Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
EDP Seeks to Overthrow and Control ENYYSA
by LIRef77 - 09/29/22 12:51 PM
Girls High School (School Ball Fall 2022)
by Anonymous - 09/29/22 12:06 PM
NY Surf Girls 2006 E64 team
by NY Surf - 09/29/22 09:28 AM
HASC Thunder Girls U12 2011-2012
by hascthunder - 09/29/22 08:33 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 11 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums17
Topics9,274
Posts537,863
Members15,153
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
South Side disappointing so far why?

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City and Macarthur favorites in Nassau

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
the 2 man system is banned by FIFA. NFHS should do the same. Horrible system.
Totally agree. We played a HS game yesterday and one ref refused to use his whistle. He kept using hand motions as if the girls had any clue what the call was 9and yes he had a whistle). The other ref was advanced in age, didn't make one call and barely moved 5 yards in either direction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City beat Southside. What's going on?

They split last year too I think. They are both good programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Garden City and Macarthur favorites in Nassau

I would think MacArthur is the favorite considering they beat GC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sure post the course for sextion x1 for referee courses Still doesn't make sense for a varsity game. Understand two or one referee system for JV and lower levels in school. I am sure you can get teachers to do it for some extra cash that's where it should start.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree. We played a HS game yesterday and one ref refused to use his whistle. He kept using hand motions as if the girls had any clue what the call was 9and yes he had a whistle). The other ref was advanced in age, didn't make one call and barely moved 5 yards in either direction.

Maybe you should get licensed and help out. Then leave your primary job early to ref a game. Starting to make sense now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should get licensed and help out. Then leave your primary job early to ref a game. Starting to make sense now?
So nobody is allowed to be critical now of refs doing a poor job. I'm not on the sideline screaming or yelling, I'm making an observation. I do not have the time or ability to become a certified official. I'm not happy with the president so according to you I should run for president. I'm sure you're an official at the highest level right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So nobody is allowed to be critical now of refs doing a poor job. I'm not on the sideline screaming or yelling, I'm making an observation. I do not have the time or ability to become a certified official. I'm not happy with the president so according to you I should run for president. I'm sure you're an official at the highest level right.

Quite frankly NO you shouldn't. Unless you have taken the course and certified you probably have no idea of the actual rules of the game and the nuances of refereeing. Spectators coaches and player's are amazingly ignorant to the rules. Do referees have bad days sure like everyone else. Are some older and not as mobile? Absolutely but what's the alternative? You complain about the referee, you complain about the 2 man system. Guess what we need more referees.
Teachers people say, I know several referees who are teachers, cops ect. They've all taken and passed the course and been refereeing for several years to get to Varsity. What do they get in return? Yelled at by parents players and coaches. Followed into parking lots and threatened.

So put up or shut up! And appreciate the referee for doing a thankless job that most of you are too lazy to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not scoring goals. Maybe system needs adjustment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not scoring goals. Maybe system needs adjustment.

More like the line-up needs adjustment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too bad the Lynbrook and Long Beach teams are down in Conference 3. Have to wait until the playoffs to see how those squads really matchup with the rest of the county. Seaford looks strong, but probably too young and stuck in Conference B until their numbers goes up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Southside just lost to MacArthur.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess all the screaming at the bench doesn't help!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great win by McArthur. Top team in Conference A Nassau. Especially enjoyed watching Southside parents suffer last minute loss.
MacArthur has a better team and coaches. Going to be a good year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quite frankly NO you shouldn't. Unless you have taken the course and certified you probably have no idea of the actual rules of the game and the nuances of refereeing. Spectators coaches and player's are amazingly ignorant to the rules. Do referees have bad days sure like everyone else. Are some older and not as mobile? Absolutely but what's the alternative? You complain about the referee, you complain about the 2 man system. Guess what we need more referees.
Teachers people say, I know several referees who are teachers, cops ect. They've all taken and passed the course and been refereeing for several years to get to Varsity. What do they get in return? Yelled at by parents players and coaches. Followed into parking lots and threatened.

So put up or shut up! And appreciate the referee for doing a thankless job that most of you are too lazy to do.

