Spring '21 Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA | LIJSL |
| MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | SIYSL | ENY State Cup | WYSL |

BOTN Translation
Signup 4 Newsletters

Forum Search
Spring 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 03/07/21 02:27 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 03/06/21 02:53 PM
The Road to Robo-ref: Tales from VAR-off places
by Larry Miller - 03/06/21 09:16 AM
GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2020
by Larry Miller - 03/06/21 08:07 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Out of state Tournament travel still banned, but clubs repeatedly ignore this
Sundevil94 #751099 01/25/21 10:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true ref
Many unsanctioned League's make you sign a waiver that you cannot Sue and some of the referees doing these unsanctioned League can have their own private insurance to protect them. I mean if i reffed a family game in my backyard and someone gets hurt they will sue and win?

As for the rogue Leagues doing whatever they want, the sanctioned leagues do the same thing to their benefit for themselves or certain teams not to lose certain team they will bend the rules, reduce fines, etc. Its who you trust, there are politics in santioned leagues toon

As fot "certified referees" trust me its the same pool of referees and if an unsanctioned League offer some of these guys even $5 more they will pick that over certified leagues if they're not getting middles

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: Out of state Tournament travel still banned, but clubs repeatedly ignore this
Anonymous #751107 01/25/21 07:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not true ref
Many unsanctioned League's make you sign a waiver that you cannot Sue and some of the referees doing these unsanctioned League can have their own private insurance to protect them. I mean if i reffed a family game in my backyard and someone gets hurt they will sue and win?

As for the rogue Leagues doing whatever they want, the sanctioned leagues do the same thing to their benefit for themselves or certain teams not to lose certain team they will bend the rules, reduce fines, etc. Its who you trust, there are politics in santioned leagues toon

As fot "certified referees" trust me its the same pool of referees and if an unsanctioned League offer some of these guys even $5 more they will pick that over certified leagues if they're not getting middles

Waivers are absolutely useless and do not stand up in court. And yes, you could be sued, successfully sued, for reffing a family game in your backyard if someone got hurt due to your alleged negligence.

Like Reply Quote
Sundevil94 #751118 01/26/21 01:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who makes a post to rat out clubs, parents and children. Sad days ahead with people like you all being excepted as anything other than sticking your noses where they don’t belong, mind yours

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751119 01/26/21 02:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who makes a post to rat out clubs, parents and children. Sad days ahead with people like you all being excepted as anything other than sticking your noses where they don’t belong, mind yours

I'm Not your so called rat but with all due resoect, someone has to just say it- you are a complete idiot. Calling someone a rat because they bring up whats a public health issue. No one Would care what you or anyone else do to yourself out of stupidity (knowing the facts) but when you create a risk for others, possibly super spreading what a selfish horrible person and poor role model you are. All in pursuit of ... what?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751120 01/26/21 04:18 PM
S
Back of THE NET
OP Offline
Back of THE NET
S

At least now we know tournaments that teams can travel out of state. If a bordering state then no need to quarantine or test. If non bordering you have to quarantine 10 days or test out. Seems to me like going to Jefferson Cup is a long drive to have to quarantine for 10 days or test out after 4. How many parents can take off that kind of time?

All of these teams compete for players and families and some have played dirty in the past. If you feel like your club was unfairly on this list take it up with your DOC. We will send teams to PA and NJ.

What we need is a highly competitive NY tournament that is worth going to.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751125 01/26/21 06:53 PM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L
Not true ref

Insurance may not cover unsanctioned leagues. Of course you cannot control politics but an unsanctioned league could be totally unregulated and not a good deal if things go bad. Also, if it cancels for weather, good luck!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751129 01/27/21 07:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen Karen take it easy, I agree mind yours. Hopefully you weren’t the person informing your neighbors had granny over for thanksgiving

Like Reply Quote
Sundevil94 #751205 01/30/21 01:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Sundevil94

At least now we know tournaments that teams can travel out of state. If a bordering state then no need to quarantine or test. If non bordering you have to quarantine 10 days or test out. Seems to me like going to Jefferson Cup is a long drive to have to quarantine for 10 days or test out after 4. How many parents can take off that kind of time?

