Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | EHYSL | GA
| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | NEAL | WYSL | CDYSL | Section 1 HS (West.) Boys |Girls


Forum Search
Fall 2021/Spring 2022
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
BOTN OPINION
by Larry Miller - 11/29/21 11:46 AM
BHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 11/29/21 11:20 AM
G2007:U15 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 11/29/21 09:42 AM
G2009:U13 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 11/28/21 07:48 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Larry Miller), 59 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics9,103
Posts533,980
Members15,078
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s obvious SUSA is trying to bury that they cheated with standing in front of the ball posts. How about posts on ethics? How about best interest of the kids?
Please explain how having 03s playing at an 04 level hurt the "best interest of the kids" in a SHOWCASE? Plastic trophies aren't even on the line.


It’s cheating! They have rules and age groups set up and by having illegal players in an age group could be a major liability for the tournament. If someone gets hurt they could face lawsuits and insurance company dropping them.

And it’s cheating, why is cheating ok for you?

They had a U19 team playing, why didn’t those kids play in the proper age group. And it’s not because they were short players. The team playing U19 had 04’s playing.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,151
Likes: 7
L
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
L
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,151
Likes: 7
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by LIRef77
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by LIRef77
STANDING right in front of the ball on a free kick is one of the most obnoxious, rude and game delaying tactics used in the game. As said it is delay of restart or unsporting behavior. Doing this accomplishes nothing other than denying the kicking team a quick restart. INTENT NEVER comes in to play with anything in soccer because we cannot read the players’ minds, you call what you see not what any player “intended’ to do.

It may be obnoxious but it is a tactic to prevent a team from a fast restart. Do you really think some kid is going to allow a fast restart because he/she is not supposed to stand close to the ball? If the player is asked to move or interferes, easy call for the ref. Smart players know to fast restart and smart defenders know to not allow it. Not even in the same realm as the cheating that go this mentioned in the first place.

How about defenders just setting up for the free kick instead of delaying the game? To be willing to get a yellow card for such a stupid reason makes no sense. But keep doing it and see how far it takes you because you are teaching your players to be unsporting. If he just stood at least 5 yards away then the attacking player can either kick or ask for 10 yards then it is a ceremonial kick that requires a whistle and restart then you have time to set up your defense.

What you say in writing makes sense. But in real life, what team is going to scramble to set up and allow a fast restart if the situation calls for it. And how many yellow cards have you actually issued when a player stands a foot or two away from the ball? Not many I venture because I only see cards issued when the defender intentionally blocks a kick when the players tries a fast restart or just won't budge when told to do so by the ref. I had played many, many years and if I was the guy closest to the ball on a direct kick I didn't statue in front of it like some kids do, I kind of lollygagged around it to make sure the opponent didn't get something fast going.

Yeah what you did by lollygagging is different, it’s the real life standing in front of the ball closer than one foot that I stopped tolerating a long time ago. When it happens I give the yellow card every time and it tends to cure it immediately. It is rare indeed for a team to get 9 yellow cards for the same violation of the laws.

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,151
Likes: 7
L
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
L
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,151
Likes: 7
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by LIRef77
STANDING right in front of the ball on a free kick is one of the most obnoxious, rude and game delaying tactics used in the game. As said it is delay of restart or unsporting behavior. Doing this accomplishes nothing other than denying the kicking team a quick restart. INTENT NEVER comes in to play with anything in soccer because we cannot read the players’ minds, you call what you see not what any player “intended’ to do.

I've also had my boys back up and the player takes a shot on net and is a goal because the shooter didn't ask for the 10. So yes, i would rather a player stand over the ball and not let that happen ever again. Lost the game 3-2

Maybe a better tactic would be to not foul when the offense is in the “danger zone” where a free kick and set play can prove devastating?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s obvious SUSA is trying to bury that they cheated with standing in front of the ball posts. How about posts on ethics? How about best interest of the kids?
Please explain how having 03s playing at an 04 level hurt the "best interest of the kids" in a SHOWCASE? Plastic trophies aren't even on the line.


It’s cheating! They have rules and age groups set up and by having illegal players in an age group could be a major liability for the tournament. If someone gets hurt they could face lawsuits and insurance company dropping them.

And it’s cheating, why is cheating ok for you?

They had a U19 team playing, why didn’t those kids play in the proper age group. And it’s not because they were short players. The team playing U19 had 04’s playing.
I'm not ok with it. They shouldn't have done it. But acting like this is the worst thing that has ever happened in all of sports, or that these poor 04 kids who lost to 03s will give up soccer all of a sudden because they lost in showcase games is a little over the top. That's why I brought up the "statue" thing on free kicks. It's "illegal", it's against the rules, and it's often not enforced. Does it really make that big a deal? No. I advise you (or whoever is complaining about it) to not attend any more tournaments put on by those organizers. They've shown you what they're about. Bitching and moaning on a message board about how big a travesty this is gets you nowhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s obvious SUSA is trying to bury that they cheated with standing in front of the ball posts. How about posts on ethics? How about best interest of the kids?
Please explain how having 03s playing at an 04 level hurt the "best interest of the kids" in a SHOWCASE? Plastic trophies aren't even on the line.


It’s cheating! They have rules and age groups set up and by having illegal players in an age group could be a major liability for the tournament. If someone gets hurt they could face lawsuits and insurance company dropping them.

And it’s cheating, why is cheating ok for you?

They had a U19 team playing, why didn’t those kids play in the proper age group. And it’s not because they were short players. The team playing U19 had 04’s playing.
I'm not ok with it. They shouldn't have done it. But acting like this is the worst thing that has ever happened in all of sports, or that these poor 04 kids who lost to 03s will give up soccer all of a sudden because they lost in showcase games is a little over the top. That's why I brought up the "statue" thing on free kicks. It's "illegal", it's against the rules, and it's often not enforced. Does it really make that big a deal? No. I advise you (or whoever is complaining about it) to not attend any more tournaments put on by those organizers. They've shown you what they're about. Bitching and moaning on a message board about how big a travesty this is gets you nowhere.

