Spring '21 Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA | LIJSL |
| MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | ENY State Cup | WYSL | CDYSL |

Community Classifieds
Post Your FREE Ad here
Forum Search
Spring 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '21 Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Where are all the Referees?
by Anonymous - 06/24/21 10:18 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Larry Miller - 06/24/21 05:01 PM
Premier div.. boys U14 longwood Subzero
by L.subzero - 06/24/21 03:24 PM
G2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 06/24/21 02:43 PM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Larry Miller - 06/24/21 02:41 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (LIRef77), 45 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics9,063
Posts528,166
Members15,052
Most Online2,013
Jan 26th, 2014
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 52 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 51 52
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
SB board should all be fired, how they mishandled this so badly is beyond reasoning. We had a great town club and now we will be left with nothing. Mark has been treated like crap and this just isn't right.

If the board is voted in by the membership, find out when their terms end. The board has to post all elections. Then you have to find new people who are will to run and serve on the board to replace these people everyone is unhappy with. Everyone who is pissed off needs to attend a general meeting, which is your right as a member. Oppose each member not wanted and then be prepared to step up to the plate and serve the members the right way.

It is not that simple. First of all, the current's mess will linger for quite sometime. Easy to destruct, and time consuming to resurrect. I dont think a new membership will be able to create a fast turnaround without significant good press and fresh ideas. The DOC at a club is evidently a powerful position. Do you really think a new board would be able to cancel Tim "Pizza Party" Graham without a significant financial cost, and that's assuming he will want to leave.

This situation is a mess for the players and parents. Best to vote with your feet.

Larry, what you say is true. But the way I see it from all the posts, many people from SB will complain and then do nothing about it, which is why this mess exists. So they either take the hard road, which is to fight and do something about the current board mess or they say screw this, I'm outta here. Sad, but maybe if enough people leave, this Graham character and his cohorts will have no club to run and just go away. Then the club might be able to rebuild. Who knows but a terribly sad situation at SB.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry, what is the latest on mergers, Nash, Somma and KK?

I dont think they know...There is too much BS coming from Graham and board for these guys to think straight. KK and Somma are gone. Poor Mark, his loyalty to SB could be his downfall should he decide to buy the crap he is being fed..

Will they be Surfing next year along with all of their players?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

I dont think they know...There is too much BS coming from Graham and board for these guys to think straight. KK and Somma are gone. Poor Mark, his loyalty to SB could be his downfall should he decide to buy the crap he is being fed..

I think he stays out of loyalty to his older girls teams he has had for many years.

That might very well be a part, but he can take that team enmasse when he leaves and I'm assuming the team would remain that loyal to Mark.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think he stays out of loyalty to his older girls teams he has had for many years.

That might very well be a part, but he can take that team enmasse when he leaves and I'm assuming the team would remain that loyal to Mark.

The board knows this is a [****] and probably threw plenty of money at Nash to stay.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

The board knows this is a [****] and probably threw plenty of money at Nash to stay.

Who said Mark Nash is staying? Do you really think that after being the DOC he welcomes a demotion and the honor of being Tim "Pizza Party" Graham's bitch? Surely you jest!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nash going to Susa? Thats what people are saying at the fields

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Nash going to Susa? Thats what people are saying at the fields

You read it here first and last. NOT HAPPENING.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mark Nash said he was staying. you ass.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Mark Nash still has a year on his contract. If Mark stays it would mean that (1) no one was interested in bringing him on to their club, and/or (2) they wouldn't meet his price.

By the way, asshole, he still has not made a decision. Yes, you are a SB asshole, and SB is the official home of assholes and underage pizza parties.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mark Nash still has a year on his contract. If Mark stays it would mean that (1) no one was interested in bringing him on to their club, and/or (2) they wouldn't meet his price.

By the way, asshole, he still has not made a decision. Yes, you are a SB asshole, and SB is the official home of assholes and underage pizza parties.

HAHAHAHA, yes Larry it is. Run while you still can SB people

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
BOTN can now confirm that Mark Nash is going to stay at Stony Brook.

While, I don’t want to share anything that might be confidential, let me make it clear it is in Mark’s personal interest to stay there, and I don’t believe at all that he’s doing it for the club.

Well, Mark may be staying, but it is the opinion of BOTN that the players need to continue to consider other options because Mark is no longer in control and no longer the DOC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While, I don’t want to share anything that might be confidential, let me make it clear it is in Mark’s personal interest to stay there, and I don’t believe at all that he’s doing it for the club.

