Spring '21 Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA | LIJSL |
| MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | ENY State Cup | WYSL | CDYSL |


BOTN Translation
Forum Search
BOTN Event Countdown to the...
Spring 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '21 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 04/17/21 06:27 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Larry Miller - 04/17/21 05:41 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by LIRef77 - 04/17/21 10:32 AM
B2009:U12 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 04/16/21 11:11 PM
Thread Like Summary
anonymous1974, CJ Orlando
Total Likes: 23
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by Larry Miller
Larry Miller
During this time of pause, Stony Brook Soccer Club has been working on many exciting initiatives in anticipation of re-opening our club.

We are excited to announce the following:
Stony Brook SC merges with Atletico FC for all age groups 2009 – 2002

Stony Brook SC phased approach to resuming activities

Stony Brook SC announces 2020 – 2021 Intramural season registration fee of $20
SBSC merges with Atletico FC for all age groups 2009 – 2002

Stony Brook Soccer Club and Atletico FC have successfully negotiated a merger of the Boys and Girls teams for all age groups 2009 – 2002 to be effectuated Fall 2020. This will allow the club to compete at the highest level possible across every age-group and gender. We are extremely excited about this merger and look forward to getting back out onto the fields.

Following the guidelines of US Soccer and New York State, Stony Brook Soccer Club may be able to start training our players as soon as July 13, 2020. In anticipation of re-opening, we have opened our registration system for players to enroll for the upcoming 2020-2021 season.

Please register at www.Stonybrooksoccer.com.

SBSC announces 2020 – 2021 Intramural season registration fee of $20

Stony Brook Soccer Club has decided to reduce its intramural fee to $20 for the 2020 – 2021 season in efforts to give back to the community and provide our children a place to play the game they love.
Liked Replies
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughters 2010 team played sb athletico last fall and it was Stoney brook athletico

Ok. Add you to the clueless list (Check)
1 member likes this
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here comes CJ to the rescue. Wake up. Kurt has no teams worth selling. This isn't 2016 anymore.
If speaking facts is "rescuing" then I am with CJ. She has firsthand knowledge. The rest of the silly commentary is from uneducated people with nothing better to do

CJ has been a blessing to Kurt. He should have had her on board even before DK left. But lets be real, Glenn has tried on many occasions to buy Kurt. He is one of the only ones to not give into the shady SUSA ways. Kudos to him!
1 member likes this
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Originally Posted by CJ Orlando
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here comes CJ to the rescue. Wake up. Kurt has no teams worth selling. This isn't 2016 anymore.

Do you want to know some facts? I will give them to you, and my facts are exactly that, FACTS!

First of all, yes Kurt has had to rebuild because the SUSA group tried their very best to destroy him. Dan talked teams into going with him AND Moussa offers all of the Atletico players free registration and anything else to get them away from KK. KK is doing just fine, thank you. No need to worry about him!

Really nice to do this to the guy (Kurt Kelley) that sponsored both Moussa and Bouba to stay in this country and work with him. Gave Moussa a car so that he could get around and treated him like a brother. Did the same for Bouba and the nasty, narcissistic Dan K. None of them is worth a hair on Kurt's ass as a person OR a trainer. KK is an honorable person and doesn't talk about anyone including bragging about himself. Believe me, I have tried to get him to write a bio and he won't.

They continue to hate him because they will never be worth a quarter of what Kurt is and they know it.

As for organization, it is true, Kurt can be unorganized but guess what folks, I am not and as long as I am there, everyone will get their answers and have been. We have worked very hard to put it all back together after Dan K. destroyed as much as he could before he left.

We really don't care what morons like you think and feel free to come in here and talk smack but the facts are the facts and when Glen has had enough, Moussa will be right back where he started. You can only lie for so long. KK is not a liar and would NEVER sell out to the likes of SUSA!

Wow, this takes "disgusting" to a whole new level. Seeing how Bouba and Moussa (and Glenn) run an organization is disgusting as it is....How they treated/treat Kurt brings it to a whole new level. They should be ashamed of themselves but they're probably not capable of that as greed has taken over. Hopefully SUSA parents can see what they and SUSA are really about, MONEY. As for Dan, parents and kids can't stand him but management doesn't care. They'll take any trainer they can get.

