Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | EHYSL |
| ENYYSA Challenge Open | GA| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NY Cup | NCSANJ | NEAL | WYSL | CDYSL |

Forum Search
Scores & Standings
Fall 2021/Spring 2022
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Questioning again, SUSA ECNL DOC JR's Conduct
by Larry Miller - 01/21/22 06:45 PM
G2008:U14 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 01/21/22 03:11 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by MrRef - 01/20/22 05:57 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Larry Miller), 37 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics9,163
Posts534,686
Members15,086
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 24 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
New coach and a few new players. But the SUSA 04 ECNL team is still so bad. They were dominated by the Bulldogs last night. Even though the game ended in a tie, SUSA had no offensive pressure at all and the Bulldogs ran right through the crappy SUSA defense all night. What an embarrassment that team is to Long Island soccer.

You’re trying too hard and you’re really, really bad at this.

That person is right on. SUSA looked really bad. Tough task for that new coach with only about 6 months left for these boys. The new players don't add much and the team really struggled. Alot of desperation defense with just kicking the ball away by their centerbacks. They should start to focus more on having fun and enjoying the end because they are not a realistic showcase team. That's the hard truth no matter what anybody says.

Really???? Like Bulldogs are any better.

Both teams went 1-1-1. South Shore finished higher in standings.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New coach and a few new players. But the SUSA 04 ECNL team is still so bad. They were dominated by the Bulldogs last night. Even though the game ended in a tie, SUSA had no offensive pressure at all and the Bulldogs ran right through the crappy SUSA defense all night. What an embarrassment that team is to Long Island soccer.

You’re trying too hard and you’re really, really bad at this.

That person is right on. SUSA looked really bad. Tough task for that new coach with only about 6 months left for these boys. The new players don't add much and the team really struggled. Alot of desperation defense with just kicking the ball away by their centerbacks. They should start to focus more on having fun and enjoying the end because they are not a realistic showcase team. That's the hard truth no matter what anybody says.

Really???? Like Bulldogs are any better.

Both teams went 1-1-1. South Shore finished higher in standings.

Losing to SESA? Cmon now. That's a joke right. The team that the Bulldogs lost to is much better. If you can't beat SESA how are you going to beat any real teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terrible additions to Susa ECNL? Nice… Several All regions, all state and maybe an all american just added . …. No goals against in 5 games ….? Bullies were pretty good but didn’t do much against the defense …. SESA looked good and their goalie was excellent . Objectivity is a good trait to have ….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College Soccer needs to change for the development of USA children and our education system. Not everyone is playing on the same playing fields.

Simple fix for D1,D2 and D3 soccer suggestions
No team is allowed more then 7 foreign born players
No team is allowed a Freshman over 22 years old

These college having over 12-18 foreigners that are 23-28yrs old is taking opportunities away from the American Athlete. Foreign players who don’t make it by 22 are washed up overseas and therefore just comes to USA for free education and try to get into MLS.

Soccer is NOT a revenue generating sport for any college but these coaches succumb to pressure to win at any level and that’s why they recruit overseas. If everyone played by same rules it’ll be more opportunities for American children.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Terrible additions to Susa ECNL? Nice… Several All regions, all state and maybe an all american just added . …. No goals against in 5 games ….? Bullies were pretty good but didn’t do much against the defense …. SESA looked good and their goalie was excellent . Objectivity is a good trait to have ….

An All American? I can’t stop laughing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"additions".....this says it all. When they can't develop players, they purchase them. B,C and D team players fund these "additions". Parents have wasted a lot of money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umm ok. Larry’s laughing from his 3 wheeler…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Easy daddy. There is no I in team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is pretty funny. The defense against the Bulldogs (especially the 2 in the middle) just kept kicking the ball as far as they could. Is that what top players do? If any of those new kids added are All-Americans then there is a real problem with the system. And be real please, SESA is far from a good team. Especially when you compare them to the teams in ECNL. If the All Americans on SUSA can't stop SESA, then maybe it's time to rethink the plan. Objectivity? You really sound delusional. Thankfully it's over in the spring - but that will be after SUSA is at the bottom of ECNL again. But at least people wont have to listen to those awful parents on the sidelines anymore. Just embarrassing for Long Island soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"additions".....this says it all. When they can't develop players, they purchase them. B,C and D team players fund these "additions". Parents have wasted a lot of money

To be fair, SUSAs 03 team from last year wasn't good except for that one kid from Brentwood. The rest of that team was just average players with not a single stand out player. That's a fact and I am not sure why anybody is surprised that the 04 team is just as bad. It's the pattern of SUSA (unless you are a girl).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Supposedly the All American from Brentwood is joining the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I recall, the bulldogs couldn’t beat SESA either. Granted - ties are better than a loss but it doesn’t look like SESA, Susa or the bulldogs are representing LI soccer when Westchester comes in and wins the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such anger. It’s the last season for these boys. Just enjoy it. If one team has a good tournament and one doesn’t do so well then just enjoy the experience and move to the next. They will all play each other and the score will tell the story but why such negativity. The win, they lose, they tie. Relax. It seems like you need to let everyone know that even though you didn’t win the tournament you are still a good team. No one is doubting that. Enjoy the last season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Supposedly the All American from Brentwood is joining the team.

