean ECNLR can compete in tournaments under the ECNL banner as well. Sounds like a no brainer.

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720905
04/18/19 05:19 PM
04/18/19 05:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls can play n ecnl and be playing in NE NPL there is player movement now they just can't play both on the same day. If the team is short I have seen a player get brought up for a day

Reply Quote
Re: SUSA accepted into Girls ECNL Regional League (Northeast Conference) [Re: Anonymous] #720911
04/18/19 09:30 PM
04/18/19 09:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This allows players to play in both leagues within the same club. In the current state, NE NPL cannot play in ECNL. Under the same banner, it will allow more movement and players to move up and down. Could also mean ECNLR can compete in tournaments under the ECNL banner as well. Sounds like a no brainer.

This isn't true, girls move up and down now all the time. There's a cap for example on the number of ECNL girls that can play in a NE NPL game but they absolutely can do it. And vice versa. So that's not a new benefit, which again leads me to believe this is literally nothing more than a rebrand.

Reply Quote
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Calendar: Add Tryout
Click here to post to the Tryouts Calendar
Tournaments
EDP Easter Showcase 4/19
Empire Cup Classic 5/11
Empire Cup Showcase 5/18
Columbia Invit. 5/24
Manalapan SC Memorial 5/24
Voorhees SC Memorial 5/24
EDP Memorial Classic 5/25
EDP Pocono Cup 5/25
Blue-Gray Cup 5/25
Commack Memorial 5/25

Lancaster Classic 6/8
Mason Dixon Cup 6/15
Independence Cup
T.W.I.S.T. 8/17
Gettysburg Blast 8/24
OBGC Capital Cup 8/31
WAGS 10/12
SAC Columbus Wknd. 10/12
CT Rush Columbus 10/12
East Islip Columbus 10/12
Nation's Capital Cup 11/9 Columbia Classic Boys 11/9
Columbia Classic Girls 11/16
Baltimore Showcase 11/30
Camps & Clinics
MSC NYC College ID

LIPFC Summer Camp
NYSC Girls Summer Camps
NYSC Boys Summer Camps
NYSC July Camps
NYSC 06-01 Clinics
NYSC 07-08 Girls Clinics
NYSC 07-01 DA Boys ID

East Islip SC Pre-Academy
East Islip SC Spring Camp
Stony Brook Spring Camp
LIRR Spring Camp
LIRR Training Clinics
LIRR Summer Camps

EFC Champions Camp
EFC Pre-Season HS Camp
SUSA Spring Break
KK Athletics Spring Break
Sponsors

Newest Members
dmoore, coachbob23, Juan Rodriguez, NYPSL Clinics, Hosszu73
14783 Registered Users
Search

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave Birnbaum), 84 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1991 - 2019