Spring '21 Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA | LIJSL |
| MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | ENY State Cup | WYSL | CDYSL |

BOTN Translation
Forum Search
BOTN Event Countdown to the...
Spring 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '21 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 04/17/21 07:22 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Larry Miller - 04/17/21 05:41 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by LIRef77 - 04/17/21 10:32 AM
B2009:U12 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 04/16/21 11:11 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 33 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 32 33
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a parent who has had many kids go through this club. Across three different presidents. (second marriage) The current president has totally stepped in and taken on a bigger role than ANYONE should have to after the last idiot. She has turned this place around regarding organization and efficiency for once!!! Most members will tell you that. Personally, we were ready to leave after the last Scottish moron! He not only bailed....but ran this place into the ground before doing so along with another moron power hungry board member.

We are beyond thrilled with what has become of LGN under the new leadership. It finally makes it complete and yes, we are worried what will happen now with all we hear about the insanity and corruption at SB.

First of all, are you referring to James park, the past president and a female board member, and secondly, do you have this current preidents email? I have all her other contact info that I am reluctant to use as email is less invasive.

I will say that I have heard that she has done a wonderful job, and with that said, why is Tim Graham looking to crash the club? Could it be that the current president sees Tim for what he is and is it simply Tim taking care of Tim and screw LGN?

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree so much. James Park was his name and the other one has to be Todd. Maybe not who you are talking about. But he made things really bad. an old treasurer who saw the books said that.
this president is really good. we needed it. very helpful and cares so much. even paid for my kid to play because we couldn't. Handed me the money. Most people don't do things like that. it was very nice. never told anyone. just was kind. hope lgn stays the same with this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent who has had many kids go through this club. Across three different presidents. (second marriage) The current president has totally stepped in and taken on a bigger role than ANYONE should have to after the last idiot. She has turned this place around regarding organization and efficiency for once!!! Most members will tell you that. Personally, we were ready to leave after the last Scottish moron! He not only bailed....but ran this place into the ground before doing so along with another moron power hungry board member.
We are beyond thrilled with what has become of LGN under the new leadership. It finally makes it complete and yes, we are worried what will happen now with all we hear about the insanity and corruption at SB.

Corruption at stony brook? Like what? And be careful what you say

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

Corruption at stony brook? Like what? And be careful what you say
....or what? The SB board appears to be corrupt in their handling and managing this situation. Deal with the optics of this...if you don’t like the word corrupt used by the quoted poster to describe what Rob, Jerry, and Linda Ward are doing what word would you choose to put in its place?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know this woman but if you go the the LGN Soccer website her email is on the home page. This didn't require that much detective work, a simple google also brings it up.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I don't know this woman but if you go the the LGN Soccer website her email is on the home page. This didn't require that much detective work, a simple google also brings it up.

I did see that email and others attributed to her and they were rejected with the same message that the email address doesnt exist....and why does the email on the LGN site attribute it to her as a coach and no mention of her as president nor any board members?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand, but both clubs seem to be experiencing some of the same issues and unfortunately may not be around in a few years if they don't do something. Kids have been leaving the town clubs in droves to chase the greener pastures being peddled by the for-profit clubs who are charging $3k-$4k a year. Everyone can bash Tim (personally I do not think he is a good trainer myself) but to say he is all about the money is misleading at best. At the end of the day most teams at LGN pay around $100/month and are competitive with the for-profit clubs. This in of itself is quite impressive considering they do not have the number of players these other clubs do to pull from. As for him having too much control, as a parent at LGN for numerous years I think it may be more a result of no one else in the organization taking the reins.
this is kind of off topic of the SB/LGN merger, but ask yourselves this question....what are all these town clubs doing wrong, that is driving kids away from sports(this is not just a soccer thing) at a rate of 70% by age 14?

I ask this rhetorically because I already know the answer. It's well documented in studies done of youth athletes. It's called they're trying to be something they aren't.

Only elite athletes, and psychotic parents should be chasing the scholarships, and regional/national development programs. They represent the upper end of the bell curve. So the SUSAs of the world exist to serve this group.

But the middle 50-70% needs to have a place to play. With all these clubs trying to keep up with the SUSAs of the world, they alienate the kids who love to play but are still figuring it out, or who are playing soccer as a 2nd/3rd sport. If these town clubs want to continue to exist, they need to attack this demographic and give these kids a place to play where they can play with their friends, compete at a proper level, not chasing some dream they don't have, and cannot attain, and provide a quality sports experience for them, by giving them the best training without the pressure that kids for one, don't give a crap about, and two don't want.

Make the org about the kids, and what they need and want, not what the adults want.

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0037/9955/Why_kids_play_sports.pdf

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
This story just keeps getting better and better. here is the latest installment....ready?

I have been told from a very reliable source that documents have been signed and LGN and SB are working on a new joint club name. This has been in the works since October.

Furthermore, which I have a huge problem with this if true is that Kim Onek is the only board member at LGN, and 100% on board to dissolve LGN if it will benefit the LGN 04 team which Kim's daughter is on.

I have extended an invitation to Kim and I don’t offer two…only this one for her side of the story. If this allegation is true both the LGN and SB clubs are [****] over their players and parents as both club boards are taking care of themselves and their kids to the detriment of their entire memberships.

One question that is up for discussion is what is relationship between Kim And Tim Graham. An allegation in a much earlier post suggested is more than soccer training. Anyone see or hear anything?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is hysterical....I don't know if any of the signing and SB stuff is true. BUT...relationship? No way. if you take one look at him and then one look at her....no chance this guys lands her!!
I am a Sachem person...no dog in either show. I can tell you she was a part of our club for years. A soccer legend who came through the club. All American from Sachem North. She had awesome visions and plans for us and then due to bad board members on Sachem...they lost her and it was a huge Fu** up for Sachem. (among many, since) Either way, she was always looking out for ALL the kids, not only hers. So....I can't believe that part at all....doesn't fit. She helps for summer leagues still in Sachem....just a good person. Just my 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
This story just keeps getting better and better. here is the latest installment....ready?

I have been told from a very reliable source that documents have been signed and LGN and SB are working on a new joint club name. This has been in the works since October.

Furthermore, which I have a huge problem with this if true is that Kim Onek is the only board member at LGN, and 100% on board to dissolve LGN if it will benefit the LGN 04 team which Kim's daughter is on.

I have extended an invitation to Kim and I don’t offer two…only this one for her side of the story. If this allegation is true both the LGN and SB clubs are [****] over their players and parents as both club boards are taking care of themselves and their kids to the detriment of their entire memberships.

One question that is up for discussion is what is relationship between Kim And Tim Graham. An allegation in a much earlier post suggested is more than soccer training. Anyone see or hear anything?

I'm sure that some neighboring clubs are more than happy to take in a few teams for anyone not on board with this move.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand, but both clubs seem to be experiencing some of the same issues and unfortunately may not be around in a few years if they don't do something. Kids have been leaving the town clubs in droves to chase the greener pastures being peddled by the for-profit clubs who are charging $3k-$4k a year. Everyone can bash Tim (personally I do not think he is a good trainer myself) but to say he is all about the money is misleading at best. At the end of the day most teams at LGN pay around $100/month and are competitive with the for-profit clubs. This in of itself is quite impressive considering they do not have the number of players these other clubs do to pull from. As for him having too much control, as a parent at LGN for numerous years I think it may be more a result of no one else in the organization taking the reins.
this is kind of off topic of the SB/LGN merger, but ask yourselves this question....what are all these town clubs doing wrong, that is driving kids away from sports(this is not just a soccer thing) at a rate of 70% by age 14?

I ask this rhetorically because I already know the answer. It's well documented in studies done of youth athletes. It's called they're trying to be something they aren't.

Only elite athletes, and psychotic parents should be chasing the scholarships, and regional/national development programs. They represent the upper end of the bell curve. So the SUSAs of the world exist to serve this group.

But the middle 50-70% needs to have a place to play. With all these clubs trying to keep up with the SUSAs of the world, they alienate the kids who love to play but are still figuring it out, or who are playing soccer as a 2nd/3rd sport. If these town clubs want to continue to exist, they need to attack this demographic and give these kids a place to play where they can play with their friends, compete at a proper level, not chasing some dream they don't have, and cannot attain, and provide a quality sports experience for them, by giving them the best training without the pressure that kids for one, don't give a crap about, and two don't want.

Make the org about the kids, and what they need and want, not what the adults want.

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0037/9955/Why_kids_play_sports.pdf

The answer to your question is quite simple. The town clubs aren't doing anything "wrong" Most provide a healthy safe environment for your children to develop passion for the game. It's the delusional parents who jump from club to club to chase the next "best" club with trainers that promise scholarships and say "Brilliant" with an English accent that makes parents feel good about throwing their money at them. A small percentage of LI kids play for D-1 and D-2 schools and a smaller % get athletic $ from D-1 and D-2 schools. Your money is better spent on SAT tutors as the $ for academic scholarships outpaces the sports $ many many times over. As to burnout - there are too many clubs, too many leagues and the ratio of training to matches is too low. Too much pressure on kids to perform rather than learn and enjoy.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Remember you read this here first....Lake Grove-Newfield is closing down and being acquired by Stony Brook and a new name for the club will be announced. The thought is to make the announcement (deal not yet signed) should the deal be signed after the tryout season when all players have registered and are locked in. This of course will be to stem players from leaving if they dont want to be part of this new Tim Graham/Rob/Jerry/ Linda Ward club.

