Home
Leadership from The East Meadow SC & Farmingdale SC announce a strategic partnership of two of the top soccer programs on Long Island, New York. The Farmingdale SC officially becomes an affiliate member of East Meadow Soccer Club and will host Girls ECRL (Elite Clubs Regional League) teams for the 2019/2020 soccer season. The combined resources & coaching staff from both organizations will expect to continue to provide a proven player-first development pathway for girls’ soccer on Long Island.

Within this enterprise, East Meadow SC & Farmingdale SC will provide a structure and training model that will allow all female players the true opportunity to develop under the highest standards in youth soccer. All players from both clubs will have the opportunity to compete at the highest levels of girls’ soccer in the country, region & state through the ECNL and ECRL.

Ruairi McGuinness, East Meadow SC Director of Coaching said, “On behalf of EMSC we look forward to welcoming the players & coaches of Farmingdale SC to the EMSC Family. EMSC has worked very hard to develop a reputation of sustained professionalism & quality throughout our organization. We are excited to work with Farmingdale SC to maximize our opportunities for the continued progression of both programs."

Jaime Gonzalez, Farmingdale SC Director of Coaching said, “On behalf of the Farmingdale SC, we look forward to this great opportunity for all of our players to continue to grow and take the next step in their overall competitive development. Farmingdale SC has always worked very hard to provide the right avenues for all our players and this is a fantastic opportunity to continue that model. We are very excited to work together with the East Meadow SC’s coaches, players & staff to continue to build a positive future for all players from both clubs.
what happened to smithtown being the affiliate club for the NPL or not ECRL?
Field space is prime
That’s some family! 😂
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what happened to smithtown being the affiliate club for the NPL or not ECRL?

Got booted
That’s some family! 😂

That’s some family! 😂

Yeah it’s going to be like marrying your first cousin. You know how the children are going to come out. Get out the short 🚌
That’s some family! 😂

That’s some family! 😂

Yeah it’s going to be like marrying your first cousin. You know how the children are going to come out. Get out the short 🚌

That announcement is the proverbial loud, wet, stinky fart in church.
LOL and now Jamie and Rouri are in bed, even more, hahaha what a joke LI soccer has become. Rouri needs indoor space for his players so he cuts a deal with the biggest fool on LI Jamie who happens to lease out an old truck Wearhouse and slaps some blue turf on lol and of course makes a deal with Rouri. Rouri hires Jamie to coaches and east meadow team or two furthering the money. I love how these coaches and directors also intimidate the families and of course, the families [****] their pants and pay top dollar for blahhhhhhhhhhhhhh training. Hey Jamie what happened with your college coaching job? did you tell everyone queens college gave you the boot? did you tell the parents that the new head coach did not even want to speak to you and cleaned the house including you? hahaha pathetic trainer in the duo with the little man from EM.....Sad day in LI Soccer once again
I think the fact that the announcement isn’t coming from the president of either club speaks volumes over who’s really benefiting here!
And it’s not the kids.
I think the fact that the announcement isn’t coming from the president of either club speaks volumes over who’s really benefiting here!
And it’s not the kids.

But still the fools will flock there and JG and RM know this.
Who cares! Band aid at best...
Listen if I am Smithtown I am happy. This means Smithtown can join Susa which is awesome for the Smithtown kids, because they can now join high-quality Susa teams. Win Win for Smithtown and Susa!!!
Listen if I am Smithtown I am happy. This means Smithtown can join Susa which is awesome for the Smithtown kids, because they can now join high-quality Susa teams. Win Win for Smithtown and Susa!!!

Agreed. Big loss for EM, being watered down and scummied up. This is like getting a reward for a “conquest” by contracting a bad case of crabs. Sometimes you’re better off keeping to yourself
Ew farmingdale is so bad they are just going to make EMSC really bad

Do you think Susa buys Smithtown outright or is it some kind of partnership?
Don't understand the fuss over these partnerships whether it is Farmingdale or Smithtown or EM or SUSA or someone else. Try out for a team and if you make it, pay up and play the game. It is not that complicated. If you want to play for SUSA, join SUSA. IF you want to play for EM, join EM. If you want to play for Smithtown, join Smithtown. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Smithtown cant be sold. It is a not for profit. Players on Smithtown looking for greener fields will move on their own to SUSA or elsewhere. The recent history with Smithtown and LIPS and his failure to do a job with Sachem and now East Meadow speaks volumes.

As far as this merger goes, IMO the Farmingdale Board totally [****] up the club by giving Jaime Gonzales the power to weaken their (the board) authority over the club.
Only the girls side......
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Smithtown cant be sold. It is a not for profit. Players on Smithtown looking for greener fields will move on their own to SUSA or elsewhere. The recent history with Smithtown and LIPS and his failure to do a job with Sachem and now East Meadow speaks volumes.

As far as this merger goes, IMO the Farmingdale Board totally [****] up the club by giving Jaime Gonzales the power to weaken their (the board) authority over the club.

Yeah but Susa can come in an take over all Smithtown operations and basically own the club, correct?

The parents are worse! Have fun!

Yeah but Susa can come in an take over all Smithtown operations and basically own the club, correct?

In theory, yes they could.
Total crap, Jamie cant get girls in Farmingdale. So he turns the teams over to East Meadow thinking he will get a coaching position. Soon he will be dust.

Maybe I missed something, but has anyone from Smithtown or Lips said anything about doing anything with SUSA whatsoever? I don't see even the remotest possibility of something like that happening.

Who would have thought one of LI’s ‘elite’ clubs would end up being run by an Oompah-Lumpa and the Tin Man.
So Farmingdale will be the new ECNL RL team? Should be interesting to see how they do and how the parents behave
So Farmingdale will be the new ECNL RL team? Should be interesting to see how they do and how the parents behave

Are any of the NPL Smithtown players going to try out? I heard invites had been sent.

Are any of the NPL Smithtown players going to try out? I heard invites had been sent.

I heard the whole team is going to susa. got that right from the horse's mouth. they will be susa C team.
Why would they be the SUSA C team when the Smithtown teams have been beating the SUSA B teams and could probably beat some of the SUSA A teams

I’ll spare you the wait... they will do what they have done since cone monster days. They trash talk the players who challenge their kids and complain when they don’t win. They spread rumors about their coaches and continue to stab each other in the back on the daily! Trash is trash no matter what umbrella it is under. hollah

I heard the whole team is going to susa. got that right from the horse's mouth. they will be susa C team.

Which age group?
This is just great we can't even keep a coach at the whole game at EM and then runs out in the last ten minutes of a tight game. This will just work out fine.
Tin man left early today and Oompah-Lumpa didn't get it done. so it goes ...........

Which age group?

None
Tin man left early today and Oompah-Lumpa didn't get it done. so it goes ...........

Heard about this, that's ridiculous. He's too busy worrying about his commitments to F'dale, SUSA and 6 million other teams that he coaches. Feel bad for the girls that he walked out on.

Which age group?

None

Larry what is this big Smithtown announcement coming? Hearing all sorts of rumors about a partnership with a club out of state. Any insight?
No insight other than all these partnerships are a croc of BS...I cant think of any "partnership" that has been successful. Can you think of any? Going one step further, you say Smithtown will partner with a club out of state? WTF good does that do?

All these clubs and leagues seem to running 3 card monty's on the parents. Dont you think all this soccer [****] is out of control and other than scamming your money WTF are you really getting that is worth the travel and other costs?
Larry as usual you’re right on point and then adults have put their interests way in front of what she beat for the kids and families who pay their salaries.
No insight other than all these partnerships are a croc of BS...I cant think of any "partnership" that has been successful. Can you think of any? Going one step further, you say Smithtown will partner with a club out of state? WTF good does that do?

All these clubs and leagues seem to running 3 card monty's on the parents. Dont you think all this soccer [****] is out of control and other than scamming your money WTF are you really getting that is worth the travel and other costs?

LIPStick and pigs spring to mind.

I'm sure they will claim to get ECNL, GDA or better yet they will have a straight affiliation with Real Madrid. Lol.b

I'm sure they will claim to get ECNL, GDA or better yet they will have a straight affiliation with Real Madrid. Lol.b

Smithtown has never made claims like these so your comment is a total joke. Go back to whatever club your kid plays for and worry about them

Word around here is the out of state partnership
Is huge and will really put Smithtown on the map.
Maybe a BDA would be useful on LI. If they add another gda or girls ecnl club to LI we should all just say forget it. That would be lousy for the whole island. There are already too many gda and ecnl teams.
Nope TL has a contract in place.
GDA!?!? Are you out of your mind tell the players in that town they can’t play school ball!!!
No way .
Is it possible that the out of state partnership Smithtown is creating will make them a GDA Club?
Nope TL has a contract in place.

Contract for what? You think he is getting ECNL? Maybe he can get ECNL RL which is exactly what he has today and will go against everything they have told parents about EDP
Is it possible that the out of state partnership Smithtown is creating will make them a GDA Club?

That would make 4 GDA clubs on LI. I dont think the GDA is that dumb, do you?
Honestly I feel that Smithtown will turn down the partnership if it includes a GDA mandate. That town has a strong history of High School Soccer.
This is just great we can't even keep a coach at the whole game at EM and then runs out in the last ten minutes of a tight game. This will just work out fine.

