Forum Search
Scores & Standings
Fall 2022/Spring 2023
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '23 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2023
Challenge Cup
NY State Open Cup
ENY Qualifying League
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G 2011 LEVITTOWN WILDCATS
by peter cavanaugh - 02/05/23 09:23 AM
B2010:U13 Fall 2022/Spring 2023
by Anonymous - 02/04/23 02:08 PM
Boys High School (School Ball Fall 2022)
by Anonymous - 02/03/23 08:29 PM
Spend Your Memorial Day At The Gettysburg Blue Gray Cup!
by Larry Miller - 02/03/23 01:13 PM
B2011:U12 Fall 2022/Spring 2023
by Anonymous - 02/03/23 12:27 PM
BOTN Translation
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You make it seem as other clubs are free. Whether your child plays in Barca, EMSC, SUSA, Valencia, EC, they ALL pay top money and all these clubs offer personal training. If over an 5yr period, the cost is 75k at EMSC, i'd rather do it to play ECNL in lieu of EDP.

That then makes the ECNL a league for the rich folks kids. Segregation at its best in play right there taking away from the sport. EMSC is known to habitually reduce the number of minority players on their teams under the cliched-"sorry your kids isn't as good as the others screened. Maybe you should try again next year." Scholarships and free rides are only offered to the DOC's and board favorites(yep that's right their kids). I refuse to be part of a club and a league that practices this type of purging of players. Maybe that is what the Elite in ECNL means, everyone else not worth can go to the back of the bus. Soccer should never be cost prohibitive and kids with minority backgrounds from poor families should be given a fair look and chance to play at the top league with any member club operating under it's umbrella..

What does the league have to do with it, whether we're talking about ECNL or GA, it's the clubs. The $75k might be a high estimation for a 5 year period for some families on mediocre/lower level teams, but I can tell you that if your kid is playing on a moderately successful team that attends showcases (ECNL or GA) and makes the playoffs, your total training and travelling costs will easily reach and most likely exceed $10k/year so it's not crazy to assume that it could get to $15-20k/yr. Lots of clubs have Financial Aid programs for lower income families, and there is a link on EM's website for financial aid. Even if you are a low income family and a club waives all training fees, your going to have to pay the travel expenses.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You make it seem as other clubs are free. Whether your child plays in Barca, EMSC, SUSA, Valencia, EC, they ALL pay top money and all these clubs offer personal training. If over an 5yr period, the cost is 75k at EMSC, i'd rather do it to play ECNL in lieu of EDP.

That then makes the ECNL a league for the rich folks kids. Segregation at its best in play right there taking away from the sport. EMSC is known to habitually reduce the number of minority players on their teams under the cliched-"sorry your kids isn't as good as the others screened. Maybe you should try again next year." Scholarships and free rides are only offered to the DOC's and board favorites(yep that's right their kids). I refuse to be part of a club and a league that practices this type of purging of players. Maybe that is what the Elite in ECNL means, everyone else not worth can go to the back of the bus. Soccer should never be cost prohibitive and kids with minority backgrounds from poor families should be given a fair look and chance to play at the top league with any member club operating under it's umbrella..
So you are in agreement that ECNL is the top league? Going down the path we've seen way too often about prohibitive practices. Stop it!! Clubs offer a service at a fee. Either you can afford to participate or you cannot. It's with everything else. You want to go to Chaminade, have good grades, but can't afford it? Guess what, either they offer your child some financial aid or you cannot go. Organizations can't dole out free money to EVERBODY!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s get facts straight the scrimmage was after the season was over between 12 yr old girls Susa 2010 A team and 2010 Em ECNL and RL teams they mixed the girls up, East Coast has a good boys group they do not have the girls side

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You make it seem as other clubs are free. Whether your child plays in Barca, EMSC, SUSA, Valencia, EC, they ALL pay top money and all these clubs offer personal training. If over an 5yr period, the cost is 75k at EMSC, i'd rather do it to play ECNL in lieu of EDP.

