Home
BOTN has obtained a copy of a Cease & Desist letter sent by FC SESA's attorney to Mike O'Malley, the president of the Oceanside United Soccer Club. It appears that the OUSC club has committed Trademark Infringement, and by doing so apparently have been "fooling" some parents and players seeking to play with FC SESA that the OUSC and FC SESA are somehow connected, which is not factual.

Furthermore, the OUSC has been using the FC SESA trademark to further their club player membership. OUSC has been given until December 10, 2019 to cease and desist the use of the FC SESA mark in any and every form or litigation will follow.

BOTN believes that FC SESA will move swiftly to get this issue before a judge with an Order To Show Cause legal procedure.
Which mark? And why on earth would ousc do that? FC sesa? What do they have to gain?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Which mark? And why on earth would ousc do that? FC sesa? What do they have to gain?

Which mark? FC SESA, their name is their trademark and it appears that the Oceanside United soccer club has also been doing business and trading under both the Oceanside United soccer club and FC SESA. They can’t do that.
Surprised how/why a not for profit organization could/would use FC seas for any type of gain? I can’t imagine how that could help ousc - but who knows anymore
From the inception of Oceanside based FC SESA as a better and higher-end alternative to the OUSC, the OUSC club went on the offensive and what they are going be brought into for, IMO is indefensible. What I am trying to find out is whether or not it will just be the club that will be sued or will individual board members also be included should OUSC take a macho stand? Know Mike O'Malley, I expect him to act like the dick he is, and has shown himself to be to me and others and force litigation.
We cant wait for O"Malley to get booted from here
Oceanside soccer club is and was always scared of losing players. FC SESA is now growing quickly it seems. Didn't FC SESA start out of Oceanside originally?
Oceanside soccer club is and was always scared of losing players. FC SESA is now growing quickly it seems. Didn't FC SESA start out of Oceanside originally?

Yes, and therein lies why the club did what they and are still doing. FC SESA still is based in Oceanside and I am of the belief that SESA has taken enough questionable behavior of crap from OUSC.

I'm trying to find out if the individual board members are also going to be sued if the club doesn't get religion by the Dec. 10 date they were given to cease and desist.

BTW, I understand that Karen Meagher is also somehow involved in this mess, but I have yet to get the details...but I will grin
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Which mark? FC SESA, their name is their trademark and it appears that the Oceanside United soccer club has also been doing business and trading under both the Oceanside United soccer club and FC SESA. They can’t do that.

How the heck can oceanside use the FC Sesa name? Is that what's driving this?

How the heck can oceanside use the FC Sesa name? Is that what's driving this?

Yes
Mike O'Malley is the worst president in the history of low-level oceanside soccer. He has no sense of soccer and even less clue on how to run the club. He is the reason why the club is a REC level at best. All the better players always leave and when parents address any issues with Mike all he does is dismiss people. The entire board is full of it as well. This is the problem with town soccer on Long Island! The boards are run by people who never even kicked a soccer ball growing up and to make it even worse they hire a 3rd party training organization like the Redbulls thinking they will be good for the club but instead, they are CRAP. Oceanside is bitter at FC SESA for being the real academy format and growing so quickly but the truth of the matter is oceanside should take an example from that and turn things around to save the players that really do play a good level of soccer. If you don't believe me then look at the RVC soccer club, they are bleeding and all the parents are leaving to FC SESA, East Meadow, and others. Good Guy Mike!!! you destroyed the club and we took our kids out of the club and so will others. Soon you will be left with kids that pick their nose on the fields lol. IDIOT!!!
Mike O'Malley is the worst president in the history of low-level oceanside soccer. He has no sense of soccer and even less clue on how to run the club. He is the reason why the club is a REC level at best. All the better players always leave and when parents address any issues with Mike all he does is dismiss people. The entire board is full of it as well. This is the problem with town soccer on Long Island! The boards are run by people who never even kicked a soccer ball growing up and to make it even worse they hire a 3rd party training organization like the Redbulls thinking they will be good for the club but instead, they are CRAP. Oceanside is bitter at FC SESA for being the real academy format and growing so quickly but the truth of the matter is oceanside should take an example from that and turn things around to save the players that really do play a good level of soccer. If you don't believe me then look at the RVC soccer club, they are bleeding and all the parents are leaving to FC SESA, East Meadow, and others. Good Guy Mike!!! you destroyed the club and we took our kids out of the club and so will others. Soon you will be left with kids that pick their nose on the fields lol. IDIOT!!!