Coach leaves with 10 minutes left? Call me naive but that seems a bit amateurish at best, negligent at worst. I understand juggling multiple priorities, but what would happen if a player decides to get up outta there in order to make it to something else? How stupid of a consumer do you need to be to tolerate that with the number of other options available? And who the hell are tin man and ooompa?

Coach leaves with 10 minutes left? Call me naive but that seems a bit amateurish at best, negligent at worst. I understand juggling multiple priorities, but what would happen if a player decides to get up outta there in order to make it to something else? How stupid of a consumer do you need to be to tolerate that with the number of other options available? And who the hell are tin man and ooompa?

the ladies man and the shrimp?
What age group did the coach leave? I am assuming there was another adult who had a card to be on the players side?
They all do it .
They take on so many teams.
And it just doesn’t happen.
Any updates on the Out-of-State Smithtown Partnership?

They will wait to see how many kids look to leave the club before the story leaks out anymore. All clubs do the same. Dont leave we have the next big thing coming. The possibility of Smithtown becoming an ECNL club is crazy, not impossible but crazy

They will wait to see how many kids look to leave the club before the story leaks out anymore. All clubs do the same. Dont leave we have the next big thing coming. The possibility of Smithtown becoming an ECNL club is crazy, not impossible but crazy

Where is this idea even coming from? Do people just say whatever they want just to stir the pot?
East meadow is a joke with all the player pooling they have one good team
At every age group then they take 3 teams put them in d5 lol

Where is this idea even coming from? Do people just say whatever they want just to stir the pot?

Smithtown is stirring the pot. Walk around Moriches at practice and ask people. You will hear it there. Rumor is some.big club out west.

Smithtown is stirring the pot. Walk around Moriches at practice and ask people. You will hear it there. Rumor is some.big club out west.

Surf??

You're so full of sh$#
East meadow is a joke with all the player pooling they have one good team
At every age group then they take 3 teams put them in d5 lol

Ok rubble parent oops meant Rebel. You cultivated your environment to implode so now you have time to bash the teams around you. Jokes on you .... but u keep bashing! It’s what u do so well. Glad it’s another team this time and not your kids BFF! #gross

If the new partner is going to help them for tryouts they better make the announcement soon!

You're so full of sh$#

You must not be active at practice. It is coming from parents who speak directly with the club. Big time west coast club. I am excited if they can get ECNL. Great move

Where is this idea even coming from? Do people just say whatever they want just to stir the pot?[/quote]

Smithtown is stirring the pot. Walk around Moriches at practice and ask people. You will hear it there. Rumor is some.big club out west. [/quote]

You're so full of sh$#[/quote]

You must not be active at practice. It is coming from parents who speak directly with the club. Big time west coast club. I am excited if they can get ECNL. Great move[/quote]

Yeah because we need another ECNL team here on LI.
I simply dont get it. A West Coast Club? WTF has Surf San Diego done for NY Surf? I'll tell you. They gave them gotz!! This doesn't sound kosher to me, but in this crazy soccer money-grab all the common sense is gone.

I dont see Smithtown getting GDA or ECNL. Long Island has its limits, but then again, the money grubbing soccer whores rule the day smile

If the new partner is going to help them for tryouts they better make the announcement soon!

Rumor is it’s the Slammers out of LA that want an East Coast Affiliation.

Slammers? Seriously, where do you people get this stuff? I heard they were up in Connecticut and Massachusetts yesterday meeting with clubs

Slammers? Seriously, where do you people get this stuff? I heard they were up in Connecticut and Massachusetts yesterday meeting with clubs

And let me guess, the Slammers would guarantee an ECNL spot?? Come on now.

Automatic spot in national championship games has been guaranteed

Or, we can all stop with the ridiculous speculation and if an announcement is made, we can then all comment on it. But until then, enough with the rumors and speculation.

100% The Slammers bring ECNL to the table for Smithtown! They are making there rounds on the East Coast this week presumably seeing which club/clubs fits there model best. I was told Smithtown wined and dinned them and now they are crossing t's and dotting i's
Too funny. Sounds ridiculous but i would not put I past the ecnl to do that. Sign up Susa one year and screw them over the next. Good old youth soccer biz. So fine.

100% The Slammers bring ECNL to the table for Smithtown! They are making there rounds on the East Coast this week presumably seeing which club/clubs fits there model best. I was told Smithtown wined and dinned them and now they are crossing t's and dotting i's
[/quote]

Dont see ECNL adding a third team to LI. If the Slammers want East Coast affiliation, they need to look off the Island. It is that simple. Dont hold your breathe on Slammers and Smithtown. LMFAO
BOTN has looked into this situation and can report that Smithtown is talking to the Slammers and other clubs seeking an affiliation, however, I'm told Smithtown will NOT be getting ECNL. basically what Smithtown is doing is mimicing what Surf has done and we all know how that affiliation worked and continues to workout.

Dont see ECNL adding a third team to LI. If the Slammers want East Coast affiliation, they need to look off the Island. It is that simple. Dont hold your breathe on Slammers and Smithtown. LMFAO

Smithtown is a non starter, decent enough teams in NPL but nowhere near the amount of strength and depth needed. Manhattan Soccer Club is a much better option if they're interested in NY. Much better teams and infrastructure, history of developing high level players, deeper player pool and potential to draw from greater geographical area and boys teams already have ECNL.
BOTN has looked into this situation and can report that Smithtown is talking to the Slammers and other clubs seeking an affiliation, however, I'm told Smithtown will NOT be getting ECNL. basically what Smithtown is doing is mimicing what Surf has done and we all know how that affiliation worked and continues to workout.

Spot on Larry. Anyone who has lived through the Surf mess knows to be very leery about this this one. Don't commit based on promises or what could happen. Affiliations mean nothing unless ECNL, DA, etc announce anything.

Larry can you come down to Moriches any night of the week and put the rumors to rest? lol. Parents need to realize it will just be a fancy new jersey. Brings nothing else, wait maybe increased costs.

Larry can you come down to Moriches any night of the week and put the rumors to rest? lol. Parents need to realize it will just be a fancy new jersey. Brings nothing else, wait maybe increased costs.

You want me to burst their bubble or kill their dream?

Spot on Larry. Anyone who has lived through the Surf mess knows to be very leery about this this one. Don't commit based on promises or what could happen. Affiliations mean nothing unless ECNL, DA, etc announce anything.

Unless I've missed something, Smithtown hasn't announced anything; the only people making announcements are anonymous posters on this board, so when you say don't commit based on promises, you are just completely talking nonsense. No promises have been made, no announcements made, nothing, just people like you speculating about a club you say is third rate but yet are consumed with talking about. Also, if anything is happening, it's not the same as SURF. Smithtown is a long established club on long island with a history (regardless of what you say) of producing good/competitive teams, and on occasions, really good teams. SURF didn't have that so IF all these rumors are true, which I don't believe, it's not a very good comparison.

Unless I've missed something, Smithtown hasn't announced anything; the only people making announcements are anonymous posters on this board, so when you say don't commit based on promises, you are just completely talking nonsense. No promises have been made, no announcements made, nothing, just people like you speculating about a club you say is third rate but yet are consumed with talking about. Also, if anything is happening, it's not the same as SURF. Smithtown is a long established club on long island with a history (regardless of what you say) of producing good/competitive teams, and on occasions, really good teams. SURF didn't have that so IF all these rumors are true, which I don't believe, it's not a very good comparison.

Thank you Smithtown for your obviously enhanced opinion of your club.
I actually saw 2 guys wearing Slammers jackets at Chick-Fil-A on the Smithtown Bypass the other day. I didn’t think anything about it until I read this thread... This could be huge for LI Soccer!
I actually saw 2 guys wearing Slammers jackets at Chick-Fil-A on the Smithtown Bypass the other day. I didn’t think anything about it until I read this thread... This could be huge for LI Soccer!

I call bullsh$% on this statement

Could be for the Slammers Gentlemen's Club. Smithtown people, be realistic. There's no room for another ECNL or DA. But enjoy those new jerseys. Much like NY Surf has a proven training regimen in line with SD Surf.

Could be for the Slammers Gentlemen's Club. Smithtown people, be realistic. There's no room for another ECNL or DA. But enjoy those new jerseys. Much like NY Surf has a proven training regimen in line with SD Surf.

Dude, it's not Smithtown people saying anything about Slammers, it's anonymous posters on this board trying to stir things up. Why not wait to draw conclusions and/or come to opinions if and when something actually happens?

So it’s no slam dunk yet then?
Not sure why any club would want to do an affiliation look at these....I
I am talking club with club not the 10 affiliates of NYCFC or cosmos etc..

I am sure i missed a few but heres list
ISA - KK
ISA - SUSA
KK - Smithtown
East Meadow - Smithtown

Yes East meadow & Farmingdale or Smithtown & slammers....yawn more of the samec
My things have gone quite! Not a peep in five days?
My things have gone quite! Not a peep in five days?

The eye of the hurricane......
It's heating up........

Dont see ECNL adding a third team to LI. If the Slammers want East Coast affiliation, they need to look off the Island. It is that simple. Dont hold your breathe on Slammers and Smithtown. LMFAO[/quote]

The little birds say that you really don’t know what your taking about, if you think the Slammers are going to come to Long Island and not eventually play under the ECNL banner you are quite mistaken. The Slammers have five complex’s up and down southern Cali right next door to other ECNL teams, they even have the LAFC Slammers
Next to Slammers FC. It’s not going to be the same as Surf.