#SUSALOVESYOURMONEY
1 member likes this
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
I find it comical that all of these kids leave Atletico for other “opportunities” but week after week where do these kids still find themselves for training ??? Atletico. Atletico gives the best training. No question
1 member likes this
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I find it comical that all of these kids leave Atletico for other “opportunities” but week after week where do these kids still find themselves for training ??? Atletico. Atletico gives the best training. No question

I see alot of top players getting trained by Kurt from different clubs also.
1 member likes this
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Anyone that expected things to run smoothly this year was delusional. A merger of any kind is tough under the best of circumstances..Throw in worldwide pandemic, leagues not knowing if they will happen, limited field space.amongst others. Everyone should be grateful their kids have this opportunity to play.
1 member likes this
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Originally Posted by CJ Orlando
Mark Nash gives all that he has. I admire him a lot as a professional.

What ever he gets paid is not enough to deal with hundreds of crazed parents every week.
1 member likes this
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Nash a good role model, but SB parents want to control their own kids play? This why SUSA type programs excel eliminate a lot not all the politics and mommy/daddy control issues. Many kids will leave SB for these reasons and program will be left with these parents and families. Need to let Nash do his job!
1 member likes this
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The merge is working just fine from what I can tell. Between KK and the university we have plenty of indoor space, very good trainers from both clubs and a board that is doing the best they can during the Covid crisis.

If anything I think the club and coaches have done an amazing job given the pandemic crisis. It is one of the few outlets our kids have. At least that has been our experience.
1 member likes this
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
The merge is working just fine from what I can tell. Between KK and the university we have plenty of indoor space, very good trainers from both clubs and a board that is doing the best they can during the Covid crisis.
1 member likes this
by Larry Miller
Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
He’s on Sports Recruits.

He’s actually around and working with teams. Why do you want to stir up crap and bust that guys balls for is beyond me. Just stop it
1 member likes this
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Smithtown? Go to Atletico. Best trainers. And they clearly aren’t in it for the $. Probably one of the only ones out there who truly care about the kids.
1 member likes this
by Larry Miller
Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lake Grove trying to merger and SB is listening. At this point nothing settled. The clubs really have no choice against the SUSA machine.


To expand on your point, BOTN has been looking into this and here is what we are seeing:

Mark isn't going anywhere. Lake Grove is bleeding players to SUSA and Tim is losing money so he wants to bring over boys teams from LGN to Stony Brook. LGN is one of many clubs like the Slammers, Terryville, Sachem, Smithtown, Middle Country, East Islip, Mt. Sinai, and others losing players to SUSA. If Tim was smart, which we all know he isn't, he should be looking at SUSA and not Stony Brook, as Stony Brook is also losing players to SUSA.

Interesting Larry that you mention those clubs but do not mention clubs like LISC, SESA, MetOval, BWG, BARCA, EM, and many others. Are you saying the clubs i mentioned just now are superior to SUSA and can withstand anything SUSA tries to do?

pay attention now. All of the clubs I mentioned are Suffolk based and in the vicinity of SUSA. The clubs you mention are either in Queens or Nassau. EMSC is hurting which is why they cut a deal with LIPFC. BWG is hurting as is Met Oval economically through no fault of their own, which is why you see both trying to create a Long Island niche. Barca is a what? No one really knows what that group is up to, but nothing great that I've seen or read.

LISC, & SESA along with the Rough Riders and other Nassau clubs are faring well or very well. Where all these clubs are lucky is the one place where SUSA is sub-par is in their communication, marketing and promotion and I have told that to Moussa numerous times.

Should SUSA get a real marketing/communications pro onboard the current havoc they are creating will go up exponentially.

Hey Larry, agreed. However the take it or leave it attitude Susa has with not much to offer but nice fields and sub par trainers will increase exponentially as well unfortunately.

Try this scenar io...as players leave those Suffolk clubs I mention, i.e., LGN their trainers and coaches will morph to SUSA like Tim Graham is doing and screw their old club. If LGN doesn't see Tim manipulating a safer haven for himself while quietly stabbing LGN in the back with a pen knife then LGN deserves what they will get!!
1 member likes this
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
How is the VP (Jerry Ward) of SB on the board if his kid plays for LGN? Answer: He is in this knee-deep with Tim Graham. Why the hell are the Ward brothers in control of anything? They are shady, sneaky, and care ONLY about themselves. Then on to Linda Ward, who is the biggest bitch on Long Island. Thinks she is the boss of everyone and probably is of the Ward Brothers. Time for all 3 morons to go. Let them go start their own club with TG. How dare they force their b.s. on the SB Club.

