Spring '22 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | EHYSL |
| ENYYSA Challenge Open | GA| LIJSL |LI Cup | MLS NXT | North Atlantic | NCSANJ | WYSL | CDYSL |

Forum Search
Scores & Standings
Fall 2021/Spring 2022
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '22 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2006:U16 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 06:50 PM
B2009:U13 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 06:02 PM
B2011:U11 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 05:55 PM
G2008:U14 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 03:40 PM
G2010 CSHH Storm- Division 1- Tryouts
by MegCSHHSC - 05/16/22 11:41 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 44 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics9,236
Posts536,045
Members15,113
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 42 1 2 39 40 41 42
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In this age group, RVC is not a "town team". They have been together for a long time and have some very talented girls. Kudos to them for being able to keep the team together. Without question, they beat both the SUSA and EM ECRL teams and if I had to guess, maybe even the ECNL teams. As for RVC beating Slammers it happened, can't deny it. I seriously doubt if the two teams played again the score is anywhere close to that but on that day, it got ugly.

It sounds like Slammers were hurt also. One or two kids being hurt can change the whole dynamic of a team game to game.

On another note, Somers and Auburndale are also very good in this age group.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout season here get the popcorn, parents and kids on the move for next best thing. Hearing a lot of chatter LISC players at other tryouts? Movement!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout season here get the popcorn, parents and kids on the move for next best thing. Hearing a lot of chatter LISC players at other tryouts? Movement!

To broad a statement to make. If your kid is playing on LISC's or SUSA's third teams I'm sure you would be looking to move someplace else. Now if you say LISC GA or SUSA ECNL players are on the move it is a much different conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LISC GA kids seen elsewhere already, we will see if SUSA ECNL kids at other tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where have they been seen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AND YOUR POINT IS WHAT?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Make East Meadow Great Again

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Make East Meadow Great Again

In the words of The Essex, Easier Said Than Done

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where have they been seen?

Parents were seen checking out real estate in C. Islip to be closer to the practice facilities while the players were on the field. A really stupid question deserves a similar stupid response.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the grass is always greener till it’s not… best of luck to all that make a move… just remember it’s all about coaching which is far and
in-between … quality coach next year for the 08’ LISC team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the grass is always greener till it’s not… best of luck to all that make a move… just remember it’s all about coaching which is far and

Who would this quality coach be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t care if Jurgen Klopp is the coach next year for the LISC team, the quality of the players is what’s going to make a team successful in the end. Do players join the Yankees because they have a great coach? No, they join because they know the organization is always going to have the best players and want to win. That’s why it’s greener.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe some kids need to seek out a new challenge if the opportunity presents itself. Wishful thinking if you think the 07’ GA coach will do the same with the 08 team, your comparing different teams with much different abilities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barca tryouts happening now. What does anyone know about this club at this age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do these LISC players want to leave? Crazy Parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barca is one of the best on LI!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honest answer is they have some good players and trainers, but struggle to get players. Last fall their 08's had to combine with the 07's just to field a team. Depending on where you live there may be better options available.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really sure who is leaving as tryouts haven’t even started but the parents are not an issue at LISC, it’s a nice group parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honest answer is they have some good players and trainers, but struggle to get players. Last fall their 08's had to combine with the 07's just to field a team. Depending on where you live there may be better options available.

That is all good and everything however yesterday a Barca parent physically assaulted a reff on the field vs Aurbendale. Barca attracts nasty parents and nasty players, the club is not going in the right direction if it can not get rid of parents like this. It is my understanding that this parent has been at the club for many years already and Barca did nothing to end his BS. Finally, the fuse exploded and it resulted in the cops on the field and pressing charges. I hope the league comes down on Barca with some hefty fines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you don’t think the current coach is a “quality coach”? I wouldn’t know but, will the next coach make your player grow physically to actually take the ball away from the other team, improve their first touch, improve their passing, improve their ability to kick a ball in the air, and actually dribble around an opposing player? Probably not. Keep hoping and praying for the coach to develop your kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really sure who is leaving as tryouts haven’t even started but the parents are not an issue at LISC, it’s a nice group parents.

Haha which group? Maybe their second team because that’s definitely not the case in GA. Thank you but I’ll pass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha which group? Maybe their second team because that’s definitely not the case in GA. Thank you but I’ll pass.

What's the not the case in GA, kids leaving (or maybe wanting to) or crazy parents? And if the latter, what is so crazy about the GA parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is all good and everything however yesterday a Barca parent physically assaulted a reff on the field vs Aurbendale. Barca attracts nasty parents and nasty players, the club is not going in the right direction if it can not get rid of parents like this. It is my understanding that this parent has been at the club for many years already and Barca did nothing to end his BS. Finally, the fuse exploded and it resulted in the cops on the field and pressing charges. I hope the league comes down on Barca with some hefty fines.

Was that this age group and was he rightfully protesting the small fields at Auburndale? I will represent him pro bono if so

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you don’t think the current coach is a “quality coach”? I wouldn’t know but, will the next coach make your player grow physically to actually take the ball away from the other team, improve their first touch, improve their passing, improve their ability to kick a ball in the air, and actually dribble around an opposing player? Probably not. Keep hoping and praying for the coach to develop your kid.
Then how is it done?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A quality coach makes a huge difference at this age. They are a role model believe it or not. They teach our children so much more than soccer. I would suggest you pay attention to who’s teaching your child with all the money you dish out. Think again when searching for the next best team because of better players… The environment you put your child in is much more important than winning a sooner game that is hard to watch at this level no matter how good the team is.
Also, let’s be honest here, we don’t have any Carli Loyds on Long Island. Sit back and enjoy the journey with your daughter. This time will be over before you blink an eye.

Like Reply Quote
Page 41 of 42 1 2 39 40 41 42
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!