Originally Posted by Sundevil94
I saw this a few games last year with Seaside now Valencia and Gold Coast bring their clubs flags to away games. To me when you visit another teams field you are a guest and you should respect their place. I think these flags are going to cause problems, I had one of our parents say they wanted to throw the flag down and stomp on it. I can only imagine the middle aged out of shape fight that may take place over these things. Cringing that it would happen and a video show up on the nightly news

Thoughts?

I have no issue with it at Tournaments which usually is just to mark a meeting area.

Let’s be clear here-Flags don’t cause problems, People DO! The idea that a visiting team should not bring their flags or display their colors just shows how unsporting and rude people can be. Bringing your flags or colors to a visiting team has nothing to do with being “disrespectful” to the home team. This is youth soccer, not two warring nations being incited to violence because the other faction shows it’s “battle flag”.
This is what is wrong with youth soccer today and what referees like myself have to deal with in today’s game.
Let’s stay focused on the fact that this is supposed to be fun for the players no matter what level they play.