Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA
| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | NEAL | ENY State Cup | WYSL | CDYSL | Section 1 HS (West.) Boys |Girls

Forum Search
Fall 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
BHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 09:26 PM
G2008:U14 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 09:16 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 08:55 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 06:12 PM
G2009:U13 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 06:01 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Larry Miller), 43 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 64 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 63 64
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]

That's what is wrong. It was a community based non-profit. The board is there to reflect the community.

The board is there to represent the members not themselves. This should have been put to a vote by the entire club. Nobody could complain with the results then.

If the board reflects the community, then the community is represented. I don't actually agree that it should have been voted on by all, but I do agree with the concern that there wasn't any opportunity for the larger community to give input on the pros/cons, ESPECIALLY considering the MAJOR conflict of interest on behalf of the club VP. THAT is a really bad look for the whole process, that looks even worse.
There is a good chance that this would have been "approved" by the community if it was explained well beforehand, but as it was done we'll never know.

I doubt many SB members would have voted to have a club 20% the size of ours to take control of everything. Nobody on our team was for it. That is the reason they did it they way they did. Purely selfish reasons.

Lets be clear. Other than intramural the clubs are very similar size. LGN has an awful awful AWFUL, intramural program. They focus on disenfranchise Sachem, MC, SB folks for their reputable travel league.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

That's what is wrong. It was a community based non-profit. The board is there to reflect the community.

The board is there to represent the members not themselves. This should have been put to a vote by the entire club. Nobody could complain with the results then.

If the board reflects the community, then the community is represented. I don't actually agree that it should have been voted on by all, but I do agree with the concern that there wasn't any opportunity for the larger community to give input on the pros/cons, ESPECIALLY considering the MAJOR conflict of interest on behalf of the club VP. THAT is a really bad look for the whole process, that looks even worse.
There is a good chance that this would have been "approved" by the community if it was explained well beforehand, but as it was done we'll never know.

I doubt many SB members would have voted to have a club 20% the size of ours to take control of everything. Nobody on our team was for it. That is the reason they did it they way they did. Purely selfish reasons.

Lets be clear. Other than intramural the clubs are very similar size. LGN has an awful awful AWFUL, intramural program. They focus on disenfranchise Sachem, MC, SB folks for their reputable travel league.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Disregard all the dual and triple rostering that goes on at LGN and get back to us with the real numbers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

You have no idea what you are talking about. Disregard all the dual and triple rostering that goes on at LGN and get back to us with the real numbers.

Sounds like Stonybrook got taken in this deal. I thought you people were supposed to be intelligent. You got outsmarted by a soccer coach. Lol!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt many SB members would have voted to have a club 20% the size of ours to take control of everything. Nobody on our team was for it. That is the reason they did it they way they did. Purely selfish reasons.[/quote]

Lets be clear. Other than intramural the clubs are very similar size. LGN has an awful awful AWFUL, intramural program. They focus on disenfranchise Sachem, MC, SB folks for their reputable travel league.[/quote]

You have no idea what you are talking about. Disregard all the dual and triple rostering that goes on at LGN and get back to us with the real numbers.[/quote]

Sounds like Stonybrook got taken in this deal. I thought you people were supposed to be intelligent. You got outsmarted by a soccer coach. Lol![/quote]

No. We were betrayed by our own board. Hope they get run out of the town for what they did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First they ran this merger down our throats. Next they tell us we have to train all summer instead of taking July off as usual. Then they tell us we have to train 3 times per week which besides the scheduling issues costs more. Now they telling us we have to pay for 2 five day camps run by our coach who we are already paying to train 3 of those days to train already??? So we will be double paying. This has turned in to nothing but a money grab. The SB board is either incompetent, corrupt or but of both.
I literally don't understand what the problem is. Complaining about 3x a week for $1500 a year? susa is 4k for same thing.Training in July. Most competitive clubs haven't stopped training at all. We opted not to do any of the camps, and so can you. It's very easy just say we will be away sorry can't make it. Lgn used to do those camps for free. I think half our team is saying no. Oh well. Stop crying over nonsense. I'm guessing your coach is TG himself?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First they ran this merger down our throats. Next they tell us we have to train all summer instead of taking July off as usual. Then they tell us we have to train 3 times per week which besides the scheduling issues costs more. Now they telling us we have to pay for 2 five day camps run by our coach who we are already paying to train 3 of those days to train already??? So we will be double paying. This has turned in to nothing but a money grab. The SB board is either incompetent, corrupt or but of both.
I literally don't understand what the problem is. Complaining about 3x a week for $1500 a year? Susa is 4k for same thing.Training in July. Most competitive clubs haven't stopped training at all. We opted not to do any of the camps, and so can you. It's very easy just say we will be away sorry can't make it. Lgn used to do those camps for free. I think half our team is saying no. Oh well. Stop crying over nonsense. I'm guessing your coach is TG himself?

Noticed how you didn't address the posters point about how the merger went down. Also how 3 days a week training is required for all the A teams. That also wasn't known until after the merger. If the SB board knew these things were going to be implemented then why not let us know before the merger was done? If they did and didn't tell us that is even worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Noticed how you didn't address the posters point about how the merger went down. Also how 3 days a week training is required for all the A teams. That also wasn't known until after the merger. If the SB board knew these things were going to be implemented then why not let us know before the merger was done? If they did and didn't tell us that is even worse.

