Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | EHYSL | GA
| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | NEAL | WYSL | CDYSL | Section 1 HS (West.) Boys |Girls

Forum Search
Fall 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Where are all the Referees?
by Anonymous - 10/16/21 07:16 PM
G2008:U14 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 10/16/21 04:02 PM
G2010:U12 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 10/16/21 03:20 PM
BHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 10/16/21 02:25 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Larry Miller), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
East Coast offers mediocre training at the same high price as all the latest flavors. They have one decent trainer and the rest are meh. There are at least 3 better local clubs surrounding EC that your kid will be better off at and you will save $$
Some very good players left local clubs to go to EC, for what? There are at least four players not happy with situation (playing time & position) at EC and are looking to exit.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East Coast offers mediocre training at the same high price as all the latest flavors. They have one decent trainer and the rest are meh. There are at least 3 better local clubs surrounding EC that your kid will be better off at and you will save $$

exactly, 3 better right next door...no one there is happy and each tryout season they lose tons of players and reload with more Wantagh Seaford Levittown SC players. Its been the same story for years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 3 clubs. Name them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a BOTN forum issue. Everyone says there are 3 better teams, there are 3 better trainers. No one ever names the 3 better....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the poster meant to say, if players stayed with their original teams those teams would be just as good. LI Soccer Club, Levitown, Syosset, NHP, Seaford, Franklin Sq, Garden City to name a few.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are all crazy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Massapequa
East Meadow
Levittown SC

All have produced better players and teams than EC can ever dream of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The better coaches/trainers do their best to keep their names off BOTN. Trust me, much better trainers out there compared to susa and the other pretend academies!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure they want to stay anonymous...smh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The better coaches/trainers do their best to keep their names off BOTN. Trust me, much better trainers out there compared to Susa and the other pretend academies!
How does one gauge a good trainer? Is it based solely on wins over one season? Development of players over a few seasons but poor win/loss record? What if a trainer has really good players that joined from other teams-- it's not really him that made them good players, is it? ? For the most part, each organization ('academy", town team) have at least 1 or 2 really good trainers and know what they are talking about and relate to players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The anonymous guy says trust me haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The better coaches/trainers do their best to keep their names off BOTN. Trust me, much better trainers out there compared to Susa and the other pretend academies!
How does one gauge a good trainer? Is it based solely on wins over one season? Development of players over a few seasons but poor win/loss record? What if a trainer has really good players that joined from other teams-- it's not really him that made them good players, is it? ? For the most part, each organization ('academy", town team) have at least 1 or 2 really good trainers and know what they are talking about and relate to players.

Most people only judge a trainer by wins & losses and don't care about development.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One easy way is how many players leave because they are tired of being yelled at or used to feed the ego of a trainer who desperately needs wins to feel better about themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 1 team in this age group has been together for more than 3 years, plays good soccer, and is competitive. They won the East Meadow tournament and beat all the “top teams” to win it. I would say that is good development.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 1 team in this age group has been together for more than 3 years, plays good soccer, and is competitive. They won the East Meadow tournament and beat all the “top teams” to win it. I would say that is good development.
Total B.S!! you can't say all current rostered players are with them for three years. They were not with you from U9. They came from LISC, Levitown, Wantagh, NHP and a few others. Prove me wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Total B.S!! you can't say all current rostered players are with them for three years. They were not with you from U9. They came from LISC, Levitown, Wantagh, NHP and a few others. Prove me wrong.

Good teams will always add top players and drop the lower ones. Thats how they stay on top. Who cares, they are the best

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard
Nobody Does It Better
Friends of BOTN

Newest Members
Espylber, 45Zero, KevinDraper, SoccermomMj, Branchburg TSC