Spring '22 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | EHYSL |
| ENYYSA Challenge Open | GA| LIJSL |LI Cup | MLS NXT | North Atlantic | NCSANJ | WYSL | CDYSL |

Forum Search
Scores & Standings
Fall 2021/Spring 2022
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '22 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2006:U16 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 06/28/22 09:27 PM
GHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 06/28/22 04:25 PM
B2010:U12 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Larry Miller - 06/27/22 05:44 PM
Long Island Soccer Club Goalkeeper Clinics
by Larry Miller - 06/27/22 05:38 PM
Long Island Soccer Club Summer Skills
by Larry Miller - 06/27/22 05:35 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 12 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics9,213
Posts537,133
Members15,141
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 52 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 51 52
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A quality coach makes a huge difference at this age. They are a role model believe it or not. They teach our children so much more than soccer. I would suggest you pay attention to who’s teaching your child with all the money you dish out. Think again when searching for the next best team because of better players… The environment you put your child in is much more important than winning a sooner game that is hard to watch at this level no matter how good the team is.
Also, let’s be honest here, we don’t have any Carli Loyds on Long Island. Sit back and enjoy the journey with your daughter. This time will be over before you blink an eye.

Thank you, next! Anyone, else? My daughter working to be like Carli is worth it even if she never becomes Carli (and I hope she doesn’t)

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great forum to read parents high on pot talk about youth soccer.
If you dont know who they are just look at the stands and see three guys cursing at the daughters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you dont know who they are just look at the stands and see three guys cursing at the daughters
WOW!!! Is this for real and if so what club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A quality coach makes a huge difference at this age. They are a role model believe it or not. They teach our children so much more than soccer. I would suggest you pay attention to who’s teaching your child with all the money you dish out. Think again when searching for the next best team because of better players… The environment you put your child in is much more important than winning a sooner game that is hard to watch at this level no matter how good the team is.
Also, let’s be honest here, we don’t have any Carli Loyds on Long Island. Sit back and enjoy the journey with your daughter. This time will be over before you blink an eye.

Thank you, next! Anyone, else? My daughter working to be like Carli is worth it even if she never becomes Carli (and I hope she doesn’t)

Marry Carli and have another daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barca is a great academy with top quality coaching. I have been with the club for 4+ years and they care very deeply about player development (on and off the pitch). They teach and encourage good sportsmanship as part of their curriculum. So when you ask about ANY club on this forum (Barca or otherwise) please be mindful that ANYONE.. literally ANYONE can post on here and say whatever they want... accurate or not (but most often not)... I have personally witnessed ridiculous behavior from parents on ALL the major clubs on LI... from the cow bells at SUSA... to Gottschee parents actively encouraging their kids to injure opposing players... to Auburndale parents calling 9 years olds "a bunch of assholes" on the field (and yes, I have video of this). But do I judge an entire club based on the behavior of a few select individuals? No. I hope we can be a bit more evolved than that... I caution everyone to be WARY of peoples motivations on this board. Often they want to discourage others from joining clubs they are in direct competition with. I say, instead of asking people on here where to go, see how it FEELS for you and for your family when you are there at the tryout or practice and remember that opinions are a dime a dozen. At the end of the day you want your child to develop in a positive learning environment that is good for THEM, and this is very much based on the individual needs of each child. And for those who have negative things to say about clubs other than your own - please remind yourselves - there are exceptions to the rule in EVERY club. Would you want to be judged by the behavior of 1 individual at your club? Probably not. Now let's get back to enjoying youth soccer and focus on the reason we should all be here - because we love the sport and we love our kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 EDP games for the Slammers this weekend. 2 more loses. 7 games played. 0 wins. 1 goal scored. Did someone really say they looked unbeatable last weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First and foremost, NO ONE cares about BARCA on this forum. BARCA is irrelevant on the girls side. Especially in this age group.
Secondly, if I was a BARCA parent I would probably keep my mouth shut. The bottom line is BARCA had a group of parents punch and spit on a referee.
It’s disgusting and inexcusable. Parents, coach and administration should all be punished. You can stop with the comparisons to all the other things you have witnessed. NOTHING COMPARES!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow... that's a lot of anger coming from you. It's ok. I feel sorry for you... that you walk around feeling this disturbed all the time. Please know that I am praying for you - that you find inner peace, or at least a good doctor/therapist to help you work through your issues. Sending nothing but love and healing energy your way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First and foremost, NO ONE cares about BARCA on this forum. BARCA is irrelevant on the girls side. Especially in this age group.
Secondly, if I was a BARCA parent I would probably keep my mouth shut. The bottom line is BARCA had a group of parents punch and spit on a referee.
It’s disgusting and inexcusable. Parents, coach and administration should all be punished. You can stop with the comparisons to all the other things you have witnessed. NOTHING COMPARES!!!