So, Tim Graham sees moving to SB, doubling his salary AND he will implode the LGN Club in the process. Nice way to treat the club that supported you all these years.

A real nice bunch of losers dragging down everyone around them!

Way to go, guys, way to go!
1 member likes this
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wait, so SBSC board members, including the president or vice president of the club, have kids who play on other clubs?

How can a board member be allowed to vote on this deal if his kid plays at LGN? Where do his loyalties lie?

My understanding is that the majority of the board is all in on this and while not confirmed there may be others on the board that have their kids playing in both clubs as one of the WARD-O brothers have.

These guys are the 180 degrees away from the Mitch Pally president days.

BRING BACK MITCH! 3rd times the charm.

Under Mitch board members kids played outside the club and they tried several mergers. Doesn’t help your case

Name one merger with another club that was ever considered. Name one board member whose kid played for another club that SB was considering a merger with.
1 member likes this
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Originally Posted by CJ Orlando
Sounds like we are on the same page except for MN. You see everything else clearly but him.
Imagine having his job and trying to keep EVERYONE happy. It's an impossible position to be in. He's a GOOD guy! Sure he makes mistake, who doesn't? Having him replaced by a dirtbag (TG's agenda is TG) is the worst thing the SB board can do.

I haven't seen any board anywhere make the right decisions, though as their agendas are also about themselves. The idea of a volunteer board should be obsolete. It never works out for anyone but the board members.

Hire the board, have them be there to promote their club, take care of the kids and fire them if they don't do their job. The only answer and it won't happen. Too many board members with n power in their lives except being a board member. Let's all pretend to be smart, be caring, be hard-working, and unbiased. Not going to happen as who will clean it up? It's time to look at things from a business perspective that is not self-agenda-based!!!

Hi CJ,

Nail to head. The boards are usually the root of the problem.

I will say this about Nash and leave it there. I saw him before Covid do something with a player during a game that altered my opinion of him at the time in a good way. One of his players was injured on purpose from a brut of a player that should have been thrown out of the game way before this foul. He was so kind and gentle with his player and I remember turning to my wife and saying that is a person you want your kid being looked after by. It was genuine and he didn't lose his temper on the young referee or the other coach. He looked after his player who needed him. Do my children have coaches like that right now? NO they don't. My one child's coach yells at the players when they are on the ground from being hard fouled and doesn't get up fast enough (kids are under 12).

So in fairness to Nash I share this because he IS a hard worker and good for the youth soccer landscape, however he is dealing with a run away train and when he places his name on some of the poor decisions he owns the decisions and the outcome of those decisions. I hope he speaks up against TG.

Hey Larry,

You and I have spoken off line about people that are stinking it up for the good ones. I am not perfect and know my limits. The issue here is these people who are selling the snake oil have no limits. They are hardly held accountable and they continue to exist; some even thrive. One of the main drivers allowing them to exist and thrive is some of the parents who focus on the wrong things so they allow way too much really bad behavior from the soccer people in their kids lives.

I have watched for several years parents allow their kids get humiliated in front of their teammates, coaches do things to other kids or families that you and I would be fired on the spot for in any other industry and that same parent will speak up only if their kids playing time gets cut or kids position gets changed. Just as some bad youth soccer professionals are ruining it for their peers, bad parents are allowing the bad soccer pros to exist.
1 member likes this
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CJ Orlando
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great response, CJ. That sounds real tough.

Really? Someone threatens me and that's what you see in this? w0w. Real nice.

Threatening a person on the internet is a CRIME Maybe BOTN should get that IP address and give it to the Police. Which Im sure they did or are about to. Internet Tough Guy POS

The guy thinks he covered his tracks...he didn’t😊

Unfortunately when some people can't argue with reason and logic they resort to this kind of behavior. Sad commentary on how crazed the parents in youth sports have become.
1 member likes this
by Larry Miller
Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Surf and KK would make a dangerous pair, especially for LISC and EM. Good Youngers with KK gives Surf some new blood. Could be interesting, don't count slammers out, they will be after KK and all his kids as well

Surf is not good on Long Island. No real competition on the boys' side at all. Just like KK.

Perhaps with the growing relationship and affiliation between New York 🏄‍♀️ and San Diego Surf coupled with the abilities of KK Atletico they just might surprise you by what they’ll be able to build. TBD

Sure, KK and SURF has potential if they knew what they were doing. Fact is both have proven they don't know what they are doing in this market, so don't expect any more than what their track records have demonstrated. What are they going to do different?
For all the SUSA bashing, at least their formula is working, for them, like it or not.

