Home

Several Top Clubs Joining/Broadening Participation With EDP For 2019-20

Posted By: Larry Miller

Several Top Clubs Joining/Broadening Participation With EDP For 2019-20 - 07/01/19 09:32 PM

East Brunswick, NJ (July 1, 2019) - EDP today announced that several top clubs in the East are broadening their participation with EDP for the upcoming season.

The clubs – all of which will be expanding their EDP participation and will have their top teams play in the top EDP divisions in 2019-20, including US Youth Soccer National League EDP Conferences – are as follows:

A3 Soccer (MD)
Academica FC (CT)
Barça Academy Pro NY (ENY)
Baltimore Union (MD)
Cedar Stars Academy Monmouth (NJ)
Cedar Stars Academy Hudson Valley (NYE)
Centercourt FC (NJ)
CT Rush (CT)
Delaware FC (DE)
Inter CT FC (CT) (Formerly Everton America CT)
Maryland Rush Montgomery (MD)
NJ Premier FC (NJ)
NJ Stallions (NJ)
Philadelphia Ukrainian Nationals (PAE)
Philadelphia Union (PAE)
Potomac SA (MD)
Shoreline FC (CT)
Smithtown Kickers SC (NYE)
Sporting CT (CT)
Yardley Makefield Soccer (PAE)

“We are delighted to have these very fine clubs expand their commitment to the EDP platform,” said EDP CEO Alan Shilling. “Not only have we retained the top talent that exists within our league, many of these members will be increasing their participation in EDP for the coming year. This outstanding retention and increased participation from new clubs gives us an opportunity to further increase the competitive level and provide a great game every week for all teams while reducing the travel distances, in most cases.”
Shilling commented that these clubs’ expanded participation is indicative of the continuing popularity of EDP programming, noting that overall EDP team registration to date for 2019-20 is up more than 15 percent.

Commenting on their expanded EDP participation, Barça Academy Pro NY Academy Director Domènec Gausch said, “At Barça Academy Pro NY, we’re very happy to increase our participation in the EDP Leagues. We expect to find in this platform a good environment that will help us to continue developing our players.”

Baltimore Union SC Director of Coach & Soccer Operations Mike Griffith said, “Each year we encourage more and more of our teams to play EDP because of the high standards the league holds. EDP checks all the boxes for Baltimore Union when we consider leagues to play in, a management team that focuses on the players first, extreme organization and communication, great competition, multiple pathways and platforms for our players to grow along with flexible scheduling! We look forward to many more years growing with EDP!”

A3 Soccer President and Executive Director Eddie Hegewisch said: "Over the years, our teams have gained an appreciation for the league's ability to put out a quality opponent every single week. EDP has also gained a strong reputation for being a league that's flexible and affords clubs the ability to work with opponents on making sure the fixtures are accommodating for both teams. When our club considered the inevitable field limitations and the flexibility of EDP, there was no other option for us. We're pleased to have all of our teams in EDP and look forward to a great partnership moving forward."

NJ Premier FC Boys Director of Coaching Bart-Jan Overmaat commented, “NJ Premier FC is very excited as a new club to continue to be part of EDP and we look forward to our teams competing at the highest level.”
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Several Top Clubs Joining/Broadening Participation With EDP For 2019-20 - 07/02/19 01:09 AM

Is this on the boys or girls side? Or both?
Posted By: Larry Miller

Re: Several Top Clubs Joining/Broadening Participation With EDP For 2019-20 - 07/02/19 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is this on the boys or girls side? Or both?


Both.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Several Top Clubs Joining/Broadening Participation With EDP For 2019-20 - 07/02/19 03:13 AM

Two more teams gone from NYCSL NPL — right before they try to fill a second NPL division!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Several Top Clubs Joining/Broadening Participation With EDP For 2019-20 - 07/02/19 03:21 AM



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Two more teams gone from NYCSL NPL — right before they try to fill a second NPL division!


Oops, make that 3 teams — I missed the Everton rebranding.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Several Top Clubs Joining/Broadening Participation With EDP For 2019-20 - 07/02/19 01:49 PM

For all of those that keep bashing the level of play in EDP, this certainly seems like a positive for the league. Some of these are very good clubs.
Posted By: Cross It 4 Fun

Re: Several Top Clubs Joining/Broadening Participation With EDP For 2019-20 - 07/02/19 05:49 PM

The rise of NYCSL was fast the decline was faster..
Posted By: Larry Miller

Re: Several Top Clubs Joining/Broadening Participation With EDP For 2019-20 - 07/02/19 07:02 PM

Quote
The rise of NYCSL was fast the decline was faster..



NYCSL's Executive Bunch were greedy. Too many disappointing leagues especially the NPL, too many promises not kept, and partiality to certain clubs. I also am aware that member clubs are unhappy with the NYCSL fielding tournaments on Long Island to compete with their member clubs.

If they continue down the path they are on which is what i expect they will be an equal league at best to the LIJSL.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Several Top Clubs Joining/Broadening Participation With EDP For 2019-20 - 07/02/19 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Quote
The rise of NYCSL was fast the decline was faster..



