Spring '21 Scores & Standings: | CJSL | DPL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | Challenge Cup | EDP | EHYSL | GA | LIJSL |
| MLS NXT | National League | NCSANJ | SIYSL | ENY State Cup | WYSL |

BOTN Translation
Signup 4 Newsletters

Forum Search
Spring 2021
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League
North Atlantic
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
G2008:U13 Fall 2020/Spring 2021
by Anonymous - 03/07/21 02:27 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 03/06/21 02:53 PM
The Road to Robo-ref: Tales from VAR-off places
by Larry Miller - 03/06/21 09:16 AM
GIRLS High School (School Ball) Fall 2020
by Larry Miller - 03/06/21 08:07 AM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Nassau County postpones high school sports until 2021
Larry Miller #746923 09/03/20 03:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Nassau Suffolk Catholic high school boys and girls athletic association is playing fall sports, starting with practices on September 21 and games on October 9.
Another victory for common sense and another loss for the fear mongers!!!

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous #746925 09/03/20 03:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the single dumbest analogy I have seen yet....Congratulations! Now pull the sheets back over your head and come out on November 4th.

Let me try again with more direct language that you might understand.

When a patient dies and a doctor fills out the death certificate, they include any pre-existing medical conditions as standard operating procedure. If you die of cancer and you had high blood pressure, it gets listed as a pre-existing condition on your death certificate. If you die from COVID-related problems and you had high blood pressure, it gets listed as a pre-existing condition on your death certificate.

So, anybody with any pre-existing condition at all -- and the overwhelming majority of adult Americans, ESPECIALLY older people, have pre-existing conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, diabetes, arthritis, etc -- would show up in a study of COVID deaths as having, as you say, an underlying condition. Does that mean it was the cause of death? No, not at all.
Let me try again with more direct language that you might understand:

Your analogy is lacking due to the simple fact that a gun shot wound to the head is not a comorbidity factor for someone with high blood pressure, yet high blood pressure is a comorbidity factor for someone with COVID. Simple translation...You are more likely to die of COVID if you have high blood pressure. You are not more likely to be shot in the head if you have high blood pressure....Is that simple enough to understand?

As far supplying links to articles, we can go back and forth all day long each supplying articles that point out why one of us is correct and the other is wrong. In the interim, I choose to allow my children to go to school, play sports, hang out with friends and not suffer from the mental effects of being cooped up in the house and playing Xbox all day. But hey, it's still a free country and your free to make your own choices.

Do you see the absurd flaw in the logic of this statement:

"You are more likely to die of COVID if you have high blood pressure. You are not more likely to be shot in the head if you have high blood pressure".

The COVID sentence talks about the effect of a disease if you have high blood pressure, while the gunshot sentence talks about your likelihood of getting the disease. Two different things.

You ARE more likely to die of a gunshot wound if you have high blood pressure and having high blood pressure has no bearing on getting COVID or getting shot in the head.

You clearly did not read either of the linked articles because they talk about something that is not in dispute: people who have asymptomatic COVID, including 30-35% of a group of ELITE D1 athletes, have a shockingly high prevalence of myocarditis, a disease which could leave you with permanent heart damage.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #746926 09/03/20 04:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It has nothing to do with formal direction or Federal guidelines . Big shot school administrators are afraid to make a decision.
They have access to the CDC reports, they have counsel. It shows the glaring weakness by many. You cannot expect a district up in Plattsburgh NY to have the same guidelines as NYC schools.
Example for my district. Originally the district stated if you do full remote learning you cannot do school sports which to me made sense . Well what do you think happened. The parents who want it both ways complained the district caved and now you can do full remote and do sports. Weakness
Now Cuomo and Zucker have been saying that NY currently is the best state now regarding Covid #s . Ok great
Haven’t we had all these phases ?
Suffolk votes unanimously to school sports on Sept 21
Nassau votes unanimously to not do school sports
NYC decides to not open school now till late September
Isn’t Cuomo and Zucker giving direction? he is the leader of our state ? He is allowing youth sports to commence right ? There is Federal guidance. But each Governor makes his her own call. That’s the way the country works. Wake up people it’s right in front of you. Common sense is lost in many

In other words, if people agree with you, they have common sense. If they do not agree with you, they are stupid.[/quote]

Let’s see I guess that’s your feeling
I personally do not equate not having common sense to being stupid like you
I have friends who are brilliant scholastically but do not have my view of using common sense. I do not consider them stupid by any means.
Not asking you to agree with me I’m not the states Governor. He is entrusted with making decisions for the state of NY. He and the NYS Health Comm had the phases set (agree or disagree ) . The public and businesses had to follow them. He has given the green light for schools to open , sports to start up etc.

