Spring '21 Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA | LIJSL |
| MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | ENY State Cup | WYSL | CDYSL |

Community Classifieds
Post Your FREE Ad here
Forum Search
Spring 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '21 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Larry Miller - 05/14/21 09:23 AM
G2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 08:45 AM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 07:08 AM
G2006:U15 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 07:03 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Larry Miller, JTobia1127), 78 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 50 1 2 48 49 50
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow just wow! The way people talk to each other on these threads is ridiculous! I’m pretty sure most would agree watching their kid play on any level gives them enjoyment! And 15 years from now let’s just see where these kids land. I’m pretty sure they will all succeed in their own way and not just because they played on a top team!!

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow just wow! The way people talk to each other on these threads is ridiculous! I’m pretty sure most would agree watching their kid play on any level gives them enjoyment! And 15 years from now let’s just see where these kids land. I’m pretty sure they will all succeed in their own way and not just because they played on a top team!!

Amen. Yes, you would think that would be the case, but apparently not. These people - which I bet is like 5% of posters/viewers seeming like 80% because they never stop - sure seem miserable. They all think their kid is going pro, when in reality the best case scenario for almost all of them is a cup of coffee in D1 somewhere before settling down in their real careers. Eight or so years from now - less time than they've probably already been playing - it will all be over. Yet they don't want to enjoy the ride.

Maybe their kid even stays close to the sport as a trainer or coach and turns that into a rewarding career. But most that go that route will get there due more to their love/passion/perseverance for the sport rather than which of the current top five or six clubs on our island that they specifically played for when they were 12 or 13 years old. But not if Dad is hellbent on making them hate it first.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way that this is true ? From the 09 thread, Em 08 is bringing down two 2010 players to play for them in South Carolina ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way that this is true ? From the 09 thread, Em 08 is bringing down two 2010 players to play for them in South Carolina ?

Probably true. Big Lax tourney that weekend. Probably a bunch of kids heading there instead of SC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably true. Big Lax tourney that weekend. Probably a bunch of kids heading there instead of SC.

Which lax tourney?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YEP!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How serious are the 2008 players taking EM? I’d be upset if I was one of
those parents wasting money on travel expenses to then have players from younger age groups to fill in spots in a tournament to have players who want to play LAX. Where is the commitment? Shameful.

I guess the rumor is true, plenty of open spots coming up in EM ECNL team! Great opportunities for players who want to take it serious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
those parents wasting money on travel expenses to then have players from younger age groups to fill in spots in a tournament to have players who want to play LAX. Where is the commitment? Shameful.

I guess the rumor is true, plenty of open spots coming up in EM ECNL team! Great opportunities for players who want to take it serious.

Auburndale team dismantling at just the right time. Plug and play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Believe it's 2 girls who are choosing to go Lax-only due to the conflicts. Not sure there are "plenty of open spots" on the EM ENCL side. We've heard it before, this is the age where some kids are going to choose other sports or just lose interest.

Nice to see some decorum on this page of our forum, let's continue with the positive progress!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Believe it's 2 girls who are choosing to go Lax-only due to the conflicts. Not sure there are "plenty of open spots" on the EM ENCL side. We've heard it before, this is the age where some kids are going to choose other sports or just lose interest.

Nice to see some decorum on this page of our forum, let's continue with the positive progress!

Heard it’s closer to five. Kids start to focus on what they enjoy most at this age. In some cases, it’s something else besides sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe it’s 2 because of lax. Injuries and covid I believe other reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Minimum of 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This chat went silent. Tryouts are coming up. Where is everyone going?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This chat went silent. Tryouts are coming up. Where is everyone going?

Probably to the best team that provides an offer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the ECNL and GDA teams announce coaches for next year? EM? SUSA? LISC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will be going to Surf, Barca and EM tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not LISC. They have too many players/teams at this age group already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why not SUSA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will be going to Surf, Barca and EM tryouts

And they will all offer you spots. It's just a matter of which flavor Kool aid you choose. That's just youth soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Already got bumped down to the B team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered