Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA
| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | NEAL | ENY State Cup | WYSL | CDYSL | Section 1 HS (West.) Boys |Girls

Forum Search
Fall 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2008:U14 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 08:53 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by Larry Miller - 09/20/21 08:46 PM
BHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 06:41 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 06:12 PM
G2009:U13 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 06:01 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 48 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - Yes. Still club v club but those looking for more competition can leave and go to premier 1 or 2 if they qualify
2- see above
3 - There will only be USYS premier 1 and 2. The others are just part of NYCS and we will see what happens in the spring. EDP has an agreement not to infringe on LI soccer with the lower premier divisions.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, kind of right - club v club and Premier I are the same level, think the mid Atlantic blue and red divisions. EDP might be able to continue with the Premier III and IV, because the are listed as premier flights and don’t take away from the local ENYSA leagues, per their agreement- correct Larry?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well, kind of right - club v club and Premier I are the same level, think the mid Atlantic blue and red divisions. EDP might be able to continue with the Premier III and IV, because the are listed as premier flights and don’t take away from the local ENYSA leagues, per their agreement- correct Larry?

I dont think so. The III and IV are what Grossman is hired to work with and he is persona non-grata on the Island.

I hope so news and clarity on this matter as early as this weekend. Cue up People Are Talking by The Heartbeats.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
More 'dictums' from USYSA to EDP....

The intent of this concept was for Gary’s current teams. It was not an invitation to advertise for or indirectly poach from any other ENYYSA sanctioned league. Any further evidence of the sort will be grounds for this solution to be eliminated. An email that came out last week listing many clubs that are primarily with other ENYYSA member leagues is misleading and could be an example of trying to poach.

I’m (USYSA) concerned about the 8U thru 10U programming that is being labeled as "National League Futures". That is not consistent with our philosophy and can not be a part of this solution. The National League mark is owned by USYS and no permission was ever given for this use. It must be removed from anything and everything in the marketplace.

Lastly, it was raised that EDP is steering teams away from registering players with their current member leagues. We have been told of Facebook posts, emails etc. If this is true, that simply needs to end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

The intent of this concept was for Gary’s current teams. It was not an invitation to advertise for or indirectly poach from any other ENYYSA sanctioned league. Any further evidence of the sort will be grounds for this solution to be eliminated. An email that came out last week listing many clubs that are primarily with other ENYYSA member leagues is misleading and could be an example of trying to poach.

I’m (USYSA) concerned about the 8U thru 10U programming that is being labeled as "National League Futures". That is not consistent with our philosophy and can not be a part of this solution. The National League mark is owned by USYS and no permission was ever given for this use. It must be removed from anything and everything in the marketplace.

Lastly, it was raised that EDP is steering teams away from registering players with their current member leagues. We have been told of Facebook posts, emails etc. If this is true, that simply needs to end.

What a total complete mess. All I get from this all is us club are a bunch of idiots, that they can’t capitalize on all this.

There’s clearly a HUGE market for teams clubs that liked the gg nycsl model. Usys and enyysa are only delaying the inevitable it seems

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

What a total complete mess. All I get from this all is us club are a bunch of idiots, that they can’t capitalize on all this.

There’s clearly a HUGE market for teams clubs that liked the gg nycsl model. Usys and enyysa are only delaying the inevitable it seems

One thing you all need to embrace and understand referring to your "here’s clearly a HUGE market for teams clubs that liked the gg nycsl model" comment is that much of what he did is what caused him to be sent packing. How do you feel that all of last year, fall & Spring", all those GS points you were chasing as per GG are probably not going your way because his operation wasn't kosher. Can I sell you another bridge?

Nothing prevents you or anyone from replicating exactly what GG did. You will not be sanctioned, or insured, wont qualify for GS points, but you will have what you want, or you can play by the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EDP and NYCSL both released the new Fall 2021 alignments. In the newly released alignment the USYS National Conference still has the Club vs Club division that came from NYCSL. The EDP says clearly its top two divisions are PremierI and PremierII. Looking at the rankings of the teams in these three divisions, it does look like the Club vs Club is like a PremierII/III level.

My question is for Fall 2021:
1. Will there be 3 divisions - Club vs Club, PremierI, and PremierII?
2. Or will teams from Club vs Club get absorbed into PremierI, PremierII, PremierIII divisions (either in Fall 2021 or Spring 2022)?
3. For divisions below PremierI and PremierII, the influx of many clubs from NYCSL will create a need for more Premier or Championship divisions. Will the NYCSL clubs be placed in EDP Premier divisions or Championship divisions?

Premier
Super premier
Super duper premier
Super duper premier blue / white/ etc

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Us club can take over where usys enyysa is ending gg, it’s that simple. At that point all the rules and limitations they are setting up for themselves won’t apply

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what about U15 and up? Why don't they have a Premier I, Premier II, and Club v Club listed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U15 doesn’t start till October HS season comes first

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what about U15 and up? Why don't they have a Premier I, Premier II, and Club v Club listed?

They play late fall, or not at all in the fall, so that's not all settled yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Cross It 4 Fun
This is what these soccer whores get for scamming parents out of their $$$. Parents though are not innocent.... you folks contributed to the whoring. Hope you are all happy now!!

Please give an example of nycsl scamming money from parents. Honest question

Here are a few examples
NPL
ECNL 2
East Coast

What did East Coast scam? My son was going to play there but we got a pretty bad vibe and went elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have only followed certain age groups in NYCSL, specifically 08' Boys. I would agree that some teams in NYCSL Club vs Club division, like AC CT 08' and Brentwood 08' Man City, are at Premier 1 level. BUT others that are in the Club Vs Club division, are definitely at Premier 2/3 level. Three points supporting this observation:

1. That's why AC CT 08' stopped playing there in the 2020-21 season. In the end they will likely join Premier 1 as will Brentwood 08' Man City. Those two teams were winning each game 6-0, 8-0, 12-0 in the Club V Club. In the end these names Premier1, 2, 3 are all less about prestige and more about finding the right level of pairings for good competitive matches.