HAHA so true and sad!
Any Oceanside players/parents that are fed up with the BS should look at New Hyde Park. We left for their program 2 years ago and couldn't be happier! Their U12 girls program is off the charts... FTJ
I don't understand. This doesn't seem to make sense. Can somebody please post examples of OUSC using the Sesa name or symbol so I can see what they're talking about.
I don't understand. This doesn't seem to make sense. Can somebody please post examples of OUSC using the Sesa name or symbol so I can see what they're talking about.

I can but I won’t at this time. Let’s see if O’Malley and his board fix the problem and adhere to the Cease & Desist letter.

If they don’t I will publish it along with the lawsuit papers after they are served.

It is my opinion that what OUSC is doing to FC SESA is lower than dog [****]. OUSC will be held accountable based on my conversations with FC SESA. The question I'm waiting to find out is if any of the board members individually are liable? Then again, the club probably has Directors Insurance which will probably cover them.
Sounds like a frivolous lawsuit. My kids play at ousc. Never heard any mention of that crack pot outfit
Sounds like a frivolous lawsuit. My kids play at ousc. Never heard any mention of that crack pot outfit

Crack pot outfit? OUSC will be the ones coming out of this as the crack pot outfit. Tuesday is only days away and I can tell you from experience this is no frivolous lawsuit. This lawsuit has teeth, big teeth. Laugh if you want, but this lawsuit is no joke.

I don't think there is anything frivolous about Trademark Infringement or Tortious Interference with someone's business, and that's just for starters. When all is done, we'll see who is a crack pot outfit.
So, what happened? Please tell me MO’M and his minions are fighting it!!! I’d love to see a little hurt thrown their way for the way their club is run...bunch of bullies...
So, what happened? Please tell me MO’M and his minions are fighting it!!! I’d love to see a little hurt thrown their way for the way their club is run...bunch of bullies...

All that I can tell you is O’Malley and company blinked. That is the good news. The bad news is O’Malley and his executive bunch are still in the soup as they didn’t go far enough. Clearly O’OM & company are under estimating FC SESA.

I expect the OUSC and another entity to find themselves hanging out with their lawyers. The party has just started.

I will share more when I know more, but to be redundant, these legal issues with at least one other party besides OUSC are just getting started.
Love the drama huh
Love the drama huh

Do I wish I could say now what I know, yes, but evidently OUSC likes the drama since they are the ones who created it.
People please get a life.
People please get a life.

This is not about getting a life. This is about not getting ripped off, not having outsiders interfere with a person's livelihood, this about not doing illegal manipulations, and this is about getting justice.

Mike O'Malley is an arrogant prick surrounded by a board that apparently is condonning or encouraging the behavior that may be very embarrassing to the club and an other Oceanside entity.

I'm sure when the time comes other named people will be outed when the next few steps are enacted. Those processes I am told have already begun. I believe in the end OUSC will be found to have acted improperly, it should cost the club money, and may be costly either monetarily or to one's reputation. My 2 cents.
Here's another angle to consider with OUSC. The Board will likely incur legal fees. Fees that are going to, in all likelihood, be paid out of the monies collected from registrations paid for by the good people of Oceanside. That entire board needs to be replaced. Perhaps OUSC should have formed some sort of alliance with SESA for their better players to rise to, not fraudulently putting it out there they were part of SESA. More sleaze in youth sports by adults with huge egos and low standards. Yeah what a great example for the kids of Oceanside. I applaud all the clubs out there that are doing it right and have high standards!
I believe the monetary aspect as quoted in the cease and desist letter will be for treble damages. The discovery part and depositions of the board and at least one outside influencer should it get there could be mind blowing.

