Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | EHYSL | GA
| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | NEAL | WYSL | CDYSL | Section 1 HS (West.) Boys |Girls

Forum Search
Fall 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Where are all the Referees?
by Anonymous - 10/16/21 07:16 PM
G2008:U14 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 10/16/21 04:02 PM
G2010:U12 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 10/16/21 03:20 PM
BHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 10/16/21 02:25 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Larry Miller), 43 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
I have been sent the following document, 'A Message from R. Christiano on Tournaments/Competitions', which I am sharing with you. Click on the link below for a further update on this ongoing situation....

I'm a little surprised that they didn't mention the whole "We aren't going to issue permission to travel." to the games when they are switched back to New Jersey. But I guess that people will find that out soon enough.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been sent the following document, 'A Message from R. Christiano on Tournaments/Competitions', which I am sharing with you. Click on the link below for a further update on this ongoing situation....

You won't find any registered referees in ENYYSA doing these games nor will you find any assignor who will assign these games in ENYYSA. They are unsanctioned and the only thing that can come out of this is the referee/assignor being liable for an injury, fight, or something else where lawsuits happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there you have it, unbelievable. Hopefully they do the right thing and approve permissions to travel if teams decide to do so

Although I don’t agree with your backing of Enyysa not finding a common ground to allow this EDP cup to take place considering the level of interest, I do appreciate the updates

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous

And there you have it, unbelievable. Hopefully they do the right thing and approve permissions to travel if teams decide to do so

Although I don’t agree with your backing of Enyysa not finding a common ground to allow this EDP cup to take place considering the level of interest, I do appreciate the updates

Again, you are wrong, but forgiven since you are in on the back channel chatter. I can say that common ground was offered ny ENYYSA, but declined by EDP/Grossman.

This situation must be a bit humbling to the great EDP, but it is what it is smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EDP was brought in to take over region 1 with the explicit understanding that they wouldn't compete with the ENYYSA state cups or the ENYYSA affiliated travel leagues. Then EDP teamed up with NYCSL to create cups and leagues that would compete directly with the ENYYSA state cups and ENYYSA local travel leagues. I fail to see how that isn't 100% on EDP and NYCSL.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

EDP was brought in to take over region 1 with the explicit understanding that they wouldn't compete with the ENYYSA state cups or the ENYYSA affiliated travel leagues. Then EDP teamed up with NYCSL to create cups and leagues that would compete directly with the ENYYSA state cups and ENYYSA local travel leagues. I fail to see how that isn't 100% on EDP and NYCSL.

I thought the brain trust at EDP would have been smart enough to understand what they would be getting hooking up with Grossman, but I guess the money had them too tempted and they went over to the dark side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a little surprised that they didn't mention the whole "We aren't going to issue permission to travel." to the games when they are switched back to New Jersey. But I guess that people will find that out soon enough.

Why do people keep thinking that ENYYSA won't approve permission to travel. We have never had an issue with ENYYSA not approving permission to travel.

Here, ENYYSA is saying the issue is referee availability, which we all know is a problem. If you want to play in a sanctioned tournament in another state and therefore would not compromise referee availability for ENYYSA league games, why would ENYYSA care?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All about the $$$...EDP trying to squash the state associations and crush their respective state cups. When does the EDP contract with USYS expire?? Doe the state associations have any input if the agreement with USYS should continue?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any team can travel to NJ and play there.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Why do people keep thinking that ENYYSA won't approve permission to travel. We have never had an issue with ENYYSA not approving permission to travel.

Here, ENYYSA is saying the issue is referee availability, which we all know is a problem. If you want to play in a sanctioned tournament in another state and therefore would not compromise referee availability for ENYYSA league games, why would ENYYSA care?

My understanding after exhaustive chats with them is they don't. ENYYSA does not care if you want to play in EDP Cup in New Jersey.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Correct-a-mundo. Just obtain a Permission to Travel and you should be good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My understanding after exhaustive chats with them is they don't. ENYYSA does not care if you want to play in EDP Cup in New Jersey.

If that’s the case it sounds extremely fair considering the circumstances

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As long as you get the "Permission to Travel" form approved by your state organization (ENYYSA).

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I’d like to clarify something that not only I wrote but that others wrote as well.

You do not need a permission to travel to any sanctioned USYSA event, so if the EDP Cup is sanctioned by USYSA you don’t need permission to travel, you just need an E-Z Pass!

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Let me also post a direct quote sent to me by the ENYYSA president....

"Someone said that we would restrict the players from going to NJ to play and that is false. A player registered in ENYYSA has full coverage while attending a sanctioned event. Keyword being sanctioned."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what you are saying is by ENYYSA stating that the cup is an unsanctioned tournament no ENYYSA teams would be able to participate. Regardless where the games are being played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's only not sanctioned if the games are in ENYYSA. If a team want to play in NJ they have the right to. You just wont see any of these games hosted in NY

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
So what you are saying is by ENYYSA stating that the cup is an unsanctioned tournament no ENYYSA teams would be able to participate. Regardless where the games are being played.

I never said the tournament was unsanctioned. You’re saying the tournament is unsanctioned and that’s not true. The tournament is sanctioned in the state of New Jersey. If you want to play you can but you have to play the games in New Jersey

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never said the tournament was unsanctioned. You’re saying the tournament is unsanctioned and that’s not true. The tournament is sanctioned in the state of New Jersey. If you want to play you can but you have to play the games in New Jersey

Yes my mistake. I read the document again. Thanks for the clarification.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d like to clarify something that not only I wrote but that others wrote as well.

You do not need a permission to travel to any sanctioned USYSA event, so if the EDP Cup is sanctioned by USYSA you don’t need permission to travel, you just need an E-Z Pass!

And dealing with the traffic, the long drive, and a full-day commitment for a single game. Good times!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does the official announcement come out that EDP Cup is being played in NJ?

I will post that letter around 2:45p today

Should I get the popcorn or the scotch out?

Both : )

Like Reply Quote
T
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
T
yeah sounds like a joy. soccer in US is a massive chore. lot of my friends with kids have opted against it.

Helllo
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Tloader2
yeah sounds like a joy. soccer in US is a massive chore. lot of my friends with kids have opted against it.

Other than football all youth sports have become like this. When I was a kid on the best of the best played travel ball and the competition at all levels was better. Now you have parents shelling out thousands of dollar a year to play on a "C" team instead of playing with their local town teams. I really need the parent of a "C" team player to explain the rational around that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Tloader2

Other than football all youth sports have become like this. When I was a kid on the best of the best played travel ball and the competition at all levels was better. Now you have parents shelling out thousands of dollar a year to play on a "C" team instead of playing with their local town teams. I really need the parent of a "C" team player to explain the rational around that.

Gotta keep up with the Joneses, town team has a bunch of scrubs, the trainer will make your kid a star and get that college scholarship, looking at my kid through those rose colored glasses. Take your pick.

Like Reply Quote
T
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
T
yeah those hours sitting in a car could be spent with a ball see as most players only touch the ball for a few minutes a game. in 90 mins the ball is in play for 60mins/20 players that is 3 mins each. going to be hard for US to consistently promote world class kids like other places in the world.

Helllo
Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard
Nobody Does It Better
Friends of BOTN

Newest Members