I am not the original OP, but I do agree with almost everything you mentioned. However the problem, I think, where many refs making calls some 40-50 yards down field when its obvious they are way out of position. If refs know they are unable to move as they once able, they shouldn't be making guess calls. If it happens once...ok. A second time and more creates the issue. I don't envy these refs but I appreciate them still keeping involved in the game they love. Are there refresher courses for refs? What does happen once they get rated by coaches? What is the follow up with their coordinators? Another issue with the 2-person system is having one ref calling everything in sight while the other keeps the whistle in their pocket and lets the kids play, except for obvious fouls. Its not an easy situation but there are also lots of refs that do a really nice job. Kudos to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you have never complained or been critical of a job someone does? you thankless or lazy because you dont do that job? so, you are saying their should be no accountability? remember people are still paid for the job they do and should do to the best of their ability, laziness isnt acceptable at any job? yes, bad calls happen, 50/50 judgment calls always happen. not talking about threatening people which in 10 years havent seen once. yes, it happen BUT dont make it sound like this a norm.we have all seen that same BARCA video over and over.
so next time the line at your supermarket is long and you complain, PUT UP OR SHUT UP! see you at Stop N Shop...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
South Side parents need help

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
South Side parents need help

I actually don't find them that bad. Is the hatred because they are typically top of conference and the assumption is the parents should be obnoxious?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you have never complained or been critical of a job someone does? you thankless or lazy because you dont do that job? so, you are saying their should be no accountability? remember people are still paid for the job they do and should do to the best of their ability, laziness isnt acceptable at any job? yes, bad calls happen, 50/50 judgment calls always happen. not talking about threatening people which in 10 years havent seen once. yes, it happen BUT dont make it sound like this a norm.we have all seen that same BARCA video over and over.
so next time the line at your supermarket is long and you complain, PUT UP OR SHUT UP! see you at Stop N Shop...

there already is accountability, referees are assesed and ranked and some move down every year. There have in fact in Nassau county this short season already been instances of referees confronted in parking lot after the game. Parents need to get a grip. Your daughter is not going to make or break a college scholarship in HS soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it to be the kids yelling on the bench that is obnoxious. Although I am sure they quieted down at the end of yesterdays game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So put up or shut up! And appreciate the referee for doing a thankless job that most of you are too lazy to do.[/quote]

I am not the original OP, but I do agree with almost everything you mentioned. However the problem, I think, where many refs making calls some 40-50 yards down field when its obvious they are way out of position. If refs know they are unable to move as they once able, they shouldn't be making guess calls. If it happens once...ok. A second time and more creates the issue. I don't envy these refs but I appreciate them still keeping involved in the game they love. Are there refresher courses for refs? What does happen once they get rated by coaches? What is the follow up with their coordinators? Another issue with the 2-person system is having one ref calling everything in sight while the other keeps the whistle in their pocket and lets the kids play, except for obvious fouls. Its not an easy situation but there are also lots of refs that do a really nice job. Kudos to them.[/quote]
In a 3 man system calls are sometimes made from distance. Just because you are 40 yards away does not mean you can't see a foul. Look at all the parents calling for "offsides" from further away from a 45degree angle! The 2 man system has many flaws the lead official can often be blocked or unsighted because he is responsible for offside. The trail offical has a much better view to make many calls. An experienced crew talk about the mechanics before the game and cover as much of the field as possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North Babylon and West Islip look good in Suffolk AA Conference. Commack and Northport will be in the mix. Next couple of weeks will tell the story.

not so sure about NPT SMIT W maybe def will be Commack North Bab West Islip in the finals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North Babylon and West Islip look good in Suffolk AA Conference. Commack and Northport will be in the mix. Next couple of weeks will tell the story.

not so sure about NPT SMIT W maybe def will be Commack North Bab West Islip in the finals

We will see Northport plays North Babylon and West Islip this week should both be good games. Smithtown west should always be in the mix. Northport has big senior contingent. Northport gave away the Commack game but have to give credit to Commack coming back from a 4 to 1 deficit with 18 minutes left in the game to win off a corner kick with 1 minute left in double o/t. All five teams have a chance. Along with the other couple of teams from the east side of the conference(Ward Melville, Smithtown East)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guys the bitch the loudest at their kid, coaches, programs and refs never played, coached or officiated in their life. CAn pick them out a mile a way.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!