PLEASE, just go someplace else if we're constantly going to be hearing you bitch about the club. Yeah, you didnt like the way it went down, I get it. I didnt either, but it went down, your here now BY YOUR CHOICE so make it positive or just GTFOH!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PLEASE, just go someplace else if we're constantly going to be hearing you bitch about the club. Yeah, you didnt like the way it went down, I get it. I didnt either, but it went down, your here now BY YOUR CHOICE so make it positive or just GTFOH!

That was the first time I posted anything about the merger. I said I wasn't the original poster. Read much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was the first time I posted anything about the merger. I said I wasn't the original poster. Read much?

You didn't say that at all friend, as long as you are anonymous all you merge whiners all sound the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Nash have any say or is he just an employee of TG?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB/LGN isn’t susa. If people could or wanted to pay $4K a year that’s where they’d be. I personally can’t swing it. Also, I don’t ever remember LGN doing any camps for free. Always had to bring cash for the trainer. This is going back a few years when my son was still playing there, but we had to pay cash for everything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We would get 2 free camps a year one in April ish and another in the summer. It was even included in the yearly breakdown but I guess that depends on the trainer. Also I don't understand why people keep whining. SB parents are still paying same amount of money and getting more training, and in some cases better/ different training, But that still isn't good enough. 3x a week is not required of any child. You make what you can. If you can make 2, then make 2., but that still isn't good enough. I'd love to know who these whiny parents coaches are. I've never heard any parent complain about getting more for their money except this parent. Personally I don't care what went down, my child's team was already strong, and has become stronger and deeper now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Searching for The Atletico forum, LGN/SB merger always comes up. All is good in Atletico land. Enjoy your big clubs, I couldn’t be more pleased with KK.I feel our players get great personal attention, they are held accountable. IMO the training is second to no EI get a great bang for the buck. Our trainers are dedicated. We have great seasons and sometimes not so great seasons. Parents always forget “It’s about the development, not the wins” I want my son to play competitive soccer because life is competitive and I want him to put 100% into whatever he decides to do. No college recruiter is going to ask him how his U13 team did….
Good luck with the merger, IMO Too many teams in certain age groups ( makes it look like a money grab)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We would get 2 free camps a year one in April ish and another in the summer. It was even included in the yearly breakdown but I guess that depends on the trainer. Also I don't understand why people keep whining. SB parents are still paying same amount of money and getting more training, and in some cases better/ different training, But that still isn't good enough. 3x a week is not required of any child. You make what you can. If you can make 2, then make 2., but that still isn't good enough. I'd love to know who these whiny parents coaches are. I've never heard any parent complain about getting more for their money except this parent. Personally I don't care what went down, my child's team was already strong, and has become stronger and deeper now

You don't understand because you are stupid. Stay on your side of 25.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be funny if I wasn't north of 347 dirt ball. Maybe I am too stupid but all we keep hearing is waaaa too many practices, waaaa no one told us anything, waaa, the club is destroyed, and on and on and on. How many kids were on your child's team? Could they last another year? I doubt it. So now your child can still play and not be forced to move clubs. Buy still not good enough right? Or maybe you are just annoyed that now your child is on a team with some Spanish kids that are better then your chid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be funny if I wasn't north of 347 dirt ball. Maybe I am too stupid but all we keep hearing is waaaa too many practices, waaaa no one told us anything, waaa, the club is destroyed, and on and on and on. How many kids were on your child's team? Could they last another year? I doubt it. So now your child can still play and not be forced to move clubs. Buy still not good enough right? Or maybe you are just annoyed that now your child is on a team with some Spanish kids that are better then your chid

Pet peeve of mine. It’s Hispanic… or Latino. Not Spanish. That’s the language. It can be a nationality too but most Spanish speakers (including myself) here in the states aren’t coming from Spain.

Also I get your point but what is being insinuated here is that we don’t live north of 347/25? Definitely more diverse in other areas but Latinos do live north of 347/25!

Personally I think everyone should let their child decide (for the most part) where they want to play and stop arguing. My son wanted to make a move because they wanted a specific coach so we did. Go where your kid is happy, where you can afford it, and if you think a club is making bad decisions leave. Money talks, that’s Capitalism!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Nash have any say or is he just an employee of TG?

Just Tim Graham’s assistant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This whole thing is a joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not according to Fat Rob. Everything is great.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Not according to Fat Rob. Everything is great.

That's because he is the joke!! That's why he doesnt get it!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They want us to do 2 camps this summer. My son did a camp outside the club and was told that didn't count. Nothing but a money grab.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
They want us to do 2 camps this summer. My son did a camp outside the club and was told that didn't count. Nothing but a money grab.

WTF are you saying, "it doesn't count?" Count for what? If you dont do 2 camps or preferably no camps what does it matter? Does your kid get kicked off the team? Does your kid sit on the bench for the whole game? Do you still have to pay the DOC (Tim Graham) whether or not you partake?

WTF is with this board and WTF are you staying on that for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

WTF are you saying, "it doesn't count?" Count for what? If you dont do 2 camps or preferably no camps what does it matter? Does your kid get kicked off the team? Does your kid sit on the bench for the whole game? Do you still have to pay the DOC (Tim Graham) whether or not you partake?

WTF is with this board and WTF are you staying on that for?

Cash grab. That's the TG way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All camps are optional!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2 camps? There's not enough time for 2 camps. And who told you that exactly. Supposedly the $150 for camp was Frank's idea anyway not TG. And no one is being forced to do the camps. Why are people so dumb?

Like Reply Quote
Page 58 of 64 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 63 64
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard
Nobody Does It Better
Friends of BOTN

Newest Members
Fox Soccer, Tloader2, NHPRed09, ElmontSC26, BDADAA