Latest Posts
ECRL
by Anonymous - 07/23/21 11:30 AM
ENYYSA Shuts Down the NYCSL League
by Cross It 4 Fun - 07/22/21 11:07 PM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 07/22/21 03:33 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Larry Miller, Gene Sepe), 53 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics9,031
Posts529,098
Members15,059
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 66 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
EM is the best option in Nassau.

EM is a horrible experience for players and parents. Not close to best option.

I’m sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. I love the experience my daughter is having here at EM. She has had and continue to have great coaches and wonderful teammates surrounding her. I hope you found the club and team your looking for.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can understand what you refer to as we have a similar experience at EM. This is a place that will bend backwards to satisfy 3 or 4 families. Everyone else is not treated fairly to the point where there is no regard for the girls and their families. My money doesn’t go a far way, but it not going to EM and my daughter is no longer going to experience the disrespect from the coaches over there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can understand what you refer to as we have a similar experience at EM. This is a place that will bend backwards to satisfy 3 or 4 families. Everyone else is not treated fairly to the point where there is no regard for the girls and their families. My money doesn’t go a far way, but it not going to EM and my daughter is no longer going to experience the disrespect from the coaches over there.

Completely agree. It is terrible at EM. I have a 2008 and a 2010 girl. Practically forced to do GS training or you werent getting selected for the top games or for tournaments. I understand he has to make a living but when EM is charging this kind of money, why do they have to force parents to pay more or be excluded.

Its a funny thing that EM has not gotten the message yet but a coach should never do extra individual training for his own players. Find another coach in the club to do that. It sends a terrible message with playing time and relationships to the other players. OR is this their way of forcing all the parents to pay Gary and supplement his earnings??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely agree. It is terrible at EM. I have a 2008 and a 2010 girl. Practically forced to do GS training or you werent getting selected for the top games or for tournaments. I understand he has to make a living but when EM is charging this kind of money, why do they have to force parents to pay more or be excluded.

Its a funny thing that EM has not gotten the message yet but a coach should never do extra individual training for his own players. Find another coach in the club to do that. It sends a terrible message with playing time and relationships to the other players. OR is this their way of forcing all the parents to pay Gary and supplement his earnings??[/quote]

OMG, all along I figured I was the only one thinking about this very point. Unless GS and RM hand pick your kid, then it is game over at EM for your child. For success, you almost always have to pay extra for their camps and individual training to be recognized. Other clubs will actually put your child on a fair development program that is devoid of coaches personal opinions and parent's deep pockets. EM's clinics show a trend that the person above described and that IMO is very shady. Sacrificing another kid's playing time in favor of a child that has extra personal training by GS and RM is highly disrespectful of the rest of the team. There is no way your kid will develop properly and will always have an unfair advantage over the 3 or 4 they have taken under their wing at your expense. With that goes your minutes on the field, they will often build a team around them, no recognition and almost never gets invited to play up or go to conferences. So if you want your kid to have a "fair" amount of success at EM then throw money at GS/RM and hope they choose your kid to be the center of attention. A club that cares about developing all kids should never have this piece of corruption as part of their offering.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its a funny thing that EM has not gotten the message yet but a coach should never do extra individual training for his own players. Find another coach in the club to do that. It sends a terrible message with playing time and relationships to the other players. OR is this their way of forcing all the parents to pay Gary and supplement his earnings??

As an EM (3yrs) and LISC (1 yr) parent of two girls, I would encourage all EM parents whose kids are not getting a good experience to check out LISC and speak with other LISC parents. LISC is an excellent option for those who are looking for a competitive club and don't want to drive outside of Nassau. Unfortunately, too many parents' primary focus is on the standings and quite frankly, like LISC, EM has been in the middle of the pack. While LISC really struggled when they first started in 2017, their results have improved each year. My daughter who plays for one of the EM top teams has had a good experience because of her teammates, the parents are also really wonderful. However, the coaching experience has been a bit mixed. I completely agree with other posters who've stated that EM mainly caters to the top 2-3 players. Additionally, the communication at EM (top down) is almost non-existent. So, if my daughter weren't on an EM top team, I probably would take her out but she loves her teammates. The fact that Gary S. at EM trains players he coaches at his facility is a huge conflict yet no one stops it. I understand that Gary played in the MLS and that is the big draw to his trainings, but guess what, where has he coached other than the pee-wee leagues (youth soccer)? He is as OVERRATED as it gets, there's absolutely nothing special about his trainings compared with other clubs and their top trainers (my daughter has done them, there is nothing proprietary about foot skill drills in soccer). Why parents think Gary is amazing is beyond me. In my opinion, LISC is truly a professionally run organization compared to EM which is a small town club pretending they are more than that. They are much better structured than EM (facilities, strength & conditioning consultant, sports phycologist) and the communication by the 08' head coach (M. Frey) is exceptional. Last but not least, as a parent, I feel like they actually care a great deal about their players from both a performance and psychological perspective. LISC is certainly not perfect (doubt any club is), but so far, the experience has been excellent and I think they offer a better total player package/experience than EM.