Well, Mark may be staying, but it is the opinion of BOTN that the players need to continue to consider other options because Mark is no longer in control and no longer the DOC.
Best guess is it is a family decision to stay on board. It takes a real man to swallow pride, and do what's right.

Hope he has a great next year, and then moves on to something where he doesn't need to swallow pride to do what he loves.

Like Reply Quote
1 member likes this: CJ Orlando
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We have been told that Mark will stay at SB as the “head” of the girls program. While this makes me happy for his older girls, I had hoped he would coach my son for years to come. Who is going to coach my son? No clue. We have been told next to nothing. Which is why we are looking elsewhere. This whole situation seems like a disaster.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
You son will be trained and coached by Tim Graham. I hope your kid likes pizza!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guessing here, but perhaps he's staying because he's forced to honor his contract and if the board isn't letting him out of it, he doesn't have many choices unless he wants to pursue legal avenues to be released which could be lengthy and expensive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you missed the part where I said we are looking elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry,

What’s worse the Tim alleged (by you) underage pizza parties or JR from SUSA allegedly (again by you) dating a player? IMO if true both are disgusting and neither one should be allowed near kids. I’m just curious why you’re so outspoken against Tim and silent about JR.

You are either a newbie, or shilling for someone or something, or clueless. On the subject of the pizza parties, I have that info directly from LGN mteam parent(s).

On the subject of JR dating a player, I believe they are now cohabitating. In that allegation, I never alluded to or stated that the player was underage. JR did date a player, and to the best of my knowledge, she was over 18. Now, what didn't ask about regarding JR is why is he no longer a tenured high school reacher? HINT: if you do a search of the message board you see posts on all your JR concerns along with documentation.

Now, did I scatch that itch for you?

Larry, tried to search but is limited to 2 years. All it comes up is the refund letter and the PRSC purchase. Can you point me in the right direction or repost?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Larry,

What’s worse the Tim alleged (by you) underage pizza parties or JR from SUSA allegedly (again by you) dating a player? IMO if true both are disgusting and neither one should be allowed near kids. I’m just curious why you’re so outspoken against Tim and silent about JR.

You are either a newbie, or shilling for someone or something, or clueless. On the subject of the pizza parties, I have that info directly from LGN mteam parent(s).

On the subject of JR dating a player, I believe they are now cohabitating. In that allegation, I never alluded to or stated that the player was underage. JR did date a player, and to the best of my knowledge, she was over 18. Now, what didn't ask about regarding JR is why is he no longer a tenured high school reacher? HINT: if you do a search of the message board you see posts on all your JR concerns along with documentation.

Now, did I scatch that itch for you?

Larry, tried to search but is limited to 2 years. All it comes up is the refund letter and the PRSC purchase. Can you point me in the right direction or repost?

You are correct about the search only going back 2 years.

I looked into this and I have a letter dated 10/4/2012 from Seth A. Lipshie, Assistant Superindendent of the Miller Place School District stating:

Dear Mr. Miller,

We are in receipt of your letter. Please be advised that John R. Balzarini is no longer employed by the Miller Place Union Free School District as of September 16 , 2012.

Sincerely,
Seth A Lipshie

Following that letter BOTN did publish the letter and other documentation including a very candid post outlining my attempts to discuss this matter with the Smithtown SC president where I was unsuccessful.

I should point out that my issues with JR had to with his interactions with BOTN and the message board and were not related to his working with LIPS.

The posts are still on the message board but you will have to back to the posts from the Summer of 2012 and then hit a few pages forward and it will be there. I will also look and if I find it first I will post the link to the post(s).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry, what you say is true. But the way I see it from all the posts, many people from SB will complain and then do nothing about it, which is why this mess exists. So they either take the hard road, which is to fight and do something about the current board mess or they say screw this, I'm outta here. Sad, but maybe if enough people leave, this Graham character and his cohorts will have no club to run and just go away. Then the club might be able to rebuild. Who knows but a terribly sad situation at SB.
This is my take as well. I gave up trying to fight the process, and took my kid somewhere, where they would be valued and enjoy soccer minus the drama.

I tried to get people who stated they were upset with the way things were working, to band together and affect change. They were all petrified to actually do so. In my opinion, the folks who agreed with me, who did nothing when the time came have nothing to complain about. They had a chance, and they were too scared to take it.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I expect a major announcement on this today...it should cause some chatter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SB / LGN ,, SB/ Athletico or a combo of all 3 to really get the weekend off to nice start

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What kind of announcement now?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

A really good one !!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

SB / LGN ,, SB/ Athletico or a combo of all 3 to really get the weekend off to nice start

Nope

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A really good one !!!!!!