Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | EHYSL | GA
| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | NEAL | WYSL | CDYSL | Section 1 HS (West.) Boys |Girls

Forum Search
Fall 2021/Spring 2022
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
New York Soccer Club ELITE Academy Director's Futsal Camp
by Larry Miller - 11/29/21 12:46 PM
G2008:U14 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 11/29/21 11:48 AM
BOTN OPINION: It's time to say goodbye to USYSA
by Larry Miller - 11/29/21 11:46 AM
BHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 11/29/21 11:20 AM
G2007:U15 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 11/29/21 09:42 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (CJ Orlando, Larry Miller), 54 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics9,095
Posts533,973
Members15,078
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
EC is getting the same amount of hate SUSA got last year. Lonely at the top huh East Coast?
I am from neither. You must be a noob parent for sure. NYCFC is the top team in NY. If your son is there right now he must be ELITE along with the rest of the team. That being said, my post was to show that NYCFC should not lose to anyone period, and should beat up every team handedly !! Read the original post again STUPID.[/quote] You are the stupid one, NYCFC should not lose, I agree but a so called 'top" team in Division 1 should not lose 11-1 to anyone!!! Not difficult to understand. Maybe EC doesn't deserve to be placed so high ever occurred to you?

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EC is getting the same amount of hate SUSA got last year. Lonely at the top huh East Coast?
The top?? No one is hating on NYCFC or Barca.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top?? No one is hating on NYCFC or Barca.

Barca hasnt played NYCFC or EC yet, they are beating the bottom teams. Enjoy it while it lasts ⏳

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey all - new to the board looking for some guidance. My son plays for a Division 1 (LIJSL) team but is looking to make a big jump next year. Obviously I'm biased but the kid can play. We live in Western Nassau and I've been reading about the National League, MLSnext, and ECNL. I'm pretty clueless about navigating my way through all of this and I'd love to get folks opinions on what his next move should be when he gets to the Spring tryout season. Thanks in advance!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey all - new to the board looking for some guidance. My son plays for a Division 1 (LIJSL) team but is looking to make a big jump next year. Obviously I'm biased but the kid can play. We live in Western Nassau and I've been reading about the National League, MLSnext, and ECNL. I'm pretty clueless about navigating my way through all of this and I'd love to get folks opinions on what his next move should be when he gets to the Spring tryout season. Thanks in advance!
Well, you have a good head start, being you are clueless, go join East Coast. They thrive on parents like you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a dick he was asking a serious question

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
What a dick he was asking a serious question

Totally agree. A dick-head out of New Hyde Park.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jerk!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For boys the top league is the MLS Next league. Locally you have 3 teams. NYCFC , BWG , and Met Oval. NYCFC is a real MLS academy and leagues above the other 2. BWG and Met Oval are pay for play. From top to bottom the MLS next league has better players, training, and overall competition than the other leagues. At this age the key is simply playing as much as possible. More touches and enjoying playing. Take them wherever they will have fun and enjoy the training. If you contact the coaches at BWG or Met Oval they might let your son practice with team to see if it's a fit for them and your son. Another alternative is staying with current team and supplementing with extra training like Red Bulls or Rough Riders or ODP or PDP. Key is simply playing lots and make sure they are enjoying it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best advice is to keep an eye out for the Spring tryout schedules. Take your son to more then one. Make sure to stay and watch not only the play on the field but how the trainers/coaches interact with the players. Ask questions before deciding. Make sure you understand the training schedule, game schedule, offseason schedules and what is included in the cost. Do your best to stay objective and not choose the sexy name. Make the best choice for your situation. Above all else don't listen to anyone on BOTN, no offense Larry, because all you will hear is which parents think their club is great and which clubs they think suck. Good Luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For boys the top league is the MLS Next league. Locally you have 3 teams. NYCFC , BWG , and Met Oval. NYCFC is a real MLS academy and leagues above the other 2. BWG and Met Oval are pay for play. From top to bottom the MLS next league has better players, training, and overall competition than the other leagues. At this age the key is simply playing as much as possible. More touches and enjoying playing. Take them wherever they will have fun and enjoy the training. If you contact the coaches at BWG or Met Oval they might let your son practice with team to see if it's a fit for them and your son. Another alternative is staying with current team and supplementing with extra training like Red Bulls or Rough Riders or ODP or PDP. Key is simply playing lots and make sure they are enjoying it

This is the correct response - well done!

