Spring '21 Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA | LIJSL |
| MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | ENY State Cup | WYSL | CDYSL |

Community Classifieds
Post Your FREE Ad here
Forum Search
Spring 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '21 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 05/06/21 02:44 PM
GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2020
by Anonymous - 05/06/21 12:34 PM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 05/06/21 12:28 PM
FC SESA Girls Tryouts
by Larry Miller - 05/06/21 12:01 PM
Rocky Point Rockies G2004
by MikeSurf - 05/06/21 11:46 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Larry Miller), 62 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 50 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 49 50
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LISC plays with 4 defenders.
11v11, how many teams do you know that dont play with 4 defenders? Since no coaches have any creativity, its almost always 4-3-3.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11v11, how many teams do you know that dont play with 4 defenders? Since no coaches have any creativity, its almost always 4-3-3.

LISC academy play 6 - 3- Hail Mary, formation. Very innovative stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My comment was in response to another individual's claim that LISC is relevant because of 3 defenders when they play with 4 in the back. Not sure why my comment was not captured in the thread and appeared as a standalone comment. I do agree that most teams do play with 4 in the back.

In all the GA games we've played, I don't recall seeing any team play a 4-3-3, in fact, most play with a lone striker.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A friend who's daughter is looking to make a move to one of the 3 that play in ECNL/GA (SUSA, EM, LISC) went to see the EM vs SUSA game. They said that SUSA completely outplayed and dominated 70% of the possession which culminated in SUSA winning 3-0. Congrats to the SUSA girls, you don't need to score 10 goals to dominate a game. As an LISC parent, it's clear that SUSA has established itself as one of, if not the best team in LI in the 2008 age group.

Regardless of what you may think of SUSA and how they've grown, they've been successful in terms of results across most of the age brackets and that's a huge attraction for many players. It would be great to see more players that reside in Nassau funnel into either EM or LISC. But of course, every parent (me included)) wants their kid to play on an "A" team. Can't make the "A" team on SUSA, go to EM, can't make it there then go to LISC. But, this doesn't actually help the top players as they're not all playing together on the same team. While I'm sure many of the top players on LI at this age group are on the SUSA team, they don't have ALL[i][/i][u][/u] of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you so concerned about LISC and their formation? I'm sure your of the opinion that your daughter's team is better than LISC, so why post such a sarcastic and ridiculous comment? What youth soccer team plays such an innovative format? You're just another troll on this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard after this weekend, Rauri will study the 6 in the back formation very closely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, am 99.99% sure NOT ONE player on LGN would make the SUSA "A" team. Actually, I'm 100% sure! LGN played the LISC top team in the fall NYCSL league, LGN is a nice town team that doesn't have a single player that would make either SUSA, EM, or LISC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team does your daughter play for and did you hear this from an LISC parent or make the observation yourself?

For what it's worth, the LISC GA (top team) does have a strong defense as evidenced by the results in the GA games they've played (3 goals allowed in 8 matches), but they haven't played the top 2 teams from MA yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You clearly have very little knowledge about soccer, probably NO CLUE in fact. Creativity and innovation is a result of playing ability NOT a formation which is simply a strategic playing philosophy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction to the first poster's comments (Susa has best girls in age group), SUSA has several of the BEST players in the age group, NOT ALL. There are many girls on EM and LISC better than some players on SUSA. This post was probably from a parent whose child is the 18th rostered SUSA player, or one who doesn't even dress for games.

Correction to the 2nd poster's comments, this parent is obviously an EM parent who is trying to justify an ass-kicking by their SUSA rivals. That's right, SUSA dominated EM and won the game 3-0.

FYI, corrections made by an impartial LISC parent who could care less about either SUSA or EM...just sayin!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The formation usually has NOTHING to do with getting beat especially in a 3-0 game where one team completely dominates the possession.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HEY LARRY, this site really needs improvement. Why does almost every "REPLY" to a comment get posted as a standalone comment??

2 recommendations, fix the site and have people register in order to post, that way we can see if it's a single troll making comments as anonymous.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
HEY LARRY, this site really needs improvement. Why does almost every "REPLY" to a comment get posted as a standalone comment??

2 recommendations, fix the site and have people register in order to post, that way we can see if it's a single troll making comments as anonymous.

HEY ANONYMOUS

Learn how to use the board and you’ll find that it works perfectly just like it did in this post. You want everyone to register? How about you start by trying and testing the registration function?