I can confirm that two avenues for discovery of documentation has already been put into motion.
MO'M must go.
discovery and depositions on a youth soccer not for profit board? are you serious? these people are all volunteers with full-time jobs that are trying keep a not-for-profit afloat. besides what's with your rush to judgment here? all you have is a letter. there are multiple sides to a story.
discovery and depositions on a youth soccer not for profit board? are you serious? I'm not the one suing OUSC, but the FC SESA Co. is very serious and yes, that is where this is headed.

these people are all volunteers with full-time jobs that are trying keep a not-for-profit afloat. Well, then these volunteers should have not created the problems at hand. These volunteers and their outside the club ally should know better. OUSC got caught and have refused to fix the problem nor assess damages. It is these same not for profit volunteers that will have to answer for this, and they needed to act properly which they didn't and aren't. Deal with the facts.

besides what's with your rush to judgment here? all you have is a letter. there are multiple sides to a story. Ok, so if there are multiple sides how come OUSC has not presented theirs? While I have the letter I also know and have the facts as they are out in the open, and because they know damn well what they have done and continue to be doing.
discovery and depositions on a youth soccer not for profit board? are you serious? I'm not the one suing OUSC, but the FC SESA Co. is very serious and yes, that is where this is headed.

these people are all volunteers with full-time jobs that are trying keep a not-for-profit afloat. Well, then these volunteers should have not created the problems at hand. These volunteers and their outside the club ally should know better. OUSC got caught and have refused to fix the problem nor assess damages. It is these same not for profit volunteers that will have to answer for this, and they needed to act properly which they didn't and aren't. Deal with the facts.

besides what's with your rush to judgment here? all you have is a letter. there are multiple sides to a story. Ok, so if there are multiple sides how come OUSC has not presented theirs? While I have the letter I also know and have the facts as they are out in the open, and because they know damn well what they have done and continue to be doing.

Larry for Prez!

Why would Oceanside Soccer Club, or any defendant, want to litigate this matter on a public, anonymous board; they may or may not have their defenses to this claim but giving your adversary notice of those defenses only hurts you later; I can understand why SESA would, force a quick settlement and reduce ultimate legal fees; but, whatever the outcome, quick settlement or long drawn out litigation, they will be stuck with a PR nightmare; if your neighbor is being sued by a for profit soccer club for what is a non-paid volunteer position, why would you want to use their services in the future? I would want to use the guy that doesn't sue me for missing a payment.
Mr Pep Boys doesn't know the law anyway

Why would Oceanside Soccer Club, or any defendant, want to litigate this matter on a public, anonymous board; they may or may not have their defenses to this claim but giving your adversary notice of those defenses only hurts you later; I can understand why SESA would, force a quick settlement and reduce ultimate legal fees; but, whatever the outcome, quick settlement or long drawn out litigation, they will be stuck with a PR nightmare; if your neighbor is being sued by a for profit soccer club for what is a non-paid volunteer position, why would you want to use their services in the future? I would want to use the guy that doesn't sue me for missing a payment.

Let's take your point and let me ask you if you would want to use the services of a not for profit that did, in fact, do somethings, yes there is an "s" at the end somethings, that was totally improper, and also to allege a governmental elected official for using their position to hurt a legitimate business?

Whether or not OUSC wants to contribute here is moot. I can say that I expect that the litigation by FC SESA to protect their business will be moving forward and it be as early as today. If I get the confirmation I will post it here. Spin this anyway you like, but I would be shocked knowing what I know at this point that the OUSC will be coughing up money to cover for their actions. What is unfortunate is that money will be coming from the parents who paid for their children to play in OUSC and not from the not for profit people who created the issues at hand.

I have to agree. Certainly not the area of the law that is being litigated here.

I am aware of a letter sent by O’MALLEY last night. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. O’Malley had to show his arrogance and play lawyer and he actually made things much worse for his club.

Like I said, I’m looking for an important update sometime today and when I get it I will post it.
O Malley a bigger joke than Mr Pep Boys, agreed

Let's take your point and let me ask you if you would want to use the services of a not for profit that did, in fact, do somethings, yes there is an "s" at the end somethings, that was totally improper, and also to allege a governmental elected official for using their position to hurt a legitimate business?

Whether or not OUSC wants to contribute here is moot. I can say that I expect that the litigation by FC SESA to protect their business will be moving forward and it be as early as today. If I get the confirmation I will post it here. Spin this anyway you like, but I would be shocked knowing what I know at this point that the OUSC will be coughing up money to cover for their actions. What is unfortunate is that money will be coming from the parents who paid for their children to play in OUSC and not from the not for profit people who created the issues at hand.

