Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | EHYSL | GA
| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | NEAL | WYSL | CDYSL | Section 1 HS (West.) Boys |Girls

Forum Search
Fall 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Where are all the Referees?
by Anonymous - 10/16/21 07:16 PM
G2008:U14 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 10/16/21 04:02 PM
G2010:U12 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 10/16/21 03:20 PM
BHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 10/16/21 02:25 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Larry Miller), 26 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EM 09 are a joke, probably 5 or 6 best team on Long Island

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If EM is that bad, who is better then them besides susa???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Susa lost to Matchfit?!?
Matchfit 09 team is very good - susa nowhere near their level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If EM is that bad, who is better then them besides SUSA???
World class!! We lost a couple girls over the last year and got some girls from the neighboring towns with some skills. Our team will be the ones to look out for over the next couple years. Hopeully we don't make the common mistakes and lose them to another club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A club ca do everything right, but unfortunaty us parents are the
crazy ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes LISC, SURF, top teams
Rest are a Joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LISC. Thats funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t LISC winless in GAL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t the great Meghan coaching the LISC 09 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes she is great, but of course not as great as the almighty Ruairí of EM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
leave Meghan alone, she is the best and LISC is #1. No one comes even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Almighty you say? Thanks for the laugh this morning. Show me one player he has developed? Show me a team he has built? The dude is blind to any girls with potential that has the skills to get to the next level. EM is a magnet so they get players from smaller clubs...Ruairi don’t know how to keep them though. Direct reflection of his coaching. So many home grown talent being overlooked because they don’t fit the mold-faster, quick, agile and big kick.

Meghan on the other hand takes it to a different level. She pays attention to her players and develops each of them at their pace. She recognizes potential and will take that player who isn’t there yet and turn them into a solid well rounded player. If your kid has all the ball skills in the world but is lacking a few key parts of their game like aggressiveness or game awareness, she will identify that and work with the player to help them to step up. All while building a team.

Not exactly almighty but more progressive than Ruairi and EM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Almighty you say? Thanks for the laugh this morning. Show me one player he has developed? Show me a team he has built? The dude is blind to any girls with potential that has the skills to get to the next level. EM is a magnet so they get players from smaller clubs...Ruairi don’t know how to keep them though. Direct reflection of his coaching. So many home grown talent being overlooked because they don’t fit the mold-faster, quick, agile and big kick.

Meghan on the other hand takes it to a different level. She pays attention to her players and develops each of them at their pace. She recognizes potential and will take that player who isn’t there yet and turn them into a solid well rounded player. If your kid has all the ball skills in the world but is lacking a few key parts of their game like aggressiveness or game awareness, she will identify that and work with the player to help them to step up. All while building a team.

Not exactly almighty but more progressive than Ruairi and EM.
It was a joke(you mentioned you laughed this morning), I agree with you. He is awful, he with the help of JG are destroying the EM program.

Meghan and Ruairi don't even compare, totally different level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If EM is that bad, who is better then them besides SUSA???
World class!! We lost a couple girls over the last year and got some girls from the neighboring towns with some skills. Our team will be the ones to look out for over the next couple years. Hopeully we don't make the common mistakes and lose them to another club.

So WC raided clarkstown and maybe even torpedoes as usual?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is he so bad? They seem to have competitive teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is he so bad? They seem to have competitive teams
See above. He inherits teams and doesn't seem to have the motivation to entertain players that are nothing but exceptional. Parents see through this and that starts the revolving door. Almost impossible to keep a team together with that coaching mindset.

EM attracts players who are looking to step up their game through the club's past success. So they will always have teams playing competitively. Are they performing well is another question? Their track record at Elite level is abysmal-can't figure out why they are still fielding teams there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop bashing EM, maybe your kid was cut from ECNL team or just not good enough to make team. Chances are you are an LISC parent who's kid Ruairi deemed not good enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop bashing EM, maybe your kid was cut from ECNL team or just not good enough to make team. Chances are you are an LISC parent who's kid Ruairi deemed not good enough.
In comes the EM troll right on time..just like clockwork! And as usual your head is in the ground so you usually don’t make much sense. So here goes-would it be possible if I were a parent that refused to play for your god send Ruairi? BTW, as you would already know he cut only 2 players from his lineup. The both play down a division. How about the possibility of being one of the many players that voluntarily seemed training elsewhere because of what’s being stated above. By extension that is an EM problem so the bashing will be your issue where you choose to admit it or not. I’ll tell you this much 3 parents are already looking for an alternate Nassau based club after your piss poor showing in the 2 tourneys and your season hasn’t started as of yet. After the bloodbath next weekend, come back in here and let’s talk. Lol BTW Ruairi doesn’t have kids on his team that he can afford to cut. Every ECNL team lists 20 girls for the least. He is going around begging to take his numbers up from 14 players. So come back with more BS and get beaten down to size.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In comes the EM troll right on time..just like clockwork! And as usual your head is in the ground so you usually don’t make much sense. So here goes-would it be possible if I were a parent that refused to play for your god send Ruairi? BTW, as you would already know he cut only 2 players from his lineup. The both play down a division. How about the possibility of being one of the many players that voluntarily seemed training elsewhere because of what’s being stated above. By extension that is an EM problem so the bashing will be your issue where you choose to admit it or not. I’ll tell you this much 3 parents are already looking for an alternate Nassau based club after your piss poor showing in the 2 tourneys and your season hasn’t started as of yet. After the bloodbath next weekend, come back in here and let’s talk. Lol BTW Ruairi doesn’t have kids on his team that he can afford to cut. Every ECNL team lists 20 girls for the least. He is going around begging to take his numbers up from 14 players. So come back with more BS and get beaten down to size.

