Anonymous #749816 11/24/20 01:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
years back my sons coach had a stony brook parent call him and threaten him due to a lopsided score. the entitlement is strong in stony brook. this thread is a prime example

Imagine being Nash who has to deal with hundreds of these type of parents. Then to make it worse some of these morons are his boss. Whatever he gets paid it is not enough.

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Re: Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
Anonymous #749818 11/24/20 02:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
years back my sons coach had a stony brook parent call him and threaten him due to a lopsided score. the entitlement is strong in stony brook. this thread is a prime example

Imagine being Nash who has to deal with hundreds of these type of parents. Then to make it worse some of these morons are his boss. Whatever he gets paid it is not enough.

PAID? Why should he get paid? He should pay us for the privilege of coaching our children!

Sincerely,
SB Soccer Club Board of Directors(Well, the ones that matter.)

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749822 11/24/20 09:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Board and parents the problem, Nash good guy but obviously controlled by them.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749830 11/25/20 11:11 AM
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
Mark Nash gives all that he has. I admire him a lot as a professional.

Like Reply Quote
CJ Orlando #749834 11/25/20 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CJ Orlando
Mark Nash gives all that he has. I admire him a lot as a professional.

What ever he gets paid is not enough to deal with hundreds of crazed parents every week.

Like Reply Quote
1 member likes this: CJ Orlando
Larry Miller #749836 11/25/20 12:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony brook Parents are lunatics. You can tell by this forum and when my sons high school team played ward meleville. this is a few years back and it doesnt look like anything has changed. bunch of loud mouth wimps.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749855 11/26/20 10:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nash a good role model, but SB parents want to control their own kids play? This why SUSA type programs excel eliminate a lot not all the politics and mommy/daddy control issues. Many kids will leave SB for these reasons and program will be left with these parents and families. Need to let Nash do his job!

Like Reply Quote
1 member likes this: CJ Orlando
Anonymous #749864 11/27/20 02:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nash a good role model, but SB parents want to control their own kids play? This why SUSA type programs excel eliminate a lot not all the politics and mommy/daddy control issues. Many kids will leave SB for these reasons and program will be left with these parents and families. Need to let Nash do his job!

The only job Nash is told to do is place certain board members kids above all others.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749870 11/28/20 05:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only job Nash is told to do is place certain board members kids above all others.
waaaah waaah

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749877 11/29/20 09:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

waaaah waaah

So appropriate. Would not expect a coherent response from the board.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749882 11/29/20 01:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

waaaah waaah

So appropriate. Would not expect a coherent response from the board.

There is a board?

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749886 11/29/20 03:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People should just relax. Be grateful your kids can play during these crazy times. Can't be easy for any club to operate nor any Coach to coach. Patience and Perspective are needed now more then ever.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749934 11/30/20 08:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If any parents at Smithtown behaved like SB parents do then they would be told to leave. Our board members do not act like they are royalty either.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749968 11/30/20 03:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a SB parent of 2 kids in the club. I have never seen more parents who act like "experts" on a game none of them played. The arrogance is astounding.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749974 11/30/20 04:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown has its own issues. Top poacher on long island and tons of favoritism.

Like Reply Quote
Larry Miller #749992 11/30/20 09:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB/KK merge sounds like good time for parents and kiddies? Sounds terrible anyone having fun?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749999 11/30/20 09:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB/KK merge sounds like good time for parents and kiddies? Sounds terrible anyone having fun?

Worked out perfectly for board members kids.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750025 12/01/20 09:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

like who? either say who or shut up

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750031 12/01/20 10:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a SB parent of 2 kids in the club. I have never seen more parents who act like "experts" on a game none of them played. The arrogance is astounding.
The arrogance cuts both ways.

Also just because you played, doesn't mean you can coach, or have a clue on how to create an organization with a proper culture.

I never played soccer in my life. But I can coach it to a certain age(no further than u12 as I've done it successfully) but I've also been involved in youth sports for over 20 years at high levels and I know what works, and what doesn't.