The little birds say that you really don’t know what your taking about, if you think the Slammers are going to come to Long Island and not eventually play under the ECNL banner you are quite mistaken. The Slammers have five complex’s up and down southern Cali right next door to other ECNL teams, they even have the LAFC Slammers
Next to Slammers FC. It’s not going to be the same as Surf.[/quote]

It sounds exactly like Surf with the added bonus of GDA mess thrown in. LAFC Slammers is right next to Slammers FC because LAFC Slammers was their GDA team that peaced out of GDA after a year and re-entered ECNL "All-In"-similar to PDA and Stars. PDA and Stars opted to go "Blue" & "White" and "East" and "West", Slammers opted to go "Slammers" & "LAFC Slammers".

Now Slammers is a founding member, so they probably could get away with another ECNL team but so was Alby and they did indeed get the boot.Founding member or not, the powers at ECNL are more about preserving the image and success of the league, which is why it would be unlikely that Smithtown would get the badge in their current state. A handful of decent teams that do well in the comfort of their NPL conference does not warrant any type of elevation.

It sounds exactly like Surf with the added bonus of GDA mess thrown in. LAFC Slammers is right next to Slammers FC because LAFC Slammers was their GDA team that peaced out of GDA after a year and re-entered ECNL "All-In"-similar to PDA and Stars. PDA and Stars opted to go "Blue" & "White" and "East" and "West", Slammers opted to go "Slammers" & "LAFC Slammers".

Now Slammers is a founding member, so they probably could get away with another ECNL team but so was Alby and they did indeed get the boot.Founding member or not, the powers at ECNL are more about preserving the image and success of the league, which is why it would be unlikely that Smithtown would get the badge in their current state. A handful of decent teams that do well in the comfort of their NPL conference does not warrant any type of elevation.
[/quote]

It’s not the same thing as Surf,Surf was was franchising with an investor who had no experience in soccer, he was to spread out between Westchester and Long Island. Then he had to take care of personal business and he left a meatball in charge of his organization.One of that guys first mistakes of many was to not use BOTN and he has subsequently ran the Surf organization into the ground.

[/quote]

It is happening. Announcement is imminent. LI Slammers will be in it to take share from Susa with a renovated complex, ECNL badge, same decent training and a much lower cost. Dont choke on your vitamins!
Folks..this is FAKE NEWS. The Smithtown Club may become a Slammers affiliate, but there will be no ECNL coming with them. This may be the Smithtown club trying to spin this to save the attrition rate of losing players looking elsewhere.

It is happening. Announcement is imminent. LI Slammers will be in it to take share from Susa with a renovated complex, ECNL badge, same decent training and a much lower cost. Dont choke on your vitamins!

Folks..this is FAKE NEWS. The Smithtown Club may become a Slammers affiliate, but there will be no ECNL coming with them. This may be the Smithtown club trying to spin this to save the attrition rate of losing players looking elsewhere.

Renovated complex? The town owns Smithtown's fields. They aren't renovating anything.
Renovations have all been approved by the town already
Yeah....and who knows if the water table in Smithtown will allow for this fake complex to be built!
No one said anything about a complex being built, learn to read. The complex is there. Renovations are what is being discussed.
No one said anything about a complex being built, learn to read. The complex is there. Renovations are what is being discussed.

And what will those renovations be?

Lights and possibly additional fields
I love how everyone knows exactly what will and won’t happen.

Plus Lips getting his driveway done.

Plus Lips getting his driveway done.

Yeah because no one at any of the other soccer clubs are making money. What a dumb comment.

I might have believed lights, but new fields? There is less than zero chance that they are taking out the baseball fields to put in more soccer fields.
I saw Walid Khoury and Tommy Lips sharing the sideline bench chumming it up at the PDA tournament after the LAFC Slammers U16 took the top ECNL bracket and the U15 Cosmos upset one of PDA’s top teams on Sunday what’s the story with that partnership has anyone said anything or announced anything?
I saw Walid Khoury and Tommy Lips sharing the sideline bench chumming it up at the PDA tournament after the LAFC Slammers U16 took the top ECNL bracket and the U15 Cosmos upset one of PDA’s top teams on Sunday what’s the story with that partnership has anyone said anything or announced anything?

Lol, the Cosmos got destroyed by 2 NPL teams and squeaked 2 goals against PDA's USYS team, not one of their "top teams" by any stretch of the imagination! Bet the move to USYS EDP is looking pretty good to Smithtown right about now!
PS-the Wilmington Hammerheads will be thrilled to know that they were placed in the top bracket in their inaugural year, oh wait, there is no top bracket in ECNL -shhhhh, don't tell anyone!

Lol, the Cosmos got destroyed by 2 NPL teams and squeaked 2 goals against PDA's USYS team, not one of their "top teams" by any stretch of the imagination! Bet the move to USYS EDP is looking pretty good to Smithtown right about now!
PS-the Wilmington Hammerheads will be thrilled to know that they were placed in the top bracket in their inaugural year, oh wait, there is no top bracket in ECNL -shhhhh, don't tell anyone!

Isn't the only top bracket when they play in the Champions league in playoffs?

It’s obvious you don’t know anything about the caliber of any these teams that you rattled off trying to belittle Smithtown and the Slammers. But that’s cool ....and it’s still gonna happen and all you’re going to do is spend time talking about Smithtown and how terrible they are.

NPL teams? The team out of California was a DA team last year. Take a look at their recent game history and let's see if you still think they're just an NPL team. You should do just a little homework before you speak such stupidity. And anyone who knows anything about girls soccer knows South Shore Select is one of the top clubs around, regardless of badge, particularly in this age group. A quick look at their game history will tell you the same. But that's ok, those were some incredibly impressive wins by SUSA this weekend. The pedigree of the team's they beat are really impressive, lol. And of course, you're statement tells us that you didn't watch the Cosmos game but that's ok, someday the teams will meet and settle it on the field.
If I were the SUSA parents that were on here talking trash, and everyone knows who you are, I wouldn't be so quick to talk. Of the 3 teams you played this weekend none were even remotely close to a .500 team. The Indiana team has won a whopping 3 games all year. The Loudon team a whopping 5 games out of 20 and the Bryce team 8 games. You played total garbage teams this weekend that for whatever reason, have an ECNL badge. Just because they're ECNL, doesn't mean you played good competition. Unfortunately, you give some of the other SUSA parents from your team, who are actually good people with talented kids a bad name. But hey, if it makes you feel better to try and bash your old team because you could no longer buy playing time there, by all means, go right ahead. Oh, and enjoy the bench at SUSA

It’s obvious you don’t know anything about the caliber of any these teams that you rattled off trying to belittle Smithtown and the Slammers. But that’s cool ....and it’s still gonna happen and all you’re going to do is spend time talking about Smithtown and how terrible they are.

What's gonna happen? My kid plays for Smithtown and we were told we're playing USYS NL Club v. Club next year. If that is not the case, Smithtown needs to tell people NOW!!!

What's gonna happen? My kid plays for Smithtown and we were told we're playing USYS NL Club v. Club next year. If that is not the case, Smithtown needs to tell people NOW!!!

If your kid plays for Smithtown and you were told that you were playing USUS NL and have any further questions contact Paul Friedrichs or Pasquale LaManna and personality get to the bottom of the rumors about the Smithtown Slammers partnership.

Yeah, PDA Shore is usually PDA's 3rd tier team after PDA (3 teams) and PDA South (2 teams). Definitely not one of PDA"s "top teams" by any stretch of the imagination.
Isn't this thread supposed to be about EM and Farmingdale?

Right? Smithtown is literally monopolizing every thread on every board with their garbage, they seem very unhinged.

Any news on how Farmingdale tryouts are going?

Yeah, PDA Shore is usually PDA's 3rd tier team after PDA (3 teams) and PDA South (2 teams). Definitely not one of PDA"s "top teams" by any stretch of the imagination.

Still again you obviously don’t know what you’re talking about. PDA Shore is a tough team and nationally rated 69th in that age bracket and 14th in the North East hardly a low level team by any stretch of the imagination but your point is to take away credit from Smithtown I completely understand. Choose any local team in that age bracket that competed in the PDA tournament,Smithtown by far had the most competitive competition ECNL , DA or “NPL”

Still again you obviously don’t know what you’re talking about. PDA Shore is a tough team and nationally rated 69th in that age bracket and 14th in the North East hardly a low level team by any stretch of the imagination but your point is to take away credit from Smithtown I completely understand. Choose any local team in that age bracket that competed in the PDA tournament,Smithtown by far had the most competitive competition ECNL , DA or “NPL”

Smithtown Cosmos had the most competitive competition in the entire PDA showcase!!!! All ages!!!! All brackets!!!! We had the most competitive competition in the whole entire world ever, EVER, EEVVEERR!!!!