You’re wrong and your analogy doesn’t make sense.

Using illegal players is cheating.

Standing in front of the ball on a free kick is not even close to the same thing as cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's. Against. The. Rules.

IMO, intentionally doing something that is against the rules can be considered "cheating".

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,151
Likes: 7
L
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
L
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,151
Likes: 7
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's. Against. The. Rules.

IMO, intentionally doing something that is against the rules can be considered "cheating".

There are no rules in soccer. Your opinion doesn’t count. We have the Laws of the Game. This is covered under Law 12, Fouls and Misconduct and covered under discipline, cautionable offences. This is not cheating.

Just like fouling a player, handling the ball and other violations or fouls against the Laws of the Game. Just like fouling a player advancing towards the penalty area with a potential of scoring is a tactical foul is part of the game and is a cautionable offense it is part of the game but it is NOT considered cheating.

This does require a caution and the caution could be for any of the following reasons:

-Delaying the restart.
-Failure to respect the required distance when play is restarted by a dropped ball, corner kick, free kick or throw in.
-Unsporting behavior.

IF as cited by another poster a team continues to commit the same offence (like standing too close to the ball for a free kick) an additional cautionable offense is PERSISTENT OFFENCES (no persistent number or pattern of offences constitutes persistent).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever you say oh officious one.

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,697
Likes: 54
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,697
Likes: 54
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whatever you say oh officious one.


Exactly, and you should take what LIReff77 says and understand he knows way more than you do. It is problems like you that are slowing draining referee resources and damaging youth soccer and if arrogant no-nothings like you continue you will simply turn youth soccer in our area into a soccer dinosaur.

We have a real live turkey for Thanksgiving here!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whatever you say oh officious one.


Exactly, and you should take what LIReff77 says and understand he knows way more than you do. It is problems like you that are slowing draining referee resources and damaging youth soccer and if arrogant no-nothings like you continue you will simply turn youth soccer in our area into a soccer dinosaur.

We have a real live turkey for Thanksgiving here!!!
You like insulting folks using your website. You know nothing about me, have no idea how I support the game, and just want to throw shade at folks you don't like. Carry on assuming what you will. It shows how little you respect others.

Guessing you won't accept this post because you don't take criticism. But we'll both know it's another example of how petty you really are.

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,697
Likes: 54
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,697
Likes: 54
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whatever you say oh officious one.


Exactly, and you should take what LIReff77 says and understand he knows way more than you do. It is problems like you that are slowing draining referee resources and damaging youth soccer and if arrogant no-nothings like you continue you will simply turn youth soccer in our area into a soccer dinosaur.

We have a real live turkey for Thanksgiving here!!!
You like insulting folks using your website. You know nothing about me, have no idea how I support the game, and just want to throw shade at folks you don't like. Carry on assuming what you will. It shows how little you respect others.

Guessing you won't accept this post because you don't take criticism. But we'll both know it's another example of how petty you really are.

You really are out there. You have contradicted yourself by saying I dont know you, but that I'm throwing shade at you. Yes, I am, because your post was attacking someone who does know more than you and clearly has shown integrity about the game and reffing.

If you are such a soccer mensch as you profess why are you anonymous? I stand by my comments on your post.

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,151
Likes: 7
L
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
L
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,151
Likes: 7
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whatever you say oh officious one.


Exactly, and you should take what LIReff77 says and understand he knows way more than you do. It is problems like you that are slowing draining referee resources and damaging youth soccer and if arrogant no-nothings like you continue you will simply turn youth soccer in our area into a soccer dinosaur.

We have a real live turkey for Thanksgiving here!!!
You like insulting folks using your website. You know nothing about me, have no idea how I support the game, and just want to throw shade at folks you don't like. Carry on assuming what you will. It shows how little you respect others.

Guessing you won't accept this post because you don't take criticism. But we'll both know it's another example of how petty you really are.

You call out Larry for throwing shade and you think it’s ok when you throw shade at me after I was explaining Law 12? You sound like a typical anonymous troll that likes to be respected but acts disrespectful to others. Treat others respectfully, then you could expect the same from others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On a side note why is the state cup almost 400 dollars to play possibly one game. That's insane!!!

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,697
Likes: 54
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,697
Likes: 54
Originally Posted by Anonymous
On a side note why is the state cup almost 400 dollars to play possibly one game. That's insane!!!


Then dont enter. Do you think paying $800 for a local tournament is cheap?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least you might be able to play 3 games plus semis and finals in a tournament guaranteed

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,697
Likes: 54
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,697
Likes: 54
Originally Posted by Anonymous
At least you might be able to play 3 games plus semis and finals in a tournament guaranteed

You miss the point. Local tournaments are basically scrimmages. We travel away, and they don’t travel here. You do know who is “they” that I’m referencing, don’t you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry, I don't see anything of the real substance or deep content about SUSA, how did your last conversation with Glen Snieder go? Is it possible you are not allowed to say anything really bad about them?

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,697
Likes: 54
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,697
Likes: 54
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Larry, I don't see anything of the real substance r deep content about SUSA, how did your last conversation with Glen Snieder go? Is it possible you are not allowed to say anything really bad about them?

Is it possible I am not allowed to say anything really bad about them?.

Are you serious? Do you really think I take orders from SUSA, or any soccer organization from US Soccer down to LIJSL, and lower? W(here)TF did this come from?

Like Reply Quote
1 member likes this: CJ Orlando
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Susa days are numbered, soon the well will run dry.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!