Spring '21 Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA | LIJSL |
| MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | ENY State Cup | WYSL | CDYSL |

Community Classifieds
Post Your FREE Ad here
Forum Search
Spring 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '21 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 05/06/21 02:44 PM
GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2020
by Anonymous - 05/06/21 12:34 PM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 05/06/21 12:28 PM
FC SESA Girls Tryouts
by Larry Miller - 05/06/21 12:01 PM
Rocky Point Rockies G2004
by MikeSurf - 05/06/21 11:46 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Larry Miller), 62 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
anyone's kid have conflict with Saturday if they make final? And being told they will be benched 3/4 games for missing one league game? They've had so much taken from them, with the way school is and everything Covid. And yes I know it is "JUST SCHOOL BALL" but the kids love playing for their school and take pride in that and now being told they will be benched and have to choose. Its not right.

Tough desicion for these kids. It is also just league ball at the end of the day. Neither is terribly important in the big scheme of things. Families pay for league ball and tax payers pay for school ball so maybe go with the one that is being financed by your friends and neighbors out of respect for the community. On the other hand, if a kid is trying to be recruited, the league games will help more so maybe non-committed player should choose the league game and committed players play school ball?

Don't know the right answer but in either case, I have yet to see a school or club team without too big a roster so I am sure there will be plenty of eager players available to play both games however it shakes out.

Who knows each player's individual situation. Again, in the middle of a pandemic that has caused great hardship to hundreds of thousands of families, this is a good problem to have I suppose. Good luck to all the players thai spring wherever and whoever they are playing.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone's kid have conflict with Saturday if they make final? And being told they will be benched 3/4 games for missing one league game? They've had so much taken from them, with the way school is and everything Covid. And yes I know it is "JUST SCHOOL BALL" but the kids love playing for their school and take pride in that and now being told they will be benched and have to choose. Its not right.

Tough desicion for these kids. It is also just league ball at the end of the day. Neither is terribly important in the big scheme of things. Families pay for league ball and tax payers pay for school ball so maybe go with the one that is being financed by your friends and neighbors out of respect for the community. On the other hand, if a kid is trying to be recruited, the league games will help more so maybe non-committed player should choose the league game and committed players play school ball?

Don't know the right answer but in either case, I have yet to see a school or club team without too big a roster so I am sure there will be plenty of eager players available to play both games however it shakes out.

Who knows each player's individual situation. Again, in the middle of a pandemic that has caused great hardship to hundreds of thousands of families, this is a good problem to have I suppose. Good luck to all the players thai spring wherever and whoever they are playing.

As much as I hate HS soccer, being in the finals would be worth getting benched in a club game for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commack all the way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play on the team that generally gives you more playing time. If you're a bench player on a club--screw them and represent your high school. If you're also a bench high school player then you need to stop playing soccer!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commack all the way

I'm going with Newfield.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commack all the way

I'm going with Newfield.

Newfield is good but the keeper won’t hold up against Commack strikers.

Commack 3-1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commack all the way

I'm going with Newfield.

Commack 3-1

We shall see, I will go with 2-1 Newfield. Bets on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commack all the way

I'm going with Newfield.

Commack 3-1
Commack strikers are better than in years past. They will make the difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commack all the way

I'm going with Newfield.

Commack 3-1
Commack strikers are better than in years past. They will make the difference.

It will be a good matchup regardless. If Newfield can handle the Commack chippiness, I think they will win. Regardless of winner though, it will be a good game overall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newfield starters get tired and coach don’t use his bench

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newfield starters get tired and coach don’t use his bench

All the teams are like that. Commack uses just a few subs. If Commack is more fit than Newfield, they will probably win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are completely INCORRECT. Get your facts straight....First..WM players did NOT leave signs at all. This was the act of 3 NON players who attended the game as spectators. THAT IS FACT, stop spreading lies. and insighting ingorance. The players are not responsible for what a spectator brings or leaves there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, Dumb people making comments without knowing the TRUTH;

IT was NOT ANY PLAYERS who did anything.
IT was the 3 boys SPECTATORS who did this.

