New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G 2011 LEVITTOWN WILDCATS
by peter cavanaugh - 02/05/23 09:23 AM
B2010:U13 Fall 2022/Spring 2023
by Anonymous - 02/04/23 02:08 PM
Boys High School (School Ball Fall 2022)
by Anonymous - 02/03/23 08:29 PM
Spend Your Memorial Day At The Gettysburg Blue Gray Cup!
by Larry Miller - 02/03/23 01:13 PM
B2011:U12 Fall 2022/Spring 2023
by Anonymous - 02/03/23 12:27 PM
BOTN Translation
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Auburndale πŸ†š LISC GA 1-1.

As said before, I think some of the EDP teams in this age can hang with local GA and ECNL teams.

I would agree but would qualify the statement to be mostly true of EDP teams competing against LISC GA 2008. EM and SUSA are definitely stronger than LISC in this age group.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lisc ga was beaten 0-4 by cfc ECNL, is that expected?

And SUSA ECNL lost to NEFC 08 GA 3-0 this weekend. What's your point....SUSA parents inset excuse here (
)!!!

Heard it was 3-0 going on 7/8 - 0. JR must be getting practice in before he destroys the β€˜09 team next year.

Please, you've probably never watched them play. NEFC 08' is top 3 not only in the east coast but top 3 in all of GA, you're talking about a powerhouse club/team. Losing 3-0 to them is very respectable. As a GA parent, LISC barely crosses midfield when we've played them and having even a shot on net is a good outcome, so I have good insight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LISC 08 GA, at best, is a competitive EDP team. What a pity! Thousands of dollars are being donated by parents to LISC. I commend Auburndale for their continued success around Long Island even after their top players left to play at SUSA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LISC 08 GA, at best, is a competitive EDP team. What a pity! Thousands of dollars are being donated by parents to LISC. I commend Auburndale for their continued success around Long Island even after their top players left to play at SUSA.

Yes, I have to agree, sadly. And, I'm one of the donors, lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As said before, I think some of the EDP teams in this age can hang with local GA and ECNL teams.

SUSA ECRL team beat Auburndale 3-1. Auberndale ties LISC GA. The ECNL team will beat LISC GA by as many goals as they want to beat them by.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SUSA ECRL team beat Auburndale 3-1. Auberndale ties LISC GA. The ECNL team will beat LISC GA by as many goals as they want to beat them by.

Very good, the first two sentences are FACTS and then you go off on a making a ridiculous statement. Let's see, If I follow your logic I have some comparisons of my own. SUSA ECNL has lost to NEFC which is the top GA team two times (3-0 both times if memory serves correct). LISC GA has lost by similar scores (first two meetings 3-0) and the last game was something like 5-0. So, if both SUSA ECNL and LISC GA both lose to the same team by similar scores, you really think it will be SUSA ECNL beating LISC GA by "as many as they want to beat them by?" I will absolutely concede that SUSA ECNL is the much better and deeper team and would be expected to beat LISC. Maybe by the score of 3-0 or 4-0 but as I'm sure you SUSA parents would say (since you just lost 3-0), the score is sometimes not indicative of the actual game. Be honest, did NEFC completely dominate you (possession, shots on goal, etc) or are you an SUSA RL parent who doesn't know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When was that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When was that?

This past weekend at the NEWSS Showcase.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at the NEWSS Showcase this past weekend. SUSA RL has a good team and moved the ball well. Maybe some of those girls will tryout for EM or LISC if they can't get on SUSA ECNL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at the NEWSS Showcase this past weekend. SUSA RL has a good team and moved the ball well. Maybe some of those girls will tryout for EM or LISC if they can't get on SUSA ECNL?
Why that would be a downgrade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why that would be a downgrade

ECNL and GA Showcases are better platforms than RL if a player is interested in playing in college as more college coaches attend these than RL. There is a negative stigma with RL, "B" team player. You need to stop comparing teams on LI and look at where the teams get the most exposure, that's why many EM parents don't leave even though the team/club struggles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably LISC. EM ECNL haven't won a game in years. That team belongs in LIJSL. Decent players, but favorites in play with the rest being supporting cast. If EM loses ECNL those girls will all go to LISC with Gary. He was turned down a job there recently. Another position opened back up a short time ago....sooooo...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah the LI talent is reall watered down. It is just evident by how SUSA lost to NEFC GA 3-0