Unfortunately, a lot of posters come on here and bash clubs because their experience is bad (probably because of a lack of playing time etc.) but don't really offer details. There are options outside of EM. Good luck to all of your girls!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were considered accepting an invite from Ruairi at east meadow, but i'm glad we saw this post. I am terribly upset with the way the east meadow people talk down to posters, it is almost as if they think everyone is stupid. The posts in the other age groups where they are trying to defend east meadow's practices as if it were standard at all clubs is eye opening. As a new soccer parent, it is obvious to me they are all about making money while other clubs give a better soccer training cultere. Good luck and thanks for this post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were considered accepting an invite from Ruairi at east meadow, but i'm glad we saw this post. I am terribly upset with the way the east meadow people talk down to posters, it is almost as if they think everyone is stupid. The posts in the other age groups where they are trying to defend east meadow's practices as if it were standard at all clubs is eye opening. As a new soccer parent, it is obvious to me they are all about making money while other clubs give a better soccer training cultere. Good luck and thanks for this post.

Omg how fake is this. Hahaha. You guys are hilarious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Omg how fake is this. Hahaha. You guys are hilarious.

Fake?? How weak. Typical east meadow knows it all coming to your club’s rescue. Everyone knows it is run by snake oil salesmen. Good luck fooling someone else. Yep

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
The problem at East meadow, or better put one of the big problems at EMSC is Michael Cartier, the club president. The fish stinks from the head.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class act with him and that board of jokers. Conflict of interest here as his kid is on a 1st team because daddy’s the prez and guess who are the coaches-RM/GS combo. The next set of jesters at EM. Sean Rusell ran a tight ship and didn’t have issues with the club going down the drain. This guy is running EM to the ground, is powerless and responsible for sending this club’s reputation to the garbage shoot. As long as he beds the coaches, his kid will play in the ECNL. Definitely not in it for the other kids and the families looking to give their children a fair shot at playing with a team. Probably the emptiest vessel in all soccer across the clubs in NY. Until he takes responsibility for EMs problems it is going to be the same crap different day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As an EM (3yrs) and LISC (1 yr) parent of two girls, I would encourage all EM parents whose kids are not getting a good experience to check out LISC and speak with other LISC parents. LISC is an excellent option for those who are looking for a competitive club and don't want to drive outside of Nassau. Unfortunately, too many parents' primary focus is on the standings and quite frankly, like LISC, EM has been in the middle of the pack. While LISC really struggled when they first started in 2017, their results have improved each year. My daughter who plays for one of the EM top teams has had a good experience because of her teammates, the parents are also really wonderful. However, the coaching experience has been a bit mixed. I completely agree with other posters

twho've stated that EM mainly caters to the top 2-3 players. Additionally, the communication at EM (top down) is almost non-existent. So, if my daughter weren't on an EM top team, I probably would take her out but she loves her teammates. The fact that Gary S. at EM trains players he coaches at his facility is a huge conflict yet no one stops it. I understand that Gary played in the MLS and that is the big draw to his trainings, but guess what, where has he coached other than the pee-wee leagues (youth soccer)? He is as OVERRATED as it gets, there's absolutely nothing special about his trainings compared with other clubs and their top trainers (my daughter has done them, there is nothing proprietary about foot skill drills in soccer). Why parents think Gary is amazing is beyond me. In my opinion, LISC is truly a professionally run organization compared to EM which is a small town club pretending they are more than that. They are much better structured than EM (facilities, strength & conditioning consultant, sports phycologist) and the communication by the 08' head coach (M. Frey) is exceptional. Last but not least, as a parent, I feel like they actually care a great deal about their players from both a performance and psychological perspective. LISC is certainly not perfect (doubt any club is), but so far, the experience has been excellent and I think they offer a better total player package/experience than EM.

