Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA
| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | NEAL | ENY State Cup | WYSL | CDYSL | Section 1 HS (West.) Boys |Girls

Forum Search
Fall 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
BHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 09:26 PM
G2008:U14 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 09:16 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 08:55 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 06:12 PM
G2009:U13 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 06:01 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Larry Miller), 69 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Larry, I’m interested but not intimately familiar with the administrative layout. reading all the prior posts (TWICE) still didnt make it clear, bec ause I still see inconsistencies. I want to understand what the problem was/is, so here’s what I understood:

Nycsl was “operating” within Cjsl, not as its own league.
ENYYSA didnt buy it and said it its passes wouldnt be valid for Nycsl as a Cjsl league anymore.
Nycsl moves to operate under EDP, but as NYCS(L).
ENYYSA passes are still needed for NYCS this fall, and ENYYSA says ok now because its not under Cjsl anymore.
I did not see how this EDP arrangemeny would be limited to this fall only.

Please correct anything wrong, but the only party to suffer here is CJSL who loses NYCSL.

It's all off base...after the fall there will be no NYCS. EDP can take over and teams can play in NJ for EDP. EDP can come onto the Island without ENYYSA permission. NYCSL was never a league in 2020-2021 and they are still not a league. They just used CJSL to front for them as are doing with EDP and the National USYSA says that cant continue and it wont.

What exactly is your objective with your team or child?

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does GG have to give the sale money back? Because there is essentially no value, valid teams or legit league in the transaction. it was like a ponzi scheme

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
does GG have to give the sale money back? Because there is essentially no value, valid teams or legit league in the transaction. it was like a ponzi scheme

Good question. if enough of you individually took out a small claims summons you could have GG going into court on almost a daily basis...you might want to check with an attorney...he did provide something of value by scheduling games which you played....but a good question. If it were me and I felt I got screwed it is worth the $15-$20 for a small claims action if just to bust his balls and have come to court for one or two days and sit there...if you have time you might want to do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Larry, I’m interested but not intimately familiar with the administrative layout. reading all the prior posts (TWICE) still didnt make it clear, bec ause I still see inconsistencies. I want to understand what the problem was/is, so here’s what I understood:

Nycsl was “operating” within Cjsl, not as its own league.
ENYYSA didnt buy it and said it its passes wouldnt be valid for Nycsl as a Cjsl league anymore.
Nycsl moves to operate under EDP, but as NYCS(L).
ENYYSA passes are still needed for NYCS this fall, and ENYYSA says ok now because its not under Cjsl anymore.
I did not see how this EDP arrangemeny would be limited to this fall only.

Please correct anything wrong, but the only party to suffer here is CJSL who loses NYCSL.

It's all off base...after the fall there will be no NYCS. EDP can take over and teams can play in NJ for EDP. EDP can come onto the Island without ENYYSA permission. NYCSL was never a league in 2020-2021 and they are still not a league. They just used CJSL to front for them as are doing with EDP and the National USYSA says that cant continue and it wont.

To keep them playing against top competition in the area, nycsl for ages 11 and under consolidated and ran that pretty well, the league cup was a nice bonus as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be so easy for us club to make a return. If ENYYSA stops EDP from entering the island all us club has to do is mirror what GG did, doesn’t take a genius!

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
It would be so easy for us club to make a return. If ENYYSA stops EDP from entering the island all us club has to do is mirror what GG did, doesn’t take a genius!

No, it doesn’t take a genius, it takes someone who wants to take on a full time job and would be acceptable to USCS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ignore the prior reply, because that was not actually me. I will actually answer for myself now since you asked ME, not him.

I am not on a top team, my kid loves to play and may one day decide he wants to really commit to it and become "elite" level but until then I just want to stay on the local team, where we are very happy and everything is working fine.
My kids team played in a division in NYCSL that is not the top division. NYCSL was run well for our purposes, we never had any trouble with them. I also know we will have LIJSL as a backstop so I am not concerned we wouldn't have a place to play. I am concerned we need to move when the soccer/LAX kids have to choose one sport or the other, but it doesnt look like that is this year.
It seems like all anyone cares about are the teams aiming to be the "top teams". There are way more of us than them, but we just get taken for granted...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is what these soccer whores get for scamming parents out of their $$$. Parents though are not innocent.... you folks contributed to the whoring. Hope you are all happy now!!

Please give an example of nycsl scamming money from parents. Honest question

Simple. Here is just one example....The statements that they are a legitimate sanctioned league, which they aren't. From there the rest of the "con" continues.

Also, how much do you think it takes to do what GG is doing? It's a profit machine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good question. if enough of you individually took out a small claims summons you could have GG going into court on almost a daily basis...you might want to check with an attorney...he did provide something of value by scheduling games which you played....but a good question. If it were me and I felt I got screwed it is worth the $15-$20 for a small claims action if just to bust his balls and have come to court for one or two days and sit there...if you have time you might want to do it.

Actually, the true scheduling was done by individual teams. All we got were game dates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, the true scheduling was done by individual teams. All we got were game dates.

So what did CJSL actually buy????

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Bad press, and gave up their good name, and got conned.WTF were those guys thinking getting in bed with Grossman. I can easily see Soccer Whore Shilling playing in Grossman's sand box, as they are birds of a feather, but not the CJSL. My, my how times have changed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They didn't buy anything. What they did get was a cut of 15,000 registrations for approving cards for NYCSL unconditionally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it safe to assume that he only sold beacuse cjsl paid a pretty penny for all those teams? do they try and recoup any monies paid out? they essentially got nothing but empty promises and a black eye

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
is it safe to assume that he only sold beacuse cjsl paid a pretty penny for all those teams? do they try and recoup any monies paid out? they essentially got nothing but empty promises and a black eye

Who sold what to whom?

