Fall '21 Schedules, Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA
| LIJSL |MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | NEAL | ENY State Cup | WYSL | CDYSL | Section 1 HS (West.) Boys |Girls

Forum Search
Fall 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2021/2022
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2021-2022
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2008:U14 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 08:53 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by Larry Miller - 09/20/21 08:46 PM
BHS (2005:U17, 2004:U18, 2003:U19)
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 06:41 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 06:12 PM
G2009:U13 Fall 2021/Spring 2022
by Anonymous - 09/20/21 06:01 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 54 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, it's July 19. Two days past CJSL's demand for a review. What's their next move? It's getting late early.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well, it's July 19. Two days past CJSL's demand for a review. What's their next move? It's getting late early.

I dont think it will be overturned. But in the interest of the players, I believe they will have an option through EDP.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

I dont think it will be overturned. But in the interest of the players, I believe they will have an option through EDP.

I agree that NYCSL is done because gary will never accept the conditions and/or restrictions he would have to adhere to. However, I'm not sure EDP is going to be the answer. and if it is, it will also come with conditions and/or restrictions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is great for LI. Enough with the bs business programs diluting soccer. Academies can’t even acquire good trainers anymore because everyone is so scattered. LI Soccer needs a reset. Hopefully this is it.

LIJSL should only allow B teams from the four academies SUSA LISC EM and Albertson. The rest of the so called academies should just offer training and that’s it.

This is great?!?!?! Says the tool that works for lijsl. At my kids practice today not ONE person thinks this is “great” not 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nycsl will prevail and there will be a season. 100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just received this via email:

NYCSL PRESS RELEASE

NYCSL joins newly expanded North Atlantic National League managed by EDP Soccer

July 20, 2021

Dear Members and Friends of the NYCSL,

The New York Club Soccer League (NYCSL), founded in 2009, was initially created to provide organized soccer for U9 players as that offering was not permitted by the Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA). In addition, we wanted to provide clubs with simple administration (no bureaucracy) as well as prompt and friendly customer service. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think our single U9 division would grow into a full-fledged program with over 25,000 players. It was and continues to be obvious that soccer families and the clubs in which they play want the type of administration and service provided by NYCSL.

This past year, the NYCSL became a division of the Cosmopolitan Junior Soccer League (CJSL), founded in 1933 and a member of Eastern New York (ENYYSA). In addition, the NYCSL began working cooperatively with EDP Soccer to support their efforts as they manage the North Atlantic Conference of US Youth Soccer (USYS) National League. Both working experiences with the CJSL and EDP Soccer has been truly exceptional as we all share the same philosophies and very basic principles of placing the customer first!

As you are aware, on July 15, ENYYSA announced a reckless and unsubstantiated decision that has put NYCSL members --- players, parents, coaches, teams, and clubs --- in a very uneasy position. ENYYSA has made it clear that they do not want the NYCSL to operate. Consequently, ENYYSA is not allowing players to use their ENYYSA registration cards to participate in NYCSL soccer activities. In other words, ENYYSA is refusing to allow the 25,000 players who participate in NYCSL brackets and players from other leagues who participate in other NYCSL activities to decide for themselves where they want to use their cards to play soccer.

The decision by ENYYSA is being appealed, and we believe will be reversed. However, that may take time, and we are in the registration time period for the 2021/2022 soccer year. We don’t have time to wait. We need a solution now to the mess created by ENYYSA actions.

And, we have a solution

The NYCSL is proud to announce that all of our teams and clubs will be able to register directly with EDP Soccer to play in an expanded format North Atlantic Conference of the USYS National League!! Brackets will be developed for boys and girls teams across all age groups that are competitively appropriate and make sense geographically.

All player passes will continue to be issued through the CJSL as our “PREFERRED PARTNER”. Player passes will be valid and accepted by EDP Soccer!

In addition, the NYCSL staff has been retained by EDP Soccer so that you will continue to receive the high level of on the ground customer service support you deserve. We will use the name New York Club Soccer (NYCS) going forward

Additional details will be posted July 21st. On behalf of the NYCSL and now NYCS, we look forward to continuing to serve you!!

Over the next 24 hours members of the NYCS team will be in touch to answer any questions you may have.

On a personal note, I would like to thank CJSL President, Ron Restrepo for his professionalism, integrity and never ending work ethic. It has been a pleasure working with you and your board members! We look forward to our continued working relationship!

