Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | EHYSL |
| ENYYSA Challenge Open | GA| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NY Cup | NCSANJ | NEAL | WYSL | CDYSL |

Forum Search
Scores & Standings
Fall 2021/Spring 2022
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Questioning again, SUSA ECNL DOC JR's Conduct
by Anonymous - 01/21/22 08:03 PM
G2008:U14 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 01/21/22 03:11 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by MrRef - 01/20/22 05:57 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 35 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics9,163
Posts534,687
Members15,086
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
BREAKING NEWS: BOTN has learned that US Club Soccer will shortly announce they are back in our area and will be holding the NY CUP tournament this Spring with semi-finals and finals to be held in June at the HBC Soccer Complex.

BOTN was told that this tournament will be the start of US Club coming back into our area. The NY Cup will be managed by a company from out of state and does not involve any of the characters from the past NY Cup, if you catch my drift and get my meaning!!

An official announcement is expected shortly and we will post it when we get it.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

CHARLESTON, S.C. (Dec. 31, 2021) – Registration is now open for the 2022 New York State Cup, US Club Soccer’s state tournament for U10 through U18/19 boys and girls teams, which will take place March 1 to June 19, 2022.

Open to US Club Soccer member teams in the state of New York, all age groups will compete in bracket games starting on March 1, 2022. New York State Cup semifinals and finals matches will be held June 18-19, 2022, at HBC Soccer Park in Huntington Station, New York.

Champions of U13 through U18/19 divisions earn advancement and sponsored entries to the National Cup XXI Finals, July 14-21, 2022, at DICK’S Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City, Colorado.

Teams must hold US Club Soccer passcards at the time of the event in order to participate. Teams currently not carded with US Club Soccer that want to participate in the New York State Cup may do so by contacting Membership Services Representative Mike Gould at mgould@usclubsoccer.org.

For more information about the tournament and New York State Cup registration, please visit newyorkstatecup.com, or contact Mike Gould at mgould@usclubsoccer.org or Ed Bernstein at ed.bernstein@att.net.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
THE NEW YORK STATE CUP

The New York State Cup is US Club’s State Cup competition for member teams and clubs in the 10U to 19U boys and girls age groups. 13U+ Cup winners earn advancement and sponsored (paid) entry into the US Club National Cup XXI Finals to be held at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City, CO, July 14th to 18th for girls & July 17th to 21st for boys.

State cups are open to all US Club Soccer-carded teams. Teams that are not currently carded with US Club Soccer can easily do so prior to competing in a state championship competition. The US Club Soccer passcards will be valid for the entire registration year and can be used for other U.S. Soccer-sanctioned events.

The cost to participate is $300 for 10U to 12U and $350 for 13U to 19U.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Mike Gould From?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where is Mike Gould From?

Boy, where do I start? For now, Mike has been and continues to be the regional director for the eastern states for US Club Soccer.

There is or was a relationship between Mike and Matchfit FC. Mike lives and works out of South Jersey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of expensive to have to get players US Club passes for a single competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what happens to League Cup?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
So what happens to League Cup?

Nothing, but it seems like a pointless and non-sensical money grab, which is what I think it was all along.

BTW, there is no Grossman involvement in this New York Cup. This is being run by US club soccer. The name is the same, but that’s all. This will be run by the league and not by any local organization.

What is interesting is where the semifinal and final games are being held. Looks like US Club bypassed SUSA and their complex, and I find that kind of telling.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Kind of expensive to have to get players US Club passes for a single competition.

There will be 3 preliminary games as a minimum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be a flop this year since most teams are in the League Cup and haven’t finished their group games yet. How will teams have time to play group games in both cups and play league games? Not happening.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
It will be a flop this year since most teams are in the League Cup and haven’t finished their group games yet. How will teams have time to play group games in both cups and play league games? Not happening.

Whether or not it will be a flop remains to be seen, but clearly it is a far superior option than the League Cup.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Whether or not it will be a flop remains to be seen, but clearly it is a far superior option than the League Cup.

How so? Its the same exact format with a different name. And all the better teams are already in League Cup. Curious how it is clear that this is better.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

How so? Its the same exact format with a different name. And all the better teams are already in League Cup. Curious how it is clear that this is better.

SAY Soccer v US Club Soccer. Where is the League Cup taking you after your team creams the Competition?

Tell me, are you shilling for Grossman?

In the case of your team, I think the League Cup would be the perfect and easier path for success, just sayin'!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mike is connected to PDA not Matchfit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where oh where is GG been incredibly quiet which isnt his nature!

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Mike is connected to PDA not Matchfit

Whatever. PDA or Matchfit? In my experience, he is still a dick.

Mike hurt a lot of teams here. According to Grossman, it was Grossman that blamed Mike Gould for giving the USCS database of Long Island players to Barca when they first started. grossman told me that himself when I accused him of that nasty deed when it happened. Gary Grossman throwing someone under the bus would not be a shocker, but he did blame Gould.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many cups out there... can't the kids just play for the fun of it? Also, it will be very interesting to see how many of these games this spring do not have a referee or full crew. You keep adding games but not adding officials. If anything more officials are quitting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many cups out there... can't the kids just play for the fun of it? Also, it will be very interesting to see how many of these games this spring do not have a referee or full crew. You keep adding games but not adding officials. If anything more officials are quitting.

This spring is going to be an utter disaster in terms of referee coverage. The fall season had somewhere around a thousand games without full crews and the spring has far more games that need to be covered.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

This spring is going to be an utter disaster in terms of referee coverage. The fall season had somewhere around a thousand games without full crews and the spring has far more games that need to be covered.

My understanding is that there is a pecking order for which league and cup games get referee priority. Tournaments should be a non-factor since most are run when league and cup games aren't. I have to agree with poster above I'm replying to that this Spring could be a problem, and maybe a huge problem for some....will the answer be more weekday games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My understanding is that there is a pecking order for which league and cup games get referee priority. Tournaments should be a non-factor since most are run when league and cup games aren't. I have to agree with poster above I'm replying to that this Spring could be a problem, and maybe a huge problem for some....will the answer be more weekday games?

Younger ages maybe weekday games. Middle school and High school have Lacrosse, Track, Baseball and Softball games which affect field usage and availability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apologies Larry
I thought that was like the ENYYSA state cup, at least u get 3 games here

The ENYYSA cup.is crazy

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Apologies Larry
I thought that was like the ENYYSA state cup, at least u get 3 games here

The ENYYSA cup.is crazy

I have been told there may be an announcement on the ENYYSA State Cup this coming week as soon as tomorrow....as an aside it appears the CJSL is not happy about this US Club announcement as they may be involved in some financial way with Grossman and the League Cup.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the ENYYSA is the only true State Cup?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Is the ENYYSA is the only true State Cup?

Yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More weekday games will not get you better referees. You'll get the retired over 70's that have nothing better to do. It's going to be a complete clusterfsck come springtime.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!