He repeatedly uttered as the orderly fastened the straitjacket...
Umm, I'm not usually one who puts much stock in Got Soccer rankings but I assume you are. But wouldn't you want to actually use the ranking correctly if you're going to quote it? PDA Shore Sting is ranked 6th in the nation not 69th. You actually hurt your own argument. Slow down when you're going fast.
E

Until this season ends,Smithtown is still East Meadow’s NPL, so there’s that.
And the topic of EM, Smithtown and Farmingdale are connected, but if you want to talk about Farmingdale and EM I’m in,....can’t wait to see what East Meadows ECNL 2 team looks like. Farmingdale’s talent pool is pretty shallow.Hell EM can hardly field a descent ECNL team never mind backfilling 2 with Farmingdale kids.What do they have one decent team from 05 to 01 ?? And that 03 team is in 5th place because the DOC has a habit of running off his talent.

Tru dat skitt lits. I needs me homie scromie becuz ja no me. Wear the playas at?
Umm, I'm not usually one who puts much stock in Got Soccer rankings but I assume you are. But wouldn't you want to actually use the ranking correctly if you're going to quote it? PDA Shore Sting is ranked 6th in the nation not 69th. You actually hurt your own argument. Slow down when you're going fast.

You assume to much, Got Soccer??? Try to keep up, didn’t use got soccer ranking system. Before you reply to a comment you should probably have an understanding about the topic.
E

And the topic of EM, Smithtown and Farmingdale are connected, but if you want to talk about Farmingdale and EM I’m in,....can’t wait to see what East Meadows ECNL 2 team looks like. Farmingdale’s talent pool is pretty shallow.Hell EM can hardly field a descent ECNL team never mind backfilling 2 with Farmingdale kids.What do they have one decent team from 05 to 01 ?? And that 03 team is in 5th place because the DOC has a habit of running off his talent.

DOC is a DIC
E

DOC is a DIC

He's not coaching that team anymore right? Is that a good change?
E

DOC is a DIC

Which one
E

DOC is a DIC

Which one

The one that decided to say buh bye to Smithtown! Those Smithtown people are really pissed off about it

Actually, my point was to point out that PDA Shore is not "one of PDA's top teams". They may be tough, but they are not one of PDA's top teams. More a kudos to PDA for having such depth in their club than a slight to Smithtown.
If I were the SUSA parents that were on here talking trash, and everyone knows who you are, I wouldn't be so quick to talk. Of the 3 teams you played this weekend none were even remotely close to a .500 team. The Indiana team has won a whopping 3 games all year. The Loudon team a whopping 5 games out of 20 and the Bryce team 8 games. You played total garbage teams this weekend that for whatever reason, have an ECNL badge. Just because they're ECNL, doesn't mean you played good competition. Unfortunately, you give some of the other SUSA parents from your team, who are actually good people with talented kids a bad name. But hey, if it makes you feel better to try and bash your old team because you could no longer buy playing time there, by all means, go right ahead. Oh, and enjoy the bench at SUSA

The Loudon team tied Stars West and just checking, were you counting the Indiana team's win against PDA White in their wins or is that in addition to? Now PDA White is one of PDA's top teams, not that crap team Smithtown is beating their chests over, lol.
No one is pounding their chest. It's just funny how people want to keep bashing Smithtown saying they are so bad yet these same people are infatuated with Smithtown and can't stop posting about them. You wouldn't be posting about them is they were that bad. There's 100 other clubs on long island, yet no one talks about them, why, because they actually do suck. People only talk about the same 4 or 5 clubs (SUSA, Alby, EM, Smithtown) because they are the only ones worth talking about.

Actually, my point was to point out that PDA Shore is not "one of PDA's top teams". They may be tough, but they are not one of PDA's top teams. More a kudos to PDA for having such depth in their club than a slight to Smithtown.

Actually your point was to be a wise arse “by any stretch of the imagination” and you probably also got caught in your uninformed got soccer comment. You weren’t giving any
recognition to PDA for having Depth just talking down about Smithtown

Actually your point was to be a wise arse “by any stretch of the imagination” and you probably also got caught in your uninformed got soccer comment. You weren’t giving any
recognition to PDA for having Depth just talking down about Smithtown

I never mentioned Smithtown or got soccer. I only mentioned PDA, and what I said was 100% true. Ask anyone from PDA where PDA Shore ranks within the club. You are being super-sensitive.

Yeah, PDA Shore is usually PDA's 3rd tier team after PDA (3 teams) and PDA South (2 teams). Definitely not one of PDA"s "top teams" by any stretch of the imagination.[/quote]

Still again you obviously don’t know what you’re talking about. PDA Shore is a tough team and nationally rated 69th in that age bracket and 14th in the North East hardly a low level team by any stretch of the imagination but your point is to take away credit from Smithtown I completely understand. Choose any local team in that age bracket that competed in the PDA tournament,Smithtown by far had the most competitive competition ECNL , DA or “NPL” [/quote]

Actually, my point was to point out that PDA Shore is not "one of PDA's top teams". They may be tough, but they are not one of PDA's top teams. More a kudos to PDA for having such depth in their club than a slight to Smithtown.[/quote]

recognition to PDA for having Depth just talking down about Smithtown [/quote]

I never mentioned Smithtown or got soccer. I only mentioned PDA, and what I said was 100% true. Ask anyone from PDA where PDA Shore ranks within the club. You are being super-sensitive.
[/quote]
Lol !! yeah I’m very sensitive,I’ve been called a lot of things in my life sensitive was never one of them.Do know how a thread works ? I guess not .
Now that Farmingdale and EM are forming the ECNL2 team, what will happen to the Farmingdale EDP team? They have a good team and it would be a shame if it falls apart or forgotten by the club.
Now that Farmingdale and EM are forming the ECNL2 team, what will happen to the Farmingdale EDP team? They have a good team and it would be a shame if it falls apart or forgotten by the club.

Isn't the point of the partnership for Farmingdale to provide the ECNL2 team for EM? So that EDP team becomes the ECNL2 team?
The fees will go up so prepare your self
Know someone on that Farmingdale 2006 EDP team. No girls were promised a spot on ECNL 2 team. So the league and I guess the parents put the new league before the girls. What a shame. We played them a few times over the past few years and they were always a tough game.
by making this partnership Farmingdale has officially given the club over to Jaime who I might add coached I think in 4 clubs this Spring. Does he have a lifetime appointment? Farmingdale isn't winning anything so why don't they just go back to being a comminuty club? This deal is so everyone can make even more money. IT's INSANE!!!
by making this partnership Farmingdale has officially given the club over to Jaime who I might add coached I think in 4 clubs this Spring. Does he have a lifetime appointment? Farmingdale isn't winning anything so why don't they just go back to being a comminuty club? This deal is so everyone can make even more money. IT's INSANE!!!

Not if you fall for it, or buy into it!!
Farmingdale already gave to club over to Jamie awhile ago, that is why the club is falling apart. Yes they have a couple "good"teams but they are struggling to get teams under U12. The boys are horrible and the younger girls are also falling apart. There is no U11 and no u9 girls. Why would someone want to pay over $1000 for mediocre trainers. Don't even get me started on the way they charge each team. It's done by Jamie so you can guess it's a mess.
Know someone on that Farmingdale 2006 EDP team. No girls were promised a spot on ECNL 2 team. So the league and I guess the parents put the new league before the girls. What a shame. We played them a few times over the past few years and they were always a tough game.

Is it possible that they would keep 2 teams at that age group? One for EDP and another for ECNL2?

How many teams does this Jaime coach? 4 clubs seriously??
Farmingdale brings nothing to the table.
Farmingdale brings nothing to the table.

Yes, they turf field!!!!
It is so true that Farmingdale has amazing sports fields. You see hundreds of young boys coming out and playing football but they can’t get boys to fill rosters on the soccer teams. This “Strategic Partnership” seems to only focus on the girls teams? Why is there no emphasis on the boys in Farmingdale?
Why do so many kids who play for RM leave or end up hating the sport?
When you combine young players who want to “play” a sport they love with coaches who feel the need to win in order to advance their own resumes it’s a recipe for disaster. It’s great that a few girls get accepted onto college teams but to sacrifice your entire program for them? Town teams like East Meadow and Farmingdale need people in charge who want to put players on the field, not 1-2 players in college programs every year. It’s not entirely their fault because the parents who have their kids play for them don’t seem to see the whole picture. This is either because they are under the illusion that their kids are superstars or they are too disconnected with their child’s experience. The kids don’t look at who’s in first place or last place in the divisions because most don’t care. The parents and these “must win” trainers do.
When you combine young players who want to “play” a sport they love with coaches who feel the need to win in order to advance their own resumes it’s a recipe for disaster. It’s great that a few girls get accepted onto college teams but to sacrifice your entire program for them? Town teams like East Meadow and Farmingdale need people in charge who want to put players on the field, not 1-2 players in college programs every year. It’s not entirely their fault because the parents who have their kids play for them don’t seem to see the whole picture. This is either because they are under the illusion that their kids are superstars or they are too disconnected with their child’s experience. The kids don’t look at who’s in first place or last place in the divisions because most don’t care. The parents and these “must win” trainers do.

They are not town teams

If a club makes it's goal to get as many kids into college with soccer as possible, then it's up to the kids and the parents to decide if that's what they want. If there aren't enough kids to achieve this, then the club should re-think their goal. On the other hand, if there are tons of kids lining up to join, then the club should be able to assume that these kids (and their parents) want that same goal.

There are plenty of clubs out there that just want to provide a nice soccer experience for kids.

