Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Rough Riders Pre-Academy – Limited Spots Available!
by Larry Miller - 01/18/21 05:19 PM
The new MLS youth league
by Anonymous - 01/18/21 04:03 PM
New York Soccer Club Presidents' Day One Day Camp
by Larry Miller - 01/18/21 12:01 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Anonymous #750047 12/01/20 11:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
SB/KK merge sounds like good time for parents and kiddies? Sounds terrible anyone having fun?

Worked out perfectly for board members kids.

like who? either say who or shut up

You know who. If you board members actually talked to the members you would know how they feel. Oh, and I won't shut up.

I am not a board member nor do I belong to the club. Im just watching this train wreck. You stony brook people are funny. If you had any guts you would open your mouth, but you dont. You're spineless. Just like the stupid comments your parents make on the sidelines when we play you when you're confronted you clam up.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Larry Miller #750051 12/01/20 12:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB/KK merge sounds like good time for parents and kiddies? Sounds terrible anyone having fun?

Worked out perfectly for board members kids.

like who? either say who or shut up

You know who. If you board members actually talked to the members you would know how they feel. Oh, and I won't shut up.

I am not a board member nor do I belong to the club. Im just watching this train wreck. You stony brook people are funny. If you had any guts you would open your mouth, but you dont. You're spineless. Just like the stupid comments your parents make on the sidelines when we play you when you're confronted you clam up.

So you have no vested interest in the club and no first hand experience with the club but yet you are on here telling people what to do. How do you know people haven't spoken up? Are you clairvoyant?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750058 12/01/20 01:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
reading this is all the experience I need. you are a bunch of cowards. we do have friends in the club and the only issue they ever had were with parents and the entitlement they have. there are a few stony brook parents where we play now, please take them back. all the same

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750062 12/01/20 02:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
reading this is all the experience I need. you are a bunch of cowards. we do have friends in the club and the only issue they ever had were with parents and the entitlement they have. there are a few stony brook parents where we play now, please take them back. all the same

So you admit you don't know if anyone in the club has spoken up. Got it.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #750075 12/01/20 05:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reading this I have some advice to the parents that are not happy. I left one town team and went to another team and it was the best move. Go to a team that has all the things that you are looking for. Talk it over with your kids and if they are not happy also,start contacting other clubs. Better to do something about the problem than complaining or arguing with people on BOTN.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750080 12/01/20 06:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reading this I have some advice to the parents that are not happy. I left one town team and went to another team and it was the best move. Go to a team that has all the things that you are looking for. Talk it over with your kids and if they are not happy also,start contacting other clubs. Better to do something about the problem than complaining or arguing with people on BOTN.

I have another idea. Get active and take the club back. My kid is done this year so we are out. Best of luck.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #750082 12/01/20 08:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More SUSA players next year...SUSA killing it getting all these clubs mismanaged players and parents

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750088 12/02/20 08:27 AM
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
More SUSA players next year...SUSA killing it getting all these clubs mismanaged players and parents

Because SUSA is managed so well? hahahaha

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #750155 12/03/20 01:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have another idea. Get active and take the club back. My kid is done this year so we are out. Best of luck.

If they ever hold elections again.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750158 12/03/20 02:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they ever hold elections again.

Every club has bylaws and they are posted on the club website. If elections have not been publicly posted and announced, then something is wrong. Challenge the board. If enough people are fed up, then you can get changes made. Otherwise your going to be stuck posting and complaining on BOTN which does zero for your cause.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750162 12/03/20 04:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the original poster but I believe half the board is up for election every year. Board member terms last 2 years. Looks.like elections are to be held every June. That's how I read the by-laws.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750180 12/03/20 10:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the original poster but I believe the Director of Coaching is up for his/ her contract to be renewed every year. The DOC terms lasts 1 year. Looks like the DOC contract to be held every June. That's how I read the by-laws.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750189 12/04/20 09:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the original poster but I believe the Director of Coaching is up for his/ her contract to be renewed every year. The DOC terms lasts 1 year. Looks like the DOC contract to be held every June. That's how I read the by-laws.

I have read the by-laws. Where do you see that?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750193 12/04/20 10:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It doesn't. Article one pertains to 1 year the executive board positions such as President, VP, Treasurer. Secretary, Director of Travel, Director of Comm Relations, Director of Intramurals, Director of Registration and Director of Equipment and Facilities.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750200 12/04/20 11:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is making it up. Obviously is anti Nash. SB soccer parents are the worst. The whole culture has changed. Remarkably sad how far the club has fallen in a few short years.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750211 12/04/20 02:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have also read the bylaws and it is not in there. What would they lie about this? What is the point?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750215 12/04/20 04:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess the Board is just another version of politicians. If they really knew how some of them are viewed in the community maybe they would care.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750220 12/04/20 05:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess the Board is just another version of politicians. If they really knew how some of them are viewed in the community maybe they would care.

Hahaha! That is funny that you think they care.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750225 12/04/20 06:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm one of the more vocal contributors in this thread and that's what we did. Moved to Smithtown and my kid could not be happier.

As parents were happier too. No snark. No agendas we can find as of yet and I haven't seen a person roll their eyes if my kid or any kid makes a mistake.

It's not perfect. There are issues but my kid loves to play and my kids teammates have been kind supportive and welcoming considering my kid is new and not from their district.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750232 12/05/20 09:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm one of the more vocal contributors in this thread and that's what we did. Moved to Smithtown and my kid could not be happier.

As parents were happier too. No snark. No agendas we can find as of yet and I haven't seen a person roll their eyes if my kid or any kid makes a mistake.

It's not perfect. There are issues but my kid loves to play and my kids teammates have been kind supportive and welcoming considering my kid is new and not from their district.

Eye rolls? Are your really posting on this board worrying about things like that? It seems like you are transferring your issues and insecurities onto your kid. And that's not a good thing. Focus on working with your kid to become a better player and dealing with some issues that are present in all sports. But posting this nonsense on here (like anybody cares that your kid is out of the district) only shows that your are the problem; not your kid.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #750238 12/05/20 10:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a public forum about what is wrong at the club so why shouldn't they post about their experience? What makes you the authority on what can and should be posted?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750239 12/05/20 10:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eye rolls? Are your really posting on this board worrying about things like that? It seems like you are transferring your issues and insecurities onto your kid. And that's not a good thing. Focus on working with your kid to become a better player and dealing with some issues that are present in all sports. But posting this nonsense on here (like anybody cares that your kid is out of the district) only shows that your are the problem; not your kid.

Eye Rolls??? You must be one of those ARROGANT board members. You guys keep proving it over and over.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750244 12/05/20 11:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a public forum about what is wrong at the club so why shouldn't they post about their experience? What makes you the authority on what can and should be posted?

This is the issue with soccer in this country. The parents consistently cause issues and dictate the feelings of their kids. You can post what you want but have some self-respect too. You are an adult - worrying about somebody rolling their eyes is silly.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750246 12/05/20 12:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eye Rolls??? You must be one of those ARROGANT board members. You guys keep proving it over and over.

Come on be fair. They are working hard. After all it is not easy to destroy an institution that's been around for decades.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750250 12/05/20 03:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly you've not been paying attention or are one of the offenders of this. Eye rolls lead to what? Parents talking about other kids with other parents and with their own kids or when other kids are near. Kids look to their parents and other adults on how to act behave and treat other people and follow accordingly.

It's no surprise that the offending parents in my experience their kids are the ones who marginalize the other kids because they get it from their parents!

Quit being so obtuse or purposefully ignorant. If you are then as I said you're one of the offenders of this behavior.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!