Unfortunately, a lot of posters come on here and bash clubs because their experience is bad (probably because of a lack of playing time etc.) but don't really offer details. There are options outside of EM. Good luck to all of your girls!

thank you to all the posters after reading these posts i want nothing to do with Rari and his clowns. no way I am sending my daughter there next season!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what LISC your talking about, but communication is horrible, one daughter at EM no one problem so far with communication one daughter at LISC and they cant even get the game schedule right, the practice schedule comes out the day before, they came off as very well run but have a lot of work to dow what makes you think lisc doesn't cater to the top players like every other club does get your head out of the sand 3200 dollars isn't cheap and ill take GS over Eric S and Christian anyday to coach my kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Catch with that is you’ve gotta be chosen by GS, otherwise your child will be cattle fodder like the rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what LISC your talking about, but communication is horrible, one daughter at EM no one problem so far with communication one daughter at LISC and they cant even get the game schedule right, the practice schedule comes out the day before, they came off as very well run but have a lot of work to dow what makes you think lisc doesn't cater to the top players like every other club does get your head out of the sand 3200 dollars isn't cheap and ill take GS over Eric S and Christian anyday to coach my kid.

I agree this has been my experience there but our friends who are on Meghan’s team have a different experience where communication is much better. I think it’s safe to say no matter where you are it depends on the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is more than $3200.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a great example of how experiences at the same club can differ. Everyone has a different perspective and is therefore entitled to their opinions. I believe I was very clear of who I was speaking about at LISC, the 08' GA coach. I do understand that the LISC 08' Premier coaches may not have done as good a job communicating to parents as the GA coach did. As far as "catering to the top players", seriously, what does that even mean? Am I really to believe that my 13 yr old daughter is catered to because she's on the GA team. Sorry, but I don't see it.

Buddy, my head is definitely not in the sand, I work hard for my $ as well and $3500 for GA is not cheap to me either. I don't think I made any comments about the price of admission to any of these clubs, they're all a giant rip-off. And Gary S. at EM (he's coached my kid and I like him) is a very good trainer but too many people hype him because the majority of soccer parents only see 3 letters when his name is brought up, M-L-S. He doesn't have any special tricks and none of his drills are unique and he's actually (to his credit) told that to the kids when they trained with him in his soccer room. I've liked Gary from day one, love his "if your not the biggest, fastest, most skilled player, then you need to practice a lot". Just because Eric and Christian never played in the MLS doesn't mean that they can't train and possibly even coach better than Gary.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree this has been my experience there but our friends who are on Meghan’s team have a different experience where communication is much better. I think it’s safe to say no matter where you are it depends on the coach.

OMG! Is Eric S still at LISC? I thought they got rid of him already?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would also like to add that Meghan is one of the best coaches on Long Island. We could not be happier with her. No, all clubs are not perfect all have their issues but when you have the chance to be with someone like her it’s easier to look past it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eric is still there he has his issues but he is not as bad as advertised on here. Like many coaches he is not as organized as you would like but he is a very good trainer and the kids love him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It comes down to the coach. But they also did not have much field space with Hofstra closed to outsiders and polo grounds blocking much time. Now with Hofstra fully open will be much better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It comes down to the coach. But they also did not have much field space with Hofstra closed to outsiders and polo grounds blocking much time. Now with Hofstra fully open will be much better.

If that is what the other poster meant by the GA (top team) being catered to compared to the Premier then I understand their view. Although my kid plays on the top team, I don't feel that we are entitled to field access as we're all paying large sums of money and each team in the age group deserves their practice time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eric is still there he has his issues but he is not as bad as advertised on here. Like many coaches he is not as organized as you would like but he is a very good trainer and the kids love him.

The great gift to Futsal, Eric! Keep him with the little ones to develop individual skills. He can't count past ten without his toes which contributes to his horrible coaching at older ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just read Barca 08 is done? anyone on that team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did you read that?

Like Reply Quote
T
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
T
just read Barca 08 is done? anyone on that team?

Where did you read that?

Like Reply Quote
Page 62 of 66 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!