Forum Search
Scores & Standings
Fall 2022/Spring 2023
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '23 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2023
Challenge Cup
NY State Open Cup
ENY Qualifying League
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G 2011 LEVITTOWN WILDCATS
by peter cavanaugh - 02/05/23 09:23 AM
B2010:U13 Fall 2022/Spring 2023
by Anonymous - 02/04/23 02:08 PM
Boys High School (School Ball Fall 2022)
by Anonymous - 02/03/23 08:29 PM
Spend Your Memorial Day At The Gettysburg Blue Gray Cup!
by Larry Miller - 02/03/23 01:13 PM
B2011:U12 Fall 2022/Spring 2023
by Anonymous - 02/03/23 12:27 PM
BOTN Translation
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well, kind of right - club v club and Premier I are the same level, think the mid Atlantic blue and red divisions. EDP might be able to continue with the Premier III and IV, because the are listed as premier flights and don’t take away from the local ENYSA leagues, per their agreement- correct Larry?


I have only followed certain age groups in NYCSL, specifically 08' Boys. I would agree that some teams in NYCSL Club vs Club division, like AC CT 08' and Brentwood 08' Man City, are at Premier 1 level. BUT others that are in the Club Vs Club division, are definitely at Premier 2/3 level. Three points supporting this observation:

1. That's why AC CT 08' stopped playing there in the 2020-21 season. In the end they will likely join Premier 1 as will Brentwood 08' Man City. Those two teams were winning each game 6-0, 8-0, 12-0 in the Club V Club. In the end these names Premier1, 2, 3 are all less about prestige and more about finding the right level of pairings for good competitive matches.

I think that was the drawback of that Club V Club division, as it had no clear promotion/relegation rules. Now these teams can stay in that division but if they want better competition they will have to qualify into Premier1 and 2.

2. Barca Academy 08' has its top team playing in the Premier 1 division and the second team playing the Club V Club division.


3. For at least the 08' age group, if you look at team performances (hence rankings), the teams and divisions in the new EDP (Premier 1,2,3) pretty much sort out based on their rankings (as long they are in the same region). Only Club v Club stands out as on odd collection of teams ranked as high as #1 (Brentwood 08' Man City) plus others at #50's and #70's in the NYE region.

Who are you writing this to? Who do you imagine would want to read this?

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is playing at Valencia, East Coast, Barca, i have some swamp land i'd like to talk to you about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, GG is telling everyone that his NYCSL is not dead, that his league will be run by him through his new position at EDP.

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So, GG is telling everyone that his NYCSL is not dead, that his league will be run by him through his new position at EDP.


Gary "Soccer slut, soccer whore, con man, and liar" Grossman doesnt skip a beat. Part of this totally false claim of his, which I have heard from others comes because he doesnt know what is really going on, so let me tell you what I can.

Gary didnt give or sell NYCSL to EDP. gary grossman had it taken away because he stepped over the line too many times and is totally busted. Here is another thing you folks might want to know, and that is that is no longer an NYCSL or an NYCS after the Fall season.

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 693
Likes: 2
C
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
C
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 693
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Cross It 4 Fun
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is what these soccer whores get for scamming parents out of their $$$. Parents though are not innocent.... you folks contributed to the whoring. Hope you are all happy now!!

Please give an example of nycsl scamming money from parents. Honest question

Here are a few examples
NPL
ECNL 2
East Coast

How are those examples? Do the participating parties not get what they are paying for?

NPL- 1-GG allowed SUSA to “ buy” their way into NPL.when SUSA purchased ISA….ISA had merged with KK and they were in nPL. GG wpuld not allow KK into Npl they had to play in lower league for a year.
2-Barca “bought” their way into NPL dud not need to play in lower league like KK
ECNL2 - GG just tried to moved NPL clubs into ECNL2 no such sanctioned league was NPL
East Coast - Was an all NJ league that had access NY Cup.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So, GG is telling everyone that his NYCSL is not dead, that his league will be run by him through his new position at EDP.


