Spring '21 Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA | LIJSL |
| MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | ENY State Cup | WYSL | CDYSL |

BOTN Translation
Forum Search
BOTN Event Countdown to the...
Spring 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Spring '21 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 04/17/21 06:27 PM
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Larry Miller - 04/17/21 05:41 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by LIRef77 - 04/17/21 10:32 AM
B2009:U12 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 04/16/21 11:11 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All over the world, the coach tries and plays you where he feels you will do best,stop this nonsense about playing different positions,jack of all trades and master of none,always looking to reinventing the wheel

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All over the world, the coach tries and plays you where he feels you will do best,stop this nonsense about playing different positions,jack of all trades and master of none,always looking to reinventing the wheel
At such a young age???? You freakin moron!!!! You must be the parent of a player that plays striker exclusively. All over the world??At such a young age, they do not do this. At 14/15 yrs old I would agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Susa is not about winning or playing well,it's a business i think
SUSA Carolina is about winning and they do that more than any other club in this age group, PERIOD! I am not a fan of their soccer style, the only players benefiting are the one's up front as the ball is just kicked out to them to chase down and outrun defenders. To me that is not soccer. I prefer sound control, passing , give and goes , overlapping runs, playing out of the back, feints , pretty much non robotic players. You see more of this with Barca, Boca , EMSC and a few smaller town teams. In the long run, these type players will be head and shoulders above just speedy players.

The thing is Boca wins just as much if not more than SUSA, they play up an age, and they are not toxic like SUSA is.

100 percent agree they are not toxic. 100 percent disagree that they win just as much
Head to Head, SUSA beats them. Who cares about playing up, even scrubby teams can play up and win some,lose some. Boca parents may not be toxic but surely f@#$% ANNOYING!! It doesn't take away the fact they play as a team should. Only downfall, is players are not allowed to learn/develop in other positions. If you play defense, that's where you'll remain, even though a player has better foot and shooting skills.

In one sentence you say the team plays as it should, but in another sentence you criticize how the players are rotated? The reason the team plays as it should is because of the way they understand their positions. If you have seen this team play nothing negative can be said about their soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whats going on with super start insta kid? where is he at in this days?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At such a young age???? You freakin moron!!!! You must be the parent of a player that plays striker exclusively. All over the world??At such a young age, they do not do this. At 14/15 yrs old I would agree.

Yes, I heard messi played goalie, center back, left back, and his spare time as a right wing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100 percent agree they are not toxic. 100 percent disagree that they win just as much
Head to Head, SUSA beats them. Who cares about playing up, even scrubby teams can play up and win some,lose some. Boca parents may not be toxic but surely f@#$% ANNOYING!! It doesn't take away the fact they play as a team should. Only downfall, is players are not allowed to learn/develop in other positions. If you play defense, that's where you'll remain, even though a player has better foot and shooting skills.[/quote]

Yep, and thats a huge setback, but the parents aren’t smart enough to realize it. They should ask themselves - is my son developing as much as he can by learning to play only 1 position day in and day out? Is winning at this age worth more than development?[/quote]All of the Boca players are technically sound and have ability to pass to open players. Why not let them show ability in other positions? ALL players should know what it takes to play defense, mid and forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Head to Head, SUSA beats them. Who cares about playing up, even scrubby teams can play up and win some,lose some. Boca parents may not be toxic but surely f@#$% ANNOYING!! It doesn't take away the fact they play as a team should. Only downfall, is players are not allowed to learn/develop in other positions. If you play defense, that's where you'll remain, even though a player has better foot and shooting skills.

