Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA
| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | NEAL | ENY State Cup | WYSL | CDYSL | Section 1 HS (West.) Boys |Girls


Forum Search
Fall 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2008:U14 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 08:53 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by Larry Miller - 09/20/21 08:46 PM
BHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 06:41 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 06:12 PM
G2009:U13 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 06:01 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Larry Miller), 53 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
US YOUTH SOCCER PROVIDES ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON NEW EASTERN NEW YORK YOUTH SOCCER PROGRAMMING
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FRISCO, Texas (July 29, 2021) --- Earlier this month US Youth Soccer (USYS) announced programming solutions to address a disruption in the Eastern New York (ENYYSA) youth soccer landscape. The solution now being implemented allows teams to register in their preferred Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) league and then transfer to an appropriate level of play in an expanded version of the North Atlantic Conference of the USYS National League, managed by EDP Soccer. Player passes will still be issued through ENYSSA leagues and players will remain registered with their current ENYYSA league.

The additional levels of play to be provided by the expansion of the North Atlantic Conference do not represent a preferred pathway into the highly competitive North Atlantic Conference divisions offered at older ages. Participation in those highly competitive divisions is secured through an open application process, which is now closed for the 2021/2022 soccer year.

Teams that have registered, or are going to register to play in an ENYYSA league, will do so as normal. The developmental progression promoted by USYS and ENYYSA emphasizes that players at the youngest age brackets have access to soccer activities that focus on prioritizing a love for the game, sports diversity, and the importance of allowing kids to just be kids. As players get older additional opportunities for competition are offered and some top level teams will progress into the highly competitive divisions of the USYS National League program. For teams that do not play in the USYS National League there will also be programming available to help their players develop and enjoy their soccer experience.

USYS and ENYYSA are commited to making soccer available to youth players of all ages and abilities, and are striving to enhance the opportunities for its members and create fans of the game for life. Should clubs or teams have questions or concerns, please continue to contact US Youth Soccer or ENYYSA.

We Are Youth Soccer.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
US YOUTH SOCCER PROVIDES ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON NEW EASTERN NEW YORK YOUTH SOCCER PROGRAMMING
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FRISCO, Texas (July 29, 2021) --- Earlier this month US Youth Soccer (USYS) announced programming solutions to address a disruption in the Eastern New York (ENYYSA) youth soccer landscape. The solution now being implemented allows teams to register in their preferred Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) league and then transfer to an appropriate level of play in an expanded version of the North Atlantic Conference of the USYS National League, managed by EDP Soccer. Player passes will still be issued through ENYSSA leagues and players will remain registered with their current ENYYSA league.

The additional levels of play to be provided by the expansion of the North Atlantic Conference do not represent a preferred pathway into the highly competitive North Atlantic Conference divisions offered at older ages. Participation in those highly competitive divisions is secured through an open application process, which is now closed for the 2021/2022 soccer year.

Teams that have registered, or are going to register to play in an ENYYSA league, will do so as normal. The developmental progression promoted by USYS and ENYYSA emphasizes that players at the youngest age brackets have access to soccer activities that focus on prioritizing a love for the game, sports diversity, and the importance of allowing kids to just be kids. As players get older additional opportunities for competition are offered and some top level teams will progress into the highly competitive divisions of the USYS National League program. For teams that do not play in the USYS National League there will also be programming available to help their players develop and enjoy their soccer experience.

USYS and ENYYSA are commited to making soccer available to youth players of all ages and abilities, and are striving to enhance the opportunities for its members and create fans of the game for life. Should clubs or teams have questions or concerns, please continue to contact US Youth Soccer or ENYYSA.

We Are Youth Soccer.

Sounds like the days of GG/NYCSL making unilateral decisions are over?

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
US YOUTH SOCCER PROVIDES ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON NEW EASTERN NEW YORK YOUTH SOCCER PROGRAMMING
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FRISCO, Texas (July 29, 2021) --- Earlier this month US Youth Soccer (USYS) announced programming solutions to address a disruption in the Eastern New York (ENYYSA) youth soccer landscape. The solution now being implemented allows teams to register in their preferred Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) league and then transfer to an appropriate level of play in an expanded version of the North Atlantic Conference of the USYS National League, managed by EDP Soccer. Player passes will still be issued through ENYSSA leagues and players will remain registered with their current ENYYSA league.

