Spring '21 Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA | LIJSL |
| MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | ENY State Cup | WYSL | CDYSL |


Community Classifieds
Post Your FREE Ad here
Forum Search
Spring 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Where are all the Referees?
by Anonymous - 06/24/21 10:18 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Larry Miller - 06/24/21 05:01 PM
Premier div.. boys U14 longwood Subzero
by L.subzero - 06/24/21 03:24 PM
G2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 06/24/21 02:43 PM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Larry Miller - 06/24/21 02:41 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (LIRef77), 45 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics9,063
Posts528,166
Members15,052
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like they probably would win the NY CUP? Hmmm

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the point grown people purposely canceling games to get back at other clubs typical north shore cshh those cowbells didn't work

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seriously, who cares who wins. Let's face it, if SUSA 2010 "A" would've stayed in the division, they probably would've won it all.

Like they did the NY cup? LOL It would have been competitive I'm sure, and maybe they would have won. You'll never know now, but a decisive loss to LGN2010 says otherwise...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Possibly the most accurate and positive post ever on this forum and immediately takes a left turn by bashing refs! I hope the last part was tongue in cheek, if you are serious your are as legit crazy as the rest of them!!!

My kid plays this age group (go figure) and there is no question that the quality of reffing has a significant effect on the outcome of many a game. I think your head is in the sand if you think otherwise.
I am sorry if it came across as ref bashing, becuse I do appreciate what they do, their contribution to my kid's ability to play the game is truly appreciated, but the consistency of ref performance is poor and it absolutely has an influence when games are within a goal or 2, as most are.

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,078
Likes: 5
L
Back of THE NET
Online
Back of THE NET
L
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,078
Likes: 5
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Possibly the most accurate and positive post ever on this forum and immediately takes a left turn by bashing refs! I hope the last part was tongue in cheek, if you are serious your are as legit crazy as the rest of them!!!

My kid plays this age group (go figure) and there is no question that the quality of reffing has a significant effect on the outcome of many a game. I think your head is in the sand if you think otherwise.
I am sorry if it came across as ref bashing, becuse I do appreciate what they do, their contribution to my kid's ability to play the game is truly appreciated, but the consistency of ref performance is poor and it absolutely has an influence when games are within a goal or 2, as most are.

You guys keep proving how irrational people can be. Do you really expect the most experienced, best referees should be working your 10 and 11 year old girls games? How much experience playing soccer can these girls possibly have? What referees should be assigned to work the U19 games? There may be quite a few young referees working these games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LIRef77
You guys keep proving how irrational people can be. Do you really expect the most experienced, best referees should be working your 10 and 11 year old girls games? How much experience playing soccer can these girls possibly have? What referees should be assigned to work the U19 games? There may be quite a few young referees working these games.

Sure, I didn't argue they should have the "best" refs at these games, I haven't even said they need to have them.I'm not screaming about it, I have come to accept this as part of the game at this age. I agree that its likely that the "best" refs don't work these games, and quite frankly the stakes are really low in these younger ages (but not to the players). You provide an explanation for why there is inconsistent reffing that occurs, but that doesn't make it acceptable, even though it happens, and a brother can't point this out?

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,078
Likes: 5
L
Back of THE NET
Online
Back of THE NET
L
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,078
Likes: 5
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=LIRef77]

You guys keep proving how irrational people can be. Do you really expect the most experienced, best referees should be working your 10 and 11 year old girls games? How much experience playing soccer can these girls possibly have? What referees should be assigned to work the U19 games? There may be quite a few young referees working these games.

Sure, I didn't argue they should have the "best" refs at these games, I haven't even said they need to have them.I'm not screaming about it, I have come to accept this as part of the game at this age. I agree that its likely that the "best" refs don't work these games, and quite frankly the stakes are really low in these younger ages (but not to the players). You provide an explanation for why there is inconsistent reffing that occurs, but that doesn't make it acceptable, even though it happens, and a brother can't point this out?[/quote

I disagree when you say the stakes are low except for the players. If the players care so much about winning at this age it would be a learned behavior from the adults that are “ginning” the stakes up. I coached girls for many years and especially at the young ages most players don’t even realize the score at young ages.
At this age the play is inconsistent, the coaching may be inconsistent and for you and others to expect the reffing to be “consistent” is just unrealistic especially since people complain but do not provide any solutions. The behavior of most adults at this age level is also among the worst because of all the soccer “rookie” parents who mostly know nothing about the game of soccer and yell and scream at young referees as if it is a life and death situation to win a game. This does not help attract more referees to the game.

Again, to expect new referees to be the best from their first game is just unrealistic and part of the game all the way to the World Cup is that referees will make mistakes and players at this age should be learning this as they are developing as well.