I do not know what the letter says, but assuming everything in it is true; then it is a complete mess for both sides; my initial reaction to shy away from SESA does not mean that I would be automatically go back to Oceanside (especially since these places are usually run on a shoestring budget and there is no cash for a settlment; why would I want my fees to go to a settlement and not training for my kid. If there is anything on LI, there are soccer clubs all over; I can find a place.

I have to agree. Certainly not the area of the law that is being litigated here.

I am aware of a letter sent by O’MALLEY last night. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. O’Malley had to show his arrogance and play lawyer and he actually made things much worse for his club.

Like I said, I’m looking for an important update sometime today and when I get it I will post it.

Mr. Pep boys may not know, but his attorney does and in this case so do I. O'Malley has, IMO, will cost his club money, embarrassment, hurt registration, hurt another non-OUSC entity, and may I also say, there others who I not addressed by name that will feel the sting of this lawsuit. O'Malley had the chance to fix this right and truly close this issue, but being the bully he is, he just dug a deeper hole.

Within days it will be apparent how badly his ego got in the way of his club and community. You read it here first.

I do not know what the letter says, but assuming everything in it is true; then it is a complete mess for both sides; my initial reaction to shy away from SESA does not mean that I would be automatically go back to Oceanside (especially since these places are usually run on a shoestring budget and there is no cash for a settlment; why would I want my fees to go to a settlement and not training for my kid. If there is anything on LI, there are soccer clubs all over; I can find a place.

First of all, I have the letter(s) and they true. I am saying that without reservation. Secondly, I agree with you about the possible treble damages that may assessed to the club by the courts, which will just be passed onto the unsuspecting parents.

Thirdly, the letter O'Malley sent last night, which is when I received it was about as dumb and clueless as any lawyer can get. (O'Malley is a big time insurance lawyer, just ask him)

His attorney knows.
So has everybody made up ?
So has everybody made up ?

No they haven't. As a matter of fact, I understand the issue has deepened on the negative side for OUSC.

This coming pending lawsuit isn't funny. This is some serious [****]. OUSC has been virtually kicking FC SESA in the nuts since 2015, and after 4 years of continuously pirating the FC SESA brand and trademark via Google to name just one source, FC SESA has had enough.

Now, while my writing and commenting may seem that this is all fun and games, the expected upcoming pending lawsuit isn't a joke. What is beyond comical though is that had Mike O'Malley, and the OUSC board done what was requested to be done in the cease & desist letter, this issue would be done and over with, with no lawsuit and most probably no financial harm to OUSC.

For those of you have encountered the OUSC Executive Bunch they have always operated, IMO. like their [****] doesn't smell, and they sure proved it this time. Mr. O'Malley's arrogance (he is authoring the correspondence to the FC SESA attorney, I'm told) in his lawyerly writings coupled with his latest deceptive action have greatly exacerbated this issue.

OUSC never should have done what they did, and then to get a "get out of jail free card", they not only rejected the card, but dug a much deeper hole for themselves. I would be shocked if they are not served with the papers early this coming week. It will interesting to see who are the named defendants in caption.

My 2 cents.
My kids have been at ousc for a few years now and I have never heard any mention of Sesa from ousc. In fact the only time Sesa was mentioned was from a parent who left Sesa and said they were returning the that group and was trying to get ousc kids to leave also. I also know that Danny left Sesa and was back at ousc. Is that the problem?
My kids have been at ousc for a few years now and I have never heard any mention of Sesa from ousc. In fact the only time Sesa was mentioned was from a parent who left Sesa and said they were returning the that group and was trying to get ousc kids to leave also. I also know that Danny left Sesa and was back at ousc. Is that the problem?

Not even close. What you are asking would be what I consider chopped liver, a nothing burger. What I am alleging, and what the lawsuit will state was what I consider what I wrote above. As a parent in the club you may very well have not been aware of what was going on behind the scene, which will be outlined in the court papers and one that will probably cost the club and its directors some serious coin. I'm told either this Monday or Tuesday will be the initial filing of the summons and complaint.

