Fall '20 Scores & Standings:| CJSL | G-ECNL | G-ECRL | B-ECNL | B-ECRL | EDP | GA | LIJSL | MLS NXT | NCSANJ | WYSL |

Signup 4 Newsletters

Forum Search
Fall 2020
Scores & Standings
Girls Academy League
GA Schedule & Standings
MLS Next Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
National League Playoffs
2020-21 National Playoffs
EDP 2020/2021
Scores & Standings
WYSL Scores & Standings
Fall '20 Scores & Standings
LIJSL Scores & Standings
Scores & Standings
ENY State Cups 2020-2021
Challenge Cup
NY State Cup
Maxpreps High School
New York
New Jersey
Connecticut
Maryland
Latest Posts
Stony Brook SC & Atletico FC Merge
by Anonymous - 12/04/20 06:30 PM
Where are all the Referees?
by Anonymous - 12/04/20 05:52 PM
Space Available For Rent • Hauppauge
by Larry Miller - 12/04/20 02:35 PM
BOTN en Espaol
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Where are all the Referees?
Anonymous #749674 11/20/20 09:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
At the bar
Eating Cuomo chips too.....

Like Reply Quote
Junior Soccer Advertisements

Anonymous414141 #749714 11/21/20 03:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know what the tiebreaker is for teams tied in first place in LIJSL at the ebd of the season? And they tied during the season?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749715 11/21/20 04:12 PM
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
Chief Rocker
Back of THE NET
anyone know what the tiebreaker is for teams tied in first place in LIJSL at the ebd of the season? And they tied during the season?
LIJSL does not have a tie breaker...the season ends in a tie. You can argue who had more goals, but it remains a tie.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749717 11/21/20 05:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While the teams do show up in a specific order in the standings due to tiebreakers in the online system, LIJSL does not officially use tiebreakers. If two teams have the same points at the end of the season it doesn't matter who beat who or how many goals they let up or scored. They are tied. And if two or even three teams are tied for first place, they will share first place.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #749719 11/21/20 09:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weird league

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749772 11/23/20 05:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weird league

The idea is to avoid teams running up scores unnecessarily.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749777 11/23/20 06:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weird league

The idea is to avoid teams running up scores unnecessarily.
Tournaments have figured it out long before.

My opinion on tie breakers:
1) Head to head (unless three teams are tied, then go to step 2)
2) Goal differential (max 3 per game)
3) Goals allowed
4) Goals scored (max 3 per game)
5) Most shutouts
6) coin flip (or shootout)

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #749782 11/23/20 07:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the street is they’re calling up all the really old retired referees and begging them to come back, the same way they are with the police, I love it you reep what you sow.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749784 11/23/20 08:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the street is they’re calling up all the really old retired referees and begging them to come back, the same way they are with the police, I love it you reep what you sow.

If that's true I'd say that it's more situational with Covid than mistreatment. They lost most of the spring 2020 class of new refs. There was no fall 2020 class of new refs. And spring 2021 isn't looking too hot so far. But the older guys keep retiring nonetheless making the numbers go awry quickly. I'm able to do 8+ games a weekend if I want because there are so many uncovered games.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #749813 11/24/20 12:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The old guys aka lifers, are what keeps the leagues alive. The new guys cycle in and out too quickly as do the young kids.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749814 11/24/20 12:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, it doesn't matter cause LIJSL is irrelevant!! All teams are losers!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749815 11/24/20 01:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
corrections...#! 2....it’s Offside... not offsides

#4 ...2nd last defender not the las defender.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749824 11/25/20 08:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, it doesn't matter cause LIJSL is irrelevant!! All teams are losers!!

Talk about loser and irrelevant. You are making fun of children without identifying yourself. Crawl back into your hole.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749828 11/25/20 10:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talk about loser and irrelevant. You are making fun of children without identifying yourself. Crawl back into your hole.

LIJSL is irrelevant. They had a good thing and they allowed it to slip away because of very poor oversight and many other reasons. They have failed! Ask Larry about his view on this entity in the past decade?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749837 11/25/20 12:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LIJSL is irrelevant. They had a good thing and they allowed it to slip away because of very poor oversight and many other reasons. They have failed! Ask Larry about his view on this entity in the past decade?