Well put, you forgot to mention that EM is having an ECNL ID clinic, season just started and already looking for players. Also should mention there were over 20 girls on the roster last year and currently there is only 6 left from last year. That should tell you something about the organization and coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your kids clearly dont play for EM, which begs the question why do you care so much? What kind of person goes out of there was to bash a youth soccer club and the kids on that team as "not good enough"? Especially fit they aren't there anymore! I'd suggest some serious self reflection. It reminds me of a story i heard about Pep Guardiola (if you're not sure who he is, i dont know what to tell you).

“Around 2013, a kids’ indoor soccer tournament in Rockville Centre, New York, found itself a referee short,” writes Kuper.
“One of the organisers asked the parents: Does anyone know the rules well enough to call a game? A Hispanic-looking man in a baseball cap volunteered.“But he turned out to interpret his role rather broadly. He kept stopping the game to advise both teams on positioning. The watching parents, who had come to see their kids win, grew antsy. ‘Come on! Let them play!’ they shouted.
“The guy in the baseball cap, on sabbatical in New York after four draining seasons at Barça, was Pep Guardiola.”

This anecdote says a lot about parents at soccer. Dont be that type of parent who is yelling... move on with your life. Root for your kids. Applaud them when they do well and dont degrade other people and their kids who are playing a game just because you're not at that club anymore (you were clearly there in the past). I just cant with these comments. It's absurd... makes me sorry i ever discovered this website...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which three players are looking to leave?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Which three players are looking to leave?

Larry, Curly, & Moe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your kids clearly dont play for EM, which begs the question why do you care so much? What kind of person goes out of there was to bash a youth soccer club and the kids on that team as "not good enough"? Especially fit they aren't there anymore! I'd suggest some serious self reflection. It reminds me of a story i heard about Pep Guardiola (if you're not sure who he is, i dont know what to tell you).

“Around 2013, a kids’ indoor soccer tournament in Rockville Centre, New York, found itself a referee short,” writes Kuper.
“One of the organisers asked the parents: Does anyone know the rules well enough to call a game? A Hispanic-looking man in a baseball cap volunteered.“But he turned out to interpret his role rather broadly. He kept stopping the game to advise both teams on positioning. The watching parents, who had come to see their kids win, grew antsy. ‘Come on! Let them play!’ they shouted.
“The guy in the baseball cap, on sabbatical in New York after four draining seasons at Barça, was Pep Guardiola.”

This anecdote says a lot about parents at soccer. Dont be that type of parent who is yelling... move on with your life. Root for your kids. Applaud them when they do well and dont degrade other people and their kids who are playing a game just because you're not at that club anymore (you were clearly there in the past). I just cant with these comments. It's absurd... makes me sorry i ever discovered this website...
This is a completely unsurprising story and sad both because no one recognized Pep and that they didnt appreciate that this positional teaching was as priceless a moment as they could receive.

I saw Pep G walking in Manhattan near Central park a few times over the years. He apparently likes being in NYC alot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the irony is this is all poetic justice handing back to EM. Cute anecdote but not relevant to the lesson. If you don't get it by now then unfortunately ur beyond help. After what i think might be 4-5 years at EM that club has treated families like garbage, and yes we are no longer there. I think everyone else gets what is happening over there. Especially with the 09 girls to the point where they are the only club still looking for players. Why is that? Do you have a Pep anecdote for that as well? lets have it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hell hath no fury like a soccer parent scored... move on with your life...

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard
Nobody Does It Better
Friends of BOTN

Newest Members
Espylber, 45Zero, KevinDraper, SoccermomMj, Branchburg TSC