New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2009:U14 Fall 2022/Spring 2023
by Larry Miller - 11/30/22 08:37 PM
G2008:U15 Fall 2022/Spring 2023
by Anonymous - 11/30/22 03:50 PM
Boys High School (School Ball Fall 2022)
by Anonymous - 11/30/22 09:39 AM
BOTN Translation
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Have you read this post?

Here is one of 95 references in the report as it regards youth soccer.....

Verbal and emotional abuse and sexual misconduct were widespread problems in women’s
soccer prior to the NWSL, in both prior women’s professional leagues and even elite youth soccer.
Fraternization—between players, players and coaches, and players and staff

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't know when people will learn! Not ONE of these companies that are for profit cares about your kid. They are all about the all might dollar! The LI market is so flooded with travel teams and these companies that the pool is so diluted of truly good and gifted players. I have/ had fallen for this whole mentality of which club is better and that they will help your kid for years and I am so glad to be on my last year of the BS. If my kid did not want to age out with the team that they have played of for many years I would be so glad to be done. EVERYONE of these companies has at least one snake, one used car sales man and probably one good trainer to build off of. The rest of it is CRAP. As long as people are as dumb as I was for as long as I was then SUSA, SLAMMERS, SURF, LISC, ETC will all continue to profit!

I can only speak of SUSA, yet it seems to be similar from what I've heard from friends at other Companies. We've been with Susa for 2 years now, our son is on a top team. Once we got ourselves acclimated to the system we started hear AND seeing all sorts of lies and broken promises. Just about every month there is something that shows just how much BS is tossed around to keep as many players on the roster as possible.

And you've hit the nail on the head. The talent in players and coaches is extremely watered down. Not every child is a great soccer player and that's fine! Kids are brought to these programs by parents who think they are great when they are just average. Then the program brings more coaches to train these.kids because, as always, money is what it's all about. Well these extra coaches are..... Average Too.

Then you get the kicker. The top level teams all have a few kids who have been with the club for 4+ years. They are average players but the club would never move them down, the parent would take the kid out so the club would lose money. Thus the top level teams are rarely made up of all the club's best players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know when people will learn! Not ONE of these companies that are for profit cares about your kid. They are all about the all might dollar! The LI market is so flooded with travel teams and these companies that the pool is so diluted of truly good and gifted players. I have/ had fallen for this whole mentality of which club is better and that they will help your kid for years and I am so glad to be on my last year of the BS. If my kid did not want to age out with the team that they have played of for many years I would be so glad to be done. EVERYONE of these companies has at least one snake, one used car sales man and probably one good trainer to build off of. The rest of it is CRAP. As long as people are as dumb as I was for as long as I was then SUSA, SLAMMERS, SURF, LISC, ETC will all continue to profit!

I can only speak of SUSA, yet it seems to be similar from what I've heard from friends at other Companies. We've been with Susa for 2 years now, our son is on a top team. Once we got ourselves acclimated to the system we started hear AND seeing all sorts of lies and broken promises. Just about every month there is something that shows just how much BS is tossed around to keep as many players on the roster as possible.

And you've hit the nail on the head. The talent in players and coaches is extremely watered down. Not every child is a great soccer player and that's fine! Kids are brought to these programs by parents who think they are great when they are just average. Then the program brings more coaches to train these.kids because, as always, money is what it's all about. Well these extra coaches are..... Average Too.

Then you get the kicker. The top level teams all have a few kids who have been with the club for 4+ years. They are average players but the club would never move them down, the parent would take the kid out so the club would lose money. Thus the top level teams are rarely made up of all the club's best players.
This "business" model is in place for most organizations, you only mention SUSA and omit Barca, East Coast, Valencia, Cedar Stars, Albertson and any other club with more than 2+ teams in an age group.

Like Reply Quote
T
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
T

I find it interesting you called them a company. I need a SUSA parent, or other club parent, explain to me why they would do business with a company like this? Other then cablevision I don't know of another company who can treat their customers this poorly and still have parents lining up to to hand over their money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TomSac

I find it interesting you called them a company. I need a SUSA parent, or other club parent, explain to me why they would do business with a company like this? Other then cablevision I don't know of another company who can treat their customers this poorly and still have parents lining up to to hand over their money.
Glad you caught the use of Company, there was a reason

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUSA has still yet to pay referees for the Columbus day tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Facts and this is the way they do business! JR is now requesting all additional dues not included in the tuition
to be paid which Is about $700 per player x 20 or so players for each team. Do the math, they have the money! It use to be the additional dues were paid in 3 installments throughout the year. Fast forward to this year and that has changed for some reason. So these teams who have have yet to play a game or get back on track with practices have to pay the additional fees. Where is all the money going??

Also keep in mind families have paid the monthly tuition bill each month since July.

Frustrating!

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Facts and this is the way they do business! JR is now requesting all additional dues not included in the tuition
to be paid which Is about $700 per player x 20 or so players for each team. Do the math, they have the money! It use to be the additional dues were paid in 3 installments throughout the year. Fast forward to this year and that has changed for some reason. So these teams who have have yet to play a game or get back on track with practices have to pay the additional fees. Where is all the money going??

Also keep in mind families have paid the monthly tuition bill each month since July.

Frustrating!

Not at all frustrating. Simply stupid, clueless parents. What a scam, and these adult are all falling for it. No wonder Glenn Schneider calls you parents ATM Machines!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Frustrating!

Not at all frustrating. Simply stupid, clueless parents. What a scam, and these adult are all falling for it. No wonder Glenn Schneider calls you parents ATM Machines!!

Thanks Larry you just made us all feel so much better, lol.

I was just having this conversation with a susa parent at a school ball game last week.

They aren't doing the parents any favors by being so rigid and always not providing any transparency with these additional dues which more than make up the fees they say they have to pay for each team. Actually the person who said the total for each player is $700 is off its more like $800 for each player and some teams have 22 plus kids. Also some of the fees are being charged twice.

Say a coach has 2 teams and is at a tournament their overall cost to be there is not being divided between the two teams so the cost is shared and reduced. So all that extra money collected goes where?

I know our team admin does always says we broke even. I guess they say this because their families get free hotel stays and other things for being the team admin who collect this money. Amazing accounting right there to break even year after year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Frustrating!

Thanks Larry you just made us all feel so much better, lol.

I was just having this conversation with a susa parent at a school ball game last week.

They aren't doing the parents any favors by being so rigid and always not providing any transparency with these additional dues which more than make up the fees they say they have to pay for each team. Actually the person who said the total for each player is $700 is off its more like $800 for each player and some teams have 22 plus kids. Also some of the fees are being charged twice.

Say a coach has 2 teams and is at a tournament their overall cost to be there is not being divided between the two teams so the cost is shared and reduced. So all that extra money collected goes where?

I know our team admin does always says we broke even. I guess they say this because their families get free hotel stays and other things for being the team admin who collect this money. Amazing accounting right there to break even year after year.

But like Larry said, parents keep looking the other way and paying the money. To them it’s about status of their kid. Susa know they could double their fees tomorrow and people are too scared to speak up or leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has been happening for years, no big news here. I want to know when JR will be fired from SUSA for the abuse he has been inflicting on players for years. Larry when is the end coming for this jerk?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
This has been happening for years, no big news here. I want to know when JR will be fired from SUSA for the abuse he has been inflicting on players for years. Larry when is the end coming for this jerk?

Do you think these "fees" and the double dipping allegation above (which I take as true) could be that SUSA's expenses at the outdoor facility are more than expected, or SUSA wants to raise as much income as possible because they want to sell?

It could also be that additional ATM Machines are desperately needed. Maybe SUSA should hold tryouts for ATM Machines?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you think these "fees" and the double dipping allegation above (which I take as true) could be that SUSA's expenses at the outdoor facility are more than expected, or SUSA wants to raise as much income as possible because they want to sell?

It could also be that additional ATM Machines are desperately needed. Maybe SUSA should hold tryouts for ATM Machines?

Larry, i guess you did not know but SUSA is in talks with NYCFC to sell out. NYCFC will purchase the facilities, the ECNL status and i also bet they will get rid of 85% of the SUSA coaches. Guess who is on their 1st hit list of cuts? yes you guessed it JR

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Larry, i guess you did not know but SUSA is in talks with NYCFC to sell out. NYCFC will purchase the facilities, the ECNL status and i also bet they will get rid of 85% of the SUSA coaches. Guess who is on their 1st hit list of cuts? yes you guessed it JR

what you are saying could very well be true about NYCFC buying SUSA, but I'd have to imagine they'd leave ECNL then and take the boys MLS Next if they bought them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Frustrating!
[quote=Anonymous]SUSA has still yet to pay referees for the Columbus day tournament.