If a club makes it's goal to get as many kids into college with soccer as possible, then it's up to the kids and the parents to decide if that's what they want. If there aren't enough kids to achieve this, then the club should re-think their goal. On the other hand, if there are tons of kids lining up to join, then the club should be able to assume that these kids (and their parents) want that same goal.

There are plenty of clubs out there that just want to provide a nice soccer experience for kids.

Everyone seems to forget this nowadays.
My address says Farmingdale and pretty sure many others have addresses with East Meadow. If they are not town teams then maybe they should go back to being town teams! Most of these players wearing Farmingdale uniforms aren’t even from my town.
East Meadow Soccer Club looking for players for most of their teams? And I read our 2005 girls might have just lost 2 of their top players? This is what happens when “self-interest” trainers try to manipulate clubs and parents into bad decisions. Some people see what’s happening and run while others unfortunately will realize too late and be stuck. Get out while you still can!!!!!
I thought Farmingdale had a Youth Sports Council comprised of Soccer, Football, LAX and Baseball to make sure that the fields were exclusive to Farmingdale residents?
I thought Farmingdale had a Youth Sports Council comprised of Soccer, Football, LAX and Baseball to make sure that the fields were exclusive to Farmingdale residents?

They do, but you don't have to live in Farmingdale to join the farmingdale team. Most of the girls on their top teams are not from Farmingdale.

They do, but you don't have to live in Farmingdale to join the farmingdale team. Most of the girls on their top teams are not from Farmingdale.

What top teams are you referring to? Club is a [****] show now

What top teams are you referring to? Club is a [****] show now

You are correct, should have said older girls team.
Looks like Susa will benefit from this goofy merger!! Good luck Jaime, you’re days are numbered... #jerk
Looks like Susa will benefit from this goofy merger!! Good luck Jaime, you’re days are numbered... #jerk

And Ruairi, when both board realizes that they are lining up their pockets behind their back, looks what’s going to happen!!!

And Ruairi, when both board realizes that they are lining up their pockets behind their back, looks what’s going to happen!!!

What makes you think they don't know?
Smithtown and Slammers partnership was officially announced yesterday.
Smithtown Kickers Announce Partnership with Walid & Ziad, Founders of Slammers, to Become Smithtown Slammers

Smithtown, New York – Smithtown Kickers, one of the largest youth soccer development programs in New York, and Walid and Ziad, the founders of Slammers, have announced a long-term partnership.

This agreement will see Smithtown Kickers align its 40-year history with the culture for personal growth that Walid and Ziad have developed with Slammers on the youth soccer stage to become Smithtown Slammers for the 2019-2020 season and beyond.

Formed in the late 1970s, Smithtown Kickers has been a focal point for the development of soccer on Long Island since its foundation. With a great deal of history that includes success on the recreational and competitive levels, Smithtown is prepared to enter a new chapter that focuses on combining its best practices with the proven models of player development that is unique to the Slammers.

Smithtown Kickers Board of Directors

“The landscape of youth soccer on Long Island and in Smithtown has been changing over the last few years. There are organizations that are trying to impact our community, which has triggered us to examine our current products. We looked for a partner that would enable us to raise the level of services for our club members, while allowing the Smithtown Kickers to maintain our rich history and commitment to our community.

With numerous titles including state, regional, and national championships Smithtown brings a tried and true soccer culture to this relationship. With over a dozen national titles between the two clubs, we believe that we're starting this partnership on a very solid foundation.

The Slammers embodied all the core values that our club has, plus they have outstanding tools and services that will enhance our intramural and travel programs. We are excited at this groundbreaking alignment that will benefit the Smithtown families.”

The Slammers brand, one of the most recognized names for player development, was founded in 1994 by Walid and Ziad Khoury. More than 25 years later, the name has been tied to 15 national championships, three world championships, and ECNL club championships in 2012 and 2016. In addition, more than 500 of its alumni have gone on to play for NCAA Division I, II and III programs across the United States, earning multiple All-American and All-Conference honors, and NCAA Division I national championships.

This partnership marks the first official move to the east coast for the Slammers name and its culture of youth soccer development.

Walid Khoury, Co-Founder of Slammers

We are incredibly excited to bring the Slammers name, culture, technical goals and merge with the success and history of the Smithtown program. We cannot wait to get started and bring this brand new culture to the Smithtown families and Long Island community in 2019."

Smithtown and Slammers partnership was officially announced yesterday.

Interesting. Had heard the rumors but until now didn't believe it. Will be interesting to see if Slammers can replicate the success they've had on the west coast. They just cleaned up at the ECNL national championships and were voted ECNL Club of the year so they clearly are a powerhouse.
History has shown that all these Long Island and area clubs with outside affiliations have produced NOTHING. Why? Same failed coaches, same failed trainers, and the same player pool. More sizzle than substance.
History has shown that all these Long Island and area clubs with outside affiliations have produced NOTHING. Why? Same failed coaches, same failed trainers, and the same player pool. More sizzle than substance.

The player pool is not the issue. These kids have been taught by individuals who can’t or won’t teach. By a system that allows failure to be misrepresented as development. The training on LI is aweful and the coaches are horrible this I agree with.
PS Rauri is a a-hole
Good opportunity in terms of branding for smithtown but it’s true, the lack of local talent and poor decision making by delusional parents chasing the next best thing only means there’s more money going into the pockets of big organizations. No one has the ability to churn out superior players. Inherent genes and a little luck is the only way this happens. You can pay a ton of money to help develop fitness and some quicker feet for your kid, but that just puts you in a population pool along with tens of thousands of others. And you can accomplish that without spending a dime. Being able to puff out your chest when seeing your kid score a goal or watching their team win a “in truth a completely meaningless game” is at the center of virtually every parent’s priority. Buying a jersey with a logo to prance around in, is their way to passive aggressively do it. This news is great for NO ONE other than those employed by Slammers or smithtown soccer. Congrats to them
East Meadow Soccer Club looking for players for most of their teams? And I read our 2005 girls might have just lost 2 of their top players? This is what happens when “self-interest” trainers try to manipulate clubs and parents into bad decisions. Some people see what’s happening and run while others unfortunately will realize too late and be stuck. Get out while you still can!!!!!

Lol or said parents think their kid will be a star at another because poaching club feeds them what they want to hear, free tuition etc, and they eat it up.
The way the announcement reads, it doesn't seem like there's a formal connection to the LA Slammers' organization as it says the partnership is with "the founders of Slammers".
Slammers will do nothing for SMITHTOWN. Just cost parents more money. Lips keeps losing trainers to Susa. He has a handful of good trainers but that's it. Most are young and lack experience. If it walks like a duck and quack like a duck it must be a duck. Changing the name will not change what the club is.
Why are we talking Smithtown on Jaime’s merger thread! Wonder how it’s going in east Meadow this summer...
Why are we talking Smithtown on Jaime’s merger thread! Wonder how it’s going in east Meadow this summer...

The Oompah-Lumpa is barely keeping it together. The Tinman has had more departures than JFK airport during Christmas vacation. If it wasn’t for the mercenaries joining from other clubs they would be toast.
Slammers will do nothing for SMITHTOWN. Just cost parents more money. Lips keeps losing trainers to Susa. He has a handful of good trainers but that's it. Most are young and lack experience. If it walks like a duck and quack like a duck it must be a duck. Changing the name will not change what the club is.

Hmmm...sounds like Smithtown is Ducked......
Smithtown? Really? Why they even a conversation?
Smithtown Kickers Announce Partnership with Walid & Ziad, Founders of Slammers, to Become Smithtown Slammers

Smithtown, New York – Smithtown Kickers, one of the largest youth soccer development programs in New York, and Walid and Ziad, the founders of Slammers, have announced a long-term partnership.

This agreement will see Smithtown Kickers align its 40-year history with the culture for personal growth that Walid and Ziad have developed with Slammers on the youth soccer stage to become Smithtown Slammers for the 2019-2020 season and beyond.

Formed in the late 1970s, Smithtown Kickers has been a focal point for the development of soccer on Long Island since its foundation. With a great deal of history that includes success on the recreational and competitive levels, Smithtown is prepared to enter a new chapter that focuses on combining its best practices with the proven models of player development that is unique to the Slammers.

Smithtown Kickers Board of Directors

“The landscape of youth soccer on Long Island and in Smithtown has been changing over the last few years. There are organizations that are trying to impact our community, which has triggered us to examine our current products. We looked for a partner that would enable us to raise the level of services for our club members, while allowing the Smithtown Kickers to maintain our rich history and commitment to our community.

With numerous titles including state, regional, and national championships Smithtown brings a tried and true soccer culture to this relationship. With over a dozen national titles between the two clubs, we believe that we're starting this partnership on a very solid foundation.

The Slammers embodied all the core values that our club has, plus they have outstanding tools and services that will enhance our intramural and travel programs. We are excited at this groundbreaking alignment that will benefit the Smithtown families.”

The Slammers brand, one of the most recognized names for player development, was founded in 1994 by Walid and Ziad Khoury. More than 25 years later, the name has been tied to 15 national championships, three world championships, and ECNL club championships in 2012 and 2016. In addition, more than 500 of its alumni have gone on to play for NCAA Division I, II and III programs across the United States, earning multiple All-American and All-Conference honors, and NCAA Division I national championships.

This partnership marks the first official move to the east coast for the Slammers name and its culture of youth soccer development.