Thank you for your uninformed opinion. Obviously you have no idea what is being discussed or who the payers involved are. Your anonymous opinion is just that, an uninformed opinion sans facts or first-hand knowledge.
1 member likes this
by Larry Miller
Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And Bucknell is a Top 30 school in the Country with a stellar reputation. Your kids are obviously at the upper end of the academic spectrum (I recall that one went to Cornell) and for that you should be very proud. Not everybody has the ability to go to these schools. But that doesn't mean that Bucknell or any of the other schools won't give kids a quality education.

Bucknell is #34 and a very good school. Tuition is 75,000 a year. How much money did that child get? I doubt any as soccer is not a profit center for any school, except possibly Stanford or UNC. No, neither of my girls went to Cornell. Northwestern University and Duke for their undergraduate work, NY Law (#2), UNC for PE, and Masters, and Howard for PHD (#1).

I think every child has the ability to go to all the top schools if they have the desire. Playing soccer at any top school would not be allowed by me. There is no payoff in soccer at the college level because it takes too much time away from academics which are hard, and unlike football or basketball there is no golden pot in the pros.

Sorry, but this thought process oss of the importance of playing soccer in college totally escapes me and based on my own experience with my kids I think I'm dead-on-balls-accurate!!

I understand your point but will still stand by the idea that getting into top colleges and grad schools is hard. Soccer helps some kids and we can't ignore that fact. As far as the colleges kids go to, if a kid has the desire to succeed, then he or she will. Northwestern is great and so is Duke. Your child went to NY Law for grad school. Was your child inhibited by the fact that NY Law is not near the top of the law school rankings? Because I am not sure of the difference in that and the concept that the schools that TG's kids went to aren't at the top of the college rankings. Not being critical, just trying to understand the difference since I am sure that your child is successful after going to NY Law.


Lets see. How is my law student, errr, former law student doing? Currently has her own practice, lives in the Lower Hudson Valley, owns her own home situated on 24 acres. I guess NY Law did not do well for her smile

BTW, what top school or law school does your son/daughter attend or expect to attend? Being anonymous you can now brag harvard, or USC, or any school you want. Hey, how about Yale or Oxford? Go for it. There is no way to call you pisser because you're anonymous.

Don't any you folks have the balls to step out from behind your mother's kitchen apron? If you want to take this matter up with you will have be a registered user so I know who I am dealing with. Anon replies or discussions will not be addressed. You know who you are talking to and i deserve, actually demand the same or my word is the last word on this matter.
1 member likes this
by Larry Miller
Larry Miller
I would also add to the post above that BOTN has confirmed that Tim Graham is taking or has taken the lead role for this acquistion, which is what it is going to be. For that reason look for certain Stony Brook staff and especially players and whole teams leaving after the season.

Timmy's strategy is to wait until the the players register and pay for the Fall season to make the announcement. Mark Nash, if he stays, and David Somma, if he stays will become Tim's bitches. KK and his players and teams are clear about Tim Graham and will be moving out. I expect an announcement from KK within a very short period of time.

I would also like to respond to a request made by Tim Graham for a meeting with Kurt Kelley, CJ Orlando and myself. NO [****] WAY would I ever want to meet or talk to you Tim, and I know that goes for CJ Orlando who you screwed over more than once. Kurt is a gentleman and will stay quiet. Buzzoff Timmy, and get a real job and career instead of hustling kids and parents. You're 52 and time to grow-up.
1 member likes this
by Larry Miller
Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
This new position is a demotion and Mark Nash was never told about his new position nor was it discussed with him. Mark has been treated like a piece of [****] from Tim Graham, who to be clear is the top person at Stony brook. It will be interesting to see who goes and who stays, coaches, trainers, and players at the end of the season.

If the purpose of demoting and denigrating Mark was to help him see that he is no longer respected, needed, or wanted at Stony Brook, then the board and Tim Graham have been successful.

If you know Tim Graham then you know he doesn't like to work which is his players are asked to do training. Tim is a talker, but in the end as dumb as a rock or at 52 he wouldn't still be hustling and BSing parents and players.