Thats pure lies, My daughter and son both left OUSC soccer this past fall and i can tell you multiple times we heard from Mike negative comments about SESA. I will even say he went out of his way more then he should have to talk XXXX about SESA and to diswade people from even looking into the program. As for parents leaving sesa to go back to OUSC, well that only happens when you get cut from their academy programs. IF your a high level player then you will make it at SESA if your not them you are welcomed back in loser oceanside sc. And to add to the fake news on DANNY, he did not leave SESA to go back to OUSC. He was actually fired or dismissed. Get your facts strait. Also any answer on why OUSC has been avoiding at all costs not to scrimmage or play the FC SESA academy teams? i know SESA has attempted in the past to set things up but OUSC is duckin them. Mike has destroyed Oceanside SC and the rest of the loser board. Its absolutly sad but i am confident to say my kids will never be returning EVER!
so where is this lawsuit you have been talking about. what is sesa suing fo and how much money. i dont understand what oceanside did they are a town club so how could they do something to get them sued.
Why is MO'M still the president?
Why is MO'M still the president?

That's a different issue. It is not known yet if O'Malley was the one who created this issue or it was someone else like Mike or Karen Meagher or another board member. O'Malley is being called out since he is the president and from correspondence it is clear he knows what the issue is as he evidently worsened the problem just last week.

I expect to find out more as everyone will once the papers are filed with the court which I'm told should be sometime today.
so where is this lawsuit you have been talking about. what is sesa suing fo and how much money. i dont understand what oceanside did they are a town club so how could they do something to get them sued.

We wont know the answer to your questions until the papers are filed with the court. Then the papers become public and we can get a copy and post them for all to see.

I can tell you that I am fully aware of the issue, at least one main issue and admittedly have not published that information yet. If you are an OUSC parent you can ask your coach or board member. They should know the issue(s).
I would love to see the complaint when its filed. Wrong is wrong.

Lets be clear about SESA's academy team, they like every other for profit outfit take anyone that will write a check. Might be better training, better communication, better people but they take everyone regardless of ability

Lets be clear about SESA's academy team, they like every other for profit outfit take anyone that will write a check. Might be better training, better communication, better people but they take everyone regardless of ability

You will see it when I can get it it, and let's be clear, every town team takes anyone who can write a check. This is a business whether it is a for profit or not for profit, and it is the profit motive on the part of OUSC that got them into this trouble, so do not make it seem that SESA, SUSA, etc will take anyone with a check while the town clubs like OUSC are made out to be as pure as the driven snow because they are not any different.

You will see it when I can get it it, and let's be clear, every town team takes anyone who can write a check. This is a business whether it is a for profit or not for profit, and it is the profit motive on the part of OUSC that got them into this trouble, so do not make it seem that SESA, SUSA, etc will take anyone with a check while the town clubs like OUSC are made out to be as pure as the driven snow because they are not any different.

What profit motive does OUSC have? It's a non-profit with unpaid volunteers. Yes town clubs are supposed to take anybody who can write a check and find a proper place for them. The only people making off of OUSC are the trainers they hire. What evidence is there that Sesa has better training? Because they charge more?

What profit motive does OUSC have? It's a non-profit with unpaid volunteers. Yes town clubs are supposed to take anybody who can write a check and find a proper place for them. The only people making off of OUSC are the trainers they hire. What evidence is there that Sesa has better training? Because they charge more?

First of all, not for profit is a tax status. The OUSC must make money. If they didn't make money there would be no club.

BOTN has also learned but won't be able to confirm until after the discovery process that some board members and O'Malley do receive money. Do not be so sure that only the trainers are making money. Who is making money at the OUSC is open for discussion. While I have heard details of who and how much I would need to get confirmation before publishing what is now hearsay.

As a point of reference, the EMSC board members and tournament director(s) have in the past received some substantial checks. Do not assume that every town club is 100% volunteers and that no one is compensated. I think the clubs that compensate are minimal, but in our discussion OUSC and O'Malley raise compensation questions.
BOTN has been sent a copy of an "Intent to Sue" letter addressed to Mike O'Malley. BOTN does not know if we have the permission to post it yet. If we get the permission we will post it or whatever parts of the letter we can post.

meanwhile, we have been sent information that Mike O'Malley is not sharing the conversations and content with the OUSC board, and that the OUSC is finding things out from BOTN. It would be, IMO, very wise for every current board member and past board member who served on the board from February, 2015 forward to request a copy of the letter ASAP...again, my 2 cents
OUSC
President
Attn.: Mike O’Malley
Via email: omalleycoach@aol.com

Re: FCSESA Inc (www.fcsesa.com)

Dear Mr. O’Malley:

As per our correspondence and conversation, we are writing to inform you that after discussions with our client FCSESA Inc., we cannot be satisfied with the actions taken subsequent to your receiving our Cease and Desist. More specifically, instead of removing yourself from a “position of control” over the domain; the domain should have been transferred directly to my client.

We have further advised that if it is proven that you knew of the ownership of said domain since February 2015, there are potential damages well beyond misdirecting Internet traffic from my client to Oceanside United Soccer Club, including but lot limited to fraud and deceptive business practices, among other things.

Be guided accordingly. Please consider this a notice of our intent to sue. Any information and documentation related to Oceanside United Soccer Clubs, purchase, use and sale, or release of the domain fcsesa.com, or other similar transactions may not be disposed of and must be kept safe for litigation purposes. Server Logs, and other cyber data, footprints, shall not be deleted, edited, destroyed or altered in anyway. If said information, Logs, and/or documentation is destroyed we will consider it purposeful obstruction of our rights to discovery, and we shall seek, negative inference, as well as sanctions.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation, in this matter. We look forward to hearing from your company shortly.
OUSC

President

Attn.: Mike O’Malley

Via email: omalleycoach@aol.com

Re: FCSESA Inc (www.fcsesa.com)

Dear Mr. O’Malley:

As per our correspondence and conversation, we are writing to inform you that after
discussions with our client FCSESA Inc., we cannot be satisfied with the actions taken
subsequent to your receiving our Cease and Desist. More specifically, instead of removing
yourself from a “position of control” over the domain; the domain should have been transferred
directly to my client.

We have further advised that if it is proven that you knew of the ownership of said
domain since February 2015, there are potential damages well beyond misdirecting Internet
traffic from my client to Oceanside United Soccer Club, including but lot limited to fraud and
deceptive business practices, among other things.

Be guided accordingly. Please consider this a notice of our intent to sue. Any
information and documentation related to Oceanside United Soccer Clubs, purchase, use and
sale, or release of the domain fcsesa.com, or other similar transactions may not be disposed of
and must be kept safe for litigation purposes. Server Logs, and other cyber data, footprints, shall
not be deleted, edited, destroyed or altered in anyway. If said information, Logs, and/or
documentation is destroyed we will consider it purposeful obstruction of our rights to discovery,
and we shall seek, negative inference, as well as sanctions.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation, in this matter. We look forward to hearing
from your company shortly.

If I had to make a guess, I would think that, most likely, this whole thing is exactly what it looks like. The splitting of FC SESA from OUSC was acrimonious, and this course of action was taken by OUSC to limit FC SESA's ability to operate.

From what I can discern from this letter, it appears that OUSC may be guilty of what is known as "domain squatting". Apparently, OUSC purchased the rights to use the domain name fcsesa.com back in Feb. 2015. If it can be proven that OUSC did this with the intent to disrupt the FC SESA business, then OUSC could be liable for fines and/or damages. If OUSC was indeed redirecting traffic from fcsesa.com to their own web site, that would certainly indicate intent; however, it does appear that, at some point, OUSC did comply with the cease and desist order, as the fcsesa.com domain is currently available for public purchase and is not presently associated with either OUSC or FC SESA. What is odd is that it apparently took FC SESA over 5 years to figure out what was going on and to take action against it.
Good reply. I see you did research on “cyber squatting”, but the end of your post is not accurate as I see it.

There is proof which I found that that the fcsesa.com did forward to OUSC. I have a Camtasia video plus a google search of fcsesa.com shows it is an OUSC website.

Where you are also in error is that while the domain no longer forwards to OUSC is was not transferred to FCSESA inc., which was asked for in the cease & desist letter, but rather it appears to have been dumped to a company that warehouses expired domains and they usually ask exorbitant prices to buy it back.

So instead of just transferring the site back to the FCSESA company, O’Malley dumped it so FCSESA Inc. could not have it, and that is why I expect the lawsuit to go forward within a few days.

Having gone through a very similar situation with LIJSL many years ago, if I were OUSC I would be very concerned, and this could be extremely costly for the club and possibly some of the directors.

It is still not clear who on the board knew what was going on, but discovery should get to that question and many others.

The allegations and causes of action, while there may be more, contained in the letter I posted is not frivolous or something that can now be easily fixed, but it could have been if O’Malley & Company just transferred the site back....too late for that now.

