Latest Posts
ECRL
by Anonymous - 07/23/21 11:30 AM
ENYYSA Shuts Down the NYCSL League
by Cross It 4 Fun - 07/22/21 11:07 PM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 07/22/21 03:33 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Larry Miller, Gene Sepe), 53 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics9,031
Posts529,098
Members15,059
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 57 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 56 57
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LIRef77
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah I dont know about that. Pretty sure SB soccer may be covered under the entire SB conglomerate university/hospital. Im sure their lawyers may handle it

Not a chance in hell that SUNY SB covers SB Soccer Club under their umbrella. SB Soccer is on their own and has to provide Certificates of Insurance to SUNY SB and probably has to carry Officers and Directors Insurance as well in case they are sued. Lawyers legal fees are the clubs responsibility.

I’m not an attorney but considering the litigious society we live in usually any party that contributes to an organizations misbehavior may have partial liability. Usually lawyers go for the gusto and legal action is taken against every party that contributed to the liable behavior. So I would not be surprised if the list of litigants may be long and comprehensive and include any organization that contributed to the liable offense especially if they were aware of the offense and ignored it. Even if they are not fully responsible the embarrassment alone could prove damaging and they could have a financial settlement attached to a non disclosure agreement that does not admit fault or liability but makes the issue go away with a non disclosed settlement whereby both parties are not allowed to discuss as part of the legal settlement.

I can also see a club or organization suing the individual responsible for the behavior to recoup their losses if they can prove that they were not aware of the illegal behavior which could prove futile.

You are not an attorney, which is clear, and some of your statements come out of TV courtroom drama as opposed to actual jurisprudence, civil procedure and pleadings.

Let’s have this actually play out and if there are actual causes of action worth a court’s time, we’ll get to it in good time.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Possibilty of news today?

No. I want to wait another day to make sure the mail was received. It may be received today, but definitely it will arrive to all that were mailed a copy. I think it is fair to wait and to give the parties involved a chance to request that the letter not be made public. Meanwhile, we have not yet concluded our decision on how we will move forward and that could alter the timing. Please be clear this not a joke. There are serious issues that can arise depending on how my family chooses to move forward, as we are now finding this may not be a one-time occurance.

Hope everyone is ok. He can have all the gripes with you but to involve family members is going way to far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LIRef77
This is a serious allegation. All credentialed Coaches, Trainers and Referees are required to have background checks and a felony conviction would immediately disqualify an individual from working anywhere near children. Is it the head Coach or just an additional Coach?

In addition, we all have to take a Safesport class specifically teaching us how to spot misconduct or children that may be vulnerable to predators.
I do not believe any league sanctioned by the USSF or US Soccer would ever allow a convicted felon to Coach, train or referee any youth soccer game. If this is the case someone needs to speak up, do something or just stop a nasty rumor.

I agree with you, but could this have fallen through the crack, or if true, did this happen after the person was cleared through Safesport? My understanding from speaking with others that is true…just sayin’.

Safesport seems to be missing a lot of things. There's a bunch of hockey coaches in Mass that have recently been found to have been involved in sexual misconduct that was plainly on their records but somehow missed. Feel free to look it up. Scary stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a few friends who’s daughters plays for the team. They reached out to me to ask if this was true or not after hearing what had happened. It took me 10 minutes after finding out this coaches name (which I will not post here) that the story was true. He has a record of assault with intent to cause physical injury with a weapon. I am sure with the ease of my finding it, that ENYYA would not have missed this because they would be held liable. This is 100% on Stony Brook. This is not a slip through the cracks. Seeing this information to be true and hearing all of the Tim Graham allegations of inappropriate actions with minors….etc, I will not be having my daughter play for Stony Brook any longer especially due to the LGN merger or whatever it is. It’s a shame since I had an older daughter who played and loved it here. A club with a 40 year history is being destroyed by a handful of people……….What a shame!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a few friends who’s daughters plays for the team. They reached out to me to ask if this was true or not after hearing what had happened. It took me 10 minutes after finding out this coaches name (which I will not post here) that the story was true. He has a record of assault with intent to cause physical injury with a weapon. I am sure with the ease of my finding it, that ENYYA would not have missed this because they would be held liable. This is 100% on Stony Brook. This is not a slip through the cracks. Seeing this information to be true and hearing all of the Tim Graham allegations of inappropriate actions with minors….etc, I will not be having my daughter play for Stony Brook any longer especially due to the LGN merger or whatever it is. It’s a shame since I had an older daughter who played and loved it here. A club with a 40 year history is being destroyed by a handful of people……….What a shame!
Was this a travel intramural, or travel team? Prior post said it was a 6th grade G team, and I too know people in SB Soccer at that age, but on the travel side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh know you have done it. You mentioned the 40 year history of the club. The crazy board member will attack you over that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do those guys even get paid or do they just volunteer? Or maybe the guy just lied on his application so that he could volunteer his time to coach his daughter? I believe this happens alot. There was a coach an intramural at terrvyville who coached for 4 seasons and was a convicted felons until they found out and was asked to stop