And yes I felt my districts original rule which was if you do full remote learning you will not be able to do after school sports. Common sense to me. If you feel thats not common sense I do not consider you stupid

If your a School Admin in a position to make decisions go with it. Flip flopping will get you nowhere.
Shows weakness to me. Your in that position to make the decision.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #746929 09/03/20 04:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
>100 million American adults have high blood pressure. If someone with high blood pressure gets shot in the head and dies, did the bullet not cause their death because of the pre-existing condition?

[quote]
This is the single dumbest analogy I have seen yet....Congratulations! Now pull the sheets back over your head and come out on November 4th.

Based on what the current conspiracy theory is going around, I think it was a very good analogy.

Agreed 100%!!! This nonsense about "underlying conditions" also assumes everybody knows they have them. A huge percentage of people with diabetes (1 in 3) and heart disease don't even know they have it. Using the CDC argument, all of those people don't consider themselves "at risk" because they don't know!!!

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #750988 01/19/21 11:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I apologize in advance but did not want to scroll thru pages of posts-
Can someone please advise how the conflict will work if high school soccer begins March 1. Will the HS players be able to play for both their high school and club teams. What are the NYS and Nassau County rules.

Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #751000 01/19/21 05:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both however be prepared High School will probably get cancelled by St Paddys day

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751006 01/19/21 07:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedules are already published online, but who knows if it's been given the green light. Honestly if your child's been playing club, consider yourself lucky and don't worry about hs soccer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751013 01/19/21 10:12 PM
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C
Can someone please advise how the conflict will work if high school soccer begins March 1. Will the HS players be able to play for both their high school and club teams. What are the NYS and Nassau County rules.

Thank you.

No issue other than overuse and logistics....exception are teams in Academy (MLS former da academy) team players have an issue playing HS and Club which impacts 0.5% of HS players

Like Reply Quote
Cross It 4 Fun #751014 01/19/21 10:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Cross It 4 Fun

Thank you.

No issue other than overuse and logistics....exception are teams in Academy (MLS former da academy) team players have an issue playing HS and Club which impacts 0.5% of HS players

Its an issue for anyone playing at a decent level. You have showcases in March and April as well as season starting in mid March. If you saw the HS schedule they crammed it in playing sat and sun. Going to be impossible for a player to play HS and club. Also the practices. How can a player practice with both teams without risking injury? But the players need to play with their club team if they are going to be prepared for the season at a high level and junior year showcases.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751035 01/20/21 06:56 PM
C
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
C

Thank you.

Its an issue for anyone playing at a decent level. You have showcases in March and April as well as season starting in mid March. If you saw the HS schedule they crammed it in playing sat and sun. Going to be impossible for a player to play HS and club. Also the practices. How can a player practice with both teams without risking injury? But the players need to play with their club team if they are going to be prepared for the season at a high level and junior year showcases.

I wrote...No Issue other than Overuse and logistics....you confirmed what I wrote...thank you

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751039 01/20/21 08:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you.

Agree on most of your points, but Nassau County only has one Sat game scheduled for their schools. All games are crammed in 2 or 3 per week.
One would think a HS coach would give their club players flexibility during the Spring.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751046 01/21/21 10:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you.

Agree on most of your points, but Nassau County only has one Sat game scheduled for their schools. All games are crammed in 2 or 3 per week.
One would think a HS coach would give their club players flexibility during the Spring.

Where can one find the schedule?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751063 01/21/21 10:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you.

Where can one find the schedule?

It's called SportsPak I believe.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #751071 01/22/21 09:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote