New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2009:U14 Fall 2022/Spring 2023
by Larry Miller - 11/30/22 08:37 PM
G2008:U15 Fall 2022/Spring 2023
by Anonymous - 11/30/22 03:50 PM
Boys High School (School Ball Fall 2022)
by Anonymous - 11/30/22 09:39 AM
BOTN Translation
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
What are the problems with LIJSL? What do they do poorly?

Think of russia

Seabury and Dambrosio on both LIJSL and ENYYSA boards...what could possibly go wrong?

Actually, as of this writing it seems a lot is going to go right. Give it another few days, certainly before the weeks end. I can only tell you this and that is if you think this matter is settled as per the the first/initial post of this thread then I have 2 bridges to sell you. It ain't over til it's over, and this is not over, not by a long shot.

So before you start out on your victory march, I would suggest you wait a few days and dont spend money on any marching banners yet cool

You’re on the wrong side of history on this one larry; anything that’s going to go right for lijsl, as you say, pertaining to this debacle is not right for the parents and kids involved

History? WTF do you mean history? This is nothing to do with history this has to do with how the rules are going to be changed and or enforced I need to send a question of whether I’m on the right side of the wrong side I don’t take sides. Just reporting the news and since I know more than you know you should be listening to me.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L
I don’t really care what league I referee games for but in the last 25 years I have never seen such a large group of people be so easily fooled by almost any entity purporting to be the best, academy, premier etc. as this misused nomenclature has been the most overused and abused descriptions of what is actually going on in youth soccer. This has created an incredibly huge market of hucksters, wannabes and frauds.

For example, making what was previously a select league like EDP available to thousands of more players will only dilute the talent, not that there is anything wrong with that because all this talk of “my league is better than your league” only makes it easier for the fraud to continue. Keep buying in to the elitist proposition that it only matters when you play in the highest level league as you continue to chase the holy grail that the youth soccer industrial complex promises you to the tune of thousands of dollars a year, only to result in emptier wallets, failing promises and bad experiences.

The naïveté of the paying customer(soccer parents) has created a perfect storm susceptible to all that is wrong with youth soccer today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LIRef77
I don’t really care what league I referee games for but in the last 25 years I have never seen such a large group of people be so easily fooled by almost any entity purporting to be the best, academy, premier etc. as this misused nomenclature has been the most overused and abused descriptions of what is actually going on in youth soccer. This has created an incredibly huge market of hucksters, wannabes and frauds.

For example, making what was previously a select league like EDP available to thousands of more players will only dilute the talent, not that there is anything wrong with that because all this talk of “my league is better than your league” only makes it easier for the fraud to continue. Keep buying in to the elitist proposition that it only matters when you play in the highest level league as you continue to chase the holy grail that the youth soccer industrial complex promises you to the tune of thousands of dollars a year, only to result in emptier wallets, failing promises and bad experiences.

The naïveté of the paying customer(soccer parents) has created a perfect storm susceptible to all that is wrong with youth soccer today.

I’d be interested to hear what you mean by the “ the holy grail…promises”. For the thousands I spend I get exactly what I’m paying for, 3 practices a week, tournaments, camp, fall winter and spring leagues, prices less memories. Also when and what was right before that is wrong now?

Like Reply Quote
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L

I’d be interested to hear what you mean by the “ the holy grail…promises”. For the thousands I spend I get exactly what I’m paying for, 3 practices a week, tournaments, camp, fall winter and spring leagues, prices less memories. Also when and what was right before that is wrong now?

No one said anything is universal. You’ve had a great experience and that is great, I’ll let others answer that have obviously posted on these boards whose experiences have been less than ideal. But let me say this you you. While you are having an excellent experience are you so myopic that you do not see any turmoil in youth soccer? Tell me the last time you saw a league become unsanctioned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one said anything is universal. You’ve had a great experience and that is great, I’ll let others answer that have obviously posted on these boards whose experiences have been less than ideal. But let me say this you you. While you are having an excellent experience are you so myopic that you do not see any turmoil in youth soccer? Tell me the last time you saw a league become unsanctioned.

Touché

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why should we listen to you Larry?

You were wrong about SUSA taking that dirtbomb Kozy back. You were wrong about Gary Grossman situation. Gary won that war. Havent heard a damn thing about LGN! What have you ever been right about?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

You were wrong about SUSA taking that dirtbomb Kozy back. You were wrong about Gary Grossman situation. Gary won that war. Havent heard a damn thing about LGN! What have you ever been right about?

Why should you listen to me? You should listen to me because I speak to the people who make decisions and unlike a child like you, I put my name to what I post. I know you're frightened to say who you are. You're frightened of me because I am always right when I make statements. So I will address your attack.