I also am of the belief that that KK and Atletico are being given a hand-job by Graham so after the acquisition which Atletico players will have to register with the new organization can be taken from KK as Kurt will be asked to leave the building Timmy.

Coaches who are OK with this will follow Tim,but coaches and parents who not on board need to think about moving. Whole teams may also want to consider jumping clubs before the deluge.

I agree with a poster above who touted Kim Onek, the LGN president, however she will be a non-entity once this acquisition is finalized...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s going to happen to the Atletico kids?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET

It appears they will stay with Atletico. Atletico has an interesting offer on the table......TBD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SURF-Letico

the entire youth soccer landscape (country wide) is in shambles. The same lines fed here on LI about ECNL not having enough players for multiple clubs is the norm in other regions...(Northern VA for example???)...

all the same...people looking to have the keys to the kingdom in for profit organizations and eliminate the organizations who are trying to provide a scaffolded pathway for all players, regardless of ability

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tell. i am guessing merger with another club on the horizon ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It appears they will stay with Atletico. Atletico has an interesting offer on the table......TBD.

Yes, it is SURF. I guess SURF thinks Athletico can finally make them happen. It will be a good alternative for unhappy SB/LGN players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry, any truth to these rumors? Surf and Athletic going forces? Didn't they try this once before?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Larry, any truth to these rumors? Surf and Athletic going forces? Didn't they try this once before?

I'm 99.9% confident that KK will not be continuing with SB as they will not want to run into probable issues of poaching or outright taking over his players or club by Tim Graham.

Kurt knows all about Tim Graham and will not drive through that red light.

I do not know if KK and Surf tried this before. It seems that NY Surf finally got through to Mama (San Diego Surf) and are welcome at the San Diego Surf Cup. This, IMO, is a huge tool for NY Surf to pt into their recruitment process. I know that Kurt would love to have the Atletico boys have that opportunity to play in one of a small handful of top-tier tournaments.

TBD....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm 99.9% confident that KK will not be continuing with SB as they will not want to run into probable issues of poaching or outright taking over his players or club by Tim Graham.

I do not know if KK and Surf tried this before. It seems that NY Surf finally got through to Mama (San Diego Surf) and are welcome at the San Diego Surf Cup. This, IMO, is a huge tool for NY Surf to pt into their recruitment process. I know that Kurt would love to have the Atletico boys have that opportunity to play in one of a small handful of top-tier tournaments.

TBD....

1 Is NY Surf still a thing
2 does Kurt have any competitive boys teams
3 Anyone can go to Surf Cup if they want

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
[quote=Larry Miller][quote=Anonymous]Larry, any truth to these rumors? Surf and Athletic going forces? Didn't they try this once before?

TBD....

1 Is NY Surf still a thing YES
2 does Kurt have any competitive boys teams YES
3 Anyone can go to Surf Cup if they want NO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Larry Miller][quote=Anonymous]Larry, any truth to these rumors? Surf and Athletic going forces? Didn't they try this once before?

TBD....

1 Is NY Surf still a thing YES
2 does Kurt have any competitive boys teams YES
3 Anyone can go to Surf Cup if they want NO

KK doesn't have any truly competitive boys' teams. The 03 team collapsed and the 04 team is not even as good as the competing SB 04 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember you read this here first....Lake Grove-Newfield is closing down and being acquired by Stony Brook and a new name for the club will be announced. The thought is to make the announcement (deal not yet signed) should the deal be signed after the tryout season when all players have registered and are locked in. This of course will be to stem players from leaving if they dont want to be part of this new Tim Graham/Rob/Jerry/ Linda Ward club.

I also am of the belief that that KK and Atletico are being given a hand-job by Graham so after the acquisition which Atletico players will have to register with the new organization can be taken from KK as Kurt will be asked to leave the building Timmy.

Coaches who are OK with this will follow Tim,but coaches and parents who not on board need to think about moving. Whole teams may also want to consider jumping clubs before the deluge.

I agree with a poster above who touted Kim Onek, the LGN president, however she will be a non-entity once this acquisition is finalized...

What happens to Nash in all of this?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
[quote=Larry Miller]Remember you read this here first....Lake Grove-Newfield is closing down and being acquired by Stony Brook and a new name for the club will be announced. The thought is to make the announcement (deal not yet signed) should the deal be signed after the tryout season when all players have registered and are locked in. This of course will be to stem players from leaving if they dont want to be part of this new Tim Graham/Rob/Jerry/ Linda Ward club.

What happens to Nash in all of this?

Mark will be the DOC of the girls should he choose to continue with Stony Brook, but I do know he is being courted by others as he is a strong asset for any club and many would like to have Mark on their coaching roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surf and KK would make a dangerous pair, especially for LISC and EM. Good Youngers with KK gives Surf some new blood. Could be interesting, don't count slammers out, they will be after KK and all his kids as well

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 33 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 32 33
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!