Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
EDP Seeks to Overthrow and Control ENYYSA
by LIRef77 - 09/29/22 12:51 PM
Girls High School (School Ball Fall 2022)
by Anonymous - 09/29/22 12:06 PM
NY Surf Girls 2006 E64 team
by NY Surf - 09/29/22 09:28 AM
HASC Thunder Girls U12 2011-2012
by hascthunder - 09/29/22 08:33 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 13 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums17
Topics9,274
Posts537,863
Members15,153
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That is not SUSA's ENCL RL results... that is the Carolina (3rd team at SUSA) results
Sadly that IS the RL game results (check out gotsoccer). Carolina results aren't even that good.

Ha Ha you are so delusional. RL never even played those teams. Keep dreaming my friend
I think was navy the d team your way of buddy keep dreaming Susa ECNL and rl went 12-0-1 this weekend at world class and cfc

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is not SUSA's ENCL RL results... that is the Carolina (3rd team at SUSA) results
Sadly that IS the RL game results (check out gotsoccer). Carolina results aren't even that good.

Ha Ha you are so delusional. RL never even played those teams. Keep dreaming my friend
I think was navy the d team your way of buddy keep dreaming Susa ECNL and rl went 12-0-1 this weekend at world class and cfc

OP Is correct, but some of these games go as far back as October of 2020.

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/team.aspx?teamid=1049144

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OP Is correct, but some of these games go as far back as October of 2020.

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/team.aspx?teamid=1049144

Maybe the current SUSA parents don't remember because of turnover and being new to the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Don't be so sure about walking on to a D3 school. D3 is very competitive these days. And all the good D3 schools are filled with ECNL and top USYS players.

Can you be more specific and detailed? Which schools are you referring to and what are the amount of these "so-called" ECNL and top USYS players?

When folks like you make these blanket statements it wreaks of bull [****].

Localy, Farmingdale State College has ECNL players from around the country.

That's impressive, not!!

So let me make sure I understand this, what you're saying is some high-end, super Duper, ECNL player from somewhere far off Long Island gets to play at Farmingdale State University under Coach Chris Roche? Like I said, that's not impressive and for numerous reasons.

Eh, who knows if it's impressive or not, no idea about the guy. Just replying to the previous post. Now, if the kid gets an affordable education all the better I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College showcases and ID camps will bring you more exposure than ECNL and any other league.

What are you referring to as "college showcases"? Many colleges run their own "ID Camps" while ECNL and GA run "showcases" and tons of college coaches show up to watch. I think the difference is a college ID camp is when you are targeting specific schools while the showcase can provide exposure to multiple schools.

Beware some "ID camps"...some are just money makers for the coaches

Are College ID CAmps worthwhile to go to in Freshman year of HS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College showcases and ID camps will bring you more exposure than ECNL and any other league.

What are you referring to as "college showcases"? Many colleges run their own "ID Camps" while ECNL and GA run "showcases" and tons of college coaches show up to watch. I think the difference is a college ID camp is when you are targeting specific schools while the showcase can provide exposure to multiple schools.

Beware some "ID camps"...some are just money makers for the coaches

Are College ID CAmps worthwhile to go to in Freshman year of HS?

If you can find a local & inexpensive one go for it. The first one can be a bit overwhelming so having one under your belt can only help. They are all run the same way so you daughter will know what to expect when she shows up and a school she is interested in is there. Good Luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only week 3 of season and this age group is not even playing league games (High School) and this thread has 7 pages. We have a winner for "nutcase" age group parents!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only week 3 of season and this age group is not even playing league games (High School) and this thread has 7 pages. We have a winner for "nutcase" age group parents!

And you are the band leader! Congrats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be so sure about walking on to a D3 school. D3 is very competitive these days. And all the good D3 schools are filled with ECNL and top USYS players.

Can you be more specific and detailed? Which schools are you referring to and what are the amount of these "so-called" ECNL and top USYS players?

That's impressive, not!!

So let me make sure I understand this, what you're saying is some high-end, super Duper, ECNL player from somewhere far off Long Island gets to play at Farmingdale State University under Coach Chris Roche? Like I said, that's not impressive and for numerous reasons.

Chris Roche LOL!!! Making Surf a powerhouse in this age group. Just make sure they all pay for his ID camp at Farmingdale

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's impressive, not!!

Chris Roche LOL!!! Making Surf a powerhouse in this age group. Just make sure they all pay for his ID camp at Farmingdale
You mean Surf kick and run soccer? Are skill moves a thing of the past? Why are there less kids these days experimenting with the moves that makes the sport enjoyable to watch?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's impressive, not!!

You mean Surf kick and run soccer? Are skill moves a thing of the past? Why are there less kids these days experimenting with the moves that makes the sport enjoyable to watch?

That's an easy one. It takes hours of practice to to become proficient enough and confident enough to use them on the field. Most parents will not admit it but most girls at the age only pick up their soccer ball on the way to practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly this is true. The days of the gifted soccer athlete are gone. At least until the US realize that style of soccer will not get us anywhere. Coaches at this level should take responsibility to encourage creative playing and skill moves that the rest of the world is doing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you are the band leader! Congrats.

I think you just made that person's point.
You must be a joy on the didelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly this is true. The days of the gifted soccer athlete are gone. At least until the US realize that style of soccer will not get us anywhere. Coaches at this level should take responsibility to encourage creative playing and skill moves that the rest of the world is doing.

This so true, every HS team (NOT CLUB) I have seen play is kick and run, which is a horrible way to teach these kids to play.

Beyond that very few teams have the confidence to pass back to defense let alone the goalie.

A few times already the defenders on daughter's HS team would kick the ball out on the defensive side of the pitch, instead of playing back or trying to play it up. The other team throws it in and scores. All players lack the confidence to play with the ball at their feet. I understand sometimes you have to get rid of the threat, but it seems to the default for most teams.

You might sacrifice some goals and wins in the short term, but in the long run it would develop individual players and therefor the school's program.

Like Reply Quote
T
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
T

Another problem with the lack of creativity is that kids don't go out and play pickup soccer, or any sport for that matter, anymore. How do you become creative???? Go to the park with your friends split up into teams and just play. No parents, no coaches, no referees. Just play. What was more fun then the trying yo humiliate a dear friend by trying to do a rainbow over his/her head and if you screwed it up nobody cared. You laughed and tried to do it again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s up to the parents to get them off the video games and screen and encourage the kids to go out and play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This so true, every HS team (NOT CLUB) I have seen play is kick and run, which is a horrible way to teach these kids to play.

Beyond that very few teams have the confidence to pass back to defense let alone the goalie.

A few times already the defenders on daughter's HS team would kick the ball out on the defensive side of the pitch, instead of playing back or trying to play it up. The other team throws it in and scores. All players lack the confidence to play with the ball at their feet. I understand sometimes you have to get rid of the threat, but it seems to the default for most teams.

You might sacrifice some goals and wins in the short term, but in the long run it would develop individual players and therefor the school's program.
If players are doing this at high school, it's a lost cause. They have been doing this all their lives and will not change now.

Like Reply Quote
T
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
T
It’s up to the parents to get them off the video games and screen and encourage the kids to go out and play.

Not at 14. There comes a time where you have to be self-motivated to get better at anything. Self-motivation is the difference between a good player and a great player. We have all seen the really good 8,9,10 year old become an average player in high school.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!