Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | EHYSL | GA
| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | NEAL | WYSL | CDYSL | Section 1 HS (West.) Boys |Girls

Forum Search
Fall 2021/Spring 2022
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
New York Soccer Club ELITE Academy Director's Futsal Camp
by Larry Miller - 11/29/21 12:46 PM
G2008:U14 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 11/29/21 11:48 AM
BOTN OPINION: It's time to say goodbye to USYSA
by Larry Miller - 11/29/21 11:46 AM
BHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 11/29/21 11:20 AM
G2007:U15 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 11/29/21 09:42 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (CJ Orlando, Larry Miller), 57 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics9,104
Posts533,982
Members15,078
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical trash East Meadow changing there brackets around 24hrs before tournament..

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the change? What was the impact and to whom?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EM set them selfs up ..let’s just say that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LGN is playing Susa G10 tomorrow at the EMSC Tournament. Let’s see who wins. LGN not a great showing today…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LGN is playing Susa G10 tomorrow at the EMSC Tournament. Let’s see who wins. LGN not a great showing today…

Scores updated Susa G10 - 8 vs LGN O

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical trash East Meadow changing there brackets around 24hrs before tournament..

So why do you support their club?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

It’s funny but every year EM seems to do the same thing, and every year you folks bitch, but you right back the next year. Why should they change their act?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

It’s funny but every year EM seems to do the same thing, and every year you folks bitch, but you right back the next year. Why should they change their act?

Need to make an effort to do exactly what is done to Susa tournaments. Stop supporting their actions. Complain about the parents east meadow is calling and how they manipulate brackets and everyone still goes....stop

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Need to make an effort to do exactly what is done to Susa tournaments. Stop supporting their actions. Complain about the parents east meadow is calling and how they manipulate brackets and everyone still goes....stop

This is complete BS as EM 2010 played in a much stronger bracket. The brackets were as follows:

Bracket #1 (EM, LISC, FC Stars, Surf), 3-way tie with the first 3 teams i listed and FC Stars advanced on goal differential.
Bracket 2 (Lake Grove, SUSA 10, PDA 2011, Rockville Center)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Need to make an effort to do exactly what is done to susa where every player is an ATM machine tournaments. Stop supporting their actions. Complain about the parents east meadow is calling and how they manipulate brackets and everyone still goes....stop

This is complete BS as EM 2010 played in a much stronger bracket. The brackets were as follows:

Bracket #1 (EM, LISC, FC Stars, Surf), 3-way tie with the first 3 teams i listed and FC Stars advanced on goal differential.
Bracket 2 (Lake Grove, susa where every player is an ATM machine 10, PDA 2011, Rockville Center)

Maybe a team or 2 dropped out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shocked by all the Crickets. Nobody mentioned how EM Torino finally got to play the SUSA 11 team. I know it wasn't the First team For Torino, but does anyone know the Score???? I'm sure SUSA must have beat that squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shocked by all the Crickets. Nobody mentioned how EM Torino finally got to play the SUSA 11 team. I know it wasn't the First team For Torino, but does anyone know the Score???? I'm sure SUSA must have beat that squad.
All the hoopla that Torino was the best 2010 team and better than the rest was swiftly put to rest. FCstars embarrassed them with what easily could have been 7-8 goals to 2. SUSA ended up beating FCStars by 2 clear goals to win the group. Hopefully Torino show up this weekend and comes up against SUSA10 for the final. That will be an ass whipping worth looking at, putting the entire debate from last season to rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the hoopla that Torino was the best 2010 team and better than the rest was swiftly put to rest. FCstars embarrassed them with what easily could have been 7-8 goals to 2. SUSA ended up beating FCStars by 2 clear goals to win the group. Hopefully Torino show up this weekend and comes up against SUSA10 for the final. That will be an ass whipping worth looking at, putting the entire debate from last season to rest.

Torino couldn’t keep up with any of those top teams at FC Stars tournament. Not even close. SUSA lost to PDA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Torino couldn’t keep up with any of those top teams at FC Stars tournament. Not even close. SUSA lost to PDA.

And you know this because you watched all 3 games they played, right? They did beat FC Stars this past weekend, so they clearly could keep up with a team. The other games were fairly close, even the PDA team which beat them by 3 goals as compared to the 2 goals SUSA lost by. We'll see what happens this season when EM and SUSA play each other.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Which lesson from Socrates never ceases to impress you?
(This is a translation of Francesca Dalle's answer )

Socrates had the reputation of being of great wisdom. One day someone came to visit him and said:

-You know what I just heard about your friend?- Wait a moment, replied Socrates, before you tell me, I would like to give you a test, that of the three sieves.- The three sieves?

- Before telling something about others, it is good to take the time to filter what you want to say. The first sieve is that of truth. Have you verified that what you are going to tell me is true?

- No, I only heard about it ...

- Very well. So you don't know if it's true. Let's continue with the second sieve, that of kindness. Is that something good you wanna tell me about my friend?

- Oh no, on the contrary!- So you want to tell me bad things about him and you don't even know if they're true. Maybe you can still pass the test, there is the third sieve left, that of utility. Does it help me to know what this friend would have done?

- Not really.

.- So, concluded Socrates, what you wanted to tell me is neither true, nor good, nor useful. So why did you want to tell me?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are the coach’s held for results. If your head is in the phone and not guiding the girls. Then stay home. Poor weekend for RM all of his teams lost

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RM runs the show. This is a taste of what’s to come in the next 4 years. Poor results because he clearly doesn’t give a fork. Try getting him on the phone to discuss a concern, or ask about minutes, or why aren’t we consistent with playing a strong 2010 team made up of the ones playing up, or even what type of team is this where only certain players get corrected and others go about making the same mistakes at their leisure. He’ll surely take your call.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you know this because you watched all 3 games they played, right? They did beat FC Stars this past weekend, so they clearly could keep up with a team. The other games were fairly close, even the PDA team which beat them by 3 goals as compared to the 2 goals susa lost by. We'll see what happens this season when EM and susa play each other.

So what happened when EM and susa played each other?? Wasn't that this weekend? Inquiring minds wants to know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RM runs the show. This is a taste of what’s to come in the next 4 years. Poor results because he clearly doesn’t give a fork. Try getting him on the phone to discuss a concern, or ask about minutes, or why aren’t we consistent with playing a strong 2010 team made up of the ones playing up, or even what type of team is this where only certain players get corrected and others go about making the same mistakes at their leisure. He’ll surely take your call.

Well said. My observation is that RM and GS at EM don't want to actually "work" at developing the players. RM & GS simply want to show up at the field and organize cones and set up their drills. What takes real effort and PASSION on the part of a trainer is communicating regularly with players/parents and giving players feedback on a regular basis and setting them up with their individual improvement plans which can foster development and help them contribute to the overall team. Of course, they like other clubs simply push one of the many soccer training apps instead of again, saying "Jack, you need to work on A,B, and C and these are the drills you need to get working on at home". They get away with the mentality of "see, we gave you other resources". The majority of trainers don't do this and it's pretty sad that this is the state of soccer not only on LI but probably in the U.S. For what they actually do and the results we've seen, I'd say they're grossly OVER-RATED. And as far as kids playing up, I don't understand the rationale unless you are truly exceptional and the competition "on-age" is just like playing intramurals. While the kids playing up are truly more developed than the next group of players on their respective teams, its not as if they could just waltz through their opponents scoring at will. So, why the need to "play up" if the opponents often present a good challenge. From what I see at EM, playing up has more to do with your teammates overall lack of developed skill and less to do with how well you play vs. the competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He has a difficulty communicating with other human beings. Ask him a question that he finds difficult and he flips and spits everywhere as he’s talking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You ever tried to engage GS in a conversation about your kid and soccer? Try it by sending him a message asking to meet after your next game or practice. See how quickly he will run for the hill. Does not apply if you’re in studio with him and paying extra.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You ever tried to engage GS in a conversation about your kid and soccer? Try it by sending him a message asking to meet after your next game or practice. See how quickly he will run for the hill. Does not apply if you’re in studio with him and paying extra.

How many calls did he take after the 2011 5-0 loss to Susa? Leave EMSC. There are better choices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many calls did he take after the 2011 5-0 loss to Susa? Leave EMSC. There are better choices.

LoL, my daughter said the same thing about him running off the field. GS is a very good individual/small group trainer but one of the most overrated sideline coaches on LI. Are you aware of parents actually calling after that game? In all fairness to any coach, you can only train the players on your team. The 5-0 loss was a much better SUSA team beating an EM “B” team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EM will struggle to get top players moving forward. SUSA just better option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LoL, my daughter said the same thing about him running off the field. GS is a very good individual/small group trainer but one of the most overrated sideline coaches on LI. Are you aware of parents actually calling after that game? In all fairness to any coach, you can only train the players on your team. The 5-0 loss was a much better SUSA team beating an EM “B” team.
Scoreline is a direct reflection on the quality of the training.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!