In the end, FCSESA Inc., will get the domain back with damages, and it will all be paid by the OUSC club, it’s insurers if this type of behavior is covered and by the parents who are the income source for this club.
Honest question... Years ago Didn't back of the net drive LIJSL crazy for years with a siimiler re-direct? Drove them crazy LOL
Honest question... Years ago Didn't back of the net drive LIJSL crazy for years with a siimiler re-direct? Drove them crazy LOL

Yes. You are 100% correct. I drove them nuts, and by them, I mean Joan Czach. Here is the difference.

I own LIJSL.com, and I have an ownership paper from LIJSL signed by Bill Peet and Joan Czach stating that fact. LIJSL did not want LIJSL.com.

To take this a step further, about 2 years ago a website wanted to use the LIJSL.com domain. As a courtesy, which I did not have to do, I contacted the LIJSL president, Anthony Moresco (SP?) to advise him and see if the league wanted to buy the domain back. The reply I received, and I'm paraphrasing that the LIJSL have no interest in the domain.

Now, where LIJSL did screw up, IMO, is that they put no conditions on what content can be on LIJSL.com, nor did they ask for right of first refusal if the domain was up for sale. LIJSL can be as G-Rated as Disney or XXX rated as (fill in your favorite xxx site).

Yes. You are 100% correct. I drove them nuts, and by them, I mean Joan Czach. Here is the difference.

I own LIJSL.com, and I have an ownership paper from LIJSL signed by Bill Peet and Joan Czach stating that fact. LIJSL did not want LIJSL.com.

To take this a step further, about 2 years ago a website wanted to use the LIJSL.com domain. As a courtesy, which I did not have to do, I contacted the LIJSL president, Anthony Moresco (SP?) to advise him and see if the league wanted to buy the domain back. The reply I received, and I'm paraphrasing that the LIJSL have no interest in the domain.

Now, where LIJSL did screw up, IMO, is that they put no conditions on what content can be on LIJSL.com, nor did they ask for right of first refusal if the domain was up for sale. LIJSL can be as G-Rated as Disney or XXX rated as (fill in your favorite xxx site).

Omg Larry, you cracked me up with that one! The possibilities are endless!
Any new news on this? I am new to Oceanside and trying to figure out if I should look elsewhere for my 2 children currently in the program for the spring? We have only been here for the fall season and I only met Mike Omalley once at uniform distribution and it was such chaos he was yelling and screaming at adults. Thought he was just overwhelmed with everything but starting to realize from everything I am hearing is the guy is on a serious power trip!
My suggestion is wait for a few days or certainly till the very early days of the new year. I have been told that there will a lawsuit. What I dont know is what the cause of actions will be nor do I know what damages will be involved.

From what I know I think it could be a serious financial blow to OUSC. I also dont know if the club has directors insurance and whether the insurance would cover the action(s) alleged. I dont see this as a joke or a cry for attention on the part of SESA.

As far as your comment on O'Malley. I have met him and have quite a few email exchanges with him in the past and have to agree that he comes off like he is on a power trip, and he certainly seems to be reacting to this serious matter in that manner.
What happens to a not for profit with limited cash on hand IF there was a sizable judgement levied against them? Is that the end of a club? Kind of like declare bankruptcy and close up shop?

Just curious.. how many years ago was this? Just goes to show how out of touch LIJSL is. Why would they not want that domain name is far beyond me?

Just curious.. how many years ago was this? Just goes to show how out of touch LIJSL is. Why would they not want that domain name is far beyond me?

It’s hard to put the whole story into words, but in our first court case where Peet & Coach sued BOTN for writing negatively about LIJSL their attorney, a guy named Soffey made a mistake in his diatribe with the judge, said on the record, “ I don’t care about LIJSL.com he can have it”.

Dave Birnbaum who was my attorney was very smart. Dave drew up a Stipulation and had Peet, Coach, and the judge along with sign it which gave me ownership of the domain.

Stupid as is was, their attorney screwed his client. You are correct. They should want it. The date the agreement was signed was in February 2002. It’s filed in the Supreme Court of New York County of Nassau index number 82990/01.

LIJSL sued me and BOTN 15 times over the years and won nothing, and got nothing unlike OUSC who will pay a price and SESA will get their domain name back.
Any new news?
Any new news?