That then makes the ECNL a league for the rich folks kids. Segregation at its best in play right there taking away from the sport. EMSC is known to habitually reduce the number of minority players on their teams under the cliched-"sorry your kids isn't as good as the others screened. Maybe you should try again next year." Scholarships and free rides are only offered to the DOC's and board favorites(yep that's right their kids). I refuse to be part of a club and a league that practices this type of purging of players. Maybe that is what the Elite in ECNL means, everyone else not worth can go to the back of the bus. Soccer should never be cost prohibitive and kids with minority backgrounds from poor families should be given a fair look and chance to play at the top league with any member club operating under it's umbrella..
So you are in agreement that ECNL is the top league? Going down the path we've seen way too often about prohibitive practices. Stop it!! Clubs offer a service at a fee. Either you can afford to participate or you cannot. It's with everything else. You want to go to Chaminade, have good grades, but can't afford it? Guess what, either they offer your child some financial aid or you cannot go. Organizations can't dole out free money to EVERBODY!!!
ECNL is most definitely the best league for kids to play competitively. Not many families can afford that 10-15K a year to get their kid seen by the best coaches and colleges, or perhaps national scouts. In this case you are in agreement it has become a cost prohibitive sport where talented kids that comes from poor families or towns will never get a chance to play with the best. Textbook pay to play and Elitest with segregation being doled out to the poorer kids trying to play in the ECNL.
Financial Aid is just a smoke and mirror trick available for the absolutely gifted athlete that threatens to leave EM for SUSA. Here comes the scholarship and free tuition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let’s get facts straight the scrimmage was after the season was over between 12 yr old girls Susa 2010 A team and 2010 Em ECNL and RL teams they mixed the girls up, East Coast has a good boys group they do not have the girls side
WRONG! EC has a TOP Boys 2010 A team.

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
I think it is time for all you parents to understand that youth sports is a mega-million-dollar business. If you can afford it and your kid is truly uber talented we welcome you to the club....deal with being had by all these charlatans.

Players on Long Island who some consider stars don't have stardom past Long Island's borders, and 3 of our 4 borders are water!!

I would also like all of you to ponder what coach or trainer currently or in the past 20 years is recognized on the national or regional landscape as a heavy hitter? To my knowledge only one, Paul Riley. Need I really need to go any further about Slick and his dick?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let’s get facts straight the scrimmage was after the season was over between 12 yr old girls Susa 2010 A team and 2010 Em ECNL and RL teams they mixed the girls up, East Coast has a good boys group they do not have the girls side

It seems that your facts are wrong as SUSA 2010 was not there and you're not exactly providing accurate details as to who scrimmaged who. I've confirmed with a Surf 2010 parent and they haven't scrimmaged SUSA. For the 2010s, the scrimmages were not mixed teams, that only occurred for the younger age groups. This was really strange because EM hasn't ever organized a scrimmages vs. local clubs, and that is where the rumors started. That's it, just clarifying what actually happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EMSC set up the scrimmages with Surf/East Coast girls. I believe this happened after the Surf girls beat EMSC teams in tournaments at the 2010 age. EMSC has already bled out everything on the boys side. The Elvin LI Premier move was a bust. They are the laughing stock of boys ENCL. The failure is bleeding now into the girls. They cant let them go like the boys so maybe setting up scrimmages can get some interest stirred up in the younger ages. EMSC is just a failure. A time bomb waiting to explode and disappear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
EMSC set up the scrimmages with Surf/East Coast girls. I believe this happened after the Surf girls beat EMSC teams in tournaments at the 2010 age. EMSC has already bled out everything on the boys side. The Elvin LI Premier move was a bust. They are the laughing stock of boys ENCL. The failure is bleeding now into the girls. They cant let them go like the boys so maybe setting up scrimmages can get some interest stirred up in the younger ages. EMSC is just a failure. A time bomb waiting to explode and disappear.
Very simple, some EC boys will go to EMSC for ECNL. They can't go any further with EDP.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This age group is starting to sound like to girls 2008 age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
EMSC set up the scrimmages with Surf/East Coast girls. I believe this happened after the Surf girls beat EMSC teams in tournaments at the 2010 age. EMSC has already bled out everything on the boys side. The Elvin LI Premier move was a bust. They are the laughing stock of boys ENCL. The failure is bleeding now into the girls. They cant let them go like the boys so maybe setting up scrimmages can get some interest stirred up in the younger ages. EMSC is just a failure. A time bomb waiting to explode and disappear.
Very simple, some EC boys will go to EMSC for ECNL. They can't go any further with EDP.