Where did you get that CJSL bought teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well stated! The only true value comes from the teams. Unless we discuss leagues such as the National League, ECNL MLS Next, etc., where there's some true brand value, NYCSL was nothing more than a lot of spin, a step up from a town league, nothing more. The spin stated that it was the top tier in the pyramid. That was not the case. Parents fell for the PR nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If EDP just hires the NYCS people to run the local league, how is that effectively different than NYCSL business as usual? They don't seem to care that they are not an official leauge or not, an why should that not just continue past this fall, just under the EDP?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
If EDP just hires the NYCS people to run the local league, how is that effectively different than NYCSL business as usual? They don't seem to care that they are not an official leauge or not, an why should that not just continue past this fall, just under the EDP?

EDP answers to the USYSA and the USYSA has spoken. Perhaps you skipped reading their decision which is at the very, very top of this message thread?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so some new outfit needs to re-sign with the US CLUB side of the ledger and start new?

If that's the case why didn't the old owners of NYCSL, sell what they had to new owners, just like a Deli changes hands? Wouldnt a sale like that have brought the old owners the most cash value?

I would love to see an Org Chart of youth Soccer. Who's on what side and which outfits report to who???

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
so some new outfit needs to re-sign with the US CLUB side of the ledger and start new?

If that's the case why didn't the old owners of NYCSL, sell what they had to new owners, just like a Deli changes hands? Wouldnt a sale like that have brought the old owners the most cash value?

I would love to see an Org Chart of youth Soccer. Who's on what side and which outfits report to who???

According to conversations I had with Soccer Whore, Steve Shilling, Grossman wanted 10 million dollars when he was riding high with USCS, and Shilling told me that he will just continue to take teams away and that is what he did until Grossman, after pissing off USCS had to make a deal. Right now NYCSL is worthless because it is nothing but a name.

USCS is also to blame since they havent done squat to get back into this market....is Lax or basketball looking better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny we all see the same thing how this all makes absolutely no sense, as far as EDP can operate in the fall in Long Island but allegedly won’t be able to in the spring or how that would help any party involved? EDP, usysa, and enyysa would seem to benefit from EDP staying, which would ensure there’s not a void left for us club to fill.

I hope no one thinks lijsl is an option or will risk it all to keep them afloat

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still wouldn't want to be a small for profit outfit like East Coast, Barca and others right now. LIJSL isnt an option for them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still wouldn't want to be a small for profit outfit like East Coast, Barca and others right now. LIJSL isnt an option for them

LIJSL should consider making a limited free-for-all division where not only would they allow the for-profit clubs in, but it would have far more relaxed rules in terms of scheduling and rescheduling games. Charge a premium for it over the normal LIJSL fees for the extra headaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LIJSL should consider making a limited free-for-all division where not only would they allow the for-profit clubs in, but it would have far more relaxed rules in terms of scheduling and rescheduling games. Charge a premium for it over the normal LIJSL fees for the extra headaches.

And McDonald’s should start serving pasta

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EDP answers to the USYSA and the USYSA has spoken. Perhaps you skipped reading their decision which is at the very, very top of this message thread?

Of course, I read it.I don't understand where all this extra stuff you are saying comes from In that announcement. USYSA said that if you are in an ENYYSA league (LIJSL etc.) nothing changes. Then they say registered teams can "transfer to an appropriate level of play in an expanded version of the North Atlantic Conference of the USYS National League, managed by EDP Soccer." This is now what NYCS is. Fact. This is not to be a "preferred" pathway to the "premier" levels, doesn't say it cant happen, though, for whatevet that's worth

That's it. Nowhere does it say that this arrangement is gone after fall 21. Nowhere does it say no more EDP manageed local leagues on on Long Island. Nowhere. Where do you get that this isn't going to be allowed after the fall?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Of course, I read it.I don't understand where all this extra stuff you are saying comes from In that announcement. USYSA said that if you are in an ENYYSA league (LIJSL etc.) nothing changes. Then they say registered teams can "transfer to an appropriate level of play in an expanded version of the North Atlantic Conference of the USYS National League, managed by EDP Soccer." This is now what NYCS is. Fact. This is not to be a "preferred" pathway to the "premier" levels, doesn't say it cant happen, though, for whatevet that's worth

That's it. Nowhere does it say that this arrangement is gone after fall 21. Nowhere does it say no more EDP manageed local leagues on on Long Island. Nowhere. Where do you get that this isn't going to be allowed after the fall?

I may have some documentation that was not included in the release. So, let me see if I can parse this out for you....

1- Your first sentence is correct. if you are part of a league under ENYYSA nothing changes (LIJSL, EHYSL, CDYSL, CJSL, etc.)

2- So that teams have a place to play in Fall USYSA is allowing the NYCSL to schedule and run games. What they arent telling you is that NYCSL is NO LONGER a league. I dont think you will be getting you GS points or perks. Basically as it is explained to me the Fall teams playing in NYCSL are akin to scrimmages...

3- It has not yet been decided how the Spring will be setup. Discussions have started.

4- EDP remains EDP, but their reach into Long Island, the Hudson Valley, and the Five Boroughs appears to be blocked after the Fall. Long Island and teams elsewhere can play EDP, but right now your games will be in New Jersey as I do not believe EDP can mine teams and clubs from the ENYYSA league territories.

As I wrote above, this is a very fluid situation and changes, and more changes should be happening, and BOTN will work hard to keep you in the loop as the rest of the Internet is crickets on this matter.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard
Nobody Does It Better
Friends of BOTN

Newest Members
Fox Soccer, Tloader2, NHPRed09, ElmontSC26, BDADAA