"Another alternative is staying with current team and supplementing with extra training like Red Bulls or Rough Riders or ODP or PDP. Key is simply playing lots and make sure they are enjoying it"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East Coast Benfica (the B team) is above Met Oval A team, Hota A team, Valencia A team, Stony Brook A team, and Park Slope A team. The only teams they are behind is their own A team, Barca A team, SUSA B team, and NYCFC. Not as bad as the haters making it out to be. It is also the only B team in division 1, so I would call that success compared to the other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East Coast Benfica (the B team) is above Met Oval A team, Hota A team, Valencia A team, Stony Brook A team, and Park Slope A team. The only teams they are behind is their own A team, Barca A team, SUSA B team, and NYCFC. Not as bad as the haters making it out to be. It is also the only B team in division 1, so I would call that success compared to the other clubs.
Having 8pts out of 21 possible pts is not success. You intentionally fail to mention Stoney Brook A team has only played 5 games compared to your 7 games. You are "fake news" !! There are three teams in the 3rd division that would fair better had they been placed in the 1st division. Brentwood, Uruguayans and Executive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the Susa A team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having 8pts out of 21 possible pts is not success. You intentionally fail to mention Stoney Brook A team has only played 5 games compared to your 7 games. You are "fake news" !! There are three teams in the 3rd division that would fair better had they been placed in the 1st division. Brentwood, Uruguayans and Executive.

I guess comprehension is not your thing. They are doing better than most A teams. Take 6 points off the table from Boca Juniors and NYCFC, so they have 8 points out of 15 possible points in division 1 as a B team. If your so determined to knock 11 year olds for these results then you probably had a bad experience at that club and are just trashing them anonymously. Thats not what this forum should be used for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess comprehension is not your thing. They are doing better than most A teams. Take 6 points off the table from Boca Juniors and NYCFC, so they have 8 points out of 15 possible points in division 1 as a B team. If your so determined to knock 11 year olds for these results then you probably had a bad experience at that club and are just trashing them anonymously. Thats not what this forum should be used for.

You are the one coming on here and bragging about the "B" team. So no need to throw the insults. Also, it must have slipped your mind that they were the EC 'A" team prior to the snake John K's arrival with his group from the defunct Boca Jrs, then Franklin square. John is out every weekend post game waiting for kids and their parents in parking lots to make them offers so he can replace your kid with "top" players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D3 is a week division so those teams hold no weight. Plus Atletico has merged with uruguyan SC so that is the kiss of death for that club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D3 is a week division so those teams hold no weight. Plus Atletico has merged with uruguyan SC so that is the kiss of death for that club
Those three teams can be as 'successful" as your EC B team and would beat them. They can get at least the same 7pts you are so proud to have obtained. I'm not the only one that noticed, the divisions are way off this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What league are all these other teams playing in? I know EC is middle of the pack in one of the EDP divisions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What league are all these other teams playing in? I know EC is middle of the pack in one of the EDP divisions.
NYCSL. There is good competition there, some good teams and others not so strong, it's the same even in EDP believe it or not. A big reason teams/clubs don't join EDP at this age is because of the extensive travel for a 70 minute game. Sometimes you have to travel 1.5 to over 2hrs for a match and your opponent is really weak. Not worth it at this age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds good. How come no link to that league on botn? I googled it, the link shows nothing this season

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Sounds good. How come no link to that league on botn? I googled it, the link shows nothing this season

The NYCSL is no longer. That league no longer exists.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok thanks Larry. Do you know what league nycfc and these other top clubs are playing in? I checked EDP and MLS next

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North Atlantic Fall 2021-Spring 2022 managed by EDP Soccer
https://system.gotsport.com/org_event/events/4833

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NYCSL. There is good competition there, some good teams and others not so strong, it's the same even in EDP believe it or not. A big reason teams/clubs don't join EDP at this age is because of the extensive travel for a 70 minute game. Sometimes you have to travel 1.5 to over 2hrs for a match and your opponent is really weak. Not worth it at this age.

That is completely untrue. There is no USYS national League managed by EDP at this age, they start 11v11. The EDP league is not accepting any teams from Long Island in their younger ages because they are managing a Long Island League for USYS. That is the only option small sided unless you play LIJSL.

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!