Someone wrote above that I dont like Tim Graham which is why I am up his ass. Not true. I do not know him personally. I never met or spoke or had any direct communication with him ever. I simply know a smart successful adult from a failure and a flopper, and that is Tim Graham. I simply have no respect for any aspect of him, and adding my disrespect for him are his underage pizza parties.

Just to be clear the SB board also treated Nash poorly on this whole deal. At the least they should have both been coaching directors. Nash will be in demand soon enough.

Mark's phone and others at SB are on speed dial from multiple sources. My prediction is in the end Stony Brook will totally morph into LGN and what you will be left with is LGN now being called Stony Brook.
1 member likes this
by Larry Miller
Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The merger between the two clubs is confusing to me but this could work
all i hear about is how tim graham is a great coach but lacks in other areas
lets see what happens, maybe stony brook is a good fit and compliments his weaknesses
knowing MN he will take the influx of girls and build a very successful girls program
Im interested to see who agrees with me
not saying im right
going out on a limb here especially since ive been critical of nash and other clubs over the years
Say what you want about him, he can coach
on top of mark you have somma, anatol and a few other reputable coaches
can tim graham build a successful boys program and culture. that is the question
cant have all these players without direction. i believe tim graham will help fill that void. im not huge fan but
every deserves the benefit of the doubt. i looked at the pros and cons and understand the cons but to get a
realistic view youy need to look at both sides

Mark has had years to build a girls program, several of the age groups failing because he is not capable of a management position. He should stick with training.

One can not build a program without numerous quality assets. What part of Stony Brook SC not being attractive to players and parents are you missing? If you are not missing it now, you will after this season and registrations begin for the Fall. BTW, what great 'program' has Tim Graham built?

We are talking about the SB program that Mark hasn’t built after years of employment. Losing teams and players by the handful. Larry if your going to put the info out there then put it out there.

Again, Stony Brook SC is a dead-end. Yes, players were leaving and they will continue to leave because you have a boar with a single mind which is their kid. Furthermore, this did not happen with Nash there and Pally as president. If Nash is terrible then why is 3/4 of the Suffolk soccer community and perhaps by my estimate 14% from Nassau has Nash and others on speed dial?

I can tell from your posts you are an insider trying dump the problem on Nash a very well liked coach, if not one of the best on the Island instead of the clubs' leaderships. My take on all this and it is from knowing more than you, that the issue with Graham is that he knows he not at all the coach or trainer that Nash, Kelley, Somma, the others are. What Tim Graham has been very successful at along with both club presidents is sending their coaches to other clubs.....

Now, since you know so much can you share with us the upcoming coach and trainer meetings and who is going to be speaking with who? I do cool

With all that said and your distaste for Mark you will be happy to hear that I'm 99% sure you have accomplished your goal of sending him packing. I wonder if the players who se mark as I and others do will be joining him?
1 member likes this
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
This new position is a demotion and Mark Nash was never told about his new position nor was it discussed with him. Mark has been treated like a piece of [****] from Tim Graham, who to be clear is the top person at Stony brook. It will be interesting to see who goes and who stays, coaches, trainers, and players at the end of the season.

If the purpose of demoting and denigrating Mark was to help him see that he is no longer respected, needed, or wanted at Stony Brook, then the board and Tim Graham have been successful.

If you know Tim Graham then you know he doesn't like to work which is his players are asked to do training. Tim is a talker, but in the end as dumb as a rock or at 52 he wouldn't still be hustling and BSing parents and players.

Someone wrote above that I dont like Tim Graham which is why I am up his ass. Not true. I do not know him personally. I never met or spoke or had any direct communication with him ever. I simply know a smart successful adult from a failure and a flopper, and that is Tim Graham. I simply have no respect for any aspect of him, and adding my disrespect for him are his underage pizza parties.

Just to be clear the SB board also treated Nash poorly on this whole deal. At the least they should have both been coaching directors. Nash will be in demand soon enough.

Question is does Mark want to continue? Yes he has a love of coaching, he is a good and decent man, and as others said, yes he has made mistakes, but who doesn't?! I for one am critical of him and things he refused to listen to me about my kid's team. So he screwed up that team and it's never been the same. But I digress. He may be done totally because his youngest kid graduates HS this year. That kid is an 03. Played with my oldest. Maybe he wants to take a back seat at this point?

But knowing how he works, and TG works...it's not a good match. And yes, I see it as a demotion. He should take his ball and go elsewhere. Start fresh. Wish him nothing but success. He is a decent man.
1 member likes this

Click Here!