The fact of the matter is that for people to be upset that a certain team is winning the division because of a forfeit (which is part of the rules of this league) proves that the emphasis on winning is inappropriate and misplaced. For “mostly “rookie”, biased parents to be judging the performance of referees when they mostly know nothing about the LOTG because they lost the game is ridiculous.

If people think the referees are not up to snuff how does screaming at them help? More people need to step up and join the referee ranks. The problem is that nobody wants to work in a hostile environment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seriously, who cares who wins. Let's face it, if SUSA 2010 "A" would've stayed in the division, they probably would've won it all.

Like they did the NY cup? LOL It would have been competitive I'm sure, and maybe they would have won. You'll never know now, but a decisive loss to LGN2010 says otherwise...

A parent like you has no idea what really matters when it comes to youth soccer. You judge development by the results of games and simply cannot see the forest for the trees. Lake Grove has been super competitive and they have a few talented soccer players left, but the majority are simply athletic girls who have really good size. Let's not forget their goalie who is spectacular for her age. They are not very good technical players and the team plays to its strengths which is why they play kickball. The reason why EM has beaten LG the last two times (once last fall and recently in the spring) is simply because EM has better soccer players, especially when they bring the 2 talented girls who play up in age. During the fall game, LG barely connected 2-3 passes. They stayed in the game because of the goalie. I have nothing against LG, nice group of kids and their parents have always been respectful when I've sat next to them at games. But, I do think LG has been way too focused on winning and not as much on the development of their player's technical skills.

When I watch SUSA, to me, they have the most depth and their players are not only athletic but the majority have well developed technical skills (receiving a ball, head up, dribbling, and connecting passes). This is the essence of a soccer player, athletic ability paired with technical soccer skills. EM is slightly behind SUSA in the depth department.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LIRef77
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=LIRef77]

You guys keep proving how irrational people can be. Do you really expect the most experienced, best referees should be working your 10 and 11 year old girls games? How much experience playing soccer can these girls possibly have? What referees should be assigned to work the U19 games? There may be quite a few young referees working these games.

Sure, I didn't argue they should have the "best" refs at these games, I haven't even said they need to have them.I'm not screaming about it, I have come to accept this as part of the game at this age. I agree that its likely that the "best" refs don't work these games, and quite frankly the stakes are really low in these younger ages (but not to the players). You provide an explanation for why there is inconsistent reffing that occurs, but that doesn't make it acceptable, even though it happens, and a brother can't point this out?[/quote

I disagree when you say the stakes are low except for the players. If the players care so much about winning at this age it would be a learned behavior from the adults that are “ginning” the stakes up. I coached girls for many years and especially at the young ages most players don’t even realize the score at young ages.
At this age the play is inconsistent, the coaching may be inconsistent and for you and others to expect the reffing to be “consistent” is just unrealistic especially since people complain but do not provide any solutions. The behavior of most adults at this age level is also among the worst because of all the soccer “rookie” parents who mostly know nothing about the game of soccer and yell and scream at young referees as if it is a life and death situation to win a game. This does not help attract more referees to the game.

Again, to expect new referees to be the best from their first game is just unrealistic and part of the game all the way to the World Cup is that referees will make mistakes and players at this age should be learning this as they are developing as well.

The fact of the matter is that for people to be upset that a certain team is winning the division because of a forfeit (which is part of the rules of this league) proves that the emphasis on winning is inappropriate and misplaced. For “mostly “rookie”, biased parents to be judging the performance of referees when they mostly know nothing about the LOTG because they lost the game is ridiculous.

If people think the referees are not up to snuff how does screaming at them help? More people need to step up and join the referee ranks. The problem is that nobody wants to work in a hostile environment.

Well said, 100% agree. Too many parents and clubs are solely focused on winning and not developing athletically gifted and technically sound SOCCER players. Most of these parents never played a sport and simply don't know the rules. Referees are human, they're going to make mistakes, sometimes a lot. How the heck is a referee supposed to do a standup job by themselves. Calling offsides takes 2 additional referees on the sidelines. The ref should be the least of everyone's worries at this age. Parents have ruined soccer on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seriously, who cares who wins. Let's face it, if SUSA 2010 "A" would've stayed in the division, they probably would've won it all.

Like they did the NY cup? LOL It would have been competitive I'm sure, and maybe they would have won. You'll never know now, but a decisive loss to LGN2010 says otherwise...

A parent like you has no idea what really matters when it comes to youth soccer. You judge development by the results of games and simply cannot see the forest for the trees. Lake Grove has been super competitive and they have a few talented soccer players left, but the majority are simply athletic girls who have really good size. Let's not forget their goalie who is spectacular for her age. They are not very good technical players and the team plays to its strengths which is why they play kickball. The reason why EM has beaten LG the last two times (once last fall and recently in the spring) is simply because EM has better soccer players, especially when they bring the 2 talented girls who play up in age. During the fall game, LG barely connected 2-3 passes. They stayed in the game because of the goalie. I have nothing against LG, nice group of kids and their parents have always been respectful when I've sat next to them at games. But, I do think LG has been way too focused on winning and not as much on the development of their player's technical skills.

