Spring '21 Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA | LIJSL |
| MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | SIYSL | ENY State Cup | WYSL |

BOTN Translation
Signup 4 Newsletters

Forum Search
Spring 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
TBA
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 03/04/21 03:47 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 03/04/21 01:03 PM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 03/04/21 11:26 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Anonymous #751304 02/05/21 11:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is there any truth to the rumor that Lake Grove/Newfield is about to merge with Stonybrook/Athletico too? What would that even look like? Geez.

Jesus. Tim Graham, Kurt and MN, that would be like listening to Rudy give a presser about so called election fraud.

Having dealt with all 3, so glad my kid's out of that program.

let me guess, your kid didnt start or make the "A" team and its the coaches to blame?

Agreed as to TG as an administrator. As a coach, its a hard to argue with the results of his teams at the youth level for a small club team.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #751307 02/05/21 02:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any truth to the rumor that Lake Grove/Newfield is about to merge with Stonybrook/Athletico too? What would that even look like? Geez.

Jesus. Tim Graham, Kurt and MN, that would be like listening to Rudy give a presser about so called election fraud.

let me guess, your kid didnt start or make the "A" team and its the coaches to blame?

Same dude making the same comment every time.

No, my kid was on the A team playing 75% or so of minutes...like I've said numerous times. Unlike you, I don't give a [****] what level my kid plays at, and I don't define my existence by what my kids do.

My kid will be going to a high end college on their brain(99% math/88% language) and be super successful because they're well put together and don't put too much emphasis on sports because there are more important things in their lives.

But your A team kid will be asking my kid if they want fries with that.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751308 02/05/21 02:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I happen to like Kurt a lot. Good business man? Maybe not but he is a better person than most in the youth soccer landscape. With that being said Tim Graham is not good in an administration capacity or as a coach.
As the person you're quoting, I've had little dealings with Kurt at all, and they were generally fine as a person. Tim...pfft...garbage, all he cares about is winning and $$$. Mark I think is a good guy but he's serving too many masters, and my kid has done 1 on 1 with him before and learned a lot. But not listening to people who know what's going on, essentially lying, selling a bill of goods he doesn't have, that's just bad form.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751309 02/05/21 02:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed as to TG as an administrator. As a coach, its a hard to argue with the results of his teams at the youth level for a small club team.

Results at what cost? Lying? crushing kids? Manipulating? Taking people's money promising them stuff you cannot deliver and pumping the tires of kids who have no chance to make it to the upper levels just to squeeze more $ out of them?

People need to ask themselves if the ends(results) justify the means(damaging kids).

Here's a hint as someone who has hoed this road as an athlete up to the collegiate level, and as someone who has coached multiple sports for a couple decades, at the end of the day is this....the kids don't remember the wins/games/championships. The kids remember how much you cared about them. They remember their friends. The time in the hotels/locker rooms. Everything else doesn't matter.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751312 02/05/21 05:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Results at what cost? Lying? crushing kids? Manipulating? Taking people's money promising them stuff you cannot deliver and pumping the tires of kids who have no chance to make it to the upper levels just to squeeze more $ out of them?

People need to ask themselves if the ends(results) justify the means(damaging kids).

Here's a hint as someone who has hoed this road as an athlete up to the collegiate level, and as someone who has coached multiple sports for a couple decades, at the end of the day is this....the kids don't remember the wins/games/championships. The kids remember how much you cared about them. They remember their friends. The time in the hotels/locker rooms. Everything else doesn't matter.

I guess every situation is different. Seems to me that parents can be smart enough to not let TG promise their kids something that's bs. Maybe those parents were delusional too and weren't facing reality. Because I am sure TG coaches plenty of kids that have good memories too.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751317 02/06/21 10:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, my kid was on the A team playing 75% or so of minutes...like I've said numerous times. Unlike you, I don't give a [****] what level my kid plays at, and I don't define my existence by what my kids do.

My kid will be going to a high end college on their brain(99% math/88% language) and be super successful because they're well put together and don't put too much emphasis on sports because there are more important things in their lives.

truth check - your kid is an underachiever who probably wants to quit soccer but you keep forcing him/her to do something he/she doesn't like to do. you blame everyone else for your kids perceived lack of success. meanwhile your wife is miserable and sleeping with the neighbor b/c she is tired of you complaining all the time. man up!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #751318 02/06/21 10:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

another thing dumbo, you on here commenting means you do give a [****] what level your kid plays at and this is exactly how you define your kid. also, you calling it a "high end' college means you have never been to a "high end" college and neither will your kid - because of you.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #751509 02/21/21 05:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is mash? Seems to be missing lately?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751572 02/23/21 04:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He’s on Sports Recruits.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751573 02/23/21 04:53 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
He’s on Sports Recruits.

He’s actually around and working with teams. Why do you want to stir up crap and bust that guys balls for is beyond me. Just stop it

Like Reply Quote
1 member likes this: CJ Orlando
Anonymous #751599 02/25/21 08:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
true
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Is there any truth to the rumor that Lake Grove/Newfield is about to merge with Stonybrook/Athletico too? What would that even look like? Geez.

I find the above 100% true. I Have 80% of the same kids since U8. They dont remember the games, they remember the social interactions with each other. Just keep the kids happy.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751616 02/25/21 06:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
true
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Is there any truth to the rumor that Lake Grove/Newfield is about to merge with Stonybrook/Athletico too? What would that even look like? Geez.

I find the above 100% true. I Have 80% of the same kids since U8. They dont remember the games, they remember the social interactions with each other. Just keep the kids happy.

maybe you should take a look in the mirror and ask yourself is this true for what I’ve done.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751628 02/26/21 12:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

truth check - your kid is an underachiever who probably wants to quit soccer but you keep forcing him/her to do something he/she doesn't like to do. you blame everyone else for your kids perceived lack of success. meanwhile your wife is miserable and sleeping with the neighbor b/c she is tired of you complaining all the time. man up!

Nah man. So glad you know 'my kid' as well as me, when you know neither of us. My kid is an overachieve. Period, full stop. But clearly you want to pick on a kid you don't even know!

Here's the thing about sports you never learned, and that none of it matters if you don't love playing. Wins don't matter if you're miserable and treated like [****]. Ask the USA gymnasts who were in toxic abusive environments if the would give up their gold medals to not have the trauma. Guarantee every single one of them would not say it was worth it.

I am involved in sports because I love it, and always have loved it. Winning is great, you'll find no more competitive person than me. But it's not the most important thing. Only a small person who has never played for anything, or been grinding away from the game doing 2-3 a days to get better and maximize your potential and ability to be on a team that was say collegiately ranked 7th in the nation when you were there....you've never done [****], it shows. That's why you live vicariously through your kid and the wins and A team status matter more to you as you feel inferior trying to keep up with the Joneses by bragging about how your kid's on the A team and ranked blah blah.

Those of us who love sport, and want to foster a love of sport in our kids, and all kids know that none of that matters. I've shared the playing field with hall of famers, we're talking all world talent. They're the most humble people who love to play, and that's it. That's what separates them from you. They compete because they're hard wired to do it. But never at the expense of the joy of the game. As soon as it became a job to them, they hung them up.

In short...you're a gym class hero, living vicariously through your kids, competing with other adults using your kids. They will hate you and resent you for it. My kids never did and never will. I've told them 'if it's not fun and you're not having any fun, let's go find something else to do'. That's not an underachiever. That's called a happy kid. The day my sport of interest is no longer fun, I'll stop. But here I am in my 40's still competing against high level kids and besting them. So until that equation changes...I'm having fun.

At the end of the day, and I got the email about 'sports recruits' etc from SB Soccer, none of that [****] matters, it's for the parents. The kids don't give a crap. They just want to be happy.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #751633 02/26/21 04:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a ball of crap your story is. Who takes the time to write a essay full of garbage as an anonymous person claiming to have played with anonymous hall of famers lol. If your kid isn’t great at soccer so be it stop taking, making it so personal grab a drink. To the parents who push your kids to do and be the best at whatever they do including soccer cheers

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751757 03/03/21 01:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a ball of crap your story is. Who takes the time to write a essay full of garbage as an anonymous person claiming to have played with anonymous hall of famers lol. If your kid isn’t great at soccer so be it stop taking, making it so personal grab a drink. To the parents who push your kids to do and be the best at whatever they do including soccer cheers

I think the posters point was too many parents living vicariously through their children.

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!