Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | EHYSL |
| ENYYSA Challenge Open | GA| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NY Cup | NCSANJ | NEAL | WYSL | CDYSL |

Forum Search
Scores & Standings
Fall 2021/Spring 2022
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Questioning again, SUSA ECNL DOC JR's Conduct
by Anonymous - 01/21/22 08:03 PM
G2008:U14 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 01/21/22 03:11 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by MrRef - 01/20/22 05:57 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Larry Miller), 33 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics9,163
Posts534,687
Members15,086
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 27 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sorry...but stating those parents put value on academics while those same parents steamroll any obstacle that rises in front of their child is laughable. Those children have an inherent privilege as a result of their financial situation. This board has devolved into absurdity when people sit here and attack other people's clubs. WHO CARES? Is your daughter having fun on her team and improving in the game that she loves? If the answer is yes, who cares what other people think about what team your child plays for? Newsflash, this age group is entering HS next year, so for many kids they have 4 years left to enjoy the beautiful game. Just shut the hell up and enjoy it. You people are probably the same lunatics standing on the sideline yelling instructions at your child all damn game.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's what i think - I think high achieving academic parents expect and push their kids for the same. I think blowhard parents that never played a competitive or meaningful game in their lives want their kids to be pro athletes.

I'll keep pushing the academics and the opportunities and scholarships that go along with it. There is a ton more academic money available than athletics.

Here is a fact-
98.5% of high school athletes dont get any athletic money in college. That means 1.5 kids out of every 100 get a few sheckles (not full rides) and of those kids, most go to schools you never heard of!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here’s a thought….how about as parents we don’t trust anyone! Allegations or not we should all be involved and talk to our daughters about the dangers out there.
Be at practices, be involved and be smart. People that prey on kids usually target kids that have stuff going on at home or have minimal parent involvement.
I trust no one with my kids!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here’s a thought….how about as parents we don’t trust anyone! Allegations or not we should all be involved and talk to our daughters about the dangers out there.
Be at practices, be involved and be smart. People that prey on kids usually target kids that have stuff going on at home or have minimal parent involvement.
I trust no one with my kids!!!

I never left my kids alone with anyone. I was at every practice, every game, every tournament, everything! It is what we sign up for as parents, to advocate for and protect our kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure does sound like hurt mom who was told to leave EM all the Suffolk teams don’t want you now what ???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure does sound like hurt mom who was told to leave EM all the Suffolk teams don’t want you now what ???

WTF does this even mean

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has the writings of a burnt mom whos daughter got cut from the EM team.

100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
My little one is coming up in this age group. For all you loons paying all this cash into SUSA LISC, EM etc, come back in 5 or so years and let us know how this monster investment paid off? You will see that many of the girls won't be playing in college, others will be playing with no athletic scholarship money, and very few will recieve any athletic cash but the vast majority of those that do will be playing at schools you never heard of! There are no North Carolina, UCLA Virginia players on LI. And for those throwing shade at the GC's and Manhassets of the world, those parents smartly seem to put more value on academics than athletics and their kids do great. A lesson for the rest of us.

BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!! BOOM!!!
you are saying there are no players from LI at North carolina?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their is a girl from LI on NC do your homework before you talk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and there is a girl on UCLA Virginia from LI. BOOM!! BOOM!! BOOM!! back to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget, Stanford, UCF, West Virginia, Rutgers, Indiana, Michigan

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't you go write about all this in a college thread somewhere? Leave these players U14 players alone with the college nonsense.

And listen up players, word of advice - try to go for the Stanford degree if you can, soccer or no soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't you go write about all this in a college thread somewhere? Leave these players U14 players alone with the college nonsense.

And listen up players, word of advice - try to go for the Stanford degree if you can, soccer or no soccer.
just making sure the fake news nonsense is corrected, so the U14 players have the facts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thanks dad yes THERE is. I think the point is about 1.5% of all players get cash to play in college. Of that 1.5%, probably 1% of that number plays at a strong soccer / academic school.

congrats to the young lady playing at UNC. She won the lottery. 99% of the rest of us have a losing scratch off ticket

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thanks dad yes THERE is. I think the point is about 1.5% of all players get cash to play in college. Of that 1.5%, probably 1% of that number plays at a strong soccer / academic school.

congrats to the young lady playing at UNC. She won the lottery. 99% of the rest of us have a losing scratch off ticket
much better, a point with facts. Well done

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Expensive travel programs don’t guarantee any development and could be a deterrent in some to most cases.The best route for getting better regardless of the trainer or program is hard work,dedication,competitiveness and always put the team first.I’ve coached for years on the volunteer basis and I can’t tell you how many times I have heard parents telling their kids if you score x amount I’ll buy you something.We had a pretty good town team over the years that produced multiple all county ,all state and an all American on the HS level.Invest in your town teams at the end of the day the success of your hs team will mean more than any travel metal you may win.Just my opinion from someone who has been around before the money grab.