When I watch SUSA, to me, they have the most depth and their players are not only athletic but the majority have well developed technical skills (receiving a ball, head up, dribbling, and connecting passes). This is the essence of a soccer player, athletic ability paired with technical soccer skills. EM is slightly behind SUSA in the depth department.

Christ, I’m a Susa parent and the parent from Susa writing this is just a sore loser. You sound like a fool. It’s a sport, you win some, you lose some. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seriously, who cares who wins. Let's face it, if SUSA 2010 "A" would've stayed in the division, they probably would've won it all.

Like they did the NY cup? LOL It would have been competitive I'm sure, and maybe they would have won. You'll never know now, but a decisive loss to LGN2010 says otherwise...

A parent like you has no idea what really matters when it comes to youth soccer. You judge development by the results of games and simply cannot see the forest for the trees. Lake Grove has been super competitive and they have a few talented soccer players left, but the majority are simply athletic girls who have really good size. Let's not forget their goalie who is spectacular for her age. They are not very good technical players and the team plays to its strengths which is why they play kickball. The reason why EM has beaten LG the last two times (once last fall and recently in the spring) is simply because EM has better soccer players, especially when they bring the 2 talented girls who play up in age. During the fall game, LG barely connected 2-3 passes. They stayed in the game because of the goalie. I have nothing against LG, nice group of kids and their parents have always been respectful when I've sat next to them at games. But, I do think LG has been way too focused on winning and not as much on the development of their player's technical skills.

When I watch SUSA, to me, they have the most depth and their players are not only athletic but the majority have well developed technical skills (receiving a ball, head up, dribbling, and connecting passes). This is the essence of a soccer player, athletic ability paired with technical soccer skills. EM is slightly behind SUSA in the depth department.

Christ, I’m a Susa parent and the parent from Susa writing this is just a sore loser. You sound like a fool. It’s a sport, you win some, you lose some. Move on.

SUSA parent, I'm the original poster and I'm not a SUSA nor LG parent. I think you have things mixed up. The sore loser, the parent responding to my original post is most likely an EM parent, sore because EM will most likely now come in 2nd place in the division. What would a SUSA parent have to be sore about, SUSA 2011 will probably end up winning the division?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you mean like susa using 17 yr old refs who play for susa ref susa games lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seriously, who cares who wins. Let's face it, if SUSA 2010 "A" would've stayed in the division, they probably would've won it all.

Like they did the NY cup? LOL It would have been competitive I'm sure, and maybe they would have won. You'll never know now, but a decisive loss to LGN2010 says otherwise...

A parent like you has no idea what really matters when it comes to youth soccer. You judge development by the results of games and simply cannot see the forest for the trees. Lake Grove has been super competitive and they have a few talented soccer players left, but the majority are simply athletic girls who have really good size. Let's not forget their goalie who is spectacular for her age. They are not very good technical players and the team plays to its strengths which is why they play kickball. The reason why EM has beaten LG the last two times (once last fall and recently in the spring) is simply because EM has better soccer players, especially when they bring the 2 talented girls who play up in age. During the fall game, LG barely connected 2-3 passes. They stayed in the game because of the goalie. I have nothing against LG, nice group of kids and their parents have always been respectful when I've sat next to them at games. But, I do think LG has been way too focused on winning and not as much on the development of their player's technical skills.

When I watch SUSA, to me, they have the most depth and their players are not only athletic but the majority have well developed technical skills (receiving a ball, head up, dribbling, and connecting passes). This is the essence of a soccer player, athletic ability paired with technical soccer skills. EM is slightly behind SUSA in the depth department.

Christ, I’m a Susa parent and the parent from Susa writing this is just a sore loser. You sound like a fool. It’s a sport, you win some, you lose some. Move on.

SUSA parent, I'm the original poster and I'm not a SUSA nor LG parent. I think you have things mixed up. The sore loser, the parent responding to my original post is most likely an EM parent, sore because EM will most likely now come in 2nd place in the division. What would a SUSA parent have to be sore about, SUSA 2011 will probably end up winning the division?

Read the quoted thread about the NY cup.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]

Seriously, who cares who wins. Let's face it, if SUSA 2010 "A" would've stayed in the division, they probably would've won it all.

Like they did the NY cup? LOL It would have been competitive I'm sure, and maybe they would have won. You'll never know now, but a decisive loss to LGN2010 says otherwise...