The current SB program has no culture. Has no accountability. Has no vision for what it wants to be, or how it is going to serve the kids. That makes it toxic. Culture starts at the top with structure and accountability. There is none of that in this program, so I left.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750032 12/01/20 10:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a chicken or the egg situation.

Are the parents this way, because of who they are, or are they this way because the club is unresponsive, unaccountable and has no direction or vision that aligns with the vision of kids or customers?

I'd argue that it's a hefty mix of both.

When an entire team comes to him and says 'we don't want this as it's not what we want, nor is it developmentally appropriate' and he shoves it down their throats anyway because he claims to know know better, and ends up woefully wrong...then yes, Mark has EARNED some of the vitriol that he gets.

But, I agree there are a lot of the 'overachiever' crowd that doesn't have a clue what they're doing and how they're damaging their kids and ruining the experience for everyone by their antics.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750034 12/01/20 10:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People should just relax. Be grateful your kids can play during these crazy times. Can't be easy for any club to operate nor any Coach to coach. Patience and Perspective are needed now more then ever.
Most of the complaints are historical.

But I hate the argument that people should be grateful for accepting [****] to eat. The club, the trainers etc should be grateful people are paying them good money to do a job they love.

It's a privilege to coach great kids. It's a privilege to usher a child from their first games, all the way to collegiate sport or just on to the beer leagues and nurture their love of sport. It is a privilege to be a part of a great team, or teams.

What is not a privilege is having people whose intentions are ill, and not for the kids, ruin a kid's love of sport. Or have parents seed their kid's brains with BS about their greatness and their teammate's not so greatness at young ages. Or people playing politics, cliques, etc. Again...it's about culture. If the culture was to retain as many kids as possible and foster a love of sport, that would be great. But that's not the case. Hasn't been for a few years.

Damned sure used to be.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750035 12/01/20 10:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

like who? either say who or shut up

You know who. If you board members actually talked to the members you would know how they feel. Oh, and I won't shut up.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750036 12/01/20 10:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a chicken or the egg situation.

Are the parents this way, because of who they are, or are they this way because the club is unresponsive, unaccountable and has no direction or vision that aligns with the vision of kids or customers?

I'd argue that it's a hefty mix of both.

When an entire team comes to him and says 'we don't want this as it's not what we want, nor is it developmentally appropriate' and he shoves it down their throats anyway because he claims to know know better, and ends up woefully wrong...then yes, Mark has EARNED some of the vitriol that he gets.

But, I agree there are a lot of the 'overachiever' crowd that doesn't have a clue what they're doing and how they're damaging their kids and ruining the experience for everyone by their antics.

Your points are all valid. This is where the Board needs to do their job. Set out an appropriate vision for the whole club, not just the top players. They need to step in well before a team is thinking about leaving the club and try to work it out. Give Nash precise direction/plan and give him the support needed to execute.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750038 12/01/20 10:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But I hate the argument that people should be grateful for accepting [****] to eat. The club, the trainers etc should be grateful people are paying them good money to do a job they love.

It's a privilege to coach great kids. It's a privilege to usher a child from their first games, all the way to collegiate sport or just on to the beer leagues and nurture their love of sport. It is a privilege to be a part of a great team, or teams.

What is not a privilege is having people whose intentions are ill, and not for the kids, ruin a kid's love of sport. Or have parents seed their kid's brains with BS about their greatness and their teammate's not so greatness at young ages. Or people playing politics, cliques, etc. Again...it's about culture. If the culture was to retain as many kids as possible and foster a love of sport, that would be great. But that's not the case. Hasn't been for a few years.

Damned sure used to be.

Yes the culture was to foster a love for the sport for all players, not just the top. The board was always the stop gap that protected the club. Sad.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #750046 12/01/20 11:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Damned sure used to be.

Not only a love for the sport but of community pride. So many valuable experiences being lost between how this club has been run the past few years and Covid this year. Hopefully we can get it back but it will be something the members need to demand. The further away from those days we get the less likely it will happen.

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!