This is just another disgruntled Millennial who believes that the actions of a select group should condemn an entire group of people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just three guys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the grass is always greener till it’s not… best of luck to all that make a move… just remember it’s all about coaching which is far and
in-between … quality coach next year for the 08’ LISC team.

I guess you don’t think the current coach is a “quality coach”? I wouldn’t know but, will the next coach make your player grow physically to actually take the ball away from the other team, improve their first touch, improve their passing, improve their ability to kick a ball in the air, and actually dribble around an opposing player? Probably not. Keep hoping and praying for the coach to develop your kid.

Then how is it done?

A player needs to do a lot of work (practice) on THEIR OWN if they still do not have a quality first touch, accurate passing with both feet, and cannot dribble with their head head up (amongst several other things). Coaches at this age in academy programs are focused on team training drills not developing individual technical skills, those should already be at a certain "14 yr old" level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Great forum to read parents high on pot talk about youth soccer.

Which club/team are these alleged 3 guys who curse at their daughters from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barca

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the grass is always greener till it’s not… best of luck to all that make a move… just remember it’s all about coaching which is far and

I guess you don’t think the current coach is a “quality coach”? I wouldn’t know but, will the next coach make your player grow physically to actually take the ball away from the other team, improve their first touch, improve their passing, improve their ability to kick a ball in the air, and actually dribble around an opposing player? Probably not. Keep hoping and praying for the coach to develop your kid.

Then how is it done?

A player needs to do a lot of work (practice) on THEIR OWN if they still do not have a quality first touch, accurate passing with both feet, and cannot dribble with their head head up (amongst several other things). Coaches at this age in academy programs are focused on team training drills not developing individual technical skills, those should already be at a certain "14 yr old" level.

Agreed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then how is it done?

Agreed.

That's right. If the only time your daughter picks up her soccer ball is when she is on her way to practice it's not the trainers fault.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts here any shake up in 2008 LI teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something interesting the pros and cons of Susa but first congratulations to the girls selected for the ID camp. Three girls were selected from Susa for the ID camp. The Pros of playing for susa is the exposure of playing in a top league and getting noticed. The cons is that not one of the girls selected was a homegrown player and they came from other programs. The problem is the training and coaching at Susa is average. As you can see in the standings at various age groups that at the younger ages they are top of the brackets and as they get older the teams are moving down so I think the obvious is the coaching and training thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I think the points about coaching have been exhausted without being answered when the answer is fairly simple. You get what you pay for and in many cases on Long Island with our "in-name-only" academies it is what you are overpaying for.

Good coaches, the quality of professional coach that can develop a player and has the ability and relationships at the very top, i.e., National youth teams are not anywhere on Long Island.

Real academies have real coaches...just look around the country at the top teams and where they're located. Smoke and mirrors, and ATM Machines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
I think the points about coaching have been exhausted without being answered when the answer is fairly simple. You get what you pay for and in many cases on Long Island with our "in-name-only" academies it is what you are overpaying for.

Good coaches, the quality of professional coach that can develop a player and has the ability and relationships at the very top, i.e., National youth teams are not anywhere on Long Island.

Real academies have real coaches...just look around the country at the top teams and where they're located. Smoke and mirrors, and ATM Machines.

Barca is the only true academy with real trainers and not some college kid that needs work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Barca is the only true academy with real trainers and not some college kid that needs work.

I think anyone from Barca should lay low for awhile. Barca does not look good at this point and I would doubt any of the sanctioning agencies is going to let them slide.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

I think anyone from Barca should lay low for awhile. Barca does not look good at this point and I would doubt any of the sanctioning agencies is going to let them slide.

The referees can all decline to cover any Barca games...that is the quickest and easiest way to teach them a lesson...no refs=no games!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The referees can all decline to cover any Barca games...that is the quickest and easiest way to teach them a lesson...no refs=no games!!

Out of curiosity what would happen in that situation? Would that result as a forfeit for Barca?

We played the 08 Barca group this past weekend with no AR's.

There were some questionable calls in both directions. We still won so no real effect on the table.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why aren’t refs showing up to games? EDP needs to do a better job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe there are not enough referees to cover all the games. Take the course -stand on the lines or sit in the stands and shut up. Maybe so many referees will not quit and then a referee will not have to cover 5 games each day.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Here is the problem...EDP is a New Jersey league and they (EDP) have a problem starting for sure this Fall, and evidently it has started already where ENYYSA refs do not cover games for New Jersey leagues.

There is a plethora of posts about this issue from this past Fall on BOTN.

From what I am told, and I was not told there is a change, is that EDP is a NJ league and my understanding is all teams from NY playing in EDP will have to play their games starting in September in NJ and not on LI.

Like Reply Quote
Page 42 of 52 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 51 52
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!