Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | EHYSL | GA
| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | NEAL | WYSL | CDYSL | Section 1 HS (West.) Boys |Girls

Forum Search
Fall 2021/Spring 2022
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
BOTN OPINION
by Larry Miller - 11/29/21 11:46 AM
BHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 11/29/21 11:20 AM
G2007:U15 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 11/29/21 09:42 AM
G2009:U13 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 11/28/21 07:48 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Larry Miller), 59 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics9,103
Posts533,980
Members15,078
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Barca has a garbage girl’s side, or let’s say non existent. There are clubs that will have girls teams in USYS National League but Barca is not one of them. They are a complete joke on the girls side. Btw,the new director is a nomad trainer that promised Barca he could build a girls side. He will build nothing and be fired again.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
East Meadow famously brings in 13/14/15/16 kids that were trained at other clubs, they are promised the world by Ruarri and Gary and Jamie. The promises are empty. East Meadow has never built a true team from peewees that has won anything. East Meadow should consider merging with LISC to use LISC coaching staff.

Show me any team that started at U Littles and stayed together for 13 yrs

There are a number of examples. Teams that had a strong base at U11-13 and continued to add strong players. Some came and went but they continued to grow and succeed. Tgat is just about every strong team at u16-18. They don’t come from nowhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the National League Pro?

National league pro is the highest level of USYS national league. It is one division made of all D1 and regional cup champions as well as some wild cards across the US. They play league matches at 2 showcase tournaments and that is how the standing are kept.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the National League Pro?

Barca needs to compete in the USYS North Atlantic Conferences on the girl's side and build that up so that they can enter the USYS National League PRO which takes the best of the best teams in the regions and then the winners go to USYS National Championship. Despite what you may think, in other parts of the country like Florida for example there are teams in the USYS NL that are stronger than local ECNL clubs and both do a great job at having competitive games in the league and college exposure. I just do not understand why here in NY in Long Island no one works on building competitive teams that can compete with ECNL and be a non ECNL team.

That’s exactly right. But the club that will have the girls side competing in the national league v. Girls academy and ECNL is FC SESA. They already have a number of quality young teams on the girls side and as they age in 2014, 2011, 2010 and 2009 are all set on the girls side to compete in national league. SESA will continue to grow their girls side and be the NL club that competes with LISC and Emsc. Barca is not even on the radar in girls soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East Meadow famously brings in 13/14/15/16 kids that were trained at other clubs, they are promised the world by Ruarri and Gary and Jamie. The promises are empty. East Meadow has never built a true team from peewees that has won anything. East Meadow should consider merging with LISC to use LISC coaching staff.

Thats hilarious. How would that benefit LISC? Why would they want to have to deal with EM culture? They are building their own culture and growing. . In addition, there are enough defections from other clubs to LISC already.

Hilarious how no one is mentioning Brook Derosa coaching at Barca. She is one of the best coaches around and a college coach. One thing that is not being said in LI is that Barca has a new director who will prioritize the girl's side now. EM may have the players but the coaches stink, Rouri, Jamie, and Gary should go take notes on how the coaches from spain train there teams. No need for ECNL because the National League Pro will be just as good.

Is the director a female? Brooke Derosa should run the girls program at Barca. Maybe it would grow to something decent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best female trainer on Long Island is Lisa Gozley.She’s never trained my kid doesn’t know me at all,has coached teams against my kids old team.Best trainer and coach for girls hands down.-Eric Daniels

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
The best female trainer on Long Island is Lisa Gozley.She’s never trained my kid doesn’t know me at all,has coached teams against my kids old team.Best trainer and coach for girls hands down.-Eric Daniels

Agreed. Good call!

Lisa has been around for quite while. Low key-under the radar. If I’m not mistaken she likes it that way.

She would be a good addition to LISC along with Meghan would make a huge difference in girls soccer. Now, let’s add Brooke DeRosa. That trio at LISC would be the buzz in girls soccer and would outshine ECNL hands down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s exactly right. But the club that will have the girls side competing in the national league v. Girls academy and ECNL is FC SESA. They already have a number of quality young teams on the girls side and as they age in 2014, 2011, 2010 and 2009 are all set on the girls side to compete in national league. SESA will continue to grow their girls side and be the NL club that competes with LISC and Emsc. Barca is not even on the radar in girls soccer.

FC SESA is a solid club, but dude, your dreamin…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would Lisa ever leave surf, she coaches the two best 05 and 06 teams in Long Island?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would Lisa ever leave surf, she coaches the two best 05 and 06 teams in Long Island?

The simple answer is surf isnt going anywhere and your comment on the best 06 and 05 teams is very subjective. surf came along with promises of greatness and they never happened. surf is a deadend street.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Agreed. Good call!

Lisa has been around for quite while. Low key-under the radar. If I’m not mistaken she likes it that way.

She would be a good addition to LISC along with Meghan would make a huge difference in girls soccer. Now, let’s add Brooke DeRosa. That trio at LISC would be the buzz in girls soccer and would outshine ECNL hands down.

Meg is the only one I’ve heard of only because they PLAY in the GA, not compete, look at LISC standings in different age groups, not good. Even being the only LI club that is in the GA, they still can’t draw top players. Bringing in those other 2 trainers that no one has heard of won’t help.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Agreed. Good call!

Meg is the only one I’ve heard of only because they PLAY in the GA, not compete, look at LISC standings in different age groups, not good. Even being the only LI club that is in the GA, they still can’t draw top players. Bringing in those other 2 trainers that no one has heard of won’t help.

Are you playing stupid or are you stupid? 2 trainers no one has heard of? Really? I’ll go with you are stupid and clueless. Everyone with a modicum of youth soccer knowl Dre know both of these women. On the other side, no one has heard of you. You were smart to post anonymously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry this parent is new to soccer obviously.Who doesn’t know these two ladies in soccer.A lot of the parents don’t do their homework.-Eric Daniels

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Larry this parent is new to soccer obviously.Who doesn’t know these two ladies in soccer.A lot of the parents don’t do their homework.-Eric Daniels

Yes, you are correct. They are like children who think the world began when they arrived!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, you are correct. They are like children who think the world began when they arrived!!

Ok, enlighten us stupid parents. What clubs do these 2 great trainers work out of so we can see how they’re changing the landscape of youth soccer. Apparently as a previous poster pointed out, one of the trainers likes to be low key, under the radar - that’s great - so low key no one knows of her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not the poster, but Lisa Gozley trained my daughter when she was at our club for about 3 years. Very good trainer. She is now with NY Surf.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lisa Gozley best female trainer in Long Island, hands down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These best female coaches have been instrumental in the success of LISC and SURF. They are the reason these clubs are developing the high calibre players. We have taken notice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These best female coaches have been instrumental in the success of LISC and SURF. They are the reason these clubs are developing the high calibre players. We have taken notice.

Let’s not forget there are a lot of good male coaches who don’t use the job as a way to start sexual relationships with players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did this conversation go from more posts and responses about the need for more female coaches from the start and main part of paul reily and other coaches being inappropriate with players. Both need to be addressed, however the original topic on the thread disappeared very quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isnt LISC a for profit private business like SUSA? How in the world could an EM ever combine as they are supposed to be a non profit with very few people getting paid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did this conversation go from more posts and responses about the need for more female coaches from the start and main part of paul reily and other coaches being inappropriate with players. Both need to be addressed, however the original topic on the thread disappeared very quickly.

You forgot about the moms who sleep with the Coaches too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let’s not forget there are a lot of good male coaches who don’t use the job as a way to start sexual relationships with players.

That is not what this thread is about. This thread is about scummy PR. Hope he does not return to LI. And why would he?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isnt LISC a for profit private business like SUSA? How in the world could an EM ever combine as they are supposed to be a non profit with very few people getting paid

No LISC is set up as a non for profit organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is not what this thread is about. This thread is about scummy PR. Hope he does not return to LI. And why would he?

Because he's probably thinking about how he can dupe the generation of parents into buying his BS. Would it really surprise you if he tried?

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!