Spring '21 Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA | LIJSL |
| MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | ENY State Cup | WYSL | CDYSL |


Community Classifieds
Post Your FREE Ad here
Forum Search
Spring 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '21 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 05/06/21 02:44 PM
GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2020
by Anonymous - 05/06/21 12:34 PM
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 05/06/21 12:28 PM
FC SESA Girls Tryouts
by Larry Miller - 05/06/21 12:01 PM
Rocky Point Rockies G2004
by MikeSurf - 05/06/21 11:46 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 55 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
BOTN Translation
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 40 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 39 40
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know I find it both disgusting and pathetic that a strong woman who happens to be in a board position for a club is so threatening to men. As a woman who is an executive in the corporate world....I see this often. I've been accused myself of "sleeping my way to the top" and having to endure the ridicule. The judgement for not having children until my career was settled. The rumors are hurtful, degrading and archaic. My daughter plays in this club and I am proud and grateful that there is a woman who is in an executive position modeling that women have a place in sports. I can't do that for her. I do my part in a different genre of the world.
Just because this woman happens to also be quite attractive that means she has to be "sleeping" with men who are in power? Would we be saying the same if she looked different? I doubt it. It is a disgusting world we live in. These are all speculative, jealous, inflammatory rumors from people who are unable to step into the modern world and see outside of the stereotypes without just objectifying women. I teach my sons to respect women. I guess most people on this site were never taught that.
Newsflash: Women are able to make decisions without men. Women are not controlled by men. Women are not "sleeping" with every man they talk to, collaborate with, interact with or work with. Single, married, widowed, divorced.....Women are intelligent, strong, independent and resilient. I'm sure this is wasted on here...on people who clearly just contribute to the problems and don't have the intelligence, insight or any class. So, I say, thank you to this President and to this DOC and this club for doing what you think is right and I am sorry you are being so grossly attacked.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You know I find it both disgusting and pathetic that a strong woman who happens to be in a board position for a club is so threatening to men. As a woman who is an executive in the corporate world....I see this often. I've been accused myself of "sleeping my way to the top" and having to endure the ridicule. The judgement for not having children until my career was settled. The rumors are hurtful, degrading and archaic. My daughter plays in this club and I am proud and grateful that there is a woman who is in an executive position modeling that women have a place in sports. I can't do that for her. I do my part in a different genre of the world.
Just because this woman happens to also be quite attractive that means she has to be "sleeping" with men who are in power? Would we be saying the same if she looked different? I doubt it. It is a disgusting world we live in. These are all speculative, jealous, inflammatory rumors from people who are unable to step into the modern world and see outside of the stereotypes without just objectifying women. I teach my sons to respect women. I guess most people on this site were never taught that.
Newsflash: Women are able to make decisions without men. Women are not controlled by men. Women are not "sleeping" with every man they talk to, collaborate with, interact with or work with. Single, married, widowed, divorced.....Women are intelligent, strong, independent and resilient. I'm sure this is wasted on here...on people who clearly just contribute to the problems and don't have the intelligence, insight or any class. So, I say, thank you to this President and to this DOC and this club for doing what you think is right and I am sorry you are being so grossly attacked.

idont think anyone said the club president was sleeping her to the top. i think it is that the president a woman is above the doc who is a man so your point seems more of ansider trying to make make that comment seem like it couldnt be true. it is a rumor and it seems to also be the opinion of a few who know these people or it isnt

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,769
Likes: 37
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,769
Likes: 37
I think the focus should be focused on the pizza parties. I really dont care who is sleeping with whom but it does make for some chatting. Where there is smoke there is fire. Maybe I should raise the travel arrangements a few years back when the young female trainer that traveled with Tim, I'm told shared his motel bedroom with him. Tim, you remember her don't you? Her name began with the letter "D".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please, the implication is most certainly there. You've validated my point. It is a rumor and opinion that she is making decisions that are influenced because she is "sleeping" with someone. It is all part of the same historical problem of objectifying women. It is just too threatening for men and/or women to accept.
The term you choose is semantics. We all know what the references are.
I have no insider information...I speak from my own experience as well as from what I see. I have never seen her to be anything other than responsive, professional and intelligent.

