Spring '21 Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA | LIJSL |
| MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | SIYSL | ENY State Cup | WYSL |

BOTN Translation
Signup 4 Newsletters

Forum Search
Spring 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
TBA
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
B2010:U11 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 03/04/21 03:17 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 03/04/21 01:03 PM
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 03/04/21 11:26 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21
Re: The new MLS youth league
Larry Miller #751100 01/25/21 11:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So did Albertson SUSA get MLS Next ? I had a player tell me yesterday that they did and he was going to play there because of this

Text message between Moussa and myself on this issue. I sent Moussa the quoted post above. Here is the reply and quick exchange between us.....

Moussa Sy:
Not true. We have nothing officially

Larry Miller:
But you are trying?

Moussa Sy:
Always trying to get into the best platform for our players

Larry Miller:
Fair enough

Reading between the lines here but sounds like they got the word, but nothing official yet. Congrats if they do and Moussa worded that nicely smile

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #751149 01/27/21 07:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That group has special privileges along with the couple of older kids they kept. $ has its privileges

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #751150 01/27/21 07:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard a couple of nycfc kids got caught playing with Brentwood and nycfc let it go. I guess it helps to know people

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751154 01/28/21 09:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard a couple of nycfc kids got caught playing with Brentwood and nycfc let it go. I guess it helps to know people
NYCFC isn't as strict as they used to be. That's for sure.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751159 01/28/21 12:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you upset over other peoples kids playing with other clubs? don't you have something better to do? They probably just want to play cos there training was cancelled and it was nearby. Mind your own business and get a life.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #751168 01/28/21 04:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you bag oils teach your boys how to follow the rules. This is how you probably got them to nycfc. With you checkbook and *** kissing to the nycfc staff. Aren’t you the same guy who says these Long Island teams are beneath your allstar

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751176 01/29/21 10:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you bag oils teach your boys how to follow the rules. This is how you probably got them to nycfc. With you checkbook and *** kissing to the nycfc staff. Aren’t you the same guy who says these Long Island teams are beneath your allstar

And SUSA coaches still spreading as recently as yesterday that they are playing MLS Next. Parents are so naive !!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751187 01/29/21 07:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that is the case they will get bounced out of ECNL for girls.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751189 01/29/21 07:17 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
If that is the case they will get bounced out of ECNL for girls.

I dont see that happening. MLS Next is only on the boys side so why would affect SUSA Girls ECNL? I think if SUSA gets it it a huge game changer on Long Island. The only problem SUSA would face is getting a team of players of the quality the MLS Next league seeks on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751193 01/29/21 09:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no idea what you are saying but you sure sound bitter about something. Can someone translate this? What is a bag oil?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #751197 01/29/21 10:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think he is saying teach your kids to be men of their word. They signed with nycfc and you know your not suppose to play with other teams on the side. Nit that hard to understand

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #751201 01/30/21 09:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe he’s calling you a greasy parent who gets too involved so your kid can get special treatment.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751213 01/31/21 10:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think he is saying teach your kids to be men of their word. They signed with nycfc and you know your not suppose to play with other teams on the side. Nit that hard to understand

If those kids played at Brentwood previously what’s wrong with being a guest player now? NYCFC takes these kids from the clubs uses them and it may or not work out. The kids shouldn’t play with their friends? This is still a free country I would think a kid that has not signed a professional contract should be free to play where they want.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751214 01/31/21 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If those kids played at Brentwood previously what’s wrong with being a guest player now? NYCFC takes these kids from the clubs uses them and it may or not work out. The kids shouldn’t play with their friends? This is still a free country I would think a kid that has not signed a professional contract should be free to play where they want.

They actually sign a contract and in that contract it states they won’t play with other teams. It is a free country and they chose to sign with NYCFC under those conditions and didn’t adhere to it. Not a good life lesson to teach your kids.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #751219 01/31/21 04:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So which is it ? Do you want him to play with his friends at Brentwood or at nycfc the supposed highest level of competition ? And if you so why did u leave your friends to begin with. Because the daddy’s can’t stop getting involved to make sure their kids shine no matter how pedestrian they are. Same dads that constantly huddle up with the trainers and director at nycfc.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751221 01/31/21 09:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So which is it ? Do you want him to play with his friends at Brentwood or at nycfc the supposed highest level of competition ? And if you so why did u leave your friends to begin with. Because the daddy’s can’t stop getting involved to make sure their kids shine no matter how pedestrian they are. Same dads that constantly huddle up with the trainers and director at nycfc.

Some kids just love to play. Why can't they do both? Play at the highest level they can and if NYCFC has no practice or games just go play with their friends at their old club. What's the harm? If the coach doesn't care then why do you?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #751223 01/31/21 11:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did you ask the coach if your kid could play ? I doubt it. But I give you credit, you know how to play the game. Problem is one day you boy will have to do it on his own and then he’ll be screwed because you’ve been interfering for so long.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #751232 02/01/21 03:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did you ask the coach if your kid could play ? I doubt it. But I give you credit, you know how to play the game. Problem is one day you boy will have to do it on his own and then he’ll be screwed because you’ve been interfering for so long.

Here is where NYCFC stands with outside training and playing. So as long as you're not missing NYCFC scheduled days then you can play with friends all you want.

No player may represent NYCFC in an official capacity (i.e. wearing jerseys) for any outside competition.
Strength and conditioning programs may subject players to safety risks and must be reported with full detail
Individual or small group technical work is usually permitted (off days)
Pick-up soccer or a small sided tournaments organized by friends and family is usually permitted (off weekends)
Other recreational sports such as basketball are usually permitted (off days)

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #751234 02/01/21 04:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Larry,

Curious to hear your thoughts. Do you think there is a huge difference with quality of ECNY boys players vs MLS Next players?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #751235 02/01/21 05:10 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
OP Online
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
I have no idea. I do not watch games.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751238 02/01/21 06:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Show us in writing where it says that in the contract you signed with nycfc. BTW they got caught playing in a tournament with Brentwood nit some pickup game with friends. See how dad misrepresents what really happened. Be a man already and own it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751244 02/02/21 08:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not my kids but I would do the same. Who cares? They're playing soccer. Why are you so upset?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #751245 02/02/21 09:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only argument that the academy can be make is overuse and injury IMO - any soccer is good soccer.

I just wish it would be a level playing field - either it's allowed by all or not. I know a lot of boys playing MLS Next and play HS for example. Those who decide to follow the academy rules are actually the ones who lose out on the experiences.......I'm doing it but that's a tough lesson to stand by.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751256 02/02/21 12:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not my kids but I would do the same. Who cares? They're playing soccer. Why are you so upset?

I know why he's upset it's because his kid wasn't ask to play. Maybe because his father is such a RICHARD : )

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751262 02/02/21 04:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Show us in writing where it says that in the contract you signed with nycfc. BTW they got caught playing in a tournament with Brentwood nit some pickup game with friends. See how dad misrepresents what really happened. Be a man already and own it.

The "restrictions" above came directly from an NYCFC email to the parents. I'm not sure you have ever seen a contract from the team but there is nothing preventing them from playing/training outside their program unless it interferes with NYCFC trainings. You are thinking of the old DA restrictions about no HS ball or playing else where. They only ask you don't represent another clubs or wear NYCFC gear to outside games/training.

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!