Spring '22 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | EHYSL |
| ENYYSA Challenge Open | GA| LIJSL |LI Cup | MLS NXT | North Atlantic | NCSANJ | WYSL | CDYSL |

Forum Search
Scores & Standings
Fall 2021/Spring 2022
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '22 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2008:U14 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Larry Miller - 05/16/22 09:24 PM
G2006:U16 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 06:50 PM
B2009:U13 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 06:02 PM
B2011:U11 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 05/16/22 05:55 PM
G2010 CSHH Storm- Division 1- Tryouts
by MegCSHHSC - 05/16/22 11:41 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Larry Miller, Coach Pete), 49 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics9,236
Posts536,047
Members15,113
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Islip and Hauppauge coach should be ashamed of themselves for not doing their job wether it’s a paid or voluntary position.Both of you are in charge of awards and such.Step down if you don’t want to do your job and update the website you deadbeat directors.Thanks for nothing.By the way your teams are overrated.You probably do the rankings as well.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In Suffolk County the Boys Soccer team had their awards dinner tonight with approximately 850 people, as well as the Suffolk County GIRLS VOLLEYBALL, a few weeks ago Suffolk County Girls Gymnastics had their awards dinner at Villa Lombardi’s, The Girls Coaches association for soccer, put out a “Covid” excuse and lack of funds excuse, as to why Girls soccer couldn’t have an awards dinner. They should be ashamed of themselves. Lack of funds? We pay for the county dinner tickets. It’s pathetic, shame on them! You had the nerve not to have the dinner for the soccer girls, have the nerve to say you just didn’t feel like it, don’t give us BS Excuses, we’re not stupid, we can see that every other sport had their awards dinner.

Nassau County had huge awards dinner. Shame on Suffolk for not. On another note Newsday just released the All LI Girls Soccer Teams. Terrible some teams have multiple players and some conferences don even have one person that made it. Seriously, political crap

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone's kid even receive their award yet in Suffolk? Still waiting......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t hold your breath,last year the awards came out late as well.Our team picked up the plaques at the schools main office.Our Coach didn’t even hand them out.Not the way to grow the game.Suffolk needs to take notes from Nassau.Maybe if Suffolk brought home a state title the directors would show our section some respect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone's kid even receive their award yet in Suffolk? Still waiting......

Yes a week or so ago. They are out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some schools will be handing out at end of year varsity dinner

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop complaining about an awards dinner.

Last year's senior class got nothing. I have an all county player in one sport and an all division player in another sport. No dinner for either. Oh well. She's moved on to bigger and better things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop complaining about an awards dinner.

Last year's senior class got nothing. I have an all county player in one sport and an all division player in another sport. No dinner for either. Oh well. She's moved on to bigger and better things.

Agreed, enough of the whining. And it doesn’t take much at all to get to bigger and better. Those awards are handed out to basically anyone with a pulse

Like Reply Quote
G
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
G
I agree, awards are given to anyone, they are not the point, the main thing is that a person plans work time and gets pleasure and success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to disagree with awards just given to anyone.Yes there is politics involved with who gets awards but to discredit all who did earn awards is a ridiculous statement.Most girls who earn honors do put in extra time and are the leaders of their team as well as play extensive travel seasons.Don’t hate because your kid didn’t get an award or recognized as being above average.Sorry that individual post season honors aren’t handed out like participation trophies which your kids are probably used too.It’s called reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to disagree with awards just given to anyone.Yes there is politics involved with who gets awards but to discredit all who did earn awards is a ridiculous statement.Most girls who earn honors do put in extra time and are the leaders of their team as well as play extensive travel seasons.Don’t hate because your kid didn’t get an award or recognized as being above average.Sorry that individual post season honors aren’t handed out like participation trophies which your kids are probably used too.It’s called reality.

You're so far off my friend. I personally know very good travel players that have been snubbed because the coaches just didn't like them. When the player knows more than the coach about how the game should be played you damn well know politics are played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're so far off my friend. I personally know very good travel players that have been snubbed because the coaches just didn't like them. When the player knows more than the coach about how the game should be played you damn well know politics are played.

Agreed, our HS coach makes decision on what will be the most popular decision, not the best one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The number of post season honors per team is based on how your team finishes in the county/division.With that being said if your coach is making decisions based on popularity I would think that your team is not very good and the awards would be limited to who gets them..Playing travel doesn’t guarantee that you will be a good player or on your coaches good side.I agree that some players know more than the coach but that doesn’t undermine being a leader and most of team player first.Winning has to matter and the passion has to be there.It’s more than just stats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very good travel players……LOL…..if you’re good enough, you will be recognized with awards and found by a college. If you’re not - you just won’t. That’s it, stop whine about crap that means absolutely nothing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based off how many wins a team gets determines how many girls are given individual awards. The coach appoints his players and the other coaches follow his lead and vote for the girls. It helps to be a booster president of a high school to suck up to the coach. Sometimes coaches give it to seniors or parents who complain enough. Either way colleges don’t care about these awards only parents do.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I am reposting this from the GU14 thread because as the OP posted that he could find this age group thread....

I am writing this post in this age group because I cannot seen to find a 2004 or 2005 age group to post in. Also I have not been able to figure out how to create a new post. This is my first time posting in this forum so if it should be placed somewhere else and a mod knows where to place it please do.

If I could name the post it would be Jamie Gonzalez from East Meadow Soccer Club is a MONSTER. My daughter is a 2004 ECNL at East Meadow and a player for him for multiple years. To start everything in this post are all my opinions only, he is a horrible human being who humiliates, verbally and mentally abuses girls. Beyond that is a horrible coach who has zero tactical skills. Yet he is more important at East Meadow than Ruarri. Multiple occasions in my daughters time at East Meadow he has been WILDLY inappropriate. Often cursing girls out either on a group basis or individually. He speaks negatively to one girl about another girl then goes to the over girl and speaks negatively about the other. He degrades the girls on being girls and not being able to do what men do. The parents live in fear of him and are afraid to say anything as he is wildly vindictive! Crushing girls dreams by speaking poorly of them on not speaking at all to the schools them are interesting in. All the while saying he is the end all be all for getting girls into schools with his “contacts”. That is all a Lie. It’s the parents on this team who got their daughters into the schools they wanted. I am so happy for my daughters mental health that she is aging out of HIS GRASP!!!

Just the other day he threatened to kill the coach of the other team and got into a face to face interaction in front the kids and parents. Screaming and yelling with unlimited profanity. What an example! And to this EAST MEADOWS PARENT SOCCER BOARD DOES NOTHING! They have done NOTHING with all the issues and all the reports about Jamie. They also live in fear of him. Their daughters play for him so they remain silent and allow this monster to have unfettered reign over the club. I personally know two parents who children are in therapy due to the abuse this man caused them! East Meadow has know for years who this man is and for whatever reason not only don’t they fire him they continue to give him more teams and responsibilities. He is the DOC or the ECRL teams! That is Unbelievable!

East Meadow Soccer Club continues to not hire woman at the ECNL Level but instead gives this Monster many teams every season. Can someone answer why?

Where is the Board or the Doc to stand up for these girls under their care?

Mike Cartier why isn’t he coaching your daughters team?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I am only aware of Cartier having a son. If someone knows whether or not he has a daughter they may want to update the OP's closing comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
I am only aware of Cartier having a son. If someone knows whether or not he has a daughter they may want to update the OP's closing comment.
I believe he has an 07 or 06 daughter on the ECNL team

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!