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,769
Likes: 37
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,769
Likes: 37
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Please, the implication is most certainly there. You've validated my point. It is a rumor and opinion that she is making decisions that are influenced because she is "sleeping" with someone. It is all part of the same historical problem of objectifying women. It is just too threatening for men and/or women to accept.
The term you choose is semantics. We all know what the references are.
I have no insider information...I speak from my own experience as well as from what I see. I have never seen her to be anything other than responsive, professional and intelligent.


let's see...you say you have no insider information, yet a few words later you say that you have never seen her be anything other responsive, professional, and intelligent.

Me thinks you now have contradicted yourself and are not as objective as you say you are....let it go and stop trying to fix what you can't fix...and unlike you I have no dog in this fight...just reporting back what I know from multiple sources. Deal with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
I think the focus should be focused on the pizza parties. I really dont care who is sleeping with whom but it does make for some chatting. Where there is smoke there is fire. Maybe I should raise the travel arrangements a few years back when the young female trainer that traveled with Tim, I'm told shared his motel bedroom with him. Tim, you remember her don't you? Her name began with the letter "D".
I believe I know this trainer as my oldest had her as trainer when we were with LG before it became LGN.

For the sake of confirmation I don't see this trainer listed on the LGN list of trainers with teams, and frankly she was a great trainer that I'd have no issues with using again. Only complaint was that Tim kept pushing her to push us for additional training so that he could bill. I don't want to put out too much info on her as it would be doxxing her, but if it's who I think it is it's a shame, as she's a good kid.

Also spoke to a parent of a current SB kid last night, and they got the email and I let them know to run like hell, and they suspect that they'll be over in Smithtown with us next year. They had no idea Kurt, or his crew were gone at the end of the Spring until I told them this would happen a few weeks back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your mistake, your whole team is going to Surf wit hKurt, open your eyes and follow the wave

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RIDE THE WAVE! SURF-LETICO WHERE SB AND LGN PLAYERS LACE THEM UP.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry, can you find out when Surf tryouts will be up? I see East Meadow and Susa have announced, what are they waiting for???

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,769
Likes: 37
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,769
Likes: 37
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Larry, can you find out when Surf tryouts will be up? I see
East Meadow and Susa have announced, what are they waiting for???

I expect to try out a flyer from surf either later today or by tomorrow I know that they try out announcements are eminent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown? Go to Atletico. Best trainers. And they clearly aren’t in it for the $. Probably one of the only ones out there who truly care about the kids.

Like Reply Quote
1 member likes this: CJ Orlando
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical that tryouts for next year are up for SUSA opening weekend of the spring season. They really only care about adding registrations. They should spend more time on developing quality players. Besides a nice facility what’s the reason a kid should play for them?

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,769
Likes: 37
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,769
Likes: 37
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Typical that tryouts for next year are up for SUSA opening weekend of the spring season. They really only care about adding registrations. They should spend more time on developing quality players. Besides a nice facility what’s the reason a kid should play for them?


What other reason besides nice indoor and outdoor facilities? How about you start with boys and girls ECNL and work your way down? See, they are just like Stony Brook and LGN, arent they? smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This merge will help stability at both clubs for at least several years, and if the new DOC is as bad as you say he is he'll be gone in no time. I will miss Mark Nash when he leaves though, and I won't blame him for doing so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This merge will help stability at both clubs for at least several years, and if the new DOC is as bad as you say he is he'll be gone in no time. I will miss Mark Nash when he leaves though, and I won't blame him for doing so.

