Home
Posted By: Larry Miller G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 07/31/19 04:28 PM
It's the start of the Fall 2019/Spring 2020 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 02/16/20 08:41 PM
Question, does anyone know if LIJSL or NY Club will allow a girls team to register in boys division? This isn’t a question of gender identification rules, just a very competitive girls team not finding well matched opponents. I don’t think there is any rule against this in USSF rules and regulations, just wondering if the local leagues would allow it and if it has ever been done before.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 02/18/20 02:23 PM
wow, someone really is into this non-sense early lol
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 02/18/20 03:40 PM
Actually I’ve been researching and I found the there is a Futsal league which has 12 girls teams registered in boys divisions. It seems that it would be very beneficial to girls, maybe not so much the boys, but I have a daughter so not really my problem. If a Futsal league sanctioned by ENYYSA can allow this then I don’t see any reason why other leagues wouldn’t HAVE to allow this also. Futsal seems considerably more dangerous that regular season play, I’m surprised insurance carriers would allow this, but again it’s 2020 #girlpower
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 02/18/20 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually I’ve been researching and I found the there is a Futsal league which has 12 girls teams registered in boys divisions. It seems that it would be very beneficial to girls, maybe not so much the boys, but I have a daughter so not really my problem. If a Futsal league sanctioned by ENYYSA can allow this then I don’t see any reason why other leagues wouldn’t HAVE to allow this also. Futsal seems considerably more dangerous that regular season play, I’m surprised insurance carriers would allow this, but again it’s 2020 #girlpower


If your girls team is "very competitive" and the competition in LIJSL or NY Club is weak, perhaps you should explore playing in EDP where you will certainly find much stronger competition without having to worry about being allowed to play in a boys division.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 02/18/20 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually I’ve been researching and I found the there is a Futsal league which has 12 girls teams registered in boys divisions. It seems that it would be very beneficial to girls, maybe not so much the boys, but I have a daughter so not really my problem. If a Futsal league sanctioned by ENYYSA can allow this then I don’t see any reason why other leagues wouldn’t HAVE to allow this also. Futsal seems considerably more dangerous that regular season play, I’m surprised insurance carriers would allow this, but again it’s 2020 #girlpower


but I have a daughter so not really my problem...Exactly. No thought given to the fact that perhaps boys dont want to play against girls. What benefit is it for boys. Play to rough, well that is not acceptable. Beat a girls team, when that is unfair. Lose to a girls team you are mocked. Stay in your lane and find a better league. #growup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 02/18/20 07:40 PM
But SUSA has 12 girls teams in Futsal this season. So if they can do it, why shouldn’t any girls team? ENYYSA sanctioned the Futsal league. Therefore by not allowing it in other leagues it is unfair. Our team is too young to compete in EDP. We want best competition locally.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 02/18/20 07:50 PM
meaning 12 girls teams in boys divisions where there is an appropriate aged girls division for them to play in. They are allowed to do this regardless of the negative effect it may have on the opposing boys teams. What is the official rule here? I am going to pose the question to LIJSL who is a partner with the Futsal league.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 02/18/20 08:40 PM
I would say the boys could learn a lot. Top girls teams can out play boys teams at times. Especially boys teams that rely on just athleticism and don’t play soccer. I watched an indoor game at globall: the high level girls team outplayed the boys bad, but the boys won in the final minute. The boys were frustrated. Trying to just win with aggression, and the girls got rid of it and passed around them. The girls looked good, and the boys had a LOT to learn.
Now high end boys teams will crush them, but this boys team will never get better if they don’t learn how to really play the game.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 02/18/20 08:59 PM
Thank you!!! I think all brackets should be decided based on skill level and not sex. I hope LIJSL will allow our team to play in a boys division. If not they will have a major issue on their hands as one of its affiliate leagues allowed SUSA to do this 12 times over.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 02/18/20 09:20 PM
My daughter is in an NYCSL club at GU10 and its completely clear that the top 2 teams in the D1 have no real competition other than themselves. It plain as day that they are going to just get bored until the bigger regional leagues open up to them. I don't think its fair to assume that they boys will automatically be competition for them at this stage either....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 02/18/20 10:04 PM
I got to watch a girls team DEMOLISH a boys team. It was sad and funny at the same time to see the reactions on the boys faces. The boys parents didn’t know how to react. It was interesting to say the least. I do think it was a great benefit to the girls, confidence builder for sure. But I think the harm it may do to boys is as great as the benefit it is for the girls. This is what makes me curious as to how ENYYSA would allow this? But the precedent has now been set, so hopefully we may be looking at some major changes upcoming!! Exciting for girls!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 02/19/20 02:21 PM
I'm all for equality of opportunity yadda yadda. But physicality is a much bigger part of the boys game in general, and there is no way that these boys can ignore their upbringing not to play rough with the girls, so the boys are at a bit of disadvantage because they can't play their normal game. Not trying to take away from the impressive skill of the top G teams, because there is no question they can beat the lions share of same-age-Boys teams out there base but its hard to just assume the B can plug in and play the girls the way they normally would.
How about your Top Girls team registering to play a year or 2 up rather than the boys?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 02/19/20 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm all for equality of opportunity yadda yadda. But physicality is a much bigger part of the boys game in general, and there is no way that these boys can ignore their upbringing not to play rough with the girls, so the boys are at a bit of disadvantage because they can't play their normal game. Not trying to take away from the impressive skill of the top G teams, because there is no question they can beat the lions share of same-age-Boys teams out there base but its hard to just assume the B can plug in and play the girls the way they normally would.
How about your Top Girls team registering to play a year or 2 up rather than the boys?