Walid Khoury, Co-Founder of Slammers

We are incredibly excited to bring the Slammers name, culture, technical goals and merge with the success and history of the Smithtown program. We cannot wait to get started and bring this brand new culture to the Smithtown families and Long Island community in 2019."

Curious to see how this all works out for Smithtown. Once Slammers people see the style of play (dump and chase) that Smithtown (most coaches) are teaching their players, they'll leave as quickly as EMSC.
Just looked on East Meadow website and they list all former Farmingdale girls teams as East Meadow teams now. Why would Farmingdale allow JG to take all their girls travel to another league? What could they possibly get out of this? I don’t get it.
The Farmingdale teams are now the ecrl teams as season me call it the b team.
Just looked on East Meadow website and they list all former Farmingdale girls teams as East Meadow teams now. Why would Farmingdale allow JG to take all their girls travel to another league? What could they possibly get out of this? I don’t get it.

$$$$$
Your a soccer club. What is the point of more $$$$$ when you give your teams away. The point is to build up your program to encourage kids to come put on your uniform. Or at least that’s what I thought. Problem is when you look up your Director of Soccer training on internet and he appears in an East Meadow jacket. Farmingdale building new fields and hands teams (even if in name alone) to another club. Terrible.
Got to get a load of the club managers! Spit out my morning coffee when I read through. Talk about scrapping from the bottom!
Farmingdale must be spending millions on all the new fields we have going up and you think the soccer club would trade a few thousand dollars for their entire girls travel program? Teams will now be using our beautiful new fields wearing East Meadow uniforms!!! Awesome job Farmingdale Soccer!!!! This JG already has a bridge he’s ready to sell you!!!
Your a soccer club. What is the point of more $$$$$ when you give your teams away. The point is to build up your program to encourage kids to come put on your uniform. Or at least that’s what I thought. Problem is when you look up your Director of Soccer training on internet and he appears in an East Meadow jacket. Farmingdale building new fields and hands teams (even if in name alone) to another club. Terrible.

Smithtown had kids running around in East Meadow uniforms for years until they got canned by them, so why is this a problem?
Farmingdale must be spending millions on all the new fields we have going up and you think the soccer club would trade a few thousand dollars for their entire girls travel program? Teams will now be using our beautiful new fields wearing East Meadow uniforms!!! Awesome job Farmingdale Soccer!!!! This JG already has a bridge he’s ready to sell you!!!

Farmingdale didn't spend millions, they play at a TOB park. Also it's just the 2007 and older girls playing as EM. All younger teams are still under Farmingdale(for now that is)
A friend told me a few players moved to the ecnl team from her Farmingdale team. I believe o2 and 03

Farmingdale didn't spend millions, they play at a TOB park. Also it's just the 2007 and older girls playing as EM. All younger teams are still under Farmingdale(for now that is)

Oh yes the EwM and Farm “ECRL” teams what a joke and dumb parents that buy into this crap, keep dreaming folks and wasting your money!!
I see a lot of people on here bashing EM and Farmingdale(Which I agree with,). If you look at other chats people are bashing almost all teams. There must be some goods ones out there. Can anyone name a good club for girls?
As soon as the adults starting making their living (full time) from youth soccer things went south real quick. The clubs will always fall short of our expectations as customers and the expectations on the national level. Will some kids rise through the muck? Of course, but not nearly the percentage of kids or their true potential reached if the kids best interest was the FIRST priority.

ALL these clubs local and Academy are chasing the short term and for that business is a booming. If you want your kid to stay the course and continue to love a sport you need to give them the down time, support them to try other things and most of all be selective and keep the programs with all their money grabs in perspective. This is not a sprint to the finish; its a marathon with many turns. Allow your kids the freedom to be kids. Its okay if they "miss out" here and there to be kids. Clubs don't want them to miss out because they need the monthly revenue stream. Show me any professional sport where the athletes play year round!

Some parents are part of the problem. Education first and being a good kid should be our focus.
A friend told me a few players moved to the ecnl team from her Farmingdale team. I believe o2 and 03

That's because the smurf cant hold onto any talent.
I was told there was a meeting where Farmingdale parents with girls in ECRL were told they were prohibited to spend any money on outside training. And if they did their daughter would be removed from the league. Is this accurate and does it apply to the boys teams as well?
I was told there was a meeting where Farmingdale parents with girls in ECRL were told they were prohibited to spend any money on outside training. And if they did their daughter would be removed from the league. Is this accurate and does it apply to the boys teams as well?

Definitely not a league rule. Maybe a club rule?
Why would you need outside training. You are ECRL the best! So you shouldn’t need another trainers East Meadow has the best trainers? A bit concerning if people are already looking for training before they even begin. Where is all the money going?

FSC and JG are losing revenue with this partnership, EMSC still getting money from the ECRL registration, uniform kick-back etc...
what is a four letter word for snatch?
what is a four letter word for snatch?

Grab
EMSC
Snag!
[quote=Anonymous]EMSC[/

Or SUSA. Or FURY or Surf, SESA ,.....
[quote=Anonymous]EMSC[/

LI SOCCER IS SO DISHEARTENING!
[quote=Anonymous]EMSC[/

The parents at the end are at fault for continuing to support these programs! They have us investing in their system for years with the expectations that our kids are developing the right way! Please! The minute someone new comes aboard loyalty goes our the window! Where is the development there?

Stop waiting your time and money with all those organizations. Keep your children in town clubs and to the extra training that training organizations like Rough Riders or SUSA Camps and even EM camps provide. Use them don’t let them use you!

Concentrate on Academics!!!! Spend the extra $2000 a year these clubs are making you pay and put towards their education!
[quote=Anonymous]EMSC[/

The parents at the end are at fault for continuing to support these programs! They have us investing in their system for years with the expectations that our kids are developing the right way! Please! The minute someone new comes aboard loyalty goes our the window! Where is the development there?

Stop waiting your time and money with all those organizations. Keep your children in town clubs and to the extra training that training organizations like Rough Riders or SUSA Camps and even EM camps provide. Use them don’t let them use you!

Concentrate on Academics!!!! Spend the extra $2000 a year these clubs are making you pay and put towards their education!

Great points! You’ll wind up in the same (or better) situation because of the academic influence and very likely will avoid the disappointment and hostility many parents leave in their wake when they eventually leave a club because they experience said loyalty going out the window. We all know parents who look to make it their mission to bad mouth or discredit a club or club members through vitriol. (See this message board or club sidelines) Unnecessary, very immature, and unfortunately a lasting impression you leave on your own kid who NO DOUBT will repeat the same behavior in the future. And likely pass that mentality on to future generations. So yes, the parents are completely at fault
[quote=Anonymous]EMSC[/

Great points! You’ll wind up in the same (or better) situation because of the academic influence and very likely will avoid the disappointment and hostility many parents leave in their wake when they eventually leave a club because they experience said loyalty going out the window. We all know parents who look to make it their mission to bad mouth or discredit a club or club members through vitriol. (See this message board or club sidelines) Unnecessary, very immature, and unfortunately a lasting impression you leave on your own kid who NO DOUBT will repeat the same behavior in the future. And likely pass that mentality on to future generations. So yes, the parents are completely at fault

I wouldn't say parents are "completely" at fault. You have people in our ear saying this and that and some of these people seem well intentioned. Time goes on and parents become more experienced and seasoned. This whole process with the parents and their developing to decipher the good from the bad is all while they are trying to do what is best for their kid. This is not an easy task when you have used car salesman in your ear.

Some coaches and organizations prey on the naïve parents who have not been around or just don't get it. I do agree there is limited loyalty and if a parent wants to speak up against a bad experience there is a proper way of doing so. I don't think the sideline is the place. However I understand when someone who is working 70 plus hours a week makes a mistake and loses their cool as a result of another lie from a coach/said organization. Playing with someone's emotions is a dangerous mistake when so much time and money are being put into something that involves their children.

Try and be honest and communicative clubs/coaches. I know its a lot to ask.
[quote=Anonymous]EMSC[/

I wouldn't say parents are "completely" at fault. You have people in our ear saying this and that and some of these people seem well intentioned. Time goes on and parents become more experienced and seasoned. This whole process with the parents and their developing to decipher the good from the bad is all while they are trying to do what is best for their kid. This is not an easy task when you have used car salesman in your ear.

Some coaches and organizations prey on the naïve parents who have not been around or just don't get it. I do agree there is limited loyalty and if a parent wants to speak up against a bad experience there is a proper way of doing so. I don't think the sideline is the place. However I understand when someone who is working 70 plus hours a week makes a mistake and loses their cool as a result of another lie from a coach/said organization. Playing with someone's emotions is a dangerous mistake when so much time and money are being put into something that involves their children.

Try and be honest and communicative clubs/coaches. I know its a lot to ask.

To reiterate, placing so much time and money (not to mention importance) into this is misguided. I don’t see it as clubs preying on people. They’re businessmen looking to increase revenue and max out profit. Just like any other business. Other than keeping you’re kid safe and their insurance policy current, they don’t owe you anything. Stop expecting different. And start acting like an adult. Speaking of a bad experience is one thing, but I don’t believe that’s what is being referenced. Regardless if you work 70 hours a week or pick your ass for 80.
Wrong. You can still be in business and keep your integrity. When you start telling flat out lies to do this or that you are now an ***hole with a crappy business model.
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

To reiterate, placing so much time and money (not to mention importance) into this is misguided. I don’t see it as clubs preying on people. They’re businessmen looking to increase revenue and max out profit. Just like any other business. Other than keeping you’re kid safe and their insurance policy current, they don’t owe you anything. Stop expecting different. And start acting like an adult. Speaking of a bad experience is one thing, but I don’t believe that’s what is being referenced. Regardless if you work 70 hours a week or pick your ass for 80.