Nope....
OUSC<br>
President<br>
Attn.: Mike O’Malley<br>
Via email: omalleycoach@aol.com<br>
<br>
Re: FCSESA Inc (<a href="http://www.fcsesa.com/" target="_blank">www.fcsesa.com</a>)<br>
<br>
Dear Mr. O’Malley:<br>
<br>
As per our correspondence and conversation, we are writing to inform you that after
discussions with our client FCSESA Inc., we cannot be satisfied with the actions taken
subsequent to your receiving our Cease and Desist. More specifically, instead of removing
yourself from a “position of control” over the domain; the domain should have been transferred
directly to my client.<br>
<br>
We have further advised that if it is proven that you knew of the ownership of said
domain since February 2015, there are potential damages well beyond misdirecting Internet
traffic from my client to Oceanside United Soccer Club, including but lot limited to fraud and
deceptive business practices, among other things.<br>
<br>
Be guided accordingly. Please consider this a notice of our intent to sue. Any
information and documentation related to Oceanside United Soccer Clubs, purchase, use and
sale, or release of the domain fcsesa.com, or other similar transactions may not be disposed of
and must be kept safe for litigation purposes. Server Logs, and other cyber data, footprints, shall
not be deleted, edited, destroyed or altered in anyway. If said information, Logs, and/or
documentation is destroyed we will consider it purposeful obstruction of our rights to discovery,
and we shall seek, negative inference, as well as sanctions.<br>
<br>
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation, in this matter. We look forward to hearing
from your company shortly.

If I had to make a guess, I would think that, most likely, this whole thing is exactly what it looks like. The splitting of FC SESA from OUSC was acrimonious, and this course of action was taken by OUSC to limit FC SESA's ability to operate.

From what I can discern from this letter, it appears that OUSC may be guilty of what is known as "domain squatting". Apparently, OUSC purchased the rights to use the domain name fcsesa.com back in Feb. 2015. If it can be proven that OUSC did this with the intent to disrupt the FC SESA business, then OUSC could be liable for fines and/or damages. If OUSC was indeed redirecting traffic from fcsesa.com to their own web site, that would certainly indicate intent; however, it does appear that, at some point, OUSC did comply with the cease and desist order, as the fcsesa.com domain is currently available for public purchase and is not presently associated with either OUSC or FC SESA. What is odd is that it apparently took FC SESA over 5 years to figure out what was going on and to take action against it.

What split? Sesa was never a part of OUSC.
nonsense story, nothing happening of consequence
nonsense story, nothing happening of consequence

probably another big fuss to make a club look bad but no follow up
I guess this fizzled out
what came of the big teeth lawsuit?
I guess this fizzled out

The way our system works, this could be tied up for months if not years.
Lawyers keep asking for continuances until the judge finally says enough, get this damn thing settled or we actually go to trial. My guess is Oceanside is trying very hard to figure a way out of the mess the board created without having to pay a small fortune to SESA.
did the judge ever come lol. so larry is another bs story and again nothing happened. i cant wait until i read you answer to this #ouscstrong
My understanding, though not confirmed is that issue is settled, but SESA isn't able to tell me much other than it's settled. Since I know what the issue is, and that the issue was never stated when this post started, I have not seen proof of the settlement.

I have other means to get to the bottom of this with or without the help from SESA....
typical fake news nonsense
typical fake news nonsense

Really? What part of this news is fake. The news is not fake, but you are.
Does anyone really care what happened? No news is good news for both Parties. If it’s settled then great. Let’s get back to kids playing soccer. My god get a life please!!!!
BOTN has concluded our look into the settlement between FC SESA and the OUSC. We will make a new post later today or tomorrow outlining what the issue was, how it was remedied and what it cost the club.

NOTE: If you are a current OUSC parent you may not want to read the story...
BOTN has concluded our look into the settlement between FC SESA and the OUSC. We will make a new post later today or tomorrow outlining what the issue was, how it was remedied and what it cost the club.

Well...?
[quote=Larry Miller]BOTN has concluded our look into the settlement between FC SESA and the OUSC. We will make a new post later today or tomorrow outlining what the issue was, how it was remedied and what it cost the club.

Well...?

When we make our findings, opinions, and comments known it will be a new thread. The post will be in a day or three.
© Back of THE NET Soccer Message Boards