06/25/19 12:16 AM
06/25/19 12:16 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They lower the bar because they know someone in the DA organization or has influence in the DA. Quite simple.

Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Click Here!

Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #723970
06/25/19 10:11 AM
06/25/19 10:11 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are missing the point! Boys that reach their full size, like 5’7” at 13, with testosterone affecting strength speed and aggression, sometimes learn to count on their strength and size, and can neglect their skills. This will not have learned to play well as a short adult.

V32zwaShould a boy who won’t get his growth spurt until 15 but with better skill and vision play town soccer until he grows to be 6 feet?

Actually I got the point and am spot on. Even the boys that grow first have challenges. They are often relying on size speed strength to win the battles. But it is the coaches fault if they allow it to continue without addressing the technical ability.

As you can see both groups have challenges that’s why age is really the only way to separate them. Draw a line, set a date, have one standard and live with it. Do adjust because it does not favor your kid.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #723971
06/25/19 10:21 AM
06/25/19 10:21 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if anybody noticed, but there are only 8 teams remaining in the U17 playoff pool and 8 teams remaining in the U19 playoff pool. In the U19s there are 4 remaining MLS teams. In the U17s there are only 2 remaining MLS teams. That's right, less than half of the remaining playoff teams are MLS teams. Yet people are clamoring for a separate MLS DA league? Why? The remaining playoff teams should consist only of MLS teams. That's not even close to being the case.

None of Gottschee, Met Oval, or FC Westchester made the playoffs. Gottschee’s U15 academy team came in last place out of 14 teams. The NY Cosmos came in 13th place. NY academy teams struggle when they play travel teams outside the league. 90% of the kids playing DA are average to below average players. That also includes MLS teams. Non MLS academy teams are too expensive and attract fanatic parents willing to pay any amount for their kid to play, no matter how bad. MLS teams are free and carried by a few great players who are way above the rest. If my son wasn’t on a free MLS team I wouldn’t pay to play academy. With travel and showcases it must cost you over $10,000 a year.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #723973
06/25/19 11:25 AM
06/25/19 11:25 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NYC metro area is diluted because of too many teams. It also seems that it isn’t served well by the cast of characters that coach and run the programs.

I’ve heard rumors that some MLS teams are considering the pay model. Apparently their academies just aren’t getting a return on nvestment.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #723976
06/25/19 12:22 PM
06/25/19 12:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

" If my son wasn’t on a free MLS team I wouldn’t pay to play academy. With travel and showcases it must cost you over $10,000 a year."

We all end up paying quite a bit if our kids are decent and they love soccer. Even you, I suspect, when all is said and done. (Some spend almost 10k on Disney! lol! Now that's a waste. By the way, Non-DA/non-MLS DA players are also making memories and having fun)

Some would rather pay and play 90 percent of the time on a non-MLS DA team ( and not travel to practice for 60 or 90 minutes like some MLS DA families) and see how they play against the MLS DA teams. Nice to see how your kid deals with the adversity....(can they impact the game playing on a lesser team?) For some this is preferable. I've seen more than 1 quality player be reduced to a maximum 3 touch player for a very able possession based MLS DA team. They might be better off being the main man on a non-DA or non-MLS DA team. Spend all that time in the car honing skills in the yard or the playground.

You definitely don't need to stay on an MLS DA team or a non-MLS DA to develop or get selected for an MLS DA team at 17 or 18 yrs old. I know of two players that were asked to join Red Bull after playing 3 years and another played 4 years of high school ball. (I feel for the players whose spots they took)

By the way, My kid was on a MLS DA team and then turned them down. Let's see if they want him at 17 and 18 when it matters.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #723978
06/25/19 01:43 PM
06/25/19 01:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if anybody noticed, but there are only 8 teams remaining in the U17 playoff pool and 8 teams remaining in the U19 playoff pool. In the U19s there are 4 remaining MLS teams. In the U17s there are only 2 remaining MLS teams. That's right, less than half of the remaining playoff teams are MLS teams. Yet people are clamoring for a separate MLS DA league? Why? The remaining playoff teams should consist only of MLS teams. That's not even close to being the case.