NYCSL's Executive Bunch were greedy. Too many disappointing leagues especially the NPL, too many promises not kept, and partiality to certain clubs. I also am aware that member clubs are unhappy with the NYCSL fielding tournaments on Long Island to compete with their member clubs.

If they continue down the path they are on which is what i expect they will be an equal league at best to the LIJSL.


Seems like the NPL will be made up of B teams and also rans? SURF certainly got in at a bad time. Time to move to a different league?
Posted By: Cross It 4 Fun

Re: Several Top Clubs Joining/Broadening Participation With EDP For 2019-20 - 07/03/19 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Quote
The rise of NYCSL was fast the decline was faster..



NYCSL's Executive Bunch were greedy. Too many disappointing leagues especially the NPL, too many promises not kept, and partiality to certain clubs. I also am aware that member clubs are unhappy with the NYCSL fielding tournaments on Long Island to compete with their member clubs.

If they continue down the path they are on which is what i expect they will be an equal league at best to the LIJSL.


Larry it certainly appears that way. I recall about 18 months ago you and I exchanging posts on rolling out a LI based EDP league....Well EDP did better than that securing the larger clubs on LI and the metro area it is game over for NYCSL.
Posted By: Sundevil94

Re: Several Top Clubs Joining/Broadening Participation With EDP For 2019-20 - 07/06/19 02:55 PM

It does not mean every team from a club will be joining EDP. At some ages it does not make sense but further dilutes what is available.
Posted By: Cross It 4 Fun

Re: Several Top Clubs Joining/Broadening Participation With EDP For 2019-20 - 07/06/19 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sundevil94
It does not mean every team from a club will be joining EDP. At some ages it does not make sense but further dilutes what is available.


Correct it does not state all teams. The announcement states the Clubs top team will play EDP and the EDP platform has a competitive level for all teams.

It does not say all the new clubs top teams will play in the top division, so no diluting top divisions...meaning proper placement of teams.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Several Top Clubs Joining/Broadening Participation With EDP For 2019-20 - 07/09/19 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Miller
East Brunswick, NJ (July 1, 2019) - EDP today announced that several top clubs in the East are broadening their participation with EDP for the upcoming season.

The clubs – all of which will be expanding their EDP participation and will have their top teams play in the top EDP divisions in 2019-20, including US Youth Soccer National League EDP Conferences – are as follows:

A3 Soccer (MD)
Academica FC (CT)
Barça Academy Pro NY (ENY)
Baltimore Union (MD)
Cedar Stars Academy Monmouth (NJ)
Cedar Stars Academy Hudson Valley (NYE)
Centercourt FC (NJ)
CT Rush (CT)
Delaware FC (DE)
Inter CT FC (CT) (Formerly Everton America CT)
Maryland Rush Montgomery (MD)
NJ Premier FC (NJ)
NJ Stallions (NJ)
Philadelphia Ukrainian Nationals (PAE)
Philadelphia Union (PAE)
Potomac SA (MD)
Shoreline FC (CT)
Smithtown Kickers SC (NYE)
Sporting CT (CT)
Yardley Makefield Soccer (PAE)

“We are delighted to have these very fine clubs expand their commitment to the EDP platform,” said EDP CEO Alan Shilling. “Not only have we retained the top talent that exists within our league, many of these members will be increasing their participation in EDP for the coming year. This outstanding retention and increased participation from new clubs gives us an opportunity to further increase the competitive level and provide a great game every week for all teams while reducing the travel distances, in most cases.”
Shilling commented that these clubs’ expanded participation is indicative of the continuing popularity of EDP programming, noting that overall EDP team registration to date for 2019-20 is up more than 15 percent.

Commenting on their expanded EDP participation, Barça Academy Pro NY Academy Director Domènec Gausch said, “At Barça Academy Pro NY, we’re very happy to increase our participation in the EDP Leagues. We expect to find in this platform a good environment that will help us to continue developing our players.”

Baltimore Union SC Director of Coach & Soccer Operations Mike Griffith said, “Each year we encourage more and more of our teams to play EDP because of the high standards the league holds. EDP checks all the boxes for Baltimore Union when we consider leagues to play in, a management team that focuses on the players first, extreme organization and communication, great competition, multiple pathways and platforms for our players to grow along with flexible scheduling! We look forward to many more years growing with EDP!”

A3 Soccer President and Executive Director Eddie Hegewisch said: "Over the years, our teams have gained an appreciation for the league's ability to put out a quality opponent every single week. EDP has also gained a strong reputation for being a league that's flexible and affords clubs the ability to work with opponents on making sure the fixtures are accommodating for both teams. When our club considered the inevitable field limitations and the flexibility of EDP, there was no other option for us. We're pleased to have all of our teams in EDP and look forward to a great partnership moving forward."

NJ Premier FC Boys Director of Coaching Bart-Jan Overmaat commented, “NJ Premier FC is very excited as a new club to continue to be part of EDP and we look forward to our teams competing at the highest level.”


Smithtown Kickers?? Shouldnt that be changed to LI Slammers? How big will this Slammers affiliation on LI be?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Several Top Clubs Joining/Broadening Participation With EDP For 2019-20 - 07/11/19 04:51 PM

Smithtown slammers? Since you are fishing ,cast the net and explain.
© 2019 Back of THE NET Soccer Message Boards