Yep, and thats a huge setback, but the parents aren’t smart enough to realize it. They should ask themselves - is my son developing as much as he can by learning to play only 1 position day in and day out? Is winning at this age worth more than development?[/quote]All of the Boca players are technically sound and have ability to pass to open players. Why not let them show ability in other positions? ALL players should know what it takes to play defense, mid and forward.[/quote] Indoor leagues in full swing and already the crazies out in full force.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are the top boys these days...what team do they play for ……...
There are some really talented players in the U11 age group scattered across top and middle of the pack divisions. ONLY difference is the top teams have more talent up and down in their roster. If you surround a div 3 or 4 talented player with more able players then their team would be competing at a higher division.
what teams do they play for????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are the top boys these days...what team do they play for ……...
There are some really talented players in the U11 age group scattered across top and middle of the pack divisions. ONLY difference is the top teams have more talent up and down in their roster. If you surround a div 3 or 4 talented player with more able players then their team would be competing at a higher division.
what teams do they play for????
Why, so you can poach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you want to win "now" with your natural gifted athletes and not develop the other players, only to lose those kids to other teams in the future?

If you don't stay patient and develop the bottom part of your team you wont have any overall team success in the future. Americans want instant gratification this is the reason we have our faults in this sport.

When Grandma stops offering ice cream and $1 a goal we'll get somewhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you want to win "now" with your natural gifted athletes and not develop the other players, only to lose those kids to other teams in the future?

If you don't stay patient and develop the bottom part of your team you wont have any overall team success in the future. Americans want instant gratification this is the reason we have our faults in this sport.

When Grandma stops offering ice cream and $1 a goal we'll get somewhere
I've noticed the better players get great satisfaction when they assist teammates with a goal. The not so good players will celebrate their goal without acknowledging the wonderful pass from a teammate. At this age, you can identify if a player has actual knowledge of the game when they "play it simple", have a keen sense of where teammates are on the field to connect passes and ability to "switch" play without a parent or coach telling them to. It doesn't matter if they play division 1 or 5, if a player does this regularly they will be much better by the time they are 13/14 yrs old. Real coaches/trainers, even from opposing teams take notice of players that do this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's team is looking to play in a winter league, 7v7 format, i believe 40 minute games. What is the ideal roster size?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's team is looking to play in a winter league, 7v7 format, i believe 40 minute games. What is the ideal roster size?
I would go 11-12 players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let gramma be gramma,genius,clueless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would go 11-12 players
9-10 player is max roster, this gives players plenty of playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know the total cost involved to play with Barca? 2k-2.5k ? 2.6k-3k? 3k-3.5k? Higher?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know the total cost involved to play with Barca? 2k-2.5k ? 2.6k-3k? 3k-3.5k? Higher?

Total cost including tournaments, uniform, training, all together after taxes = a complete waste of your money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total cost including tournaments, uniform, training, all together after taxes = a complete waste of your money
I figured there be comments like this, i don't disagree but a dollar figure would be helpful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I figured there be comments like this, i don't disagree but a dollar figure would be helpful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone go to the BWG East ID session last Saturday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
usual nonsense and sales pitch. nothing different and we didn't buy into it. the sell was high pressure and that scares me. staying where we are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BWG East? BWG West is dead why would anybody consider BWG East?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean Cold Spring Harbor?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, and thats a huge setback, but the parents aren’t smart enough to realize it. They should ask themselves - is my son developing as much as he can by learning to play only 1 position day in and day out? Is winning at this age worth more than development?[/quote]All of the Boca players are technically sound and have ability to pass to open players. Why not let them show ability in other positions? ALL players should know what it takes to play defense, mid and forward.[/quote]

The game is the same all over the pitch - if you have the ball at your feet you can pass it, dribble it, shield it or shoot it. If you don't have the ball you can either stay where you are or move. Someone mentioned "all over the world" - well all over the world they don't worry about positions. In some countries that produce better players than the US, 4 v 4 is played as a younger player. You could take all the knowledge about developing players on this thread and fit in a thimble!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
usual nonsense and sales pitch. nothing different and we didn't buy into it. the sell was high pressure and that scares me. staying where we are
Another negative, these clubs want you to sign a 'contract"...WTF is that about? At this age??? All a player should do is register with a team, if they want to leave they should be able to. There's a caveat, if you leave, you lose your $$$/ Parents should not pay all fees upfront!! 3k is way too high for soccer. Stay at a town team and develop.

Like Reply Quote
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!