The additional levels of play to be provided by the expansion of the North Atlantic Conference do not represent a preferred pathway into the highly competitive North Atlantic Conference divisions offered at older ages. Participation in those highly competitive divisions is secured through an open application process, which is now closed for the 2021/2022 soccer year.

Teams that have registered, or are going to register to play in an ENYYSA league, will do so as normal. The developmental progression promoted by USYS and ENYYSA emphasizes that players at the youngest age brackets have access to soccer activities that focus on prioritizing a love for the game, sports diversity, and the importance of allowing kids to just be kids. As players get older additional opportunities for competition are offered and some top level teams will progress into the highly competitive divisions of the USYS National League program. For teams that do not play in the USYS National League there will also be programming available to help their players develop and enjoy their soccer experience.

USYS and ENYYSA are commited to making soccer available to youth players of all ages and abilities, and are striving to enhance the opportunities for its members and create fans of the game for life. Should clubs or teams have questions or concerns, please continue to contact US Youth Soccer or ENYYSA.

We Are Youth Soccer.

Sounds like the days of GG/NYCSL making unilateral decisions are over?

Done. This release is the soft version. Grossman is done…all they are doing is at this late date allowing kids to play in the fall..no NYCSL at all in the Spring…and Grossman cant use uses logo nor does he have anything to do with USYSA as he is NOT a league or a club.

I will be adding more to this decision as the days go on if needed. ENYYSA is the only entity that matters on Long Island and the remainder of Eastern New York, excepting the WYSL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does this mean in regards to the nycsl/EDP merger? Unless I read it wrong it just reiterates it no? Bc they were still going to card through cjsl but play in EDP..

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Based on the latest documentation I have the USYSA is going to allow NYCS to have their teams play this Fall. Beyond this Fall, the answer is no, NYCSL will end with the Fall season.

Another issue that I need to point out to you, and I believe I’m correct, and that is that NYCS is not a league so I still don’t know how playing within NYCS is going to be beneficial to a team?

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What does this mean in regards to the nycsl/EDP merger? Unless I read it wrong it just reiterates it no? Bc they were still going to card through cjsl but play in EDP..

There does not appear to be an EDP/NYCSL merger as there really is no NYCSL. read my post above this one.....USYSA stopped to con job and lies, and mis-information that Grossman was selling. NYCSL is over. EDP can hire him, but why? Grossman has pissed off all the wrong people at both US Club and now USYSA.

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Here is a synopsis of the USYSA and ENYYSA decision as BOTN understands and sees it;

The new EDP division does NOT provide “premier” soccer programming for 8 to 12-year old players. USYSA does not sanction “premier” labeled programming for players under 12.

USYSA seems to be saying that it is working with ENYYSA to ensure that there is quality competition provided through ENYYSA to all clubs and teams. Member clubs of LIJSL have an additional pathway to the East Regionals of National Championship Series through the USYSA League Championship program.

ENYYSA is the USYSA organization responsible for sanctioning USYSA programming within Eastern NY. The stuff published by NYCSL does not in any way sanction EDP to run their own soccer programming within the Eastern New York Soccer Association without ENYYSA sanctioning/permission, which they do not have. EDP does not have the permission to expand NYCSL, but only to provide clubs and teams located in the NY Metro area that are not members of ENYYSA leagues access to USYS programs.

All teams and players need to continue to register through their current ENYYSA sanctioned league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe I’m missing something here. Gg taking all his registration to EDP North Atlantic this fall, how does that change in the spring with this news? EDP website already said that after the fall registrations teams would go directly through their website not nycsl’s…

Essentially does this news change all previous nycsl teams from now and to continue to play in EDP North Atlantic division?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious...for those teams in the Hudson Valley/Westchester/CT that played under NYCSL, is their only option WYSL (US Club) or Hudson Valley (ENNYSA)?

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just curious...for those teams in the Hudson Valley/Westchester/CT that played under NYCSL, is their only option WYSL (US Club) or Hudson Valley (ENNYSA)?