Insurance and and keeping my kid safe? Then why spend all that money in a bussiness that claims to be an academy and develop players to the highest level. If I want a babysitter with a insurance policy might as well stay in a town club which provides a great atmosphere for kids and they’re able to stay with their peers. I’m looking for an honest academy which can develop le my child into a great soccer player and point my child into the right direction without the personal interest of the club.
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

Insurance and and keeping my kid safe? Then why spend all that money in a bussiness that claims to be an academy and develop players to the highest level. If I want a babysitter with a insurance policy might as well stay in a town club which provides a great atmosphere for kids and they’re able to stay with their peers. I’m looking for an honest academy which can develop le my child into a great soccer player and point my child into the right direction without the personal interest of the club.

God you people are delusional. You don’t need an Academy to point your kid in the right direction. That’s your job. Talent, self discipline and motivation will open doors, and there are very few trainers who could move the needle to the point where you see enough improvement to stand out among the thousands of others. Plus the money you invest in Academy training will completely out pace any relief you may be fortunate enough to get from a school. You should have stopped your post after writing “I might as well stay in a town club which provides a great atmosphere........”. 90+ % of the people can wind up in the same place as anyone else paying 7k - 10k a year minimum for 6 - 8 years. That doesn’t include all the time wasted traveling and bad feelings most people experience. Again, just read this message board or check your local sidelines for examples. Clubs cannot keep “every promise” to every player. It’s impossible
I hope the East Meadow/East Meadow Farmingdale teams find better competition than they have at their own tournament this weekend!!!! Lol
And what team is your kid on?
Take this as a compliment to these East Meadow teams. My kid is in this tournament but I wish we were somewhere else!!!! Lol
And what team is your kid on?

Fair question. Will an answer be forthcoming?
Ha. Guess no answer. Just trying to compare teams. Seems like this parents team is one of the best on Long Island.
Ha. Guess no answer. Just trying to compare teams. Seems like this parents team is one of the best on Long Island.

There is little to no competition at the EM tournament anymore so its not really a good barometer as to how good your kids team is.
What team is your kid on?
Why is nobody saying what team their kids are on?? Their kids must all be on better teams. We would like to know what these teams are.
Obviously their kid is on a Long Island team. Meaning that they can't say because there team is not better.

God you people are delusional. You don’t need an Academy to point your kid in the right direction. That’s your job. Talent, self discipline and motivation will open doors, and there are very few trainers who could move the needle to the point where you see enough improvement to stand out among the thousands of others. Plus the money you invest in Academy training will completely out pace any relief you may be fortunate enough to get from a school. You should have stopped your post after writing “I might as well stay in a town club which provides a great atmosphere........”. 90+ % of the people can wind up in the same place as anyone else paying 7k - 10k a year minimum for 6 - 8 years. That doesn’t include all the time wasted traveling and bad feelings most people experience. Again, just read this message board or check your local sidelines for examples. Clubs cannot keep “every promise” to every player. It’s impossible

Wpsl

So a NYclub team currently has girls playing at the following schools, not DA or ECNL. Shows that the the league is not the deciding factor. Trainer, abilty and player desire are the critical determining factors. Accept it. All played recently played together.
Stop believing that the league is the determing factor. All good schools at different levels, find your level of play and make a plan. It’s not that hard.

Quickstrike FC
Notre Dame
U Conn (Multiple)
Sacred Heart (Mulitple)
George Mason
Stony Brook
Albany
Miserecordia
Scranton
Union
College of St. Rose
Susquenanna
Binghamton
Does anyone read these posts before assuming parents are saying their kids team is wonderful? I said my kids team is not so good and up against teams today and yesterday that were far superior! Not sure why they made us play these teams other than to build their confidence. Hence the reason why I didn’t want to say the teams name! Ready to get on with the remainder of my weekend!
Go back and read. You never said your kids team was not good.
Folks, take all the money you're spending on soccer training, travel, fees etc and throw it all in a mutual fund. Stick your kid in with the local travel team. Your kid is going to wind up in the same place and you'll be able to foot the bill for college and have money left over.
You are absolutely correct for 85pct of the girls. For the other 15pct they need the competition the ecnl provides you don’t find that on the town teams. And if you say u do u don’t know sh@#$t
You are absolutely correct for 85pct of the girls. For the other 15pct they need the competition the ecnl provides you don’t find that on the town teams. And if you say u do u don’t know sh@#$t

Keep the dream alive dad and keep smoking!! Stop living thru ur kid!!
just being honest playing on a town team is about as painful as playing on a HS team..i know truth hurts but it is what it is
just being honest playing on a town team is about as painful as playing on a HS team..i know truth hurts but it is what it is

speak for yourself and keeping handing out the cash. Where do most non town players end up?

There are plenty of well coached town teams out there. And there are plenty of poorly coached trainer run teams out there. You really need to look at these things on a team by team basis.
your absolutely right but I would say the well coached town team pool is much smaller in addition the town team will not give you the opportunity to play top talent from across the country and showcase your abilities to highly ranked college programs
I was considering having my daughter tryout for 06 ECRL next year but just noticed while her team is playing in the top division at the upcoming Discovery Cup East Meadow Farmingdale is in the lowest division. Is that a mistake?
I was considering having my daughter tryout for 06 ECRL next year but just noticed while her team is playing in the top division at the upcoming Discovery Cup East Meadow Farmingdale is in the lowest division. Is that a mistake?

Yes, it would be a mistake for your daughter to tryout for 06 ECRL.

it depends. Is your daughter happy with her current team? Is she getting the playing time she wants? Or is she not happy? If the latter, maybe worth it to try out for 06 ECRL.

it depends. Is your daughter happy with her current team? Is she getting the playing time she wants? Or is she not happy? If the latter, maybe worth it to try out for 06 ECRL.

ECRL is a joke, way for ECNL to make money. You can find a team playing edp that is better than joining this my kid isn’t good enough for ECNL league. Pure money grab and desperate parents that want to say there kids play in this “special” league.

ECRL is a joke, way for ECNL to make money. You can find a team playing edp that is better than joining this my kid isn’t good enough for ECNL league. Pure money grab and desperate parents that want to say there kids play in this “special” league.

100% correct, NPL was dying, this was only way they could compete with EDP. Sooner parents wake up and realize they are being played for fools the better.

ECRL guarantees that my daughter's team will be at Jeff Cup and PDA Showcase, where every college she is interested in attends. Also, league games in MA, CT, PA and MD are opportunities to invite nearby college coaches to league games. Also, less expensive than most of the NPL teams in our area. Worth it for her.

ECRL guarantees that my daughter's team will be at Jeff Cup and PDA Showcase, where every college she is interested in attends. Also, league games in MA, CT, PA and MD are opportunities to invite nearby college coaches to league games. Also, less expensive than most of the NPL teams in our area. Worth it for her.

Does ECNL play at that as well? Do u think colleges would look at them that have both teams there? Nonsense! Keep paying!!
That is so true. Colleges are going to look at lowest skilled players on ECNL “A” Teams before they look at highest skilled players on ECRL “B” Teams. Parents probably promised college scouts will be there and they will be. Just not at “B” team games.

Does ECNL play at that as well? Do u think colleges would look at them that have both teams there? Nonsense! Keep paying!!

College coaches will look at a player if the player has reached out to them and provides enough information for that coach to want to see them (eg. GPA, test scores, etc). When my D was at Jeff Cup as a U17, her NE NPL team had nearly 100 coaches at her games across the 3 days. Ultimately, she received an offer from one of her top D3 choices and is there now. Admittedly, if she were targeting top D1 programs, NE NPL/ECRL would not be an effective place to be, but some of her teammates are now playing at lower-level D1 programs and one at a D2 program.
That is so true. Colleges are going to look at lowest skilled players on ECNL “A” Teams before they look at highest skilled players on ECRL “B” Teams. Parents probably promised college scouts will be there and they will be. Just not at “B” team games.