A parent like you has no idea what really matters when it comes to youth soccer. You judge development by the results of games and simply cannot see the forest for the trees. Lake Grove has been super competitive and they have a few talented soccer players left, but the majority are simply athletic girls who have really good size. Let's not forget their goalie who is spectacular for her age. They are not very good technical players and the team plays to its strengths which is why they play kickball. The reason why EM has beaten LG the last two times (once last fall and recently in the spring) is simply because EM has better soccer players, especially when they bring the 2 talented girls who play up in age. During the fall game, LG barely connected 2-3 passes. They stayed in the game because of the goalie. I have nothing against LG, nice group of kids and their parents have always been respectful when I've sat next to them at games. But, I do think LG has been way too focused on winning and not as much on the development of their player's technical skills.

When I watch SUSA, to me, they have the most depth and their players are not only athletic but the majority have well developed technical skills (receiving a ball, head up, dribbling, and connecting passes). This is the essence of a soccer player, athletic ability paired with technical soccer skills. EM is slightly behind SUSA in the depth EM beat LG the last 2 times because of one reason only .






EM beat LG the last 2 times because of one reason only . LG lost 3-4 good girls and filled them with not very good players . If they had those players still EM would get killed like the used to no matter who they brought up . EM will win again Saturday but nothing to get crazy about . LG has maybe 1 or 2 good players left and EM should try getting them . They are nowhere near Susa .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lake grove is so good they had to merge with stony brook lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
lake grove is so good they had to merge with stony brook lol
Nobody said LG was good .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the score of that Susa game last night?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Possibly the most accurate and positive post ever on this forum and immediately takes a left turn by bashing refs! I hope the last part was tongue in cheek, if you are serious your are as legit crazy as the rest of them!!!

My kid plays this age group (go figure) and there is no question that the quality of reffing has a significant effect on the outcome of many a game. I think your head is in the sand if you think otherwise.
I am sorry if it came across as ref bashing, becuse I do appreciate what they do, their contribution to my kid's ability to play the game is truly appreciated, but the consistency of ref performance is poor and it absolutely has an influence when games are within a goal or 2, as most are.


99% of games are not decided by the referee. I coached for 15 years and any time we lost it was because we didn't do enough to win or the other team was just better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last SUSA tryout tonight, last time for them to lie to all of us and tell us our kids are great and then put us o the C team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless it’s an error a fake score was put in for the SUSA g11 vrs SUSA g10 blue game. The teams NEVER played Thursday night yet a score of 1-0 with G11 winning was entered… putting them in 1st place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the league was looking to disqualify the SUSA 2011 team from the Champions Cup because they entered a score in their favor for a game that was never played, is there any truth to that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUSA G11 wins Division 1 playing a year up and the State Cup in their own age group. If you cannot take care of a team a full year younger, then you should look into lacrosse.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your joking SUSA parent. What a disgraceful organization. Having a team in your own club take a forfeit so the 11’s could win is a slap in the face to every kid on that SUSA blue team. Their coach is an angry Brit that needs to take a long look in the mirror and see the lessons he’s teaching those girls. Gary Grossman is in bed with Susa and will never do the right thing for the integrity of his league. Just to clarify to those who don’t know all the facts. The SUSA 2011 team had a game scheduled with the SuSa 2010 blue team on this past Thursday. Both teams were at the facility but the club decided they won’t play the game and will just post a 1-0 score with the 11’s being the winners. They ended up getting caught this weekend and had to have NYCSL help them out of this mess. So NYCSL decided to make an adjustment to their score and give SUSa 11’s a forfeit win. Disgraceful GARY. Maybe it’s time to get ofc your knees and have some integrity. Do the right thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surf 2010 tryouts on Tuesday at Farmingdale College. All disgruntle Susa players welcome

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Complete scam, Susa should be ashamed of themselves. Terrible life lessons to teach these kids. A game was scheduled between Susa's own two teams on the same night they practice. Yet there was no game played, and there are plenty of witnesses to attest to this. Susa entered a 1-0 score the next day. Only to get busted. So Gary Grossman ran to the rescue and changed it to a forfeit. A forfeit? Isn't that when a team cannot make the game? Funny that both teams practices that night. Gary also changed tie breaker rules. The NYCSL website earlier this week said the tie breaker was goal differential. Magically this week he added a new rule (line f in the rules) that for tournament entry, head to head will be used. Gary was called out on that in person and was stumbling over his words. Didn't know how to explain that the rules on the website changed a couple of days prior. Gary Grossman and SUSA are stealing a championship game from 10 year olds. And awarding it to a team who took forfeits their last two games. One of which was shady (CSH sour grapes), one of which was a total scam and they were caught in a lie. Susa's own parents (on both teams) are embarrassed by their club's behavior. The club should be punished and Gary should be a man of his word. You left the field yesterday, Gary, and said "I will figure out a way to fix this". Well, what's the solution? You owe these girls a championship game. Have a little integrity and do the right thing. Disgusting.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!