Players are not responsible for the actions of spectators. IF that was the case, then
Should loud mouth Dad screaming at the Ref or the field players at any game make the entire team responsible for his behavior.

FLOYD Parents, get facts straight before posting WRONG info. Serioiusly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW if a team is made responsibe for actions of their fans then SEVERAL fans at lot of games are responsible for bad behavior (Parents and student fans) WOW. What a dumb thing to say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grow a set, dont let your club team bully you. Seriously.
If you are a player on a HS team and you make the final championship game, then by all means dont say F-You to your HS team and not show up. The other girls and coaches will see this and know where your loyalty is. Stop thinking that 1 or 2 or 3 games will make any differnce in your little girls life. It wont. Grow a set and stop being bullied by your club team that by the way, you fund. Are you a parent or a "subject" of that team. Make your choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, Dumb people making comments without knowing the TRUTH;

IT was NOT ANY PLAYERS who did anything.
IT was the 3 boys SPECTATORS who did this.

Players are not responsible for the actions of spectators. IF that was the case, then
Should loud mouth Dad screaming at the Ref or the field players at any game make the entire team responsible for his behavior.

FLOYD Parents, get facts straight before posting WRONG info. Serioiusly

The school is responsible for it's spectators. What action was taken at the event in the stands? Did the WM coach go over there and have the signs removed and the boy spectators removed or did no one do anything? No one has answered what was done to remedy the situation, other than one boy was suspended. Don't complain about people wanting action taken for a heinous deed and then not state what corrective actions were taken.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this game was held AT FLOYD, where was the supervision of the hired security then?

The coach , way across the field, cant even see the signs anyway. No one could . He is concentrating on the field, not the stands.

Floyd security lost the ball on this one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this game was held AT FLOYD, where was the supervision of the hired security then?

The coach , way across the field, cant even see the signs anyway. No one could . He is concentrating on the field, not the stands.

Complete failure of Floyd's security people, which consist of the paid security company and the school personnel. The WM team also has school representatives at the game as well. Adults failed to do their job all the way around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are completely INCORRECT. Get your facts straight....First..WM players did NOT leave signs at all. This was the act of 3 NON players who attended the game as spectators. THAT IS FACT, stop spreading lies. and insighting ingorance. The players are not responsible for what a spectator brings or leaves there.

Actually you need to get your facts straight , a see into player was suspended and the players are the ones calling the Hispanic kids on the team racist names.So know you’re own facts. This has gone in for 2 years straight some of those kids are disgusting racists they must be taught well by their parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The WM coach was saying racist things last year towardsFloyd players and it actually brought up in here. That team must have something against Floyd because there is no reason for the racist and homophobic comments that come from the stand and players and a senior on the tam was also suspended for the signs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The WM coach was saying racist things last year towardsFloyd players and it actually brought up in here. That team must have something against Floyd because there is no reason for the racist and homophobic comments that come from the stand and players and a senior on the tam was also suspended for the signs

The coach is gone and has been replaced. The parents with the negative kids are gone too! Nothing to write home about anymore. Move on to a better topic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grow a set, dont let your club team bully you. Seriously.
If you are a player on a HS team and you make the final championship game, then by all means dont say F-You to your HS team and not show up. The other girls and coaches will see this and know where your loyalty is. Stop thinking that 1 or 2 or 3 games will make any differnce in your little girls life. It wont. Grow a set and stop being bullied by your club team that by the way, you fund. Are you a parent or a "subject" of that team. Make your choice.

You are oversimplifying this because the club play is also important for college recruiting and that has been disrupted by the pandemic like everything else. Some club players have spent a lot of time and money and may have promised game film to a D1, D2 or D3, college coach or invited a D3 coach to watch the club game.

IMO the coaches need to deal with each situation individually and respect the pickle some of these kids are in. No one asked for a pandemic and no one asked for the club season and the high school season to be run at the same time. Be happy for every kid that is finally out on the field getting to play soccer no matter what field it is. everyone is under enough pressure without added pressure from HS or club sports.

Other than the families of the players involved, no one knows or cares who won these championships in either hs or club last year and no one will know or care about this year next year. So leave all the kids alone and respect their decision. whatever they chose.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!