In addition, on behalf of the NYCSL membership including 25,000 players, I would like to recognize the efforts of USYS and EDP Soccer in their handling of this matter.

Regards,

Gary Grossman

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails just went out. Saying EDP

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the cards are really illegal and not sanctioned. They will not carry secondary insurance nor will they be able to secure field permits through ENYYSA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing changed for NYCSL except the new name NYSC.

They are still carded by CJSL to play EDP (still under ENYYSA), they will still offer the same caliber of games they were doing last year.

Now all their tournaments will say EDP tournament (potentially drawing a bigger crowd)

all EDP needs to do is come up with a new name for the NYCUP keep the same format as previous NY Cups, and make the winners play in the ENYYSA state cup

bottom line ENYYSA played chicken with NYCSL and lost!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are still carded by CJSL to play EDP (still under ENYYSA), they will still offer the same caliber of games they were doing last year.

Now all their tournaments will say EDP tournament (potentially drawing a bigger crowd)

all EDP needs to do is come up with a new name for the NYCUP keep the same format as previous NY Cups, and make the winners play in the ENYYSA state cup

Yes they did lose ! Slight correction to your post. EDP is it under ENYYSA. They’re under USYSA and don’t answer to ENYYSA. I said this was not going to end well last week for ENYYSA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And just like that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And just like that

that was an impressively good call given the resounding tone of this thread was it would never happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

future tellers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they did lose ! Slight correction to your post. EDP is it under ENYYSA. They’re under USYSA and don’t answer to ENYYSA. I said this was not going to end well last week for ENYYSA.

EDP operates with the blessing of ENYYSA and all the other state associations that fall in the four EDP conferences.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

EDP operates with the blessing of ENYYSA and all the other state associations that fall in the four EDP conferences.

EDP does not operate with the blessings of ENYYSA...that is a problem for ENYYSA. They do have a problem solver. I gave it to them. I dont think they will do it, but if they do, it is a total game changer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

EDP does not operate with the blessings of ENYYSA...that is a problem for ENYYSA. They do have a problem solver. I gave it to them. I dont think they will do it, but if they do, it is a total game changer.

I don’t get your angle Larry, a second ago you said you had no dog in this battle now your giving ammunition to Enyysa to try stopping play of thousand of kids Again? What’s your deal ?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

I don’t get your angle Larry, a second ago you said you had no dog in this battle now your giving ammunition to Enyysa to try stopping play of thousand of kids Again? What’s your deal ?

What’s my deal? If ENYYSA calls me I take the phone call. susa calls me, I take the phone call. If Gary Grossman calls me I’ll take his phone calls but he hasn’t called. I could give him the same advice and he could do what he wants with it just like ENYYSA . No I don’t have a dog in this fight if you think I do point it out.

BTW, Stop all this crap about ENYYSA trying to stop thousands of kids from playing or that I’m trying to stop thousands of kids from playing. All of this crap going on has got nothing to do with the kids. It has to do with power and money and quite frankly the kids are right in the middle. They’re not my kids, they are your kids so you should give a [****] or two and stop letting all of these people jerk you off along with your kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is no one mentioning ECNL/ pre ECNL ? I know a few LI clubs hold this highly valued license

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is no one mentioning ECNL/ pre ECNL ? I know a few LI clubs hold this highly valued license

Yes susa and EMSC Those are the ONLY 2 ECNL on LI

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Yes SUSA and EMSC Those are the ONLY 2 ECNL on LI

The operative word here is "license", meaning that a license can be rescinded. Think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The operative word here is "license", meaning that a license can be rescinded. Think about it.

Sounds something like a conspiracy theory lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds something like a conspiracy theory lol

Lets put it this way. One of the 2 "licensed" clubs have a fast approaching expiration date, provided they continue with there substandard operation. Conspiracy Theory-maybe until the facts are considered. Rumor has it there is another LI club waiting in the wings that have already cozied up with the ECNL stakeholders waiting for the shoe to drop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because that is an option for literally no one that is caught up in this situation. The clubs that have the licenses for these leagues already have their teams and can't add more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is pre-ECNL/ ECNL the way to go meaning exposure and top competition?

Like Reply Quote
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C
Is pre-ECNL/ ECNL the way to go meaning exposure and top competition?

Yes on the girls side

On the boys side National conference much less travel and same or better exposure

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard
Nobody Does It Better
Friends of BOTN

Newest Members
Fox Soccer, Tloader2, NHPRed09, ElmontSC26, BDADAA