None of Gottschee, Met Oval, or FC Westchester made the playoffs. Gottschee’s U15 academy team came in last place out of 14 teams. The NY Cosmos came in 13th place. NY academy teams struggle when they play travel teams outside the league. 90% of the kids playing DA are average to below average players. That also includes MLS teams. Non MLS academy teams are too expensive and attract fanatic parents willing to pay any amount for their kid to play, no matter how bad. MLS teams are free and carried by a few great players who are way above the rest. If my son wasn’t on a free MLS team I wouldn’t pay to play academy. With travel and showcases it must cost you over $10,000 a year.

90% ... are average to below average. I didn't think that was possible. Is this the new math people are always talking about? They must not be giving 110%

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #723979
06/25/19 03:34 PM
06/25/19 03:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It must be the new common core math ????

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #723981
06/25/19 04:34 PM
06/25/19 04:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Check that fact again... FC Westchester made the playoffs for the U17s. And Beachside with a lot of the same player pool as FCW also made the 17s playoffs

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #723982
06/25/19 04:45 PM
06/25/19 04:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NYC metro area is diluted because of too many teams. It also seems that it isn’t served well by the cast of characters that coach and run the programs.

I’ve heard rumors that some MLS teams are considering the pay model. Apparently their academies just aren’t getting a return on nvestment.

Absolutely the league is too big, same with GDA. MLS clubs spend a substantial amount of money training these kids (plus travel and other costs). They can make a good bit of that back running camps and RDS programs, but it still is a $ and human capital drain. They also can't make much money off home growns when they actually have any, which doesn't happen often. New rules changes may help some with that, but face it most clubs aren't cranking out Christian Pulisics. MLS clubs would like to pull out of BDA for many reasons but one is they could simply slice the number of teams they're running and save a good deal of money.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #723985
06/25/19 08:53 PM
06/25/19 08:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey my kid has a late year birthday. Starts, Doesn’t play down and is such a threat he is constantly being fouled yet yet when fouled by a big strong heavy kid he gets flipped head over heals. Have you seen the size of some of these teams? Especially NEFC?? Without puberty you can not out run these 185lb 6ft tall men. And when they catch you you’re eating turf.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #723986
06/25/19 09:22 PM
06/25/19 09:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely the league is too big, same with GDA. MLS clubs spend a substantial amount of money training these kids (plus travel and other costs). They can make a good bit of that back running camps and RDS programs, but it still is a $ and human capital drain. They also can't make much money off home growns when they actually have any, which doesn't happen often. New rules changes may help some with that, but face it most clubs aren't cranking out Christian Pulisics. MLS clubs would like to pull out of BDA for many reasons but one is they could simply slice the number of teams they're running and save a good deal of money.

I find it humorous that this discussion started with a post noting how many non-MLS teams made the elimination round of the playoffs and you are talking about how big the league has gotten. Fact is that the Red Bulls were the DA powerhouse before NYCFC came along. Now NYCFC and Red Bulls usually get into the playoffs but the Red Bulls no longer have a monopoly on the local talent so they are no longer nearly as dominant nationwide. We have so much talent in the country but not enough coaching talent and soccer culture to translate it into international results. We also have a lot of local soccer talent with locals regularly getting into academy playoffs. Including Westchester, PDA, Cedar Stars and BWG. I am talking about the last 2-3 years.

I note that now only 1 MLS team remains in the U17 playoffs, with FC Dallas being eliminated today by another Dallas academy that is not MLS.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Larry Miller] #723987
06/26/19 07:13 AM
06/26/19 07:13 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Until we have a better professional league and a singular structure for soccer in this country from pro to youth, it will never really improve.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #723991
06/26/19 09:40 AM
06/26/19 09:40 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are already using a pay model. Look at RBNY. They have regional pre-academy teams that are pay-to-play. And with the U12 dismissal for next season, that's another AG. Next season it will be U13 gone.