Gary "Soccer slut, soccer whore, con man, and liar" Grossman doesnt skip a beat. Part of this totally false claim of his, which I have heard from others comes because he doesnt know what is really going on, so let me tell you what I can.

Gary did give or sell NYCSL to EDP. gary grossman had it taken away because he stepped over the line too many times and is totally busted. Here is another thing you folks might want to know, and that is that is no longer an NYCSL or an NYCS after the Fall season

All clubs had to pay registration for Fall and Spring in EDP NYCS. Do you think there will be refunds or is it small claims court for GG spring refund?

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So, GG is telling everyone that his NYCSL is not dead, that his league will be run by him through his new position at EDP.


Gary "Soccer slut, soccer whore, con man, and liar" Grossman doesnt skip a beat. Part of this totally false claim of his, which I have heard from others comes because he doesnt know what is really going on, so let me tell you what I can.

Gary did give or sell NYCSL to EDP. gary grossman had it taken away because he stepped over the line too many times and is totally busted. Here is another thing you folks might want to know, and that is that is no longer an NYCSL or an NYCS after the Fall season

All clubs had to pay registration for Fall and Spring in EDP NYCS. Do you think there will be refunds or is it small claims court for GG spring refund?

I would expect if that is true either EDP will refund or the money will go towards the new Spring setup, but you raise a fair question.

Grossman, the guy who conned you has taken residence in Florida and EDP is in NJ. I think you have a small claims problem, but the better news is you can file against USYSA who did get some of the money, and I bet they will have a chat with EDP 😺

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the league cup still a thing?

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is the league cup still a thing?

No comment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would imagine any money that changed hands was tied to teams, so look for "G" to tray and stabilize the platform, bring it back is some new form, and then re-sell for good. Rumor is he still wants out, but he wants the money more

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would imagine any money that changed hands was tied to teams, so look for "G" to tray and stabilize the platform, bring it back is some new form, and then re-sell for good. Rumor is he still wants out, but he wants the money more


YOUR POST IS NONSENSICAL. Grossman is done. Bring what back to be sanctioned by whom? Grossman is done being in control and handing out favors unless you or anyone can tell me what I am missing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here’s a legit question. Why isn’t SUSA being sanctioned for their part in this mess. They bought favors. Shouldn’t that also be a problem for these governing bodies?

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here’s a legit question. Why isn’t SUSA being sanctioned for their part in this mess. They bought favors. Shouldn’t that also be a problem for these governing bodies?

Prove it. If what you say is true, the sanctioning league should have taken action, and that league was NYCSL, but they weren't sanctioned :-)

The fish stinks from the head. Moving forward into the Spring all these shenanigans from every academy and/or club will cease. I guarantee it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least there is that! Thanks, Larry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here’s a legit question. Why isn’t SUSA being sanctioned for their part in this mess. They bought favors. Shouldn’t that also be a problem for these governing bodies?

Prove it. If what you say is true, the sanctioning league should have taken action, and that league was NYCSL, but they weren't sanctioned :-)

The fish stinks from the head. Moving forward into the Spring all these shenanigans from every academy and/or club will cease. I guarantee it.

Never underestimate someone when their back is against the wall. There’s no guarantees,I still say gg tries something but time will tell

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here’s a legit question. Why isn’t SUSA being sanctioned for their part in this mess. They bought favors. Shouldn’t that also be a problem for these governing bodies?

Prove it. If what you say is true, the sanctioning league should have taken action, and that league was NYCSL, but they weren't sanctioned :-)

The fish stinks from the head. Moving forward into the Spring all these shenanigans from every academy and/or club will cease. I guarantee it.