In theory yes. Players will move to clubs where they are exposed to better competition. Sorely, this is 100% not the case at EMSC. They are not a magnet to attract the best players-ECNL badge or not.

They have in place a method of pruning out the kids that doesn't look like they fit into the EMSC mold. Exception for that kid that is special. But as we have seen on every EM team being fielded at the ECNL level, a single player with talent will not make the difference in a team sport when playing against top competition in a league such as ECNL.

LI Premier hardly put East Meadow boys program on the map, while it did allow them to have numbers to fill teams in each age group so they meet the ECNL requirements as a club. Same can be said with the Farmingdale arrangement,

Jaime was able to get them the numbers but talent dropped off as the kids make it up to him and his coaches on the girls side of East Meadow. Exploding and disappearing is a nice thought, but never happening once Ruairi is locked in at the ECNL.

EM will keep fielding teams of subpar players-ENCL isn't going to intervene.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
EMSC set up the scrimmages with Surf/East Coast girls. I believe this happened after the Surf girls beat EMSC teams in tournaments at the 2010 age. EMSC has already bled out everything on the boys side. The Elvin LI Premier move was a bust. They are the laughing stock of boys ENCL. The failure is bleeding now into the girls. They cant let them go like the boys so maybe setting up scrimmages can get some interest stirred up in the younger ages. EMSC is just a failure. A time bomb waiting to explode and disappear.
Very simple, some EC boys will go to EMSC for ECNL. They can't go any further with EDP.

In theory yes. Players will move to clubs where they are exposed to better competition. Sorely, this is 100% not the case at EMSC. They are not a magnet to attract the best players-ECNL badge or not.

They have in place a method of pruning out the kids that doesn't look like they fit into the EMSC mold. Exception for that kid that is special. But as we have seen on every EM team being fielded at the ECNL level, a single player with talent will not make the difference in a team sport when playing against top competition in a league such as ECNL.

LI Premier hardly put East Meadow boys program on the map, while it did allow them to have numbers to fill teams in each age group so they meet the ECNL requirements as a club. Same can be said with the Farmingdale arrangement,

Jaime was able to get them the numbers but talent dropped off as the kids make it up to him and his coaches on the girls side of East Meadow. Exploding and disappearing is a nice thought, but never happening once Ruairi is locked in at the ECNL.

EM will keep fielding teams of subpar players-ENCL isn't going to intervene.
EMSC and SUSA need to present it better and target the better players on the Island. These clubs don't need whole teams to come over, just a few select players to strengthen the teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Y'all on here bashing EMSC and SUSA all day. What ya failing to realize is politics is the number 1 reason why these folks can never get the better players. At EM, if you not in the click then am sorry but youse never gonna get picked. SUSA will take any one with a soul who can sign a checkbook to clear the bank. None of them are interested in getting the best of the best soccer skills to represent theyre clubs at ECNL from Long Island. Politics at East Meadow and greed at SUSA...simple...and is that.

Like Reply Quote
1 member likes this: CJ Orlando
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Y'all on here bashing EMSC and SUSA all day. What ya failing to realize is politics is the number 1 reason why these folks can never get the better players. At EM, if you not in the click then am sorry but youse never gonna get picked. SUSA will take any one with a soul who can sign a checkbook to clear the bank. None of them are interested in getting the best of the best soccer skills to represent theyre clubs at ECNL from Long Island. Politics at East Meadow and greed at SUSA...simple...and is that.


LMAO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
I think it is time for all you parents to understand that youth sports is a mega-million-dollar business. If you can afford it and your kid is truly uber talented we welcome you to the club....deal with being had by all these charlatans.

Players on Long Island who some consider stars don't have stardom past Long Island's borders, and 3 of our 4 borders are water!!

I would also like all of you to ponder what coach or trainer currently or in the past 20 years is recognized on the national or regional landscape as a heavy hitter? To my knowledge only one, Paul Riley. Need I really need to go any further about Slick and his dick?

This is my nephew and delusional brother in law. They think he's a star, and gonna get a scholarship. But don't realize he may be a star on Long Island but he's competing vs the world for that scholly. People need to expand their view. Just 'cause you're hot [****] here, doesn't mean you're anything anywhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be a joy at holidays

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let’s get facts straight the scrimmage was after the season was over between 12 yr old girls Susa 2010 A team and 2010 Em ECNL and RL teams they mixed the girls up, East Coast has a good boys group they do not have the girls side
WRONG! EC has a TOP Boys 2010 A team.

East Coast has the top 2010 and 2011 boys teams in LI and the younger teams are very good. Its a new club which everyone forgets and seem to be on track on the boys side at least.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah this is a girls thread

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah this is a girls thread

Arent girls and boys the same thing now?

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah this is a girls thread

Arent girls and boys the same thing now?

In your case, yes!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know why is it there weren't any SUSA teams at the East Meadow tournament this weekend? Are the clubs boycotting each other now? I heard this age East Meadow ECNL and ECRL girls teams did not do well. GA and EDP teams are beating them now. With the other Long Islang ECNL team being a no-show at the tournament it doesn't seem to have competition to attract other strong teams. Doesn't look good at this club for this here age group,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RM should do EM a favor and take the Girls Director of Coaching opening at Manhattan Soccer. Nice 130K salary for access to some of the wealthiest families in NY. There is no improvement under him at EMSC, they've officially the worst program in LI. Any family serious about their kids soccer has many other option0,s making EM nothing special to talk about. Time to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
I think it is time for all you parents to understand that youth sports is a mega-million-dollar business. If you can afford it and your kid is truly uber talented we welcome you to the club....deal with being had by all these charlatans.

Players on Long Island who some consider stars don't have stardom past Long Island's borders, and 3 of our 4 borders are water!!

I would also like all of you to ponder what coach or trainer currently or in the past 20 years is recognized on the national or regional landscape as a heavy hitter? To my knowledge only one, Paul Riley. Need I really need to go any further about Slick and his dick?
Even better than national or regional let's try Chris Armas - If you can coach at man united, then that is "heavy". Not advertisers on this site, so you may not know either name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that NYSC's GA team beat the East Meadow ECNL team in their own backyard? NYSC team isn't even a top of the region team for this age group, they are mid-tIer at most in the GA. Can someone confirm this? Tables must be turning around with respect to ECNL and GA if this is true. Eather that or the EMSC ECNL team must truly be horrible. I haven't of heard them coming up against SUSA or any of the other ENCL New England teams(as of yet).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it true that NYSC's GA team beat the East Meadow ECNL team in their own backyard? NYSC team isn't even a top of the region team for this age group, they are mid-tIer at most in the GA. Can someone confirm this? Tables must be turning around with respect to ECNL and GA if this is true. Eather that or the EMSC ECNL team must truly be horrible. I haven't of heard them coming up against SUSA or any of the other ENCL New England teams(as of yet).

IDK Where was this game was it a scrimmage because there are no ECNL games scheduled here on LI

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard
Nobody Does It Better
BOTN PROMOTE
Promote Your Events
Spring & Summer '23
Camps & Clinics
NYSC Summer Select
NYSC 1/2 Day Summer
Friends of BOTN

Newest Members
keithrambo, dwacomp, PresDixHillsSC, FutsalKing, Tonna5
15,162 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 31 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics9,254
Posts538,393
Members15,162
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Random Photos
Good Jams & Hot Licks 22

Click Here!