I truly believe in this, but the problem is that requires a good town team with good coaching otherwise the kids will not develop well and prepared for the hs team. Not everyone is lucky to have a good system as yours.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Expensive travel programs don’t guarantee any development and could be a deterrent in some to most cases.The best route for getting better regardless of the trainer or program is hard work,dedication,competitiveness and always put the team first.I’ve coached for years on the volunteer basis and I can’t tell you how many times I have heard parents telling their kids if you score x amount I’ll buy you something.We had a pretty good town team over the years that produced multiple all county ,all state and an all American on the HS level.Invest in your town teams at the end of the day the success of your hs team will mean more than any travel metal you may win.Just my opinion from someone who has been around before the money grab.

I truly believe in this, but the problem is that requires a good town team with good coaching otherwise the kids will not develop well and prepared for the hs team. Not everyone is lucky to have a good system as yours.
Will never happen but parents can control this and place all kids in town clubs. No need to have all the expensive academies, playing multiple teams etc.. It all broke down years ago because of all the restrictions from LIJSL. Shame as all clubs have the structure to give parents a fair price for exact same product as all the academies. It worked years ago and US mens team was much better, and the girls girl was just as good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will never happen but parents can control this and place all kids in town clubs. No need to have all the expensive academies, playing multiple teams etc.. It all broke down years ago because of all the restrictions from LIJSL. Shame as all clubs have the structure to give parents a fair price for exact same product as all the academies. It worked years ago and US mens team was much better, and the girls girl was just as good.

It's not just the parents. Town Clubs have failed on so many levels and are DEFINITELY NOT THE ANSWER. The town teams have an opportunity to provide more program and more development but they do not. The Town Clubs are more of the problem than parents are. Some kids want to get better. They want to play against tougher competition, but they do not have that option at their town clubs. So the parents search out other opportunities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They all start at town clubs. Town clubs develop the players. Then parents think their kids are better than they are or think they have the next Pele. Parents take kids to fake money hungry academies and once they drink the Kool aid they fall hook line and sinker. Good luck with your pipe dreams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Town teams get overrun across all sports by the overly invested Dads who either dont work or are on some job that gets them home in the early afternoon. They put rosters together for their kids benefit and for their friends children. I have seen it across multiple sports. WHen we first moved to our town, I called the local club to see if my oldest could play with them. They said nope, team is full and we're not looking to add anyone so her choice was either play for another town, play ayso or play for a club. We ended up playing for a neighboring town for a year before moving to a club because the other town ended up not even having enough kids for a team. Towns can be good but parents are so selfish and overly involved that they ruin it. Club may be expensive but at least it isnt run by some guy for his kid, who doesnt seem to even want to be there anyway.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Town teams get overrun across all sports by the overly invested Dads who either dont work or are on some job that gets them home in the early afternoon. They put rosters together for their kids benefit and for their friends children. I have seen it across multiple sports. WHen we first moved to our town, I called the local club to see if my oldest could play with them. They said nope, team is full and we're not looking to add anyone so her choice was either play for another town, play ayso or play for a club. We ended up playing for a neighboring town for a year before moving to a club because the other town ended up not even having enough kids for a team. Towns can be good but parents are so selfish and overly involved that they ruin it. Club may be expensive but at least it isnt run by some guy for his kid, who doesnt seem to even want to be there anyway.

Do you mean someone like Mike Cartier the president of East Meadow SC and his boy? I think generally speaking you are not off base with your assessment in way too many clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not just the parents. Town Clubs have failed on so many levels and are DEFINITELY NOT THE ANSWER. The town teams have an opportunity to provide more program and more development but they do not. The Town Clubs are more of the problem than parents are. Some kids want to get better. They want to play against tougher competition, but they do not have that option at their town clubs. So the parents search out other opportunities.
It is the parents. Who runs the clubs?? Stop being scared of who is running things and get involved

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

It is the parents. Who runs the clubs?? Stop being scared of who is running things and get involved

But isnt that the problem as the OP and I just pointed out? EMSC is by far, far from the only club. Parents do get involved, and they get involved to advocate for their child.

a parent while watching a game with other parent watches a player get hurt. As the player goes to the sidelines every applauds and while applauding they each think, more playing time for my kid wink

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many town teams are providing proper training. RVC is one of them. The problem is the parents are all gaga over LISC EM and SUSA. Those clubs don’t care about your children. They only care about money and maybe about the 1 or 2 players that shine. Everyone else is used as atm machine and a pawn. Im sure many parents in those clubs wish they can go back to a town club. Now those kids have no where to go and parents are stuck paying thousands of dollars for a product that’s subpar from what their town clubs could’ve provided.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rvc provides proper training?!? You just let everyone know that u are completely clueless. When was this proper training available??? When they had NOGA? Yes that worked out extremely well for town, Stuck to that horrendous contract for how many years?? Oh and yes Red Bulls are doing a great job….team getting rid of them left and right. Beside this 2008 team rvc is horrendous and can keep teams together at all…the politics there is ridiculous and embarrassing to say the least. Get a clue sweetheart as u have no idea what ur talking about

Like Reply Quote
Page 21 of 27 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 26 27
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!