Someone has to pay for the 20 plus covered parking spots they are putting up at their facility. SUSA certainly went out to maximize their Columbus Day tournament profit by having games on fields littered with broken glass and beer bottle caps. I’m sure they got a really good discount on venue hire. The parents from a Maryland club weren’t too happy about the state of the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would they get rid of JR? Even with his history he has been untouchable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what you are saying could very well be true about NYCFC buying SUSA, but I'd have to imagine they'd leave ECNL then and take the boys MLS Next if they bought them.

wrong skippy, turns out ECNL will accept NYCFC into the girl's ECNL program which will be through SUSA and on the boys side it will be SUSA ECNL. What you need to understand is that NYCFC adds value to ECNL and they will not dare take away any status from NYCFC. As for JR, all that has to happen is a few conversations with NYCFC and observation of how he interacts with others and JR is finished. What gets me wondering is why SUSA and NYCFC are keeping this a huge secret that the club is practically already sold. Fortunately for us some of the higher-up SUSA coaches have big mouths like Nick Flaim, and low-life James Kelsh who told parents the info and now its spreading like wild fire. Larry any input?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son or daughter is "A special Talent" they are playing for free somewhere.... fact.

be real with yourself and your kid. If you're paying, go where your kid is happy, comfortable, enjoys playing with their teammates, gets playing time and game touches no matter what the level or age.

from a parent of a D1 starter (and yes I'm paying the club)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry why so quiet on the NYCFC buying out SUSA?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Larry why so quiet on the NYCFC buying out SUSA?

I have no documentation nor has anyone who may have the facts come forward. SUSA isnt going to discuss it. If you have proof this is happening, which is very possible, share it

Assuming it is true the details posted above are a bit confusing as NYCFC has bubkis on the girls side...if true it appears that the costs associated with SUSA rising makes sense to get a better selling price...in the end, more parents and kids snookered by the big business footprint of corporate soccer, and questionable SUSA transparency to their customers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TomSac

They do so because LI parents are sheep and buy into the BS that gets sold to them by "professional" training organizations. LI soccer was better off 20 years ago before all of these corporations started to seep in. keep your kid in their hometown club and let them play with their friends. I can guarantee the same number of college scholarships will be given out on LI....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was never any talk of this until Monday and now because of 1 anonymous post everybody is an insider now?

No MLS team has ECNL for a reason. It would be a smack in the face to MLS. If SUSA was bought by NYCFC it would only be for facility use, not the club. And definitely, definitely not those pathetic corrupted coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think there are some MLS teams in ECNL in Texas no? Maybe FC Dallas? LAFC as well?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was never any talk of this until Monday and now because of 1 anonymous post everybody is an insider now?

No MLS team has ECNL for a reason. It would be a smack in the face to MLS. If SUSA was bought by NYCFC it would only be for facility use, not the club. And definitely, definitely not those pathetic corrupted coaches.

False, this above poster clearly knows zero about soccer in the country and what MLS clubs have. Yes, texas and many other states like Virginia, Florida, Colorado, and California all have MLS next for their A teams and ECNL for their B teams. ECNL does not contest this because they would not remove an MLS club from their portfolio of teams. That would be just stupid on their part. As for the girl's programs MLS clubs use the ECNL for their A teams simply because there is no Girl's MLS Next league yet......and mark my words it is coming within the next 5 years. NYCFC is buying or already has bought SUSA and will use the facilities for their MLS Next boys teams as well as transform the SUSA Girls program into NYCFC Girls ECNL Program. I'm telling you what I heard coaches talk about at SUSA. Spoiler alert James Kelsh and many others like Hacket told parents including me what is coming to SUSA for next year so believe me or not but you will see. The only reason the parents are spilling the beans so early is that SUSA can not do anything to us at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False, this above poster clearly knows zero about soccer in the country and what MLS clubs have. Yes, texas and many other states like Virginia, Florida, Colorado, and California all have MLS next for their A teams and ECNL for their B teams. ECNL does not contest this because they would not remove an MLS club from their portfolio of teams. That would be just stupid on their part. As for the girl's programs MLS clubs use the ECNL for their A teams simply because there is no Girl's MLS Next league yet......and mark my words it is coming within the next 5 years. NYCFC is buying or already has bought SUSA and will use the facilities for their MLS Next boys teams as well as transform the SUSA Girls program into NYCFC Girls ECNL Program. I'm telling you what I heard coaches talk about at SUSA. Spoiler alert James Kelsh and many others like Hacket told parents including me what is coming to SUSA for next year so believe me or not but you will see. The only reason the parents are spilling the beans so early is that SUSA can not do anything to us at this point.

Thats incorrect. No actual MLS club has ECNL. Some clubs have MLS Next and ECNL , thats different. No MLS Club , like Red Bulls, or LAFC participate in ECNL.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard
Nobody Does It Better
BOTN PROMOTE
Promote Your Events
Winter Indoor