Mark should be gone. Who wants to deal with the psycho board members who treat him like crap. I don’t understand why he stayed so long. D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He stayed for a six-figure salary

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
He stayed for a six-figure salary

How would you know what he earns?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This merge will help stability at both clubs for at least several years, and if the new DOC is as bad as you say he is he'll be gone in no time. I will miss Mark Nash when he leaves though, and I won't blame him for doing so.

Stability? I think you are dreaming. The club will be ripped apart by the lunatics running it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This merge will help stability at both clubs for at least several years, and if the new DOC is as bad as you say he is he'll be gone in no time. I will miss Mark Nash when he leaves though, and I won't blame him for doing so.

Shameful how his board have sold him out for someone like TG.its a huge loss if he leaves Stony Brook.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
He stayed for a six-figure salary

How would you know what he earns?

Or if he is staying?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Typical that tryouts for next year are up for SUSA opening weekend of the spring season. They really only care about adding registrations. They should spend more time on developing quality players. Besides a nice facility what’s the reason a kid should play for them?


What other reason besides nice indoor and outdoor facilities? How about you start with boys and girls ECNL and work your way down? See, they are just like Stony Brook and LGN, arent they? smile

ECNL girls is good but Boys ECNL is weak. USYS NL is a better league. The top boys players are in MLS Next. With all of the players SUSA has on boys side even Newsday didn’t recognize many as top players on LI. And we didn’t even get into the poor coaching staff they have. After losing some TOP trainers after this year they will be an even worse staff. That is fact just go ask Musa and he will tell you their best coach is leaving. They lost a TOP coach last year and another couple leaving this year. Not a good trend as they only replace them with low level guys. Hopefully, they are making a push for Mark Nash they will need something.

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,769
Likes: 37
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,769
Likes: 37
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Typical that tryouts for next year are up for SUSA opening weekend of the spring season. They really only care about adding registrations. They should spend more time on developing quality players. Besides a nice facility what’s the reason a kid should play for them?


What other reason besides nice indoor and outdoor facilities? How about you start with boys and girls ECNL and work your way down? See, they are just like Stony Brook and LGN, arent they? smile

ECNL girls is good but Boys ECNL is weak. USYS NL is a better league. The top boys players are in MLS Next. With all of the players SUSA has on boys side even Newsday didn’t recognize many as top players on LI. And we didn’t even get into the poor coaching staff they have. After losing some TOP trainers after this year they will be an even worse staff. That is fact just go ask Musa and he will tell you their best coach is leaving. They lost a TOP coach last year and another couple leaving this year. Not a good trend as they only replace them with low level guys. Hopefully, they are making a push for Mark Nash they will need something.

Let me help you here. First, Mark Nash is not talking to SUSA. I have checked. Now to ECNL boys where I expect there will be an adjustment made to the boys program on the Island and I'm not sure when that will be announced.

Your post is akin to piece of glass where we can all see through it. SUSA is a full time operation. No board members with their own kids' agenda as to why they are there. Some of the clubs that are in the area might want to consolidate and start practicing what they really are and that is a business if they plan to survive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Typical that tryouts for next year are up for SUSA opening weekend of the spring season. They really only care about adding registrations. They should spend more time on developing quality players. Besides a nice facility what’s the reason a kid should play for them?


What other reason besides nice indoor and outdoor facilities? How about you start with boys and girls ECNL and work your way down? See, they are just like Stony Brook and LGN, arent they? smile

ECNL girls is good but Boys ECNL is weak. USYS NL is a better league. The top boys players are in MLS Next. With all of the players SUSA has on boys side even Newsday didn’t recognize many as top players on LI. And we didn’t even get into the poor coaching staff they have. After losing some TOP trainers after this year they will be an even worse staff. That is fact just go ask Musa and he will tell you their best coach is leaving. They lost a TOP coach last year and another couple leaving this year. Not a good trend as they only replace them with low level guys. Hopefully, they are making a push for Mark Nash they will need something.