To your point on Pulisic, I slightly disagree insofar as training compensation will be a big component going forward. if you look at the math, there's a poor ROI for 12-15 as that gets forced into Category IV, which for CONCACAF clubs is $2000 per year compensation. However, for 16 and up, the training compensation is based on what category the club falls into, and my guess is that MLS would be Category II (highest available in USA). That's a $40k/year.

So if you're an MLS club like RBNY, you can run pay-to-play clubs from ulittle to U13. At U14-15 DA you get to pick from the best and then run competitive U17 teams. Maybe you get a Tyler Adams and sign him to a first team contract. You season the best of those at U18/19 and maybe some go abroad at 18. You'll get back something like $128,000 in training comp if they sign a pro contract. And then if there's a transfer fee involved in any point in that player's career, you'll get 2.5% of that fee.

TL;DR: MLS will make money on ulittles, lose a little to cycle through U14-15, then make it up by having more recoupment options for U16 & up.

Reply Quote
Re: USSF BDA Fall 2018/Spring 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #723994
06/26/19 11:16 AM
06/26/19 11:16 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Until we have a better professional league and a singular structure for soccer in this country from pro to youth, it will never really improve.

It will never happen as long as politics and nepotism rule youth soccer. It is the same American soccer system from 20, 30, 40 years ago. The DA has done nothing to produce great players, not one.

Reply Quote
Page 123 of 123 1 2 121 122 123
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread
Quick Reply

Options HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Calendar: Add Tryout
Click here to post to the Tryouts Calendar
Tournaments
EDP Central Jersey 7/13
EDP Pocono Premier 7/13
EDP Summer Showcase 7/27
EDP MAPS CAPS 7/27
LIRR Beach Bash

Friends of Renz Charity 8/3
CRUSA - FC Bucks 8/3
Kickoff Classic 8/10
LIRR Beach Bash
T.W.I.S.T. 8/17
EDP Fall Kickoff 8/24
Gettysburg Blast 8/24
OBGC Capital Cup 8/31
Southampton Cup CA 8/31
WAGS 10/12
SAC Columbus Wknd. 10/12
CT Rush Columbus 10/12
EDP Fall Cup 10/12
Parsippany Pride 10/11
East Islip Columbus 10/12
Nation's Capital Cup 11/9 Columbia Classic Boys 11/9
Columbia Classic Girls 11/16
EDP Fall Classic 11/16
Southampton Cup TX 11/23
Southampton Cup Balt. 11/23
EDP Maps Cup 11/23
EDP Fall Showcase 11/23
Baltimore Showcase 11/30
Southampton Cup FL 12/7
EDP Winter Classic 12/7
Camps & Clinics
EISC Summer Camps
LIPFC Summer Camp
NYSC Girls Summer Camps
NYSC Boys Summer Camps

LIRR Advanced Training
LIRR Summer Camps
LIRR Team Camps
LIRR Striker Camps
LIRR Goalkeeper Camps
Eastern FC Champions Camp
Eastern FC Pre-Season HS
KK Athletics Summer
SUSA HS Prep
SUSA Finishing/Goalkeeper SUSA @ Baymen
SUSA Fall Kick Off
SUSA Camp Series
SUSA Summer Splash
SUSA Futsal Camp
Gold Coast FC Camps
Gold Coast FC Training
WYSL Summer Camp
Sponsors

Newest Members
HUDSONSPORTSCOM, HempfieldFallCl, Penn Legacy, soccerlife18, Lindycoach11
14835 Registered Users
Search

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (MCCS Rage, H_Wildcats, Dave Birnbaum), 62 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

Click Here!

Copyright (c) Back of THE NET 1991 - 2019