I know whether or not it’s a single troll or not every time. There is no need for you to Vern yourself. Now, don’t you feel better knowing I’m on the case?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry, testing a response to your comment to see if it gets captured in the thread. I've posted a few comments in reply to others and it hasn't worked perfectly fine (posted as a standalone comment instead of in the thread) which is why i directed to feedback to you. I'm glad your on the case!

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Larry, testing a response to your comment to see if it gets captured in the thread. I've posted a few comments in reply to others and it hasn't worked perfectly fine (posted as a standalone comment instead of in the thread) which is why i directed to feedback to you. I'm glad your on the case!

I have no idea what you are talking about. i dont think you do either. Are you saying you are trying to make a new post and that isnt working?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Larry, let me try to explain what i am referring to when I say "in the thread" vs "standalone" comments. Look at post # 753033, that is what i refer to as a thread, someone posts an initial comment and there are other posts replying to those comments where they can be read in the same “thread”. Whereas, look at post #753034, that is in response (by replying) to post #752967 (LGN is also making moves to Susa.. they will be stocked.), yet it wasn’t captured in the thread. Hope that is clearer, it’s the best way I can explain why I stated that the site does not appear to be working correctly.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Ok Larry, let me try to explain what i am referring to when I say "in the thread" vs "standalone" comments. Look at post # 753033, that is what i refer to as a thread, someone posts an initial comment and there are other posts replying to those comments where they can be read in the same “thread”. Whereas, look at post #753034, that is in response (by replying) to post #752967 (LGN is also making moves to Susa.. they will be stocked.), yet it wasn’t captured in the thread. Hope that is clearer, it’s the best way I can explain why I stated that the site does not appear to be working correctly.

So like this POST your point is QUOTED above, as it is in post #753033, buthat in post #753034 the post reply to another post is not there. Do I have it correct and that is what your issue is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the issue Larry, thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LISC = losing culture. FL showcase this weekend results in o'fers for both 05 & 06 teams. Waste of time and money plus missing school

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
That is the issue Larry, thanks!

Since that is the issue here is the solution.....BEFORE YOU HIT THE REPLY BUTTON HIT THE QUOTE BUTTON to the right of the REPLY button...problem solved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LISC = losing culture. FL showcase this weekend results in o'fers for both 05 & 06 teams. Waste of time and money plus missing school

Appreciate the update but this is a forum for the 2008 age group. The 2008 LISC GA team was formed less than a year ago and has a WINNING record, you can check the standings for yourself. Wake up and get a clue on what's going on instead of bashing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both those teams are way better then the joke LISC.

Another opinion piece backed by ZERO facts as neither SUSA nor EM has EVER played the 2008 LISC GA team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all, culture takes 5-7 years to develop. How long has LISC been around? Also, culture is not evidenced in wins and losses. Greg Popovich has established culture...it is culture that allows players to continue to grow and develop in spite of the wins and losses...but that's okay, keep drinking the Kool-Aid at your team of future world cup stars

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard after this weekend, Rauri will study the 6 in the back formation very closely.

Rauiri's ego is too big, plus he doesn't coach...unless you call sitting on your a$$ coaching. He's a good trainer but his "let them figure it out" coaching philosophy shouldn't be applied to young developing players.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Rauiri's ego is too big, plus he doesn't coach...unless you call sitting on your a$$ coaching. He's a good trainer but his "let them figure it out" coaching philosophy shouldn't be applied to young developing players.

Rauri has always been controversial and a bit inept. Rauri is symptomatic of coaching and training in general on Long Island. Kudos to the moms and dads that in years past dominated the town clubs, and to lesser degree continue. However, with advent of these soccer salesman and goosing the parents into believing their kid is scholarship material we have a serious bunch of check and cash collectors, while the very competent and quality coaching and training is way out of town.

Living on Long Island is very expensive and the pay model for these so-called professionals do allow for the quality of life and compensation that can be enjoyed in areas less populated with an exhausted amount of clubs. One only has to look at the top tournaments and college acceptances from kids in the far reaches of the country to see my observations are on target. For Long island, guys like Rauri are a dime a dozen at Rolls Royce prices.

Hey folks, its your money so dont complain because if you jump ship the odds are you get the same results in the new club like you currently have, as there really are limited choices on the Island and that goes for EMSC, Barca, SUSA, Met Oval, Gotschee and others.

Like Reply Quote
Page 41 of 50 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 49 50
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!