All of these teams compete for players and families and some have played dirty in the past. If you feel like your club was unfairly on this list take it up with your DOC. We will send teams to PA and NJ.

Susa had a a few great tournaments. All the best on LI were there. MSC College showcase had teams from upstate. There have been some very competitive tournaments this past year

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751212 01/31/21 10:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Susa had a a few great tournaments. All the best on LI were there. MSC College showcase had teams from upstate. There have been some very competitive tournaments this past year

Really you think Nassau and Suffolk make up some of the best soccer in NY? NYC and the rest of NY teams could not go Columbus weekend. Have you been to any high level tournaments out of state? Would a top NJ team ever go to a SUSA tournament? Maybe if they partner with EDP they could draw in higher level teams.

I’m sure Massapequa puts on a good showcase but few college coaches it was a waste of money. Hopefully recruiting will open up again for next years.

My sons teams are going to EDP Spring cup and will play against top NJ teams that are ranked top 20 nationally.

Like Reply Quote
Sundevil94 #751241 02/01/21 08:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont know what age your sons team is but if you are talking about college exposure they should be at the Jefferson Cup.

Like Reply Quote
Sundevil94 #751243 02/01/21 10:07 PM
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C

Jeff cup Not this year due to no D1 coaches and a lot of colleges are playing soccer in the spring even if its friendlies. Normally, Jeff Cup is a must go to not this year.

Like Reply Quote
Cross It 4 Fun #751261 02/02/21 04:23 PM
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C
Originally Posted by Cross It 4 Fun

Jeff cup Not this year due to no D1 coaches and a lot of colleges are playing soccer in the spring even if its friendlies. Normally, Jeff Cup is a must go to not this year.
Also School Ball is spring this year and I know its not the same level as Club just another conflict this year.

Like Reply Quote
Sundevil94 #751265 02/02/21 07:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't believe NY teams can participate in tournaments outside of our region yet.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751272 02/03/21 08:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't believe NY teams can participate in tournaments outside of our region yet.

They can but there is a traveler health form they may need to fill out. Quarantine is required upon return to NY, or one can test out after 3 days of quarantine to avoid a 14 day quarantine. At least this is my understanding.

Like Reply Quote
Sundevil94 #751279 02/03/21 07:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What we need is a highly competitive NY tournament that is worth going to.[/quote]

I don't believe NY teams can participate in tournaments outside of our region yet.[/quote]

They can but there is a traveler health form they may need to fill out. Quarantine is required upon return to NY, or one can test out after 3 days of quarantine to avoid a 14 day quarantine. At least this is my understanding.[/quote]

Per NYS:
For travelers who were out-of-state for more than 24 hours:
Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure, prior to arrival in New York.
The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests comes back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.

Can't imagine any team signing up for this.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751280 02/03/21 07:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They can but there is a traveler health form they may need to fill out. Quarantine is required upon return to NY, or one can test out after 3 days of quarantine to avoid a 14 day quarantine. At least this is my understanding.

Then there's this from the NYS website:

*For all lower, moderate, and higher risk
sports, travel for practice or play is
prohibited outside of the region or
contiguous counties/regions. Interstate
travel for practice or play is strongly
discouraged and, if undertaken, must
strictly adhere to the requirements of the
State's travel advisory.

Who the heck knows what's right....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751287 02/04/21 09:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then there's this from the NYS website:

*For all lower, moderate, and higher risk
sports, travel for practice or play is
prohibited outside of the region or
contiguous counties/regions. Interstate
travel for practice or play is strongly
discouraged and, if undertaken, must
strictly adhere to the requirements of the
State's travel advisory.

Who the heck knows what's right....

Basically, do what you want, just be careful

Like Reply Quote