He is all American and played with them this weekend. He plays high school with their striker.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes him all American. He is an offensive player and they were shutout Saturday and Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While waiting for my sons team to play I watched the Bulldogs vs SUSA game. Here's my take on the game as an outsider: The Bulldogs were the better team most of the game, from back to front and were the overall more skilled side. The SUSA speed up front was held in check the entire game by the Bulldogs defense. There wasn't the typical long ball SUSA style at all. They have an excellent new coach, Frank Vertullo from Queens College, so SUSA will be well coached. A lot of new faces on the SUSA side who I'm sure are all playing for free so SUSA can claim a lot of college commits over the course of the winter and spring as a marketing gimmick. Bulldogs added a few new faces too who I remember playing for LIPFC. Both teams played the game the right way meaning there was possession and good passing. A lot of speed and good physical play, not dirty at all. One drawback on SUSA though is there are too many whiny players. When a call isn't made fast enough or didn't go their way they pissed and moaned too much. That is a trait in players I absolutely abhor, no matter what team they play for. As for the parents, there weren't a lot of spectators but there was no silly behavior from either sideline. It was a good game to watch for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be fair, SUSAs 03 team from last year wasn't good except for that one kid from Brentwood. The rest of that team was just average players with not a single stand out player. That's a fact and I am not sure why anybody is surprised that the 04 team is just as bad. It's the pattern of SUSA (unless you are a girl).

So what team are you a parent from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes him all American. He is an offensive player and they were shutout Saturday and Sunday.

Yeah, Messi's never gone two games without a goal.

You're an imbecile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I recall, the bulldogs couldn’t beat SESA either. Granted - ties are better than a loss but it doesn’t look like SESA, Susa or the bulldogs are representing LI soccer when Westchester comes in and wins the tournament.

Westchester didn’t play SUSA or SESA. Definitely had the better drew playing two weaker teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Westchester didn’t play SUSA or SESA. Definitely had the better drew playing two weaker teams

"Weaker teams"? The entire tournament was full of weak teams. Which is why there were no coaches there from any decent schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While waiting for my sons team to play I watched the Bulldogs vs SUSA game. Here's my take on the game as an outsider: The Bulldogs were the better team most of the game, from back to front and were the overall more skilled side. The SUSA speed up front was held in check the entire game by the Bulldogs defense. There wasn't the typical long ball SUSA style at all. They have an excellent new coach, Frank Vertullo from Queens College, so SUSA will be well coached. A lot of new faces on the SUSA side who I'm sure are all playing for free so SUSA can claim a lot of college commits over the course of the winter and spring as a marketing gimmick. Bulldogs added a few new faces too who I remember playing for LIPFC. Both teams played the game the right way meaning there was possession and good passing. A lot of speed and good physical play, not dirty at all. One drawback on SUSA though is there are too many whiny players. When a call isn't made fast enough or didn't go their way they pissed and moaned too much. That is a trait in players I absolutely abhor, no matter what team they play for. As for the parents, there weren't a lot of spectators but there was no silly behavior from either sideline. It was a good game to watch for sure.

It's funny when people come on here and post like they are impartial. And then the post that they write is clear that they are not. Nobody who is just a parent from another team would stand outside for over an hour in 35 degree weather just for kicks (when he admitted that even the teams' own players didn't come out). And next time if you want people to believe you, don't act like you are a billboard for SUSAs "excellent" new coach. And I wouldn't put a lot of stock into those new "free" kids committing to a real college anytime soon based on the way that they played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's funny when people come on here and post like they are impartial. And then the post that they write is clear that they are not. Nobody who is just a parent from another team would stand outside for over an hour in 35 degree weather just for kicks (when he admitted that even the teams' own players didn't come out). And next time if you want people to believe you, don't act like you are a billboard for SUSAs "excellent" new coach. And I wouldn't put a lot of stock into those new "free" kids committing to a real college anytime soon based on the way that they played.

So no parents watched any games except their own kids? Why because you're too much of a wuss to do it? You're so full of [****] it isn't funny. I stood there with two other parents from another club and watched the game so that blows up your theory. As far as the coach, yeah, I actually know him and he is an excellent coach so go scratch on that theory too. As to the "free" kids committing to a real college, what do you consider a real college? Try not to be too much of a d**k in your reply, as hard as that might be for you considering your original reply.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Weaker teams"? The entire tournament was full of weak teams. Which is why there were no coaches there from any decent schools.

What do you consider a "decent school"? Which weak team does your son play on?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

What do you consider a "decent school"? Which weak team does your son play on?

For me a school that makes the top 25 in the Newsweek list…top 15 would be better, but keep in mind I look at a college strictly on academics, and the ability for networking with alumnae and not soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So no parents watched any games except their own kids? Why because you're too much of a wuss to do it? You're so full of [****] it isn't funny. I stood there with two other parents from another club and watched the game so that blows up your theory. As far as the coach, yeah, I actually know him and he is an excellent coach so go scratch on that theory too. As to the "free" kids committing to a real college, what do you consider a real college? Try not to be too much of a d**k in your reply, as hard as that might be for you considering your original reply.

Just when I thought that people couldn't get any lamer. I don't watch other kid's games in 30 degree weather because I have a life. You need to work on that it seems. But if you were honest in your original post and said that you were there because you are actually friends with the SUSA coach, then you would have seemed a little less pathetic. So you are not an "outsider" - you are friends with the new "excellent" SUSA coach. As for what's a decent college, if you have to ask that question then you already don't have a clue. Sorry but that's the truth.

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 24 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!