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do those guys even get paid or do they just volunteer? Or maybe the guy just lied on his application so that he could volunteer his time to coach his daughter? I believe this happens alot. There was a coach an intramural at terrvyville who coached for 4 seasons and was a convicted felons until they found out and was asked to stop

All coaches whether its travel or intramurals have to be Safesport certified. If he was convicted the club should have been notified.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All coaches whether its travel or intramurals have to be Safesport certified. If he was convicted the club should have been notified.

More board incompetence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even though it isn't supposed to happen this by far wouldn't be the first time a parent volunteered to help out the official coach at the intramural level without bothering going through official channels. This has happened in many clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless if this happens in many clubs or not as we can see here in this case it shouldn’t anywhere. The club is still accountable to protect our children. It seems they were very lucky in this case that a person like this didn’t escalate to a point where someone was injured (player, ref or coach). This and other stories being relayed seem to make it more the norm with both of these clubs instead of the exception. This hasn’t been the first issue and likely will not be the last we see with these clubs. The culture in the hierarchy seems to breed these types of issues. It comes from the top!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless if this happens in many clubs or not as we can see here in this case it shouldn’t anywhere. The club is still accountable to protect our children. It seems they were very lucky in this case that a person like this didn’t escalate to a point where someone was injured (player, ref or coach). This and other stories being relayed seem to make it more the norm with both of these clubs instead of the exception. This hasn’t been the first issue and likely will not be the last we see with these clubs. The culture in the hierarchy seems to breed these types of issues. It comes from the top!

The President of SB should address this situation and tell us how it happened and what corrective actions to make sure our children are playing in the safest environment possible.

Like Reply Quote
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L

I want to clear up a misunderstanding here. SafeSport does NOT conduct background checks. SafeSport training refers to the “Core SafeSport Training” created and offered by the U.S. Center for SafeSport consisting of three modules: (1) Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education, (2) Mandatory Reporting, and (3) Emotional & Physical Misconduct as well as the “Refresher” courses...

Background checks are conducted by a vendor that ENYYSA uses and it is referred to as “Risk Management” which I believe is required of all Coaches, Trainers and Referees. I believe it is conducted every 2 years so not sure when or if the aforementioned Coach completed it. Could the felony arrest have been AFTER he completed the “Risk Management” and maybe that is how he slipped through the cracks? Or might they need to revise it and require it every year or if the background check did not reveal any alleged arrest and/or conviction how could this happen?