No, they can play in EDP, but the registration is through ENYYSA. I know this is confusing and that's because t he announcement thatm USYSA published was soft and they were careful not to offend EDP who, IMO, are balls deep in this problem.

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Maybe I’m missing something here. Gg taking all his registration to EDP North Atlantic this fall, how does that change in the spring with this news? EDP website already said that after the fall registrations teams would go directly through their website not nycsl’s…

Essentially does this news change all previous nycsl teams from now and to continue to play in EDP North Atlantic division?

There really is no GG after the Fall. There really is no longer a GG factor. EDP can hire him to work for them, but my guess is since there is no love between the two soccer whores, Grossman and Shilling, EDP will take over what they can and others will be able to opt for the new program(s) that will be put forth by ENYYSA, and hopefully, there will be a mechanism for teams and clubs currently not accepted into LIJSL will have a place to land on the Island.

In reality, there is no longer a NYCSL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so where do lowly independents like East Coast play in the spring? for profits cant join lijsl so where do programs like this go?

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Originally Posted by Anonymous
so where do lowly independents like East Coast play in the spring? for profits cant join lijsl so where do programs like this go?


TBD.

ENYYSA will be working on that issue. EDP is still an option, however they my have to go NJ for games. Be very clear, while the letter posted from ENYYSA was nice, warm, and cuddly, there are huge underlying issues and the fact that ENYYSA and EDP are not asshole buddies should make for a very interesting Fall season of discussions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is what these soccer whores get for scamming parents out of their $$$. Parents though are not innocent.... you folks contributed to the whoring. Hope you are all happy now!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is what these soccer whores get for scamming parents out of their $$$. Parents though are not innocent.... you folks contributed to the whoring. Hope you are all happy now!!

Please give an example of nycsl scamming money from parents. Honest question

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
so where do lowly independents like East Coast play in the spring? for profits cant join lijsl so where do programs like this go?


TBD.

ENYYSA will be working on that issue. EDP is still an option, however they my have to go NJ for games. Be very clear, while the letter posted from ENYYSA was nice, warm, and cuddly, there are huge underlying issues and the fact that ENYYSA and EDP are not asshole buddies should make for a very interesting Fall season of discussions.

One question Larry why wouldn’t EDP just keep operating the infrastructure of former nycsl in Long Island/NY in the spring that way they will do in the fall?

I’m also don’t see how ENYYSA will be able to magically fill any impending wholes left if this is not the case?

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is what these soccer whores get for scamming parents out of their $$$. Parents though are not innocent.... you folks contributed to the whoring. Hope you are all happy now!!

Please give an example of nycsl scamming money from parents. Honest question


Simple. Here is just one example....The statements that they are a legitimate sanctioned league, which they aren't. From there the rest of the "con" continues.

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
so where do lowly independents like East Coast play in the spring? for profits cant join lijsl so where do programs like this go?


TBD.

ENYYSA will be working on that issue. EDP is still an option, however they my have to go NJ for games. Be very clear, while the letter posted from ENYYSA was nice, warm, and cuddly, there are huge underlying issues and the fact that ENYYSA and EDP are not asshole buddies should make for a very interesting Fall season of discussions.

One question Larry why wouldn’t EDP just keep operating the infrastructure of former nycsl in Long Island/NY in the spring that way they will do in the fall?

Because they can't come onto Long Island with divisions and league operations without the permission of ENYYSA, and I doubt they will be given that permission. I do understand that the release above is not very detailed. Let me see if the previous info I had been able to score, which is more detailed can shed more light on this for you.

I’m also don’t see how ENYYSA will be able to magically fill any impending wholes left if this is not the case?

That is TBD, but I know it will be or should be a priority

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 688
Likes: 2
C
Back of THE NET
Offline
Back of THE NET
C
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 688
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is what these soccer whores get for scamming parents out of their $$$. Parents though are not innocent.... you folks contributed to the whoring. Hope you are all happy now!!