Let me help you here. First, Mark Nash is not talking to SUSA. I have checked. Now to ECNL boys where I expect there will be an adjustment made to the boys program on the Island and I'm not sure when that will be announced.

Your post is akin to piece of glass where we can all see through it. SUSA is a full time operation. No board members with their own kids' agenda as to why they are there. Some of the clubs that are in the area might want to consolidate and start practicing what they really are and that is a business if they plan to survive.

My statement was SUSA should talk to Mark Nash since they are losing more quality coaches at the end of the year. Over the past few years SUSA lost quality coaches and replaced them with low level guys. Guys like JR, Dan, Paul, and others from Brentwood and Albertson. Some of these guys have major character flaws as well. I only know of these flaws from reading your opinion of them here on BOTN.

Unless SUSA and East Meadow bring in a new coaching staff or ECNL finds a club with a top staff nothing will change. MLS Next only clubs developing players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Typical that tryouts for next year are up for SUSA opening weekend of the spring season. They really only care about adding registrations. They should spend more time on developing quality players. Besides a nice facility what’s the reason a kid should play for them?


What other reason besides nice indoor and outdoor facilities? How about you start with boys and girls ECNL and work your way down? See, they are just like Stony Brook and LGN, arent they? smile

ECNL girls is good but Boys ECNL is weak. USYS NL is a better league. The top boys players are in MLS Next. With all of the players SUSA has on boys side even Newsday didn’t recognize many as top players on LI. And we didn’t even get into the poor coaching staff they have. After losing some TOP trainers after this year they will be an even worse staff. That is fact just go ask Musa and he will tell you their best coach is leaving. They lost a TOP coach last year and another couple leaving this year. Not a good trend as they only replace them with low level guys. Hopefully, they are making a push for Mark Nash they will need something.

Let me help you here. First, Mark Nash is not talking to SUSA. I have checked. Now to ECNL boys where I expect there will be an adjustment made to the boys program on the Island and I'm not sure when that will be announced.

Your post is akin to piece of glass where we can all see through it. SUSA is a full time operation. No board members with their own kids' agenda as to why they are there. Some of the clubs that are in the area might want to consolidate and start practicing what they really are and that is a business if they plan to survive.

My statement was SUSA should talk to Mark Nash since they are losing more quality coaches at the end of the year. Over the past few years SUSA lost quality coaches and replaced them with low level guys. Guys like JR, Dan, Paul, and others from Brentwood and Albertson. Some of these guys have major character flaws as well. I only know of these flaws from reading your opinion of them here on BOTN.

Unless SUSA and East Meadow bring in a new coaching staff or ECNL finds a club with a top staff nothing will change. MLS Next only clubs developing players.

Nobody worked harder the Nash. Did he make mistakes? Sure. Is he a bad person? Not at all. He is a gentleman who gave everything to the club. Hope this new position works out for him.

Like Reply Quote
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,769
Likes: 37
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,769
Likes: 37
This new position is a demotion and Mark Nash was never told about his new position nor was it discussed with him. Mark has been treated like a piece of [****] from Tim Graham, who to be clear is the top person at Stony brook. It will be interesting to see who goes and who stays, coaches, trainers, and players at the end of the season.

If the purpose of demoting and denigrating Mark was to help him see that he is no longer respected, needed, or wanted at Stony Brook, then the board and Tim Graham have been successful.

If you know Tim Graham then you know he doesn't like to work which is his players are asked to do training. Tim is a talker, but in the end as dumb as a rock or at 52 he wouldn't still be hustling and BSing parents and players.

Someone wrote above that I dont like Tim Graham which is why I am up his ass. Not true. I do not know him personally. I never met or spoke or had any direct communication with him ever. I simply know a smart successful adult from a failure and a flopper, and that is Tim Graham. I simply have no respect for any aspect of him, and adding my disrespect for him are his underage pizza parties.

Like Reply Quote
Page 32 of 40 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 39 40
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!