College coaches for those that are not "top D1" colleges are going to go to these tournaments and watch the players that are interested in their school and the coaches think have a shot at getting those players. D had coaches from Hopkins, Carnegie Mellon, Williams, Amherst, Pace, Brandeis, TCNJ, Wesleyan, Franklin and Marshall, Haverford, Emory, Rochester, Ithaca, and dozens more attend her games at Jeff Cup and PDA Showcase.
Top teams in top divisions are the easy way out for coaches. Real coaches are looking at the most athletic and talented kid regardless of where they play. Many of the schools listed on the above pages are in mid to low schools in their divisions. These coaches are filling their rosters from all over and walk ons. D3's give no money, lots of D2's and low D1's aren't always fully funded so many kids are attending as a preferred walk on with a guaranteed roster spot and zero athletic money
Top teams in top divisions are the easy way out for coaches. Real coaches are looking at the most athletic and talented kid regardless of where they play. Many of the schools listed on the above pages are in mid to low schools in their divisions. These coaches are filling their rosters from all over and walk ons. D3's give no money, lots of D2's and low D1's aren't always fully funded so many kids are attending as a preferred walk on with a guaranteed roster spot and zero athletic money

Coaches at strong academic schools like the ones listed above are looking for players who are both strong players and students who can keep up academically. That combination of athletic and academic strength is not common at the top teams in top leagues. So yes, coaches at strong academic schools are willing to look at ECRL players if they have strong academics.
Hahahaha! 06 Farmingdale ECRL team playing in the LOWEST division at the Discovery Cup. Can't go lower. This is what you parents pay and travel for? You could have stayed home and played a local crap tournament for 1/3 of the money. JG selling you idiots a bill of goods. An expensive bill of goods for crap training and competition.
The 06 ECRL Farmingdale team playing in the absolute bottom division at the discovery cup, That's a lot of money to spend on crap soccer and travel. Keep spending parents on JG's BS! HAHAHAHAHA!
What a joke! Farmingdale 06 ECRL playing in the bottom division at discovery cup. Absolute bottom. All that money and travel for crap competition? JG finds some more suckers!! Hahaha!
Does anyone actually care about an ECRL team that is the B 2006 team? What is funnier is LISC GDA 2006 team lost to PSA South which is PDA’s 4th 2006 team? How does a GDA team lose to the D team. For those at home counting in 2006 age group PDA’ s #1 team is Blue, #2 team is White, #3 team is Shore, and #4 team is South(the team that LISC 2006 lost to today)... Sad day for LISC
you're exactly right, who cares about ECRL? Big money, small returns.
Does anyone actually care about an ECRL team that is the B 2006 team? What is funnier is LISC GDA 2006 team lost to PSA South which is PDA’s 4th 2006 team? How does a GDA team lose to the D team. For those at home counting in 2006 age group PDA’ s #1 team is Blue, #2 team is White, #3 team is Shore, and #4 team is South(the team that LISC 2006 lost to today)... Sad day for LISC

South is usually ahead of Shore.
Lowest bracket Discovery Cup Winner aka Jaime Gonzalez resume builder. I hope every parent who lines this guys pockets makes him Jaime “Gone”zalez soon. Not fair to his players or players on other teams who should be playing their own level competition. His players deserve better. How much can he charge for 6 year old birthday parties at his lame facility? And how many 6 year old parents can he convince he can bring them a college scholarship?
Yeah, this going well! The already pathetic EMSC 05 team is now bringing 06 ECRL players to Greer. What about the 05 ECRL players? They don’t want to play? JG strikes again! Write those checks parents, write those checks!
If you think the 05 team is bad you should witness the 05 ECRL disaster.
Bitchez be trippin but playas be sippin soon. Cuz we shakin it till we break it. And weez bout to break it on the waterfront
Look how well the EM ECRL G2007 team is doing, that is the biggest joke of them all, think they scored 4 goals the whole season and won maybe 1 game and that was the team that finished in last place just below them. They will play in their own Indoor tourney which pulls in LIJSL division 3 teams and “dominate” to make the parents feel they are looking better for the spring season and of course keep paying!! Nice work midget!! Keep it up
Yeah, this going well! The already pathetic EMSC 05 team is now bringing 06 ECRL players to Greer. What about the 05 ECRL players? They don’t want to play? JG strikes again! Write those checks parents, write those checks!

Didn’t they tie their first game?

Yes. Against a team with 1 win in their league. Small victories?

At ECNL showcases you play teams of “equal or near “ standings as you. Stop being bitter you weren’t invited. Why do you even care what goes on with these teams didn’t you leave?

At ECNL showcases you play teams of “equal or near “ standings as you. Stop being bitter you weren’t invited. Why do you even care what goes on with these teams didn’t you leave?

Oh c’mon know. Let’s not get all serious and talk about bitterness. It’s a great question. If ECRL is supposed to be a feeder to ECNL, Why is JG bringing 06s to Greer to tie games against bad teams? If I paid all that money to play ECRL, whatever that is, I’d be kind of annoyed that JG didn’t even consider an 05 for this tournament. Perhaps people care because they don’t like see predators like JG steal money while selling you suckers a bunch crap.

Oh c’mon know. Let’s not get all serious and talk about bitterness. It’s a great question. If ECRL is supposed to be a feeder to ECNL, Why is JG bringing 06s to Greer to tie games against bad teams? If I paid all that money to play ECRL, whatever that is, I’d be kind of annoyed that JG didn’t even consider an 05 for this tournament. Perhaps people care because they don’t like see predators like JG steal money while selling you suckers a bunch crap.

Right! The only people who should discuss being bitter are those who signed up for that BS! And they should be very bitter!
East Meadow, Albertson, Oceanside, SESA, Farmingdale. how much more BS is going on in LI! It’s ridiculous!!!

Are you sure the 05 ECRL players weren't asked? Given they are new to this, maybe they weren't prepared to spend the travel money.
[quote=Anonymous]Yeah, this going well! The already pathetic EMSC 05 team is now bringing 06 ECRL players to Greer. What about the 05 ECRL players? They don’t want to play? JG strikes again! Write those checks parents, write those checks!

Are you sure the 05 ECRL players weren't asked? Given they are new to this, maybe they weren't prepared to spend the travel money.
[/
Is that a joke? These knuckleheads will sell their other children for the dream these charlatans are selling! More likely the 05 team has a bunch of check writers and few soccer players. Sucks for them. Money not well spent.
I think most of the 06 players are from RM’s ECNL 06 team. So that’s probably why they went and not the ECRL girls.
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Yeah, this going well! The already pathetic EMSC 05 team is now bringing 06 ECRL players to Greer. What about the 05 ECRL players? They don’t want to play? JG strikes again! Write those checks parents, write those checks!

[/Quote]

Is that a joke? These knuckleheads will sell their other children for the dream these charlatans are selling! More likely the 05 team has a bunch of check writers and few soccer players. Sucks for them. Money not well spent.

A year ago, these ECRL teams were playing in low/medium level local EDP leagues, right? Most of these players probably never traveled further than New Jersey for a game or tournament.
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Yeah, this going well! The already pathetic EMSC 05 team is now bringing 06 ECRL players to Greer. What about the 05 ECRL players? They don’t want to play? JG strikes again! Write those checks parents, write those checks!

[/Quote]

A year ago, these ECRL teams were playing in low/medium level local EDP leagues, right? Most of these players probably never traveled further than New Jersey for a game or

Nope! A year ago these so called ECRL teams didn’t exists. Any decent players got the hell out of dodge! Anyone who stayed, or came, were treated to crap training for premium dollars. Please, do not try to present this as anything more than it is. A money grab. ECRL is glorified LIJSL. So thanks Jamie for your input but save it for the kool aid drinkers writing those checks. I feel so sorry for those 05 dolts who thought this was real! An 06 ECRL player chosen over your Mia? That’s rough.
[/quote]
06 ECRL team is better than the 05 ECRL team.

A year ago, these ECRL teams were playing in low/medium level local EDP leagues, right? Most of these players probably never traveled further than New Jersey for a game or

Nope! A year ago these so called ECRL teams didn’t exists. Any decent players got the hell out of dodge! Anyone who stayed, or came, were treated to crap training for premium dollars. Please, do not try to present this as anything more than it is. A money grab. ECRL is glorified LIJSL. So thanks Jamie for your input but save it for the kool aid drinkers writing those checks. I feel so sorry for those 05 dolts who thought this was real! An 06 ECRL player chosen over your Mia? That’s rough.

[/quote]

I thought the EMSC ECRL team was the team from Farmingdale, right? Weren’t those Farmingdale teams playing in low level EDP leagues last year? Or did they cut all of those players and start anew?

I thought the EMSC ECRL team was the team from Farmingdale, right? Weren’t those Farmingdale teams playing in low level EDP leagues last year? Or did they cut all of those players and start anew?
[/quote]

Bitchez please! Ain’t got no time for your low level shenanigans. Had to bounce like da bubble in dat pipe
All I can say is on LI there will always be someone looking to take your money. And paying lots and lots of money wont make you or your team good. You either have "it" or you don't. Save your money and go on a family vacation instead

Sorry, any parent has to have a screw loose to allow and worse pay for their kid to play for this guy or his little friend.

Sorry, any parent has to have a screw loose to allow and worse pay for their kid to play for this guy or his little friend.

They’re Magically Delicious!
The ECNL has a few players with injuries and 1 of them is a ECRL 05 player who was supposed to play in Greer with them. The ECRL team is training for their 1st league game next week. They are also trying to figure out how to survive without their best player. She’s done for the year with I think an ACL injury.

You all should just enjoy watching your daughters play. It goes by way too fast. Listen to me. My kid is 21 and Not playing anymore.
Yeah, okay mom, thanks for the input. Being that 05 ECRL teams best player is like being the tallest midget.
How many clubs do these trainers train for? Some are in at 4 at a time poaching
Can anyone give a recap of how this partnership is going and what benefits its offered anyone?
Can anyone give a recap of how this partnership is going and what benefits its offered anyone?

EM ECRL= Idiot parents paying for a pipe dream and praying on their knees that their kid can play ECNL one day, pathetic!
Once the kid is in ECRL he or she will stay there! They’re not going to move to ECNL! Don’t be fooled!
© Back of THE NET Soccer Message Boards