Please give an example of nycsl scamming money from parents. Honest question

Here are a few examples
NPL
ECNL 2
East Coast

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if i was a low end academy from LI i would be very concerned. They dont have the talent or motivated parents to travel over the bridge to play EDP in NJ. These academies are just a money grab for disgruntled local town team players with some nutty parents that didnt get their way or just couldnt get along with their town team.

The low level town teams from syosset, east meadows, hbc's, brentwoods, stony brooks could all migrate back to lijsl. Gottchee had a waiver at one time and played lijsl but bottom feeding academies like east coast barca, southshore will have an issue and then what about the susa c,d,e and f teams??? where will they go? Tough to charge $3500 to play LIJSL

get the popcorn its going to be wild!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
so where do lowly independents like East Coast play in the spring? for profits cant join lijsl so where do programs like this go?


TBD.

ENYYSA will be working on that issue. EDP is still an option, however they my have to go NJ for games. Be very clear, while the letter posted from ENYYSA was nice, warm, and cuddly, there are huge underlying issues and the fact that ENYYSA and EDP are not asshole buddies should make for a very interesting Fall season of discussions.

One question Larry why wouldn’t EDP just keep operating the infrastructure of former nycsl in Long Island/NY in the spring that way they will do in the fall?

I’m also don’t see how ENYYSA will be able to magically fill any impending wholes left if this is not the case?

EDP was approved by ENYYSA on the explicit basis that they would not compete with ENYYSA leagues for intermediate and local travel. Running NYCSL under the EDP banner violates that. That's why this fall season will be a one-off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Cross It 4 Fun
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is what these soccer whores get for scamming parents out of their $$$. Parents though are not innocent.... you folks contributed to the whoring. Hope you are all happy now!!

Please give an example of nycsl scamming money from parents. Honest question

Here are a few examples
NPL
ECNL 2
East Coast

How are those examples? Do the participating parties not get what they are paying for?

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,423
Likes: 49
BOTN has learned that Warren Mersereau of EDP is the person that USYSA had chastised for the role EDP has played in muddying the water and boosting Grossman/NYCSL abilities against the EDP agreement with USYSA. Yes, EDP sure played you folks along with supporting the lies and misinformation to get your dollars these past 2 seasons (Fall '20 & Spring '21).

Here is just one of numerous points that was sent to Warren Mersereau that BOTN was able to obtain.....

1- USYS needs to communicate that in order to run an event or competition using USYS passes, the event must be sanctioned by USYS (National League, National League Conference, National Championship Series, Presidents Cup, Regionals, etc.) or a State Association for league play, State Cup, tournaments, etc. While I can’t imagine EDP doing this, I just have to state that with this new division (NYCSL), you can’t run leagues, tournaments, competitions, etc. in Eastern New York without ENYYSA consent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bravo!!! Finally someone (USYS) had the cojones to address this disaster.

Now, for the older ages do they play within an EDP league, or still thru NYCS? Yes, it's still confusing 😕

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
BOTN has learned that Warren Mersereau of EDP is the person that USYSA had chastised for the role EDP has played in muddying the water and boosting Grossman/NYCSL abilities against the EDP agreement with USYSA. Yes, EDP sure played you folks along with supporting the lies and misinformation to get your dollars these past 2 seasons (Fall '20 & Spring '21).

Here is just one of numerous points that was sent to Warren Mersereau that BOTN was able to obtain.....

1- USYS needs to communicate that in order to run an event or competition using USYS passes, the event must be sanctioned by USYS (National League, National League Conference, National Championship Series, Presidents Cup, Regionals, etc.) or a State Association for league play, State Cup, tournaments, etc. While I can’t imagine EDP doing this, I just have to state that with this new division (NYCSL), you can’t run leagues, tournaments, competitions, etc. in Eastern New York without ENYYSA consent.

Wow so ENYYSA really is the big fish in town. Now the question is will they do what’s best for you themselves and friends over at lijsl or what’s best for players and families

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard
Nobody Does It Better
Friends of BOTN

Newest Members
Fox Soccer, Tloader2, NHPRed09, ElmontSC26, BDADAA
15,066 Registered Users
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics9,063
Posts530,800
Members15,066
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Random Photos
Good Jams & Hot Licks 12

Click Here!