Never underestimate someone when their back is against the wall. There’s no guarantees,I still say gg tries something but time will tell

Yes, I agree he will try something...but I dont see him succeeding. Too many clubs and teams know his con, and so do the sanctioning bodies, and finally, I dont think he has been read into what the plan for the Spring is and if it stays as it was described to me, I dont see where there is any room for him, nor do I see anything left of the NYCSL left for him to work with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry , as long as the sanctioning bodies see the possibility of making money from those so call "academies " that made 95% of NYCSL, they will bend rules or grandfather them

into what they will view as a legit league , be it LIJSL or anyone else out there.

You have academies that come up with club names not even registered in any states , NYCSL turned a blind eyes because those type registers 6-8 teams with them.

Player fraud is rampant within them because NYCSL did nothing to those caught.

ENYYSA had enough only because NYCSL was infringing on their bottom line by enticing ENYYSA carded teams to play NYCSL cups.

This is a money's game, as long as their is money to be made with what Grossman or whoever will fill his void, the sanctioning bodies will turn a blind eye.

"""nor do I see anything left of the NYCSL left for him to work with.""

So I'm not sure what they have planned for spring, GG may be gone in the shadow, but the mess he created on the island will outlive him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what will be the choices for kids in the academies come Spring ? Hopefully they don t have to go back to the town Clubs ?

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So what will be the choices for kids in the academies come Spring ? Hopefully they don t have to go back to the town Clubs ?

No, they wont unless they want to.

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,667
Likes: 70
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Larry , as long as the sanctioning bodies see the possibility of making money from those so call "academies " that made 95% of NYCSL, they will bend rules or grandfather them

into what they will view as a legit league , be it LIJSL or anyone else out there.

You have academies that come up with club names not even registered in any states , NYCSL turned a blind eyes because those type registers 6-8 teams with them.

Player fraud is rampant within them because NYCSL did nothing to those caught.

ENYYSA had enough only because NYCSL was infringing on their bottom line by enticing ENYYSA carded teams to play NYCSL cups.

This is a money's game, as long as their is money to be made with what Grossman or whoever will fill his void, the sanctioning bodies will turn a blind eye.

"""nor do I see anything left of the NYCSL left for him to work with.""

So I'm not sure what they have planned for spring, GG may be gone in the shadow, but the mess he created on the island will outlive him.

I have no idea what you are trying point out or say. I think you have thoughts, but I see nothing of reality in anything you wrote.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have link to brackets under the new league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
""Hopefully they don t have to go back to the town Clubs ?""

Why are people so negative about "town club" , they are the ones who "formed" those players so they can get them noticed and poached by those so called academies.

Show me one academy who had these players since they were introduced to the game.

definitely no Susa!!! and so many others

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It depends i guess which town , some of them do a good job . Just where I am around it is not even close . More than half of the kids in my town play elsewhere .
Yes some of the "academies " could be expensive and only as good as the coach coaching the team but still much much better for the kids that are looking for more.
Again not all towns are the same .

So these academies will have a league to play in the island in the Spring Larry ? thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It depends i guess which town , some of them do a good job . Just where I am around it is not even close . More than half of the kids in my town play elsewhere .
Yes some of the "academies " could be expensive and only as good as the coach coaching the team but still much much better for the kids that are looking for more.
Again not all towns are the same .

So these academies will have a league to play in the island in the Spring Larry ? thank you

Of course they will. it was never in question

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A poster did list it above, but way more rules were being bent on the NYCSL side because it was all about the money. Very lax oversight on rosters, eligibility and date of birth enforcement. And then you had to schedule your own matches, just shows you it was just about collecting money as a league from academies that were also just interested in money.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard
Nobody Does It Better
BOTN PROMOTE
Promote Your Events
Spring & Summer '23
Camps & Clinics
NYSC Summer Select
NYSC 1/2 Day Summer
Friends of BOTN

Newest Members
keithrambo, dwacomp, PresDixHillsSC, FutsalKing, Tonna5
15,162 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 31 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics9,254
Posts538,393
Members15,162
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Random Photos
Good Jams & Hot Licks 22

Click Here!