On Kozy, I was 100% correct about SUSA not taking him back. What you don't know is before his going back I was called to get my take, hear from SUSA why they wanted him back, and after SUSA understood that taking him back would cause issues, I told them to go ahead. You may recall this happened as part of the Dix Hills fiasco and the parents and players needed a place to play and SUSA took advantage of adding players to the club.

Now to the best part...GARY. Gary won nothing as you will soon find out. Maybe as early as tonight. GARY got his balls whipped today, but unlike me who has the documentation ready to be published, you are a nobody and not in the loop.

LGN, another town club with a few big mouths like you, a DOC who likes the boys to come over to his place for pizza, a club VP that may face an harassment charge, and you. Another soccer crazed parent with unfortunately with a probably unachieving child academically, and a parent without deep pockets who thinks his kid will get into college on a full ride soccer scholarship because Tim Graham is training your kid.

I guess that about sums it up, and look for the official announcement regarding GARY from USYS which I expect I'll be allowed to release tomorrow on BOTN, Home of The Hits!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are just an example of everything wrong w soccer....Larry has been right about everything that you say he was wrong about. You obviously dont follow the details and facts. Larry ok'ed Kozys return, GG did lose...EDP won.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

You are just an example of everything wrong w soccer....Larry has been right about everything that you say he was wrong about. You obviously dont follow the details and facts. Larry ok'ed Kozys return, GG did lose...EDP won.

Thanks for the support

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
[quote=Anonymous]Why should we listen to you Larry?

Will previously nycsl teams have a fall season according to the latest news? EDP swooping in seemed like best case scenario, do you agree? If so why or why not..

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
You should have a full season because I don’t see how anything can change at this late date so I’m gonna go with YES.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this late date, kids deserve to play this fall. GG and the EDP Sleaze deserve to be slapped. Question will be how do you change after this fall after a precedent has been set?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

"Gary won that war?" I think you need to click here and face reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so which division is better? If I have a B2009 team and one team pays in Managed by NYCS and the other is in North Atlantic Conference, what is the difference in level of play???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North Atlantic Conference is above NYCSL/EDP.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(National League) North Atlantic Conference Club vs. Club is the highest level of play after MLS Next

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(National League) North Atlantic Conference Club vs. Club is the highest level of play after MLS Next

No it's not actually. Team based is where the better competition is as it's based on team performance and not having to have a team in every age group like ECNL. So team based is more competitive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it's not actually. Team based is where the better competition is as it's based on team performance and not having to have a team in every age group like ECNL. So team based is more competitive
Team based is def more competitive. Club based means you have to put a B.S product on the filed just to fill an age group sl. (ie. EC Benfica)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Likely depends on the division and the quality of the teams in the team/club based. Could be weaker as the above posts say as no club will had top notch teams at every age but that said, huge benefits to the clubs having all their teams play in the same place on game day. As long as the clubs in the division work together, there's not reason why all the games can't be very competitive and worth while regardless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team based is def more competitive. Club based means you have to put a B.S product on the filed just to fill an age group sl. (ie. EC Benfica)

EC Benfica is in Team based , not Club Based. Point proven!

Club Based = bigger clubs = bigger player pools = more talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so which division is better? If I have a B2009 team and one team pays in Managed by NYCS and the other is in North Atlantic Conference, what is the difference in level of play???

For B2009 from best to worst

USYS North Atlantic D1
USYS North Atlantic Club vs Club
USYS North Atlantic D2
NYCS EDP D1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USYS North Atlantic D1
USYS North Atlantic D2
NYCS EDP D1

This is total BS from an uneducated person. DUSC 2009 were Club vs Club last year and also won the State Cup. Try again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, after they won their USYS Club v. Club league last year DUSC was promoted to Premier 1, they are now 0-2-0 in that division. Needless to say, Premier 1 at this age group is the better league to play in competition wise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USYS North Atlantic D1
USYS North Atlantic D2
NYCS EDP D1

This is total BS from an uneducated person. DUSC 2009 were Club vs Club last year and also won the State Cup. Try again.

So they actually got demoted into D1 this season is what you're saying, thanks for the education

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s exactly how it reads. DUSC, last season’s 2009 State Cup and USYS Club v. Club table WINNER got demoted to USYS Premier 1, where they’re 0-2-0. Not sure how else to take that than USYS North Atlantis D1 is the better division. Even Barca, with teams in Club and Premier 1 has their best age group team in D1, not club.

USYS North Atlantic D1
USYS North Atlantic D2
NYCS EDP D1

So they actually got demoted into D1 this season is what you're saying, thanks for the education

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard
Nobody Does It Better
BOTN PROMOTE
Promote Your Events
Winter Indoor