Years ago when I first starting training to be a referee I remember hearing the instructor say on the first day that if anyone had been arrested that they could not be a referee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I should have posted the time when this “coach” was arrested. It was in 2015! This is just pure laziness and negligence. Not even talking about the boat loads of Tim Graham allegations with minors, Stony brook has its own serious issues with allowing a felon to coach on the field, issues with embezzlement, and even most recent with a player breaking an ankle due to unkept fields. Who is footing the bill??????? I also read above that a letter was going out to a board member for harassment issues? Several coaches leaving with this merger from Stony Brook and a few from LGN. Thank you but no thank you, I will not be coming back to this club. Doesn’t even seem the coaches want to be there!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I should have posted the time when this “coach” was arrested. It was in 2015! This is just pure laziness and negligence. Not even talking about the boat loads of Tim Graham allegations with minors, Stony brook has its own serious issues with allowing a felon to coach on the field, issues with embezzlement, and even most recent with a player breaking an ankle due to unkept fields. Who is footing the bill??????? I also read above that a letter was going out to a board member for harassment issues? Several coaches leaving with this merger from Stony Brook and a few from LGN. Thank you but no thank you, I will not be coming back to this club. Doesn’t even seem the coaches want to be there!!!!!!
That's some serious allegations against people that you are making without proof. And what coaches have you heard are leaving may I ask

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

That's some serious allegations against people that you are making without proof. And what coaches have you heard are leaving may I ask

From what I have been able to find out it is apparently true about the coach. As far as his comment about a letter going out about harassment, I can say with 100% certainty a letter from my attorney did go out and copied to numerous people including SBU, Coach Realtors, SBSC board, and the president of the club. The letter was addressed to Rob Ward, the SB Vice-President.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I have been able to find out it is apparently true about the coach. As far as his comment about a letter going out about harassment, I can say with 100% certainty a letter from my attorney did go out and copied to numerous people including SBU, Coach Realtors, SBSC board, and the president of the club. The letter was addressed to Rob Ward, the SB Vice-President.
Ok. Can you back up those allegations with proof? How did you find out the truth? Who is the coach or coaches that are leaving?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Ok. Can you back up those allegations with proof? How did you find out the truth? Who is the coach or coaches that are leaving?

Let me ask you this about backing up the allegations and that is until the time that somebody on the board of the Stony Brook soccer club posts whether it’s true or untrue and does it with attribution and can state facts in my opinion it stands as true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me ask you this about backing up the allegations and that is until the time that somebody on the board of the Stony Brook soccer club posts whether it’s true or untrue and does it with attribution and can state facts in my opinion it stands as true
So in your opinion what you say is deemed true and can make any claim you want and then its up to them to prove it wrong. That doesn't sound really fair to be honest

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Correct that it is deemed true. From I was told and the from whom told me, it is my opinion that it is true. So far, no one from either LGN or SBSC have said otherwise, therefore, it does appear to be true. If it wasn't and I was part of either club I sure would want people to know it isnt true and show why it isnt true, however that has not happened.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct that it is deemed true. From I was told and the from whom told me, it is my opinion that it is true. So far, no one from either LGN or SBSC have said otherwise, therefore, it does appear to be true. If it wasn't and I was part of either club I sure would want people to know it isnt true and show why it isnt true, however that has not happened.....
So how do we the people know that what you are saying is true? And the people who you get info from is true, and you or them are not just acting out a personal vendetta against these clubs. It seems to me noone can dispute these allegations since the posts dot go through. Only the bad posts are let through. That doesn't seem very democratic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You get your info from the same Anonymous posters just like the rest of us. If not give us some names to verify these so called truths.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
So how do we the people know that what you are saying is true? And the people who you get info from is true, and you or them are not just acting out a personal vendetta against these clubs. It seems to me noone can dispute these allegations since the posts dot go through. Only the bad posts are let through. That doesn't seem very democratic

very easy to answer..I know these people and I know where they are located soccer wise, and I know them to be in a position to know. If you dont think these allegations are true, then who are you and exactly what do you know tht you can share that says what is posted is not true?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
You get your info from the same Anonymous posters just like the rest of us. If not give us some names to verify these so called truths.

Who the [****] are you that I have to tell you who my sources are? Who said they are anonymous? Anonymous maybe to you, but not to me. Are you dealing with a full deck?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who the [****] are you that I have to tell you who my sources are? Who said they are anonymous? Anonymous maybe to you, but not to me. Are you dealing with a full deck?
I'm noone but you owe te truth to the people. It seems your validity has taken a serious hit these past few months I was just looking out for your best interest but I see how you speak to people

Like Reply Quote
Page 51 of 57 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 56 57
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!