I think that was the drawback of that Club V Club division, as it had no clear promotion/relegation rules. Now these teams can stay in that division but if they want better competition they will have to qualify into Premier1 and 2.

2. Barca Academy 08' has its top team playing in the Premier 1 division and the second team playing the Club V Club division.

3. For at least the 08' age group, if you look at team performances (hence rankings), the teams and divisions in the new EDP (Premier 1,2,3) pretty much sort out based on their rankings (as long they are in the same region). Only Club v Club stands out as on odd collection of teams ranked as high as #1 (Brentwood 08' Man City) plus others at #50's and #70's in the NYE region.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have only followed certain age groups in NYCSL, specifically 08' Boys. I would agree that some teams in NYCSL Club vs Club division, like AC CT 08' and Brentwood 08' Man City, are at Premier 1 level. BUT others that are in the Club Vs Club division, are definitely at Premier 2/3 level. Three points supporting this observation:

1. That's why AC CT 08' stopped playing there in the 2020-21 season. In the end they will likely join Premier 1 as will Brentwood 08' Man City. Those two teams were winning each game 6-0, 8-0, 12-0 in the Club V Club. In the end these names Premier1, 2, 3 are all less about prestige and more about finding the right level of pairings for good competitive matches.

I think that was the drawback of that Club V Club division, as it had no clear promotion/relegation rules. Now these teams can stay in that division but if they want better competition they will have to qualify into Premier1 and 2.

2. Barca Academy 08' has its top team playing in the Premier 1 division and the second team playing the Club V Club division.

3. For at least the 08' age group, if you look at team performances (hence rankings), the teams and divisions in the new EDP (Premier 1,2,3) pretty much sort out based on their rankings (as long they are in the same region). Only Club v Club stands out as on odd collection of teams ranked as high as #1 (Brentwood 08' Man City) plus others at #50's and #70's in the NYE region.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When nothing changes and NYCS continues on through the Fall & Spring and onward as a viable soccer league are we going to get another thread titled the Final Final Final Chapter? There is a large difference between reporting what is happening and trying to will a storyline into existence.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
When nothing changes and NYCS continues on through the Fall & Spring and onward as a viable soccer league are we going to get another thread titled the Final Final Final Chapter? There is a large difference between reporting what is happening and trying to will a storyline into existence.

So, if I am reading your post correctly, you think all I've written, and the documentation provided is just me willing a story? You think things will continue in the Spring as they are in this Fall season? You sure are a smart guy to see through all of this. You got me!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EAST COAST HAS A TRAINER WHO THINKS HES GODS GIFT TO SOCCER MARIANO AND NOT RIVERA LOL HES SO GOOD THATS WHY HE'S AT EAST COAST

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the blooom is off the rose at east coast and without a league come spring, they are toast!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the blooom is off the rose at east coast and without a league come spring, they are toast!

What about Valencia FC, what will they do? My son just signed there and there has been no communication and will transpire for the teams come the Fall and Spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about Valencia FC, what will they do? My son just signed there and there has been no communication and will transpire for the teams come the Fall and Spring.

Academies including Valencia will be fine. This is all to save lijsl as every season that goes by they become closer and closer to being extinct

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Academies including Valencia will be fine. This is all to save lijsl as every season that goes by they become closer and closer to being extinct

Lol, LIJSL has as many teams and players than it ever has.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice Try. You sound like a Gary i once knew. Truth is LIJSL has more teams then they have had in years. I think many LI clubs and parents are quite content with what LIJSL offers. The running all over gods green earth for matches isnt what its cracked up to be and more and more people are realizing that. Same reason low level academies are struggling. Either be in with the big boys with their big time leagues, big time costs and big time travel like, susa, East Meadow, LISC or just play LIJSL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice Try. You sound like a Gary i once knew. Truth is LIJSL has more teams then they have had in years. I think many LI clubs and parents are quite content with what LIJSL offers. The running all over gods green earth for matches isnt what its cracked up to be and more and more people are realizing that. Same reason low level academies are struggling. Either be in with the big boys with their big time leagues, big time costs and big time travel like, SUSA, East Meadow, LISC or just play LIJSL

And you sound like every parent who thinks their kid is the next Messi when they rarely pick their head up, pass, or even practice outside of their assigned two hours a week. Some kids may not be the best of the best, but they certainly want more than their town offers through the same retread trainers and overly involved dad coaches who took the 4 v 4 course but really know nothing about the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice Try. You sound like a Gary i once knew. Truth is LIJSL has more teams then they have had in years. I think many LI clubs and parents are quite content with what LIJSL offers. The running all over gods green earth for matches isnt what its cracked up to be and more and more people are realizing that. Same reason low level academies are struggling. Either be in with the big boys with their big time leagues, big time costs and big time travel like, SUSA, East Meadow, LISC or just play LIJSL

And you sound like every parent who thinks their kid is the next Messi when they rarely pick their head up, pass, or even practice outside of their assigned two hours a week. Some kids may not be the best of the best, but they certainly want more than their town offers through the same retread trainers and overly involved dad coaches who took the 4 v 4 course but really know nothing about the game.

Sounds more like that's what you want. Kids are happy playing the game, it's the parents that care more about the status club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And have the dad who never coached or played who’s only volunteered to give his kid guaranteed playing time? I’ll pass

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard
Nobody Does It Better
Friends of BOTN

Newest Members
Fox Soccer, Tloader2, NHPRed09, ElmontSC26, BDADAA