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To add to the point above, EC-RL is not a good platform to be scouted as a player. Simply look at the list of coaches attending the upcoming ECRL Showcase in S. Carolina, https://public.totalglobalsports.com/public/event/2722/college-list. It's not about the best college soccer program but the best colleges. You won't know 99% of the schools attending RL showcases. Do some simple homework and take a look at the the ECNL and GA showcases (on their websites), tons more schools and ones that you've actually heard of and might want your kid to get a degree from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah the LI talent is reall watered down. It is just evident by how SUSA lost to NEFC GA 3-0

Could be watered down or maybe the talent is spread out across more teams/towns now (which "waters down" the top teams. Maybe everyone isn't chasing ECNL. Could be why those EDP teams are somewhat competitive in this age bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, with 3 teams (LISC- EM - SUSA) within 30 mins of each other, the results seem to suggest that the pool of talent will not support 3 quality teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There plenty of good players and teams on long island 09susa girls are really good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There plenty of good players and teams on long island 09susa girls are really good

Yeah, 09 SUSA really good compared to what here on LI, that's the point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This current thread is a retread from years past with parents knocking down clubs and teams behind a keyboard like cowards.

Yes we know the talent is saturated on LI. Communities would love to have these clubs in their backyard.

Most of the teams that are assembled outside LI have to sacrifice a lot with their commutes. 90 min drives to and from trainings 3x a week.

Doing homework and eating in cars. This thread is like Groundhog Day-

Same posts different years.What a clown show.

Do these cowardly parents that put down clubs and teams have anything original to say? Anything positive to contribute? What a disappointment to the soccer community.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This current thread is a retread from years past with parents knocking down clubs and teams behind a keyboard like cowards.

Yes we know the talent is saturated on LI. Communities would love to have these clubs in their backyard.

Most of the teams that are assembled outside LI have to sacrifice a lot with their commutes. 90 min drives to and from trainings 3x a week.

Do these cowardly parents that put down clubs and teams have anything original to say? Anything positive to contribute? What a disappointment to the soccer community.

What exactly did you just contribute?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What exactly did you just contribute?

STUGATS!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This person is calling out all the dead beats on this forum. That’s what they contributed. Stating the obvious here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, So where should we all go to form this super team? A team that will matter for a two- three years while these girls figure out what their college experience looks like.

I guess my question is, other than to satisfy some obsessed parent, what difference does it make for individual players how good or mediocre their ECNL or GA team is compared to the rest of the region/country.

If the individual player is good, and they chose to continue to play, they will find a school to play for. At that point no one will ask how good their club team was compared to "insert better team here".

Yep, with 3 teams (LISC- EM - SUSA) within 30 mins of each other, the results seem to suggest that the pool of talent will not support 3 quality teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Messi and modric would be considered talentless in the US system.-quote from a World Cup announcer.
Long Island has one international academy and the three mentioned are not one of them.
True players are created.

Love the game-get proper training-have fun.

These kids are pressured to go to the top leagues, but the truth is these leagues are struggling to develop players.
They get the cream of the crop...destroy 90% of them to never want to play again...then claim success when 1 or 2 kids find success.
Colleges are moving to other methods...ECNL is not the only game anymore. Look at the rosters and don’t be fooled by basic stats.
When you go to any colleges ID: 85 percent are branded ECNL. THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO PLAY!!!!!They have great skills and dribble and shoot...but they don’t have the instincts and creativity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Messi and Mordric does not fit the mold of LI soccer players. Big, tall, fast with blond hair and blue eyes at age 10 and 11-then forget about it, the great coaching wasp nest will drive them out of soccer making them feel as if they do not belong in the sport. Gary Sullivan puts his kids to race in a 100m dash before selection. If at age 10 you are not the fastest then he would never have a look. His claim to fame ended up being a cameo, and short lived career at the MLS level. Nowhere close to playing internationally where talent is trumped above the physical attributes required for soccer. His azzz-backwards approach has spoiled the landscape of LI with his reputation of being one of the top trainers. Just goes to show you how 1 person's wrong ideas can determine the course for an entire region. It isn't only Gary at fault here, because there are many more trainers and clubs. Sad part is all LI coaches sat in the same soccer training session the puts physical before talent, instincts and creativity. Totally reflective of the style we are all accustomed seeing in LI-boot the ball up the field and find your target player.
Across the country in states like TX and FL, where soccer is influenced by foreigners you will find the talent, Messi's and Mordric's. At ECNL, those states always produce top teams because the physical requirement is more of a constraint and is not weighted heavily in any way.

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard
Nobody Does It Better
BOTN PROMOTE
Promote Your Events
Spring & Summer '23