Hate on the league if you want, but pretty douchey to call all the teams losers.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #749839 11/25/20 01:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
like the cjsl, the lijsl has been around for many many years and when all these fly by nights alphabet league are gone in 10 years, i bet you lijsl and cjsl will still be around for another 100 years

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749847 11/25/20 09:13 PM
L
Back of THE NET
Back of THE NET
L

To characterize ANY league as irrelevant that has thousands of children playing, possibly hundreds of coaches involved is the most uninformed statement that in itself is irrelevant.

Your attempt to minimize the effort of so many children that get joy from participating is ignorant and just plain wrong. Your cowardly anonymous statement is just wrong and cruel.
What are YOU doing for the game? NOTHING!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #749851 11/26/20 09:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relevant, irrelevant, who cares? I will say this. The LIJSL games I'm a part of sure seem to have a lot more smiles on the kids faces and visible comradery than the other games that I ref.

Like Reply Quote
LIRef77 #749871 11/28/20 05:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOU GO LARRY!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #749933 11/30/20 08:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only person of irrelevance is you! To characterize LIJSL as irrelevant when the have been around for many years only serves to demonstrate your stupidity. LIJSL provides a league that all levels of children can play in and enjoy. The failure here is your inability to see that not just elite level players get to play soccer, but rather all children who love the game and want to play the game, and LIJSL provides just that.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749944 11/30/20 10:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only person of irrelevance is you! To characterize LIJSL as irrelevant when the have been around for many years only serves to demonstrate your stupidity. LIJSL provides a league that all levels of children can play in and enjoy. The failure here is your inability to see that not just elite level players get to play soccer, but rather all children who love the game and want to play the game, and LIJSL provides just that.
I agree, it fills a niche for those recreational type players. Nothing more nothing less.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #749948 11/30/20 12:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love it! Delusional parents even on a Ref Shortage forum. Hammering LIJSL the biggest youth league on LI just because those teams players and parents y don't pack up their cars and go play in some fancy league that travels crazy distances just to get their asses kicked out of state. News flash, you can get your ass kicked right here on LI and be home in time to watch the NFL at a fraction of the cost.

I would bet the same condescending tools putting down the LIJSL and the players in it are the same tools that light up referees every weekend.

A fancy kit doesn't make your kid good. A big payment to a club and trainer doesn't ensure a good outcome, traveling out of state doesn't mean its going to be a good match, playing in a fancy named league doesn't make your kid good and if you are a parent of one of these kids, it doesn't mean you know the rules and can bitch at CR's.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous414141 #749951 11/30/20 12:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] I agree, it fills a niche for those recreational type players. Nothing more nothing less.[/quote]

I wonder if you have any idea at all how many EDP and ECNL players that were developed on the LIJSL level there are? Doubtful at best considering your stupid comment. Even if there were none, every kid deserves a place to play, just like idiots like you aren't denied employment despite your stupidity. Hell even banks will lend a moron like you money to buy a home. Amazing how you got this far in life. I'd wager your contributions to youth soccer on LI don't extend beyond paying your kids club each month.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749956 11/30/20 01:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] I agree, it fills a niche for those recreational type players. Nothing more nothing less.

I wonder if you have any idea at all how many EDP and ECNL players that were developed on the LIJSL level there are? Doubtful at best considering your stupid comment. Even if there were none, every kid deserves a place to play, just like idiots like you aren't denied employment despite your stupidity. Hell even banks will lend a moron like you money to buy a home. Amazing how you got this far in life. I'd wager your contributions to youth soccer on LI don't extend beyond paying your kids club each month.[/quote]

What is wrong the the comment "fills a niche for those recreational type players" ? My son plays LIJSL and that's exactly what it is. Don't be so soft and don't get offended by it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #749958 11/30/20 01:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, it fills a niche for those recreational type players. Nothing more nothing less.

I wonder if you have any idea at all how many EDP and ECNL players that were developed on the LIJSL level there are? Doubtful at best considering your stupid comment. Even if there were none, every kid deserves a place to play, just like idiots like you aren't denied employment despite your stupidity. Hell even banks will lend a moron like you money to buy a home. Amazing how you got this far in life. I'd wager your contributions to youth soccer on LI don't extend beyond paying your kids club each month.[/quote]

What is wrong the the comment "fills a niche for those recreational type players" ? My son plays LIJSL and that's exactly what it is. Don't be so soft and don't get offended by it.[/quote]

It comes across a demeaning and derogatory. Don't be offensive towards the kids. Furthermore, not all the LIJSL levels are recreational.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click Here!