Careful talking sense around here...It isn't well received. It will be so much fun to watch my daughters team beat a boys team when they are 10. Until the one year all the boys begin to get a bit bigger than the girls and uh oh. Damn than it is unfair, too rough, and they should never allow girls to be pushed around and how could the ENYYSA allow this to happen, my daughters team is not having fun anymore but hey they must have learned so much.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 02/22/20 04:18 AM
How is the east meadow 2011 team?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 02/29/20 04:54 AM
East Meadow team solid, steady, nothing special, however if rumor is true that GS is taking them on next year then they will improve a lot. He always draws talented kids to his teams. Catch 22, creates good teams but pisses off east meadow families who thought their kid was going to be a lock on the a team.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 02/29/20 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
East Meadow team solid, steady, nothing special, however if rumor is true that GS is taking them on next year then they will improve a lot. He always draws talented kids to his teams. Catch 22, creates good teams but pisses off east meadow families who thought their kid was going to be a lock on the a team.



Lol Gary Sullivan is a fat boy over rated wanna be good coach. He is a joke and will say anything so you can send him your kid to his 2 by 2 indoor facility for training setting up some chairs for your kid to run around . Lol joke at best
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 03/02/20 07:05 PM
I have witnessed the top girls teams put a whipping on some boys teams over the years at these younger age groups, U9, U10, and even into U11. They are all just little kids with very little difference, if any, with speed and physical strength. But once the boys hit those 12-13 year ages that doesn't happen anymore. The boys game is just too fast and too physical for the girls. There is a huge difference. Just go out and watch some U13 games.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 03/05/20 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I got to watch a girls team DEMOLISH a boys team. It was sad and funny at the same time to see the reactions on the boys faces. The boys parents didn’t know how to react. It was interesting to say the least. I do think it was a great benefit to the girls, confidence builder for sure. But I think the harm it may do to boys is as great as the benefit it is for the girls. This is what makes me curious as to how ENYYSA would allow this? But the precedent has now been set, so hopefully we may be looking at some major changes upcoming!! Exciting for girls!!!

This is a lose lose situation for the boys.

If they beat the girls and beat them badly and are physical they're looked at as mean boys. If they lose, they lost to girls and no one is going to let them live it down.

If things were coed that's fine. It is what it is...boys playing with girls etc. But again...lose lose for the boys.

Mind you as a parent of a girl in this age group, if she went out there and kicked some boy's asses...I'd be whooping it up with her. But at the same time I'd never coach a team of boys to play vs girls for the fact that there's no way to 'win' in that situation.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 03/05/20 04:13 PM
If the girls can play with the boys then have at it. But what happens if a boys team decided to play in the girls division? It has to a be a two way street. I think you have them play up a year in age on the girls side. Or if it's a couple of girls that are really excelling and carrying the rest have them play with a boys team at your club. I am at enough games where I wonder if it is a girl or boy I am looking at. If the kid has skill let them play. We have had girls join boys in practice and sometimes it works and other times the kids are confused of how hard to go against each other.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: G2011:U09 Fall 2019/Spring 2020 - 03/05/20 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If the girls can play with the boys then have at it. But what happens if a boys team decided to play in the girls division? It has to a be a two way street. I think you have them play up a year in age on the girls side. Or if it's a couple of girls that are really excelling and carrying the rest have them play with a boys team at your club. I am at enough games where I wonder if it is a girl or boy I am looking at. If the kid has skill let them play. We have had girls join boys in practice and sometimes it works and other times the kids are confused of how hard to go against each other.


As good as some of the girls teams are, a boys team would never need to play in girls division to have good competition. There is nowhere that the boys teams would need to play girls teams to get good competition. But there are surely situations where the girls teams